Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA

Posted by jacques 
FINAL TOURNAMENT UPDATE

Everything Keith posted above is correct so I'm not going to re-post it. Scroll up and check the schedule.

Every TEAM will receive a booklet with all the necessary information such as the schedule for the weekend, pool assignments, course assignments, course maps and a map of the area of Lafayette where everything is being held.

IT WILL BE THE PLAYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE, WHEN THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE.

Of course, I will go over most of what is contained in the booklet at the player's meeting too, so you've been told on this forum, you'll hear it again at the player's meeting and you'll have it in writing. Pay attention to at least one of these and you can't go wrong.

Pro Divisions Payout (CASH)

Pro Open

1st - $500/ea = $1,000/team
2nd - $350/ea = $700/team
3rd - $240/ea = $480/team
4th - $175/ea = $350/team
5th - $140/ea = $280/team

Pro Women

1st - $200/ea = $400/team
2nd - $125/ea = $250/team

Pro Masters Men

1st - $380/ea = $760/team
2nd - $240/ea = $480/team
3rd - $180/ea = $360/team

Pro Masters Women

1st - $165/ea = $330/team

Pro Grandmasters

1st - $200/ea = $400/team
2nd - $125/ea = $250/team

Amateur Divisions Payout (MERCHANDISE)

Advanced Men

1st - $250/ea - $500/team
2nd - $200/ea - $400/team
3rd - $160/ea - $320/team
4th - $135/ea - $270/team
5th - $110/ea - $220/team
6th - $90/ea - $180/team
7th - $75/ea - $150/team
8th - $60/ea - $120/team
9th - $50/ea - $100/team

Advanced Masters

1st - $220/ea - $440/team
2nd - $160/ea - $320/team
3rd - $120/ea - $240/team
4th - $95/ea - $190/team
5th - $70/ea - $140/team
6th - $55/ea - $110/team

Am Men

1st - $190/ea - $380/team
2nd - $145/ea - $290/team
3rd - $120/ea - $240/team
4th - $100/ea - $200/team
5th - $85/ea - $170/team
6th - $70/ea - $140/team
7th - $60/ea - $120/team
8th - $50/ea - $100/team
9th - $40/ea - $80/team
10th - $35/ea - $70/team

Juniors

1st - $60/ea - $120/team
2nd - $35/ea - $70/team

Payout for Pro Divisions is CASH in hand, Amateur Divisions is MERCHANDISE in hand - players packs, trophies, etc. ARE NOT counted in these figures

