Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Re: Wall Doxey Rumble in the Jungle Sept. 21st & 22nd
September 19, 2013 04:29PM
Nothing wrong with you making some money Gary. But your tournament isn't close to the caliber as the snac was and made more than their entire club. Yes there should be regulation on the income of TD's. I have always said that.
September 19, 2013 04:38PM
Sadly I will not be able to attend. Knee is feeling much better but had it checked out for a possible infection and the results cam back as staph. Been on antibiotics since Monday and its clearing up nicely. Know Gary has done a ton of work and he needs a good turnout to help promote the Disc Golf that is there at Wall Doxey. A good turnout would show support for the state park system and the SN series. The only thing I will say is that some things should be handled in private.
September 19, 2013 04:54PM
We will miss you Ricco. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Gary
September 19, 2013 05:10PM
The concept that a TD should lose money on a tournament as a way to "give back to the DG community" is laughable. Having tournaments to go to is the payback, and these constant criticisms of hard-working TDs is a great way to make the tournaments disappear. Everyone should vote with your feet and your wallet and spare the rest of us your petty complaints.
September 19, 2013 07:56PM
Dustin. You must really need some attention. I cannot stop you from being in a tournament in Memphis but you are not welcomed at Budhill. You figure it out. Danny
September 19, 2013 07:56PM
That reminds me. Byron Wood is signed up for Am Advanced Grand Master Division.

Gary Wagoner
September 19, 2013 08:07PM
Gary,
Are any women registered? I am not feeling the worlds greatest, but if I feel better I am thinking of playing AM Women. (AM Masters if you had it :( ). I was thinking of using the bunkhouse, but it says it will not be open if there are not enough players renting a bunk house. Would the bunkhouse be co-ed or how would that work?
September 19, 2013 09:02PM
carrioke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gary,
> Are any women registered? I am not feeling the
> worlds greatest, but if I feel better I am
> thinking of playing AM Women. (AM Masters if you
> had it :( ). I was thinking of using the
> bunkhouse, but it says it will not be open if
> there are not enough players renting a bunk house.
> Would the bunkhouse be co-ed or how would that
> work?

No women have registered yet but that is no indicator of participation. Last year I think only had 5 or 6 people pre-registered and none were women, but we had a pretty good female turnout. At least one bunkhouse will be open. I think they sleep 13. Once the count gets to 10 another becomes available. I may be able to get that number down. They are all generally co-ed. I believe there is a separate councilor bedroom if you can get there first.

Gary Wagoner
September 20, 2013 06:06AM
Never said a TD should lose money. Just said I think Gary made more than enough last year. Danny, you aren't going to support the Memphis event?
September 20, 2013 06:41AM
Carrioke, My wife will be there and she plays AM women. Vicki Palmer will be there as well. She plays Pro Master Women.
September 20, 2013 07:37AM
I will always support Memphis events just not you and all your negative remarks.
September 20, 2013 07:51AM
That's fine. I just bring up numbers.
September 20, 2013 08:11AM
It looks like I will get a chance to make It. Would hate to miss one of Gary's Great Tourneys!!! Going to be a late ETA. I'll be Bunkin'.
jcb
September 20, 2013 08:45AM
Byron Wood Wrote:
> The concept that a TD should lose money on a
> tournament as a way to "give back to the DG
> community" is laughable. Having tournaments to go
> to is the payback, and these constant criticisms
> of hard-working TDs is a great way to make the
> tournaments disappear. Everyone should vote with
> your feet and your wallet and spare the rest of us
> your petty complaints.

