Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The 16th Annual Lafayette Spring Fling - a 2012 SNDC fundraiser

Posted by jacques 
The 16th Annual Lafayette Spring Fling - a 2012 SNDC fundraiser
April 08, 2013 10:54PM
The Acadiana Disc Golf Association proudly presents

The 16th Annual Spring Fling at Acadiana Park

Schedule and Format

Saturday, April 27th at Acadiana Park. Registration opens at 8:30 AM. A brief players meeting will follow the conclusion of registration and the first round will tee off at 10:00 AM.

Different divisions will play different tees for this tournament. Some will play from the orange (concrete) exclusively and others will play a mixture of gold and orange tees. Who plays which will be explained at the players meeting. As always, novices and juniors will play shorter "blue" tees on certain holes.

Tee time for the second round will be announced and posted at lunch, once all of the first round score cards have been turned in.

An awards ceremony will follow the second round once the final scores have been tallied. All CTP prizes, awards, merchandise and cash won by players will be presented at the awards ceremony.

Entry Fees

Pro Divisions

Pro Open - $35
Pro Women - $35
Pro Masters - $35
Pro Masters Women - $35
Pro Grandmasters - $35
Pro Senior Grandmasters - $35
Pro Legends - $35

Amateur Divisions

Advanced - $25
Advanced Masters - $25
Am Men - $25
Am Women - $25
Novice - $15
Junior - $15

This will be a fundraiser for the 2013 SNDC.

$5 out of each entry fee will go towards the Doubles Championship which will be held in Lafayette this summer.

Extras

CTPs will be out on the course, cash & merchandise.

Two Vegas style Ace Pots - one for each course, $1 thru $5. Throw-off (if necessary) will be held while the scores are being tallied after the second round.

Novices and Juniors will receive a free Star or Champion disc of their choice.

Plaques/awards for the top three finishers in all amateur divisions and top finishers in all professional divisions will be presented.

Food and Beverages

To ease the pain of the $5 fundraiser, we're gonna feed lunch at this tournament.

Lunch will be served FREE of charge to all players between rounds. More details to follow once we decide what's cooking.

Directions and Contact Information

Acadiana Park

From I-10, turn South at exit 104 (Louisiana Ave). Turn left on Alexander St. Acadiana Park is approximately 1/2 mile down Alexander on the left hand side. The parking lot is just past the playground, before the tennis courts. Hole 1 for the Ace Run is behind the bathrooms to the left of the parking lot. Hole 1 for the Duzee is behind the soccer fields in front of the parking lot.

For GPS users, Acadiana Park's physical address is 1005 E. Alexander Street, Lafayette, LA

As always, camping is available at Acadiana Park's Campground. Get more info at http://www.visitusa.com/louisiana/camping/acadianaparkcampground.htm. I doubt they will fill up, but expect a bigger than usual crowd at the campground this weekend too.

Contact

Tournament director - Jacques Giraud. Contact me at the club's email - acadianadiscgolfassociation@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Sponsorship

We are accepting small cash and merchandise sponsorships for this tournament, suitable for CTPs or ring-of-fire prizes.

This tournament is usually our marquee event - garnering the most sponsorship, paying out the highest and always doing shirts and/or hot stamped plastic. Because of our commitment to this year's SNDC we are scaling back the Spring Fling to just a normal fun tournament.

Don't you worry - that doesn't mean we're phoning this one in.

This will be festival weekend here in Lafayette and besides a fun filled 36 holes of golf on Saturday, we will be doing two other things that we hope you'll stick around and enjoy with us...

Player's Party

After the tournament, we're gonna slide on over to Festival Internationale in downtown Lafayette.

One of the largest, 100% FREE outdoor music festivals in the nation just so happens to be going on that weekend and we are going to go out for a night on the town.

Check it out at http://www.festivalinternational.com/site.php

We aren't talking about some two-bit street fair, this is the REAL DEAL

Musical acts from all over the world plus traditional cajun music and Zydeco

Food from the best restaurants in Acadiana

And a nice selection of Lousiana craft beers at the LA Craft Biergarten

You definitely want to stick around for Festivale

Sunday Doubles

After partying all night , you might as well stay up and join us Sunday morning for the very first ever round of Sunday doubles at our newly minted course at Heymann Park.

