Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA

Posted by jacques 
this is gonna be awesome!!!!
Informal survey for the Grandmasters and Pro Women playing in this tournament - Long tees or short tees at Acadiana?
DEADLINE TO REGISTER HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MIDNIGHT ON JULY 3RD - THAT GIVES YOU UNTIL WEDNESDAY TO FIND A PARTNER AND SIGN UP FOR THIS TOURNAMENT

As a courtesy to those still scrambling to find a partner and a few out-of-town players who don't frequent this website who called asking about the tournament this weekend, registration will remain open until midnight on Wednesday.

Merchandise packs really are sold out, so every TEAM that registers from this point forward will receive the lodging for their players packs.
Jacques,
If the forecast for rain remains above 50% for Saturday, My vote would be for the Grandmaster division play the short tees off of the concrete at Acadiana.
I can't vouch for others in this division, but no use slopping around more than necessary.
David Robichaux

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2013 05:41PM by ArcHyzer.
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
June 30, 2013 06:43PM
The gold tees are certainly going to be challenging. Ian carried me around the short tees this morning and that was no picnic. We pulled some pars out of our asses. #2 can be a 2 or a 4 for teams of all skill levels. That last 80 feet is pretty hairy. Get a 3 and you've made a move on somebody, probably a few somebodies.

The soccer situation is going to be an issue for hole 18. I personally almost took someone's head off today with my upshot. David's roller flirted with disaster and I heard someone else actually did hit somebody. And that was just Sunday doubles. The vatos have been pretty cool about it so far, but there are going to be a lot of screaming, errant second shots on that hole and bad situations will occur.

And it's still hot. I checked.
ADDED BONUS!!!!

I am going to cook 2 pork shoulders Friday night at the Holiday Inn. Depending on when you check in you might, just might, get to be one of the luck 1st, 50 players that check inn to get a pork shoulder hoagie.....I can only cook 2 and that will feed around 50 people.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Last call for any Advanced Grand Masters!!
Yea I agree, with that many players, the soccer match is gonna. A huge downfall

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Went over and spoke to the two guys that run the soccer league after doubles this morning and explained that we are going to have a big tournament going on next Sunday and their spectators & players should stay away from the fairway and the basket.

They very politely agreed to help keep their people off the course as much as possible. It remains to be seen if they follow up on it. I will reinforce our concerns with Mr. Greg on Monday.

As has always been the case, this situation will be as problematic as we choose to make it.

Please stop with the hyperbole. Exercise the same patience and caution as we always do and it will be OK.
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
July 01, 2013 01:10AM

Yea I agree, with that many players, the soccer match is gonna. A huge downfall

I have no idea what that means, but it's not a cordiality issue. It's a proximity issue. Even if all of the soccer spectators stuck to the actual field of play itself, there would still be problems, especially seeing as how the AM pool is playing Acadiana on Sunday, which is soccer day.
Once again, I have every confidence Jacques will deal with this bump in a reasoned, common sensical manner. That's why many of us don't miss Lafayette tournaments. I believe for Louisiana States in Sept 2011 the Ams and old fahts played Duzee on Sunday morning and had no problems. I guess 18 may be a little longer for this, but it will work out.
Jacques, I vote for regular tees, not the long tees! :)
July 01, 2013 09:55AM
I don't think it needs to be changed. Maybe just make that part of the field OB.

I won't be playing there on Sunday, so it really should be up to pool C.
I did see one of the soccer spectators get hit, this past sunday, but if they got the right to be there as well, so when it's my cards turn to play that hole, if they are in the flight path, I will kindly run up there and let them know before we throw.

July 01, 2013 04:45PM
Looks like I need a partner, I can play Adv or Pro. I have already paid for the entry, but partner had to back out.
July 01, 2013 04:59PM
Not hyperbole. Just concern and remembering my bad second shot that hit the upright on the soccer net.
I thought you had scored a goal
July 01, 2013 08:14PM
Nope. Hit the upright. No goal.
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ADDED BONUS!!!!
>
> I am going to cook 2 pork shoulders Friday night
> at the Holiday Inn. Depending on when you check
> in you might, just might, get to be one of the
> luck 1st, 50 players that check inn to get a pork
> shoulder hoagie.....I can only cook 2 and that
> will feed around 50 people.