I could not agree more and if you got a problem with someone you should send them a pm and not air it out on the forums. That is just wrong!
September 20, 2013 08:58AM
I would just get ignored on a PM. But please read the top message on page 4. I said there was nothing wrong with making money. But if you are going make a lot of money. Then the event should be spectacular and stand out from others. Like the Lee Naquin, Dogwood and those events. I am sorry if I offended all of you but I just thing Gary's payout could be way better than what they are. I am not the only one that feels this way, just the only one that's got the guts to mention it. Danny, I am truly sorry if I offended you by talking to Gary this way. I just like to see the players treated well. Yes if I see $2000 or even $1000 missing from a payout it should be brought up and stated where it went. This is a players series but a TD can do what ever he wants. Some people like it that way but I think there should be a limitation or maybe a standard to TD income vs Payout.
September 20, 2013 09:29AM
We will not be asking for TD financial reports,,ever,, what each TD does with his funds is his business, but let me tell you, 98% of the TD's/Clubs make some sort of profit off the tournaments, this is how you build money for bigger tournaments. If you are unhappy with the payout of a tournament, don't play it.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
September 20, 2013 10:19AM
I have played more than 10 events. I know how it works. Not all TD's build money for bigger events. Like I said twice, nothing wrong with making money but there is a point where a TD makes to much.

niklpenny Wrote:
> We will not be asking for TD financial
> reports,,ever,, what each TD does with his funds
> is his business, but let me tell you, 98% of the
> TD's/Clubs make some sort of profit off the
> tournaments, this is how you build money for
> bigger tournaments. If you are unhappy with the
> payout of a tournament, don't play it.
September 20, 2013 10:51AM
Why do you keep trying to put me down, you don't even know me. It seems a few of you people spend to much time worrying about what other people do, it's just gonna get you banned from even more tournaments and courses. TD can make however much money he wants, it's his choice, if people dont like it, dont play the tournament.

September 20, 2013 12:13PM
There is a comment under this forum that falls under what you stated as well and you did not bring it up. Why?

niklpenny [ PM ] [ Ignore User ]
Re: Meeting Minutes 09-10-2013
September 17, 2013 01:56AM Admin

Actual Curse words, altered in some way that the filter doesnt' pick them up, in a public discussion board.

Southern Nationals Board of Directors
September 20, 2013 01:15PM
Not a happy camper... Looks like it may be a morning arrival. These are the times I'm envious of the rv'ers.
September 20, 2013 06:47PM
edited

Anonymous User
September 20, 2013 07:20PM
@#$%&.
September 20, 2013 09:45PM
Gary, good luck with your event tomorrow.

Hope everything goes well and that everybody in attendance has fun.
September 21, 2013 02:09AM
Dustin, me and you are cool, but what your doing.....as well as the stuff I do.. Pisses people off.. Gary is financialy stable enough he could support this entire event probably from his watch pocket....His watch is worth that much...... he don't do this what he does to make money. keep in mind its a sport to grow, and for YOUR own benefit to play good golf and play pro, and take his first place prizes... Gary has been doing this way before you've probably known about discgolf. Please.....let it rest. just don't go up there and play. If he pockets 50 bucks, that's 50 earned after the gas, phone calls, person to person meetings gathering sponsors.. WE AINT paying him to get out and get sponsors, he's doing this out of HIS POCKET.give Mr Gary some slack dude really. ... if you TD a premere touranament such as Wall doXey.. you take your Personal pay check and get out and find people that will help make sundays skins worth watching.. ... or pay it from your own pocket..... just saying dude... let it go.
September 21, 2013 07:32PM
So sorry I couldn't make it... felt icky and didn't want to push it during a two day event. It was such a beautiful day and it looks like more of the same tomorrow. Hope all went well and there was a good turnout.
September 22, 2013 08:15PM
dustin morris Wrote:
> If you have a well paying job, you should give
> back to the disc golf community. Not use the disc
> golf community as a bonus check. When I hosted my
> event, I think I made about -$200.

DOUCHE BAG.

BMB
September 23, 2013 06:16AM
^ pretty sure that's a forum violation as well
September 23, 2013 08:11AM
^^^ DOUBLE DOUCHE BAG
September 23, 2013 09:17AM
I guess I have upset ever master player in SN.
September 23, 2013 09:21AM
Winners?

Mississippi State Disc Golf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013