Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA

Posted by jacques 
School me on the rain. I'm expecting it, not because I want it to rain, but just as a planning issue being a new player. So if we have a downpour all day Saturday and Sunday, I assume we just play through it. Is that the case? Is there any chance that the tournament is suspended, called off or otherwise changed/canceled as a result of rain or lightning?

FWIW, I vote we just play through until the water gets too deep to allow discs to be found.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2013 08:53AM by Jazzcaster.
I suggest you bring cleats, especially for heymann park, which is earthen tee pads(no concrete).

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Play halts for lightning, or if it starts to flood bad enough for it to be a safety issue.

Terry Zeringue
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
July 03, 2013 11:40AM
Lightning Shmightening Bring It!!!
A little slippage will just ease the wear on the knees.
cleats seem dangerous to me because the pivot on your foot could catch and tear your knee or ankle all up. Not saying it would...but just seems like it would. I have seen people play with cleats and they didn't have a problem.

niklpenny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I suggest you bring cleats, especially for heymann
> park, which is earthen tee pads(no concrete).
Jacques, you're doing an outstanding job organizing and keeping everyone up to date, thank you so much! I'm really excited and looking forward to this weekend! :)

Could you please post directions on how to get to the Hotel from the Interstate?

Thanks,
Robin
Take exit 103A to merge onto US-167 S/NW Evangeline Throughway toward US-90/Morgan City
Turn left onto W Willow St
Take the 1st left onto NE Evangeline Throughway(frontage road)
Destination will be on the right

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2013 02:13PM by niklpenny.
Thank you Ryan!
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
July 03, 2013 02:34PM
BTW We will be heading over Friday morning. So if anyone would like me to bring them any type of hard to find or collectable discs let me know.
July 03, 2013 03:07PM
Detroit Wrote:
> Bring mini baskets. We can have some fun at the
> hotel!!!

Will do Detroit, It would be fun to have at least a 9 hole course set up.
Southside is bringing a mini basket . I second what Robin said . Good job of organizing and keeping us updated on everything . See everyone Friday evening .

Phillip / Southside
I can bring a mini basket too. I remember a mini course layout at the SNPC hotel in BR back in 2003. That was awesome!

Who else can bring one???
Will bring a mini basket as well.....If anyone has some little flyer minis....I'm looking.
Ladies and Gentlemen, registration is closed.

168 players is the final number, which will be another record breaking tournament for Lafayette.

With registration closed, I will post first round pairings and payout later this evening once I finish running errands - A LOT of errands.

Shawn has also told me that the hotel is going to honor the $65 rate all the way to the weekend, meaning if you haven't made reservations or if you decide to come down Friday night or stay Sunday and don't have a room booked, they will give you the discount.

Mini golf sounds like a lot of fun. We've got two mini baskets that are going to be given away at the tournament. I know Brady has one and I think Brent does too so it sounds like we'll have enough for a nine hole course.

Post here if you have any last minute questions or concerns. You may not got an immediate response, but I will reply as soon as I can.

Also, no cancellation & no rain out. Of course we will consider delays for severe weather and lightning.
Need Vibrams.
rain chances down to 30% for Saturday.....Just a normal summer day in South Louisiana.....

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
July 04, 2013 12:01PM
Football cleats in grass and mud are the best bet. They're shorter, designed for pivoting and changing direction while getting traction. Not much use on wet concrete, though.
I can also bring a mini basket if it helps
Rounds

Three pools on three courses - two rounds Saturday and one round Sunday - no finals, just three rounds of Disc Golf.

Pools

Pool A - ALL PRO PLAYERS

Pool B - ALL ADVANCED PLAYERS

Pool C - ALL AM PLAYERS & JUNIORS

Courses

Acadiana, Pa Davis & Heymann. Acadiana will be set in a championship layout, Pa Davis & Heymann will be set up normally.

Assignments

Pool A - 1st round at Acadiana, 2nd round at Pa Davis, 3rd round at Heymann

Pool B - 1st round at Heymann, 2nd round at Acadiana, 3rd round at Pa Davis

Pool C - 1st round at Pa Davis, 2nd round at Heymann, 3rd round at Acadiana

Format

Heymann Park - Best Shot, all divisions, all rounds.

Acadiana Park - Best Shot, all divisions, all rounds.

Pa Davis - SOMETHING NEW - Best Score played from your partner's lie.

We decided to call it Best Scorelternate since it COMBINES Best Score and Alternate Shot.

"Say what?".

It is simple and best explained with an example using a three shot sequence.

You and your partner both drive.
You throw your upshot from his drive's lie and he throws from yours.
You then putt from his upshot's lie and he putts from yours.
He misses the putt and you make it.
Your team cards a 3 for the shot sequence of your drive - his upshot - your putt.

In this example, both partners do not have to hole out once it becomes impossible for a better score to be carded.

Also, if you park it under the basket and your partner hits a tree 20 ft off the tee and goes OB, you may abandon the shot sequence starting with his drive and play the hole out as a "normal" alternate shot starting with your drive - basically your drive and his tap in putt for a score of 2.

Schedule

Friday, July 5th

Early bird check-in at Holiday Inn starting at noon. Check in, collect your player's pack and play a practice round or two if you wish.

Saturday, July 6th

Late bird check-in starting at 8:00 AM at the picnic area at the Holiday Inn Holidome prior to the player's meeting.

Player's meeting at the hotel's picnic area starting at 9:00 AM. MANDATORY for all players.

First round begins approximately 30 minutes after the player's meeting concludes, but no earlier than 10:00 AM. The hotel is less than 10 minutes from all three parks.

Lunch will be served at the picnic area between rounds, FREE OF CHARGE to all players.

Second rounds begins approximately one hour after the last card from your pool is turned in. All three pools may have different start times depending on how fast they play the first round. This will be announced and posted at lunch.

Player's party and skills competitions at the picnic area following the conclusion of the second round of play, lasting until 10:00 PM.

Sunday, July 7th

Third round begins at 10:00 AM. Players report directly to their respective parks - no Sunday morning player's meeting.

An awards ceremony will follow the conclusion of the third round of play. Ace pot throw offs (if necessary) and rings-of-fire will be held while final scores are being tallied.

Alxtgr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2013 12:20PM by Keith Bodin.
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> rain chances down to 30% for Saturday.....Just a
> normal summer day in South Louisiana.....

NWS Current Weather Forecast

60% both days according to NWS as of this post, but subject to change of course.

Still just a normal summer day. At least this will probably keep it much cooler.
When I posted that it said 30% on the weather.com....now it changed....o well.............

Alxtgr
July 04, 2013 04:00PM
discgolfingguy Wrote:
> I can also bring a mini basket if it helps

Bring it, the more the better.
Heading down early tomorrow! Anybody looking to pre register for the SNPC, just find me at some point over the weekend!
July 04, 2013 05:36PM
well, it's 50% now, debbie @#$%& downer.
blueboy Wrote:
> well, it's 50% now, debbie @#$%& downer.

Does this make you happier?

NEW AND IMPROVED! NWS Weather Forecast

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2013 07:29PM by Jazzcaster.
July 04, 2013 07:31PM
Thanks, Jesus. I knew you could hook me up.
Can you please fix the temperature to be a high of mid 70's both days? Thanks ;-)

Terry Zeringue
TheZinger Wrote:
> Can you please fix the temperature to be a high of
> mid 70's both days? Thanks ;-)

DONE:

NEW AND IMPROVED! NWS Weather Forecast
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013