Leaving Tupelo at 5:00 am save me a hoagie......LOL
Tournament update brought to you by Louisiana Valve Source

LVS, locally owned and operated, is the industry leader in ANSI and API valve reconditioning and repair for the industrial and oilfield markets. With over 200 employees and multiple shops throughout Louisiana and East Texas, LVS services accounts all over the world.

Give them a call at (337) 856-9100 or check them out online http://www.lavalve.com/index.php.

UPDATE

Registration

REGISTRATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO WEDNESDAY JULY 3rd AT MIDNIGHT

84 TEAMS REGISTERED WITH ROOM FOR 24 MORE

Go to Disc Golf United and get your team signed up to play, you've got two days left!

Tee Assignments

Acadiana Park is the only course with LONG and SHORT tees. Not every hole will have long tees for this tournament, but most will.

Pool A - Pro Open & Pro Masters Men will play the LONG tees. All other pool A players (Pro Women, Pro Masters Women, Grandmasters & Senior Grandmasters) will play the SHORT tees.

Pool B - Advanced Men will play the LONG tees. All other pool B players (Advanced Masters & Advanced Women) will play the SHORT tees.

Pool C - All pool C players (Am Men, Am Women & Juniors) will play the SHORT tees. Some holes will have even shorter BLUE tees for the Junior players. These will have the usual blue sign on the tee box alerting you to the presence of blue tees.

Make sure you practice the correct tees for your division or at least preview the course before the tournament. As a player, I would not want my first round at Acadiana to be one that counts in the layout it is currently in.

There has been discussion lately in this thread about a soccer league that plays on fields adjacent to hole 18's fairway at Acadiana Park on Sunday morning. Left unchecked, there exists a potential for infringement by the players and spectators onto the edge of hole 18.

Two volunteers will be spotting at Acadiana on Saturday on hole 14 & 15, both of which have very high lost disc potential from the LONG tees. Pool C will be at Acadiana on Sunday morning and since they are not playing any LONG tees, there is little need for spotters on these holes so our two volunteers will serve as hole marshals on 18 to assist players in avoiding contact with bystanders and to warn bystanders of approaching disc golfers.

Hopefully this addresses many of the concerns expressed in this thread and elsewhere.

Weather

Rain is definitely in the forecast for this weekend.

On one hand, overcast skies will help keep things a little cooler.

On the other hand, extremely wet conditions will make things sloppy, especially on certain holes at Heymann Park. Keep this in mind and pack shoes with an aggressive grip on the soles.
Paired up with a young flatbelly, so I have to play in Advanced. Would have loved to play with the sages.

July 02, 2013 09:13AM
We will be taking regisration for the SNAC this weekend at the SNDC.

Please see Zack Hudson or Ronnie McCoy and we will fix you up.
TODAY - JULY 2nd - IS THE LAST DAY TO BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOM AT THE HOLIDAY INN FOR THE DISCOUNTED RATE OF ONLY $65 PER NIGHT. DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS GREAT DEAL!

Follow this link to book your stay online or call in your reservation (337) 233-6815.
My lovely wife and I played the Acadiana set-up this am, and were ticked to see all the SNDC hole # signs torn off the poles and clips. May go out with an M-14 and pick off a few culprits the next few evenings. Course looks great. Lots of hard work very evident.
Jazzcaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Weather Forecast

If you are staying at the Host hotel then you will get to eat dry, change clothes, and get you tee assignments. Remember it is S. Louisiana IN THE SUMMER.......IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WEATHER, WAIT 5 MINUTES IT WILL CHANGE......

THANKS FOR THE REPORT Jazz.......

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 07:39PM by Keith Bodin.
July 02, 2013 07:33PM
Looks good to Me, they never get the weather right this far out.
Bring mini baskets. We can have some fun at the hotel!!!
There is mini comps with mini baskets

TODAY IS THE DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR YOUR 2013 DOUBLES CHAMPIONSHIP. YOU HAVE UNTIL MIDNIGHT!

The forecast on KATC is back down to a 50% chance of rain for the weekend. That's better odds than Vegas gives you and folks are still gambling so don't let the forecast scare you. Go to Disc Golf United and join the other 168 golfers who don't mind taking a chance of getting wet.

Speaking of KATC, your 2013 SNDC will be on TV here in Lafayette. They were out at Heymann Park yesterday shooting video which will air during their 6 & 10 o'clock sports broadcasts this Friday so check us out on channel 3 in your hotel room if you come to town early. They will also be out at the park on Saturday doing some filming that will be featured during one of their weekend broadcasts! Pretty cool.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013