Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA

Posted by jacques 
Dex
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
May 28, 2013 11:18AM
It is offical

Team ''Brooks and U R Done'' are signed up

Sure a shooting,See y'all there

Dex
Tournament update brought to you by JuJu Bugs Restaurant in Sunset, LA

Locally owned and operated by Scott Comeaux, one of the TDs for YOUR 2013 SNDC, JuJu Bugs specializes in boiled seafood.

Of course Scott takes great pride in serving good food and using fresh ingredients. In fact most of the crawfish, shrimp & crabs that JuJu Bugs boils today was swimming in the water yesterday. It doesn't get much fresher than that boys and girls.

Swing on by Sunset when you come in town and pick up 5 pounds of crawfish or a dozen crabs from JuJu Bugs and enjoy fresh seafood boiled to perfection!

Update

Registration

19 out of a possible 108 teams are already registered with a handful of others waiting for one partner to send in their entry. I'm looking for registrations to pick up this week with the start of the new month and a new SN season!

Just to make sure everybody knows - when you sign up on DGU, you are registering AND paying for your team.

Put one player's complete name (first and last) where it says "First Name" and the other player's complete name (first and last) where it says "Last Name".

Keep in mind, you will be paying for the team's entry fee when you pay on the site and it will be up to you and your partner to settle up on splitting the cost.

Register online at Disc Golf United.

If online payments don't suit you or if partners are paying separately, mail your checks to

Jacques Giraud
119 Shadyside Ave
Lafayette, LA 70506

payable to "Acadiana Disc Golf Association" and be sure to include your player's pack choice and division.

Player's Packs

Speaking of player's packs, I want to remind everyone that your team has a choice of merchandise (stuff) OR a stay in the host hotel on Saturday night.

This is a TEAM choice, so the hotel room is for one night, double occupancy. I cannot split it so if one team member wants the hotel and the other wants the merchandise, it is up to your team to decide how to handle this.

Quantities of each are limited - 130 merchandise packs and 45 hotel rooms - and to my amazement, the merchandise is going faster than the hotel rooms.

The moral of the story - sign up sooner rather than later and get what you want!

Rewards Winners

Free entry to YOUR SNDC was won throughout this season by teams from most of the divisions being offered.

I still need to hear from

Clayton Nash & Daniel Philley - PRO OPEN
John Linton & Dickey Maxwell - GRANDMASTERS
Krystin Nowicki & Mitzi Stegall - PRO WOMEN
Angela Irby & Robin Horne - AM WOMEN

to find out if you are attending and redeeming your entry fees and if so, what your player's pack choices are. Anyone acquainted with these players, please help me contact them by a PM on this site or an email to acadianadiscgolfassociation@gmail.com
More excited about this tournament than any other I have played. Lafayette does it right. Going to try to get some practice on the new course tomorrow.
May need a partner, any ladies in Pro division looking for a partner? Only requirement is that we agree to have fun! Don't want to miss this one!
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
June 01, 2013 10:38AM
I hate to miss this one guys........but my partner cashed in Grand Masters. Good luck to everybody lucky enough to enjoy Lafayette's hospitality.
Jmart
@ DeeDee - check out this thread on the Women's Forum

@ Jeff - want me to ask around? Lafayette has a ton of Adv Masters players.
June 01, 2013 05:51PM
I'll pm you in a week or so......lemme see what's around here. Thanks Jacques

Jmart
anyone have john fowler number?
Nope, but i do know hes partnering up with logan weiss

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
Get those registrations in people! Teams are trickeling in!

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
Charlene and I are registered! As are Trinity and Jordan. Super excited for this event!!
They are made of cypress.....a true South Louisiana flare!

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Tournament update brought to you by Lafayette Granite

Locally owned and operated by James Troyanowski (legendary Lafayette disc golfer), Lafayette Granite proudly installs quality natural stone fixtures in residential homes and commercial buildings.

Give James a call (337) 501-0715 for your marble and granite needs and check them out on facebook!

Update

Registration

Registrations have been pouring in and we are up to 32 out of a possible 108 teams fully paid, registered and officially in the tournament and a few partially paid.

Had a bunch of Lafayette golfers pay their entry fees in person over the weekend which accounts for most of the activity, but we had several out-of-town teams sign up as well.

I am predicting that this event will fill. Get registered sooner rather than later and you won't get disappointed!

Hotel

I remain one of the last bastions of facebook-free America and consequently I sometimes get third hand information when things happen. Someone mentioned today about facebook chatter that someone experienced problems when they tried to book their stay at the hotel.

As I explained earlier in the thread, the hotel is incrementally adding to the room block for this tournament based on demand. It may happen that players will try to book their stay before the hotel staff has adjusted the number of discounted rooms available in their system.