KA-MF'N-BOOM

First Round Pairings by Card

Pro Open

McKay/Akers
Williams/Farnham
Nash/Philley

Sawyer/Daugherty
Brattin/Legrand

Troyanowski/Bowden
Norris/Sellers

Robichaux/Foreman
Fowler/Weiss

Seal/Sham
Orum/Sherrod

Bullock/Garner
Patin/Bass

Pro Women

Fussner/Kennedy
Cline/Swain

Brouillette/Day
Nowicki/Stegall

Pro Masters Men

Harrison/Rousse
VanDuzee/Hicks

Andrews/Downey
Kernan/Moak

Williams/Hague
Neumann/Pelton

Adams/Weiss
Fox/Timmons

Pro Masters Women

Adams/Robichaux
Palmer/McCoy

Pro Grandmasters

Braud/Newell
Guidry/Hawk

Robichaux/Latiolais
Guidry/Nolan

Advanced Men

Huber/Johnson
Warren/Faulkner
Roger/Reaux

Davis/Juergens
Kirkley/Kirkley

Day/Johnson
Schultz/Fifita

Reynolds/Drew
Butler/Keith

Grillot/Finch
Zeringue/Aymami

Wilkins/Wood
Downey/Downey

Martin/Greene
Volo/Osborne

Bedford/Carr
Brigan/Coxwell

Sherbert/Maddox
Nyce/Hardenberg

Advanced Masters

Davison/Weaver
Workman/Heathco

McCoy/Leach
Bodin/Burback

Ingle/Kent
Leggett/Uelmen

Hall/Martin
Daniels/Quebodeaux

McKay/Elledge
Hayes/Johnson

Miller/Miller
Hudson/Palmer

Am Men

Neck/Broussard
Vann/Ezell

Bouchard/Alderman
Thompson/Carlos

Kirkley/Campisey
Page/Morvant

Clayton/Page
Shannon/Tomaszewski

Hunn/Wright
Pittman/Hammock

Hoven/Bennett
Schultz/Grandeury

Girard/Warren
Cline/Sellers

Swain/Schumaker
Richard/Kilchrist

Morrow/Murray
Niccolini/Nieman

Guidry/Gott
George/Glover

Juniors

Schultz/Schultz
Osborne/Grillot

Q: How did I come up with the pairings?
A: I went down the list on DGU in the order they are listed on their website.

Q: How does the DGU website decide how to list players?
A: I have no idea, not my department.

Q: I don't like the guys on my card, can I change?
A: No. Either beat them or lose to them by enough strokes and you won't have to see them next round.

In all likelihood, this will be the last time I check this website for a while. If you need to reach me, send an email to acadianadiscgolfassociation [at] gmail.com - it goes to my phone and I will reply as soon as I can.
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
July 05, 2013 12:02PM
Can't have a podium without 3rd place, so ill donate $100 for third in Open Women. Also, I have some "classic plastic" to add to the ctp on Acadiana #15, the telephone pole hole. You'll have to win it to see what it is.
Ian
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
July 05, 2013 04:27PM
blueboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Can't have a podium without 3rd place, so ill
> donate $100 for third in Open Women.

Wow thats pretty sweet

Pro Women

Fussner/Kennedy
Cline/Swain

Brouillette/Day
Nowicki/Stegall

Jacque - heck of a job as always. You are a model TD.

Good luck to all the players this weekend and extra luck to my NoTeam bros. Wish I could have made it down.

Someone please shoot some video!
July 05, 2013 10:39PM
Yeah. Three places, at least, in all pro divisions. We can discuss it on site if you like.

My ctp was encouraged to be a ring of fire instead. No thanks. That hole is iconic. Get close and see what you get. I'll see that the recipient gets his/her prize.
True to their word, KATC had us on TV on the 10:00 news' sports segment. Hopefully a few folks got to see it. I though they did a decent job with it.

My wife recorded it and I will try to figure out how to get it off the DVR and on to the computer once this tournament is over.

See everyone in the morning. Expect it to rain and you won't risk being disappointed.
No rain first round , woo hoo. Looks like its about to show up soon . A fue -9 's in advanced at heyman. Heading to the BEAST for second round .

Hey Keith , Did you find my disc ?
July 06, 2013 07:23PM
First day winners???

BMB
MattO and Rivers tied for 1st with ShaneS and Sham, Tony Bass and Josh one stroke back with Darryll and Bernie in fourth......
July 06, 2013 10:24PM
BRIAN B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First day winners???

Why yes. The pool B CTP on Acadiana 15 "classic plastic" winner is Dan Workman. Good shooting, Dan.
Any updates on any other divisions????

RTR
Anything???????
Thanks for the open update bud....but there's eight or nine more divisions... some of us would like to know their scores as well.

RTR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2013 11:42AM by jmart.
Well... sorry, just posted what I knew. Won't do it again!!!!!
Tony and Josh win over Matt and Rivers in a play-off......
Josh and Tony took 1st in open
Fox and WillyBT took pro master

That's all I know

On another note, somebody took a disc golfer's Grip bag full of discs and his Iphone 5, this was taken Saturday evening while player was doing his skills competition. . No mention of this was said at awards, something should have been said. PLEASE, if you know anything about it, please private message me or said person.

