Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The 16th Annual Lafayette Spring Fling - a 2012 SNDC fundraiser

Posted by jacques 
Re: The 16th Annual Lafayette Spring Fling - a 2012 SNDC fundraiser
April 17, 2013 05:26PM
Haha. I'm no Yankee. Once a coona$$, always a coona$$ ma brutha.

By the way Jacques, I'm just messing with you. Can't complain about a $25 entry fee. Average one-day PDGA tourneys around here in Yankeeland are upwards of $40-50 while not nearly offering the amount of "freebies" as most SNDG tourneys do.

And many have said it and I'll gladly reiterate that you're doing a great job with putting information out there and making Lafayette tournaments so attractive. So a big THANK YOU to all involved in making this happen. Kudos to the ADGA. See ya'll on the battlefield.
April 17, 2013 10:01PM
Donovan you are free to play in the tournament. It'll only cost you $25. HAHA

Got Acadiana all dolled up and we're gonna stick Heymann in the ground this weekend. I assume you will be sticking around for the inaugural Sunday doubles out there on the 28th.
April 18, 2013 07:32AM
I am

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
April 19, 2013 10:43AM
Yes Jacques. Looking forward to playing a new Lafayette course!
April 22, 2013 08:30AM
Played Heymann Park yesterday....wow.......all I am sayin

April 22, 2013 07:45PM
In case you weren't paying attention!
Player's Party

After the tournament, we're gonna slide on over to Festival Internationale in downtown Lafayette.

One of the largest, 100% FREE outdoor music festivals in the nation just so happens to be going on that weekend and we are going to go out for a night on the town.

Check it out at [www.festivalinternational.com]

We aren't talking about some two-bit street fair, this is the REAL DEAL

Musical acts from all over the world plus traditional cajun music and Zydeco

Food from the best restaurants in Acadiana
April 23, 2013 02:17PM
So Ryan and I are the only two who registered online to help out the preparation? lol

Maybe if DGU had the tournament in the right month if you go to the site not using the link, it would work better.
April 23, 2013 08:42PM
The Spring Fling is this weekend, correct? When I looked at the website to register, it listed the date as Friday, May 5th.
April 23, 2013 08:49PM
Saturday Jen

April 23, 2013 08:54PM
Sweet. Thanks Keith. :)
April 23, 2013 09:48PM
Announcements

Ladies and gentlemen and everybody else, my apologies for the FUBAR with the tournament being listed on the WRONG DATE on Disc Golf United.

The Spring Fling is of course this weekend, April 27th. For some unknown reason, the DGU site decided it should be the 10th of May and it changed the date accordingly.

Anybody who shows up in May 10th expecting a tournament is going to be sadly disappointed but we'll buy them a beer and play a round or two and try to make them feel better. HAHAHA

I know who won't be disappointed - the folks who come to play Disc Golf in Lafayette this weekend because we are going to have fun playing at Acadiana Park on Saturday in the 16th Annual Spring Fling. Then we're gonna have fun Saturday night at Festival Internationale. Then we're gonna have even more fun Sunday for the club's very first doubles round on our new course at Heymann Park.

Now normally the Spring Fling is our big blow-out tournament where we give away the house in cash, prizes and players packs but this year that honor goes to the SNDC which we have the privelege of hosting in July. I think it is a good idea to remind everybody that this year's Spring Fling is going to be somewhat of a fundraiser for the SNDC and that $5 of each entry fee collected is going to support our efforts to host a record breaking Doubles Championship this summer.

To ease the pain of a $5 contribution, we are once again feeding everybody lunch at the park free of charge between rounds. We are having red beans and rice, smoked sausage and cornbread with soft drinks and snacks.

Sponsors

A special thanks to Scott Comeaux and his restaurant JuJu Bugs for getting us a good price on some of the food being served. If you feel like eating boiled crawfish or shrimp while you are in town, give JuJu Bugs a call - 337-662-3990

Also, thanks to Jon Fox who was passing through town on business and decided to join the guys for a round of golf at Heymann and donated two $25 gift certificates to Academy Sporting Goods for CTPs at the tournament.

They join

False River Fencing
David Clayton and Southwest Louisiana Disc Golf
Ryan Niccolini and CENLA Disc Golf
Johnathan and Hannah Nyce
2013 Lafayette SN Cup Team

in helping us bring you a few extras at this year's Spring Fling.
April 23, 2013 10:02PM
Jacques
To ease the pain of a $5 contribution, we are once again feeding everybody lunch at the park free of charge between rounds. We are having red beans and rice, smoked sausage and cornbread with soft drinks and snacks.