If this happens, or if you have trouble booking your stay, Shawn Johnson told me to direct you to contact him at the hotel (337) 233-6815 and he will attempt to assist you.

Keep in mind that the hotel does not have limitless rooms available as they will of course continue to book rooms with other patrons for this weekend. In order to take advantage of the discounted rate and the convenience of staying right there at tournament central, I advise you to book your stay as soon as possible.

Player's Packs

Got a few more player's opt for the lodging Saturday night instead of merchandise - which I admit, I was glad to see. Six teams out of the thirty-two registered have chosen the hotel stay, which means 52 players have chosen the merchandise.

45 lodging packs and 130 merchandise packs are available, which means the merchandise is almost halfway gone.

In order to get what you want, I continue to urge players to not wait around to sign up for this tournament.

Go to Disc Golf United and join the party!
Ian
June 03, 2013 06:34PM
I dont have a partner....Just saying
John Bowden aka Johnny Boudin is looking in Advanced and James Troyanowski is looking in Open...Just saying
Tournament update brought to you by CompuWorks

Locally owned and operated by your fellow Disc Golfers, Tyson and Jason, CompuWorks is your one-stop shop for computer repair, networking, IT services, software & hardware.

Having problems with your PC? The finest computer service provider in the entire world, ladies and gentlemen, is located just down Hwy 90 in New Iberia.

Visit them online http://www.compuworksla.com/ or give them a call (337)364-1766!

Update

Courses

Heymann Park will be "tweaked" this Friday.

Hole 12's tee box will be moved over approximately 25 feet and the basket will be moved forward approximately 35 feet and tucked next to the large "double" oak tree.

Hole 13's box will be moved over approximately 15 feet and the basket will remain in place. This brings much more of the canopy of the two oaks into play on that hole and makes the wide open shot draw from left to right off the box.

Hole 14's basket will be relocated at the same distance, but placed atop the berm on the left side of the fairway. This brings the tree line along the park's fence into play and takes advantage of an otherwise unused feature. When the course was installed, we weren't sure if that dirt was going to stay or be used elsewhere. Word came down that it will remain into the foreseeable future and so it will become part of the course.

Hole 16's box is going to move approximately 10 feet forward and 20 feet to the right of its current position to resolve the issue of being a visual distraction to players teeing off on hole 11 and to get it away from the picnic table and the people who sometimes congregate there.

Everything else will stay the same for the SNDC so I would consider a practice round if you haven't played it before. OB and lost disc potential exists on many holes and it would help to know where it is. Permanent signs giving footages and showing the hole's layout are forthcoming and are planned to be installed before the SNDC in July.

Pa Davis concrete tees for the back nine and revamped signs throughout the park are in process. Flight Club is spearheading these efforts and I will give more information as things progress.

Acadiana Park will be in a never before seen championship layout. We had some VIPs from Jackson drive down to play some practice rounds and they got the grand tour along with a few local golfers.

Here is a map and an explanation for players familiar with the two existing courses...

Hole 1 - normally hole 1 on the Ace Run

Hole 2 - normally hole 10 on the Ace Run's fairway, played all the way to normally hole 11's basket - there is some clearing that will be done this weekend between the two baskets

Hole 3 - normally hole 12 on the Ace Run (aka the campground hole)

Hole 4 - normally hole 16 on the Ace Run (aka the bridge hole)

Hole 5 - normally hole 17 on the Ace Run (aka the fence hole)

Hole 6 - normally hole 18 on the Ace Run (aka the springy basket hole)

Hole 7 - normally hole 1 on the Duzee

Hole 8 - normally hole 2 on the Duzee

Hole 9 - normally hole 6 on the Duzee

Hole 10 - normally hole 8 on the Duzee

Hole 11 - normally hole 9 on the Duzee (aka the hill)

Hole 12 - normally hole 10 on the Duzee

Hole 13 - normally hole 11 on the Duzee

Hole 14 - normally hole 12 on the Duzee's pro fairway played all the way to normally hole 13's basket for the gold tee players and normally hole 13's pro fairway played to hole 13's basket for the orange tee players. Look at the map to clear up any confusion on this one.

Hole 15 - normally hole 14 on the Duzee

Hole 16 - normally hole 15 on the Duzee

Hole 17 - normally hole 16 on the Duzee

Hole 18 - normally hole 17 on the Duzee's tee box played all the way to normally hole 18 on the Duzee's basket.

Here is a link to the same map, but with the ability to zoom in to see details better - google drive document .jpg

Both orange and gold tees show up on this map. Orange are 100% concrete throughout and golds are 100% natural surface throughout. Several holes will be played off the concrete by all divisions and this is shown with an orange box with a gold rectangle inside of it on the map.

Pro Divisions with the exception of Pro Masters Women, Senior Grandmasters and possibly Pro Women (will seek consensus from the players in that divisions) AND Adavanced Men (not Advanced Masters or Advanced Women) will play the gold tees.