Terry Zeringue
No results tonight, I am far too exhausted. Expect them tomorrow along with a wrap up.
HELLOFA JOB MY FRIEND!!!!!!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Yes it was a VERY good job. GREAT courses, great food, great tournament central, great volunteers, great td. I know I'm missing a few things, but overall this tournament was ram very smooth and was an overall success. Thanks Jacques and all of lafeyette and whomever else helped!!!!

Terry Zeringue
July 07, 2013 06:52PM
I tip my hat to Jacques and everyone involved in running this event. Just about everything that they had control over was the best I have seen. A great collection of courses, great food, centralized entertainment, great people, the list goes on. Thanks again to everyone involved.

Congratulations to Tony and Josh. Great shooting.

I really hope that Logan's bag shows up. I still hold out hope that it was a mistake and he will get it returned.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
While we anxiously await the results and Jacques gets a well-deserved rest, you can view some photos from todays action here: [www.fotojoeusa.com]
Unbelievable job by Jacques and all the Lafayette crew for putting on a tremendous event. The personal sacrifice by all those involved was much appreciated by all the players I spoke with. Accommodations were outstanding combined with 3 great courses and 170 or so players making this years SNDC one of the most enjoyable I can remember. Congrats to all the winners. Those I remember were:

Open: 1st place Tony Bass and Josh Patin, 2nd. Matty O and Rivers S, 3rd Shane Seal and Mike Sham
Masters: Will Timmons and Jon Fox, 2nd Mikey Kernan and Jimmy Moak, 3rd Doug Williams and Joe Hague
Open women: Dee Dee Fussner and Betty Kennedy,
Adv Masters: Lee Davidson and Bayne Weaver
Advanced: Miss St(sorry dont know their names) , 2nd Travis Reynolds and Detroit, 3rd Chris and Joey Downey
am;?grandmaster:?, am women? junior,?,

sorry thats all I got
Jacques for TD OF THE YEAR. Top notch as always, this tournament felt like a championship. Players packs (hotel stay), Food, Payout, Course flow, Challenging Courses, Venue for Tourny Central, Payout and Tee Assignments posted over 24 hours before Tee-off, Constant updates. I know I've forgotten something, but the point is best tourney Ive played in a while possibly ever.

Thanks to all that helped get the courses ready, and keep us all organized. Thanks to Robbie Roger for housing us Judges.

Had a blast cant wait till the next one.
July 08, 2013 01:34AM
Some of us less anxiously than others.

Im just glad i didn't slip and break my other arm. Congratulations to Tony and Josh for beating the Dream Team, and congratulations to the Willie and Fox Show for the win in Masters. I would love to bottle whatever Will uses to remain perpetually 32 years old, no older, no younger. Only crustier.

But my warmest congratulations go out to David and Pat for their huge win in Grand Masters by, um, more than one stroke. David's game has become incredible in the last ten years, and "Little Pat" has quietly been one of the greatest players in our city's history for a long long time. It's a secret though, apparently, so don't mention it to him.

It was a bit overwhelming to see so many people this weekend, but I enjoyed it, almost as much as I enjoyed watching the Lafayette crew effortlessly take a championship event and own it as if it was Sunday doubles. I didn't hear a single complaint, and even in the pouring rain, every activity went smoothly and on schedule. What a great event and what a great host city. For your consideration.
umm snac? 2014?
I vote snpc

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
July 08, 2013 09:35AM
Congrats Josh and Tony!!! And Will and Jon!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
Great tournament Lafayette! And it didn't even rain on my pool. Nice and cool and cloudy. What a weekend.
I nominate Jaques for president of the world. He knows how to run things and get it done. Thanks to all those who made this event one to remember.
Absolutely fantastic job by my friends in Lafayette!! I had a blast at the tournament, as I always do when I come play the courses there. :)
July 08, 2013 03:07PM
Does anyone ever go in for discs at hole 4 at Heymann? In lost an orange Crush on that hole and would love to get it back. It went in just to the left of the basket.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013