If I put 2 Boston butts/ pork shoulders on Friday, do yall have a way to heat them Saturday?

April 23, 2013 10:17PM
Hell yeah we do Keith! I'll bring my pit Saturday morning with some charcoal. That should warm it up nicely!
April 23, 2013 10:26PM
Wow, sounds like you guys got it going on... checked out Acadiana on Goggle Earth... great looking park!!! You can even see tees, tee markers and baskets!!!! SN Dubs should be a blast!!! Might see you guys Saturday.....
April 23, 2013 11:53PM
Had the pleasure of playing newly installed Heyman Park Disc Golf Course today with some Lafayette V.I.P.s Awesome addition to an already strong disc golf scene for sure. If you like technical shots weaving through 100 year old oaks, lots of water obs, lots of sidewalk obs, and arguably the best three finishing holes of courses I've played in Louisiana.(I think Bistineau, D'arbonne, and Fort Beulow are all I lack) Get to play Sam Houston DGC in Lake Charles tomorrow. Looking forward to making a return trip this weekend to Lafayette with some Mobile pros for the SpringFling/Intl Fest/Zurich Classic trifecta.
April 24, 2013 05:31AM
@ Keith - bring 'em. We'll heat them up on the pit. I may pick up some boudin & bread for a true coona$$ breakfast - boudin sandwiches.

@ Buddy - if you've never been before, you'll find Acadiana plays a lot like Chickasabogue.
April 24, 2013 09:40AM
Jacques, Just talked to MattiO and he said it was way cool ..... only drawback was mosquitoes that can take your life!!!!! LOL That is OK... we are used to that
April 24, 2013 05:50PM
Ok...I will stuff the shoulders tomorrow and cook them Friday. I will have them with me Saturday morning. BYOPBB (bring your own po-boy bun)

April 24, 2013 08:46PM
Hoping to make this one. Need a ride from New Orleans. Can pay for gas...just don't have the wheels on Saturday.

PM me if you're going.

Gracias.
April 25, 2013 01:47PM
Sunday dubs... Random draw or bring a partner? Thanks
April 25, 2013 03:23PM
random draw

April 25, 2013 03:48PM
Please keep a fin (5.00) aside for the now famous 50/50 raffle. Instead of the helping the SNDC this time we will be helping a fellow disc golfer's mother in Monroe that has breast cancer.

Pork shoulders are bought and marinading. I will cook them tomorrow....23lb of pork.

April 25, 2013 04:07PM
Jim, Sunday doubles is random draw using a deck of cards.

Cost is $7 assuming you want in on the rolling ace pot which is $1, if not it is $6. $5 is for payout and $1 goes to the club's treasury.

The ace pot rolls on a park-by-park basis meaning we have one for Acadiana, one for Pa Davis and now Heymann (this will be the first one so it won't be really big yet).

If we have an odd number of players, the odd man (joker card) can opt to pay an additional $5 and play as a complete team - two shots at each lie - or pay nothing extra and receive one additional throw per hole.

The format is best shot.

Forgot to mention, novice players (new to the sport) receive a two stroke handicap, as do female players and 65+ seniors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2013 04:09PM by jacques.
April 25, 2013 06:23PM
Jacques Said
>
> Forgot to mention, novice players (new to the
> sport) receive a two stroke handicap, as do female
> players and 65+ seniors.

@#$%&, wish I had known this a year ago

April 25, 2013 07:27PM
Anyone from Mobile going that has an extra spot for me to ride?
April 25, 2013 07:33PM
We installed the new signs @ Acadiana this morning...

Pretty snazzy!

The placard beneath the sign indicates the hole number on the "original" course which is still the favorite layout of many Disc Golfers.

The old park is looking good. We will be out there tomorrow morning making one last pass with the weedeaters and putting all of the tournament markings.
April 26, 2013 02:56PM
Well looks like I'm gonna come down and play this event.. Hope the skeeters ain't really bad
April 26, 2013 03:07PM
there is not "skeeters" in Louisiana....unless your are a red head, that jut got married, from N. Mississippi, then you got skeeter problems.

April 26, 2013 06:02PM

April 26, 2013 08:08PM
OMG what did you do to Hogman?

It wasn't me y'all LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013