We're going to work extra hard to get the baskets in the ground before the Spring Fling so we can show off the newest addition to the Disc Golf scene in Lafayette to all of our friends.

Just ask the folks who played the temp course out there last September - it is worth sticking around for!

Online Registration

Will be handled through Disc Golf United. This will be up and running tomorrow for those who prefer to pre-register and pre-pay.

Walk ups will be allowed Saturday morning too.

No cap - with 36 holes we should have room for everybody
Re: The 16th Annual Lafayette Spring Fling - a 2012 SNDC fundraiser
April 09, 2013 12:17AM
I like how it starts off all regular business as usual, and then BOOM! He brakes out the big guns, and slaps you all in the face with the oh heck yeah funkiness. Nice work as usual Jacques. We gonna have a bast Spring Fling weekend.

If you know how to have a good time, and want to have a great time. Come enjoy this weekend with us!!!!!
April 09, 2013 02:33PM
Bump!

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
April 09, 2013 04:40PM
Can't wait! Sounds like a lot of fun!!! :)
April 09, 2013 06:16PM
As usual the Acadiana Sr. Olympic Games is on the 27th, so I'll miss this one. I'd rather hang with you young folks but I can keep up with those oldies!

If I am still walking on Sunday I may show up for doubles. Marvin said he would be there to represent the older than dirt crew!
April 10, 2013 06:27AM
Please update the Schedule listing for this tournament with this information and a link to this thread.

@Joe - get Disc Golf added to the Senior Olympics and bring all those geezers with you to the Spring Fling.
April 10, 2013 07:11AM
When i grow up i wanna be like jacques..........put Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association inc. down for a CTP, bring you a disc and a decal.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
You have the False River Fencing money for the SF or the SNDC, your choice. I'm in SPGM or whatever.
April 10, 2013 06:17PM
jacques Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please update the Schedule listing for this
> tournament with this information and a link to
> this thread.
>
> @Joe - get Disc Golf added to the Senior Olympics
> and bring all those geezers with you to the Spring
> Fling.

You'd need port-a-lets, oxygen, and benches at every hole! *snicker* I added the link to the Acadiana Park and ADGA websites last week.

[www.acadianaparkdiscgolf.com]
[www.acadianadga.org]
[www.pipscause.org]
April 10, 2013 07:12PM
Thanks again to False River Fencing for another fine sponsorship.

Give them a call for all your fencing needs in South Louisiana and check them out online http://falseriverfencing.com/

Also thanks to Ryan and the folks in Pineville and David and the crew in Lake Charles for their continued support of Disc Golf in Lafayette. That's two cities in LA where the sport has caught on and is growing!
April 10, 2013 08:11PM

Come on down and pass a good time yea! Tell your Mom, Sister, and all your crazy families that the Spring Fling is near. Our house is yours, come relax and enjoy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2013 08:23PM by ParkedPatna.
April 10, 2013 09:22PM
Online registration is now open through DGU.

Go to Disc Golf United and get yourself signed up and official.

Registration closes Friday, April 26th @ noon.

We will allow walk ups Saturday morning.

Do like Scott said; tell yo momma - it is time for the Spring Fling.
April 11, 2013 04:24PM
I'll be bringing in a Badger next week to work on those tight fairways at Acadiana. No charge. Just trying to help. :>)
April 11, 2013 06:21PM
Who you calling tight? You need to loosen up those long sleeve blue under armor shirts Hurricane!
April 12, 2013 07:18AM
When you got it, flaunt it. Lol
If something is too tight please refer to Dr. Jack White over in the off topic forum on help loosening it up!
April 12, 2013 03:41PM
registered

April 12, 2013 10:01PM
True, the fairways @ Acadiana are TIGHT.

Tighter than a crab's a$$.

Gotta pry it open and dig in.

HAHAHAHA
April 13, 2013 08:23AM
Brother Martin people got an advantage in experience messing with craba$$e$.
April 15, 2013 12:37PM
Except for the new tee signs, all the maintenance work at Acadiana Park was finished this Saturday & Sunday.

I have been asked to announce the tee assignments for each pool for the benefit of those who wish to preview/practice the courses in advance of the tournament.

