Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The 16th Annual Lafayette Spring Fling - a 2012 SNDC fundraiser

Posted by jacques 
Re: The 16th Annual Lafayette Spring Fling - a 2012 SNDC fundraiser
April 26, 2013 08:17PM
Would have to have a much much bigger grill.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
April 26, 2013 10:27PM
My grill is huge....much like my game
April 27, 2013 05:40AM
Time to start getting things ready for the day, see you all out there in a few hours.
April 27, 2013 01:52PM
115 players. Not too shabby.

Just teed off 2nd round. Only 6 strokes between first and last in a solid Open field. Matt & Cam knotted up @ -4.
April 27, 2013 02:01PM
Mobile's Twin Terrors in the house... LOL. MattiO has been on a roll... let's see if he can keep it up.
April 27, 2013 06:48PM
Winners of the 16th Annual Spring Fling...

Matt Orum - wire to wire in Pro Men
Jon Fox - comeback win in Pro Masters
Ronnie Adams - Grandmasters
Connie Robichaux - Pro Masters Women
Deb Brouillette - Pro Women
David Vance - Sr Grandmasters
Brady Reaux - Advanced
Keith Bodin -Advanced Masters
Thunder Schultz - Am Men
Jennifer Cline - Am Women
Lester Green - Novice
Silas Schultz - Junior

We raised $575 for YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship.

In addition, the 50/50 raffled raised over $300 for Marc Shipley - Keith has the exact amount.

Fair payout for a fundraiser, full bellies at lunch and again after the second round and decent weather too. It looked like everybody had a good time. I will have a complete wrap up tomorrow including full results.

Time for Festival Internationale. There is a cold beer with my name on it.
April 27, 2013 06:57PM
Great day and a great turnout I loved seeing everyone today and had a blast be back in July for sure
April 27, 2013 07:13PM
Jacques
In addition, the 50/50 raffled raised over $300 for Marc Shipley - Keith has the exact amount.

313.00 THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!

IT WAS A GREAT DAY TATOR!!!!

99 for the day best 2 rounds of golf I have played in a long time!!!

April 27, 2013 07:37PM
Matt "Butter" Orum ..... cause he is on a roll!!!
April 27, 2013 08:39PM
Great event..great weather...good people....I will return to Lafayette again can't wait for sndc
April 27, 2013 08:56PM
Jacques
There is a cold beer with my name on it.

Well deserved my friend!

April 27, 2013 09:41PM
Thanks, Jacques and your volunteers. It was a great event. The food was spectacular...great people and weather. Could not ask for a better Saturday! And, I really like those Acadiana courses...both will test your game in different ways. My game got an F- on its test..

I lost a JK 5x Valkyrie on hole 14. It is purple tie-dye. Has my initials JEK on the bottom and PDGA # 19226. It went to the left side of the fairway, half way down and disappeared. Reward if found...would really like to get it back.

Thanks.
April 28, 2013 08:34AM
@Jason which course so people will know where to look

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
April 28, 2013 11:42AM
niklpenny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Jason which course so people will know where to
> look

Sorry about that...Hole 14 on the Duzee course.
April 28, 2013 10:13PM
Jason, we will put out an APB for your disc. I checked the lost and found and it was not turned in at the tournament so it is probably still in the woods.

My apologies for the delay in posting results. I returned home from playing doubles this morning to plumbing trouble at the house. Look for results and a recap tomorrow.
April 29, 2013 09:13PM
Another fantastic Spring Fling down! It was as it has been, AWESOME! Thanks to Jacques, Pat, Randy, and the many others that keep these tournaments going year after year. I'm proud to be part of such a great organization of men and women! I had way to much fun Saturday, which was clearly seen by all on Sunday! Good job to all the those that finished at the top of there divisions, and to all the other winners that attended this tournament. Which in my opinion is everyone that showed up this weekend!
April 29, 2013 11:22PM

SPONSORS

In January, we discussed giving the Spring Fling a year off because of our commitment to this year's SNDC but in the end, we decided to run it as a scaled back version of its usual self and make it a fundraiser tournament.

Instead of an all out blitz to raise money for players packs and big payouts, we simply stated "We are accepting small cash and merchandise sponsorships for this tournament, suitable for CTPs or ring-of-fire prizes".

Enough people stepped forward and we were able to put CTPs on almost every hole on the Ace Run, hold six rings of fire after the second round, feed everyone lunch and leftovers and still add a little cash back to the payout.

Thanks again to...

False River Fencing & Dane Clayton
SWLA Disc Golf & "Hurricane" David Clayton
CENLA Disc Golf & Ryan Niccolini
The 2013 Lafayette SN Cup Team
The Nyce Family - Johnathan & Hannah
JuJu Bugs & Scott Comeaux
Beau Andrepont
Jon Fox
Keith Bodin
Aboriginal Discs - Joe & Nancy
Wyatt Hardenberg
Zack Hudson
James Kainer
Sam Nolan

for supporting the 16th Annual Lafayette Spring Fling.

VOLUNTEERS

Acadiana Park is no fun to maintain - that is a fact - so let me start off by thanking the ADGA and Flight Club crews that turned out over three weekends to help whip both courses in to shape. They looked their springtime finest thanks to a lot of hard work by a lot of your fellow disc golfers.

Tournament day ran smooth once again thanks to the well oiled machine that we are blessed with here in Lafayette.

I want to extend a special thanks to our friends from Baton Rouge, John & Kevin, for jumping in and helping check cards & post scores.

Of course, a big thank you to Keith Bodin for running the benefit for Marc Shipley (a huge success) and for cooking, donating and delivering over 20 lbs of meat for everyone to enjoy at lunch.

ATTENDANCE

Last year, we pounded the pavement for three months promoting the Spring Fling all over SN land and were tickled pink when 114 players showed up - our biggest Spring Fling ever.

This year, we scaled the tournament way back, made it a fundraiser and didn't really start getting the word out until a few weeks ago. I must confess I was absolutley shocked when 115 players showed up this year, breaking last year's record! Go figure.

We had players come in from Tupelo, Jackson, Mobile, all over Texas, all over Louisiana and even one guy from Chicago. It was a chance for some players to enjoy a round with some folks they ordinarily wouldn't run across and I thought that was pretty cool.

RESULTS

Please check your name & scores for accuracy. I will submit this for posting once everyone has a few days to review it.

LESSONS LEARNED

This layout for Acadiana (some gold, some orange tees) worked really well from a time management standpoint. Both pools finished within five minutes of one another both rounds meaning things must have flowed pretty well.

I will have some more ring of fire prizes next time. Both ace pots were hit, meaning there was no throw off which is usually good for keeping everybody busy while I run down the board and prepare for the awards ceremony. Without that extra time, the awards went off a little clunky, especially the am men's division which had ties all the way down in 17th place. I was trying to figure out splits as I went along and it looked disorganized.

Also, because of the amount of ties in am men at the lower end of the payout, I know it must have been difficult to split up the merchandise among four players tied for 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th. Nobody said anything afterwards, but if anybody feels they came up short please send me a PM and I will make it right.

Our preparations for YOUR SNDC are once again front and center here in Lafayette. Look forward to seeing everyone in town this July!
April 30, 2013 09:18AM
Thanks for the good day ADGA! Jacques, ADGA, and the Flight Club have a good thing going on in Lafayette!

99 for the day! I had so much fun! Good to see so many new people playing.

On to YOUR 2013 SNDC!

April 30, 2013 11:04AM
Results are posted. Please check for Spelling miscues... Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013