Everyone else will play the orange cement tees with the exception of Juniors and Am Women (not Advanced Women) who will have blue (shorter) tees on some of the holes at all three parks.

TEE SIGNS WILL BE CLEARLY MARKED THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT WITH WHICH DIVISION PLAYS WHICH TEE AT EACH HOLE.

We will have this set up and marked no sooner than one week before the tournament, however there is nothing preventing a practice round from being played right now.

In the case of holes that are being combined, "between" baskets will be pulled from the fairways. Other holes that are not part of the course will have bags covering their tee signs and baskets to prevent confusion.

Temporary signs to lead players to the next tee will be installed as necessary.

Acadiana remains a public park with tons of casual players and must remain in its "normal" state as long as possible to accommodate them.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the three courses being played.
The excitement keeps building.
Holy Cow!!!!!!...just...I mean....Like.....really.......WOW

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Dang that's going to be one nasty course. Hole 12 of duzee to 13 that's a mean hole. I like it though
On the side of the map where the distances are there are 2 #17's

Just got me and bear signed up for advanced. Can't wait!

Mississippi State Disc Golf
@ Ethan, thanks for pointing that out and thanks for registering.

Corrected map...

and the scalable version has been corrected as well.

Mini Update

35 paid registered with a few others partially paid (one partner pending) meaning we are over 1/3 full with only a few weeks left to register.

REMEMBER ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES AT THE END OF THIS MONTH (JUNE) AND THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTLEY NO WALK UP REGISTRATION ON THE 6th.

Let's get 'em signed up boys & girls - quit dilly-dallying.

NOTeam & Mobile, where y'at?
can not wait for this tournament. beautiful courses.

Praise God!
Robert Pittman
June 06, 2013 11:24AM
Okay, so the old super-sized fonts are locked. I know that now.

There will be no walk-up registration at tournament time.

I don't think you can say that enough. I really hope someone doesn't make that mistake. Maybe reminder flyers for people who don't frequent the site. My printer's busted, though.

What tees are the advanced masters playing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2013 11:36AM by blueboy.
@ Robert - enjoyed meeting you and look forward to seeing y'all again in July.

@ Chris - ADV MASTERS is playing the short tees, shown in orange on that map. Flyers going up in town this weekend but I need to make sure locals know that registration is limited to those who have SN points for 2012/13 season.

As Chris said, please help spread the word to players who you know plan to attend the SNDC but don't visit this website about pre-registering and pre-paying.
June 06, 2013 01:30PM
I've been making that a priority.

I was going to remodel old #1 Duzee Gold because the mystery chain saw guy ruined it years ago anyway, but then I re-discovered what a minefield of human poo and baby diapers it is. I'll let you know if I can overcome that. Maybe opening up those woods will discourage the soccer players from doing it in the future. Not cool, vatos.
Ian
June 06, 2013 03:26PM
What are the requirements for eligibility? Can I play Intermediate?
June 06, 2013 04:24PM
Ian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What are the requirements for eligibility? Can I
> play Intermediate?

Advanced or higher is what You are eligible to play Ian.
Ian
June 06, 2013 04:31PM
That didnt answer my question BUB

What are the requirements?
June 06, 2013 05:15PM
Ian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That didnt answer my question BUB
>
>
> What are the requirements?

Eligibility to play in the SNDC - have at least 2 SN points from the 2012-2013 season.

Eligibility to move down the Int. Ams? You would have needed to play 4 consecutive singles events without receiving a finishing award before the end of the season.
Tournament update brought to you by Mike Kernan

Bluff Magee sent us over a shirt sponsorship and he said Mike told him to do it, or maybe it was the other way around, I don't remember. LOL!

What I do remember is how grateful I was to receive it. Muchas gracias senor Kernan.

Update

Registration

36 teams are officially 100% paid & registered. This means we are 1/3 full and there are a few teams half-paid and several local teams that I know will be paying this weekend so I think we will be close to 45% full by the beginning of next week.

Of course you know that online registration is open on DGU.

Click here to register and see who is already signed up to play in this tournament.

Registration by mail is also available.

Send your check to

Jacques Giraud
119 Shadyside Ave
Lafayette, LA 70506

made payable to "Acadiana Disc Golf Association" along with all your team's information.

Trophies/Awards

SNDC guidelines call for first, second & third place in all divisions to receive finishing awards - that's 72 total awards in twelve different divisions.

Rather than the tournament going broke buying trophies or me going nuts trying to make 72 of them, we borrowed an idea that went over well at Keith's tournament in January...

Bag tag trophies in gold, silver and bronze colors for first, second and third place in all divisions.

Almost everyone has bag tags so it seems like a nice thing to add to a player's collection and gives them a convenient excuse to do a little bragging every so often.

Hope y'all like them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013