As I stated in the original post, different divisions will play from different tees.

Golds are the longest tees with grass and/or aggregate boxes - some are clearly marked and can be easily identified without ever having played the course before, others need to be marked before the event. All will have paint & flags on the 27th.

Orange are the normal, cement boxes.

Blue are the shortest tees which will be played by novices and juniors. Not all holes have them and there are no permanent markings. These will also have paint & flags on the 27th.

Pro Men, Pro Women, Pro Masters, Advanced Men

Ace Run Course

1 - Gold
2 - Orange
3 - Orange
4 - Orange
5 - Orange
6 - Orange
7 - Gold
8 - Orange
9 - Orange
10 - Gold
11 - Orange
12 - Gold
13 - Orange
14 - Orange
15 - Orange
16 - Gold
17 - Gold
18 - Gold

Duzee Course

1 - Orange
2 - Gold
3 - Orange
4 - Gold
5 - Orange
6 - Gold
7 - Orange
8 - Gold
9 - Orange
10 - Gold
11 - Gold
12 - Gold
13 - Gold
14 - Orange
15 - Orange
16 - Gold
17 - Orange
18 - Orange

Pro Masters Women, Pro Grandmasters, Pro Sr. Grandmasters, Advanced Masters, Am Men, Am Women

All Orange tees - both courses

The work on Saturday included some much needed erosion control work to the back side of the raised basket on Duzee hole 9. I will post a picture of the finished product when I have more time.
April 16, 2013 08:17PM
please read the following thread and let you TD and BoD know what you thing.......
[www.sndg.org]

April 16, 2013 08:40PM
50/50 Raffle

We will hold a 50/50 cash raffle at the Spring Fling this year. Originally the raffle was going to be a fundraising deal for the SNDC like all of the others we have held in recent tournaments.

Instead, the beneficiary will be the effort in West Monroe focused on breast cancer which has apparently touched the life of Marc Shipley's family.

I ask that we redouble our efforts and consider being especially generous when the can is being passed for the raffle.

Sponsors

I also want to thank two new $25 cash CTP sponsors.

The Nyce family - Johnathan & Hannah

and

Lafayette's 2013 SN Cup team

Thanks boys and girls!

They join False River Fencing as sponsors of this year's Spring Fling.

The Hill

So you either love the raised basket on Duzee hole 9

or you hate it

or you hate the fact that people love it

or you love the fact that people hate it

or you have some wierd, ambiguous, love-hate relationship with it.

Whatever your inclinations are, you're sure to notice the changes that we made to it this weekend.

We went all George Bush Sr. on it - we envisioned a "kinder, gentler hill."

The result is a Mayan pyramid looking step pattern on the back side which will hopefully be more erosion resistant. David Roberts picked up grass seed and mixed it in as we were shoveling so hopefully we get some sprouts in the next few weeks.

We also lowered the basket itself on the pole so it now sits at normal height above the playing surface on top the mound.

Check out the photo or better yet, check it out in person at the Spring Fling!

April 17, 2013 08:39AM
That's good work. People like me can put a third shot on the terrace for a 4.

When y'all put a floating basket in the middle of the Vermilion River at Heymann, and we have to Kayak out to putt, I'm drawing the line there. I know how sick your minds are. lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2013 09:01AM by dcclayton.
April 17, 2013 09:21AM
Hurricane
When y'all put a floating basket in the middle of the Vermilion River at Heymann, and we have to Kayak out to putt, I'm drawing the line there.
What is this "kayak" you speak of????

April 17, 2013 10:49AM
That's one of those thingies you use to move around on water, unless you are Jesus. I think you would probably need one.
April 17, 2013 11:38AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOO you mean a Pirogue!!!

April 17, 2013 11:59AM
a pirogue is for the normal cajun, a kayak is for them skinny dudes

April 17, 2013 02:30PM
Love this tourney!!! Jacques is da man and I know he'll put on one hell of a tournament. Y'all come one down and enjoy festival international as well, you won't be disappointed!!!
April 17, 2013 03:10PM
Looking forward to it!
Jacques, you still got me down for a free entry or what?
April 17, 2013 03:24PM
Free?!?!!? Hell I was thinking triple! Yankee....

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013