Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA

Posted by jacques 
Shane, theres a couple of guys i know that goes in and recovers disc. I will let them know about it so it can be returned

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
What a weekend. Amazing job by Jacque, without a doubt the hardest working and best TD in the sn. I'm not sure what we would do without you. The food was great, thanks for cooking Dave. I got to hang out all weekend with my fellow disc golfers from Jackson in which we had a blast. I had a great time at this event and I hope everyone did too. I played terrible golf all weekend and lost a pretty Penny to a few people on side bets but you win some and you lose some.
Congrats to Tony and Josh on winning Open. Now I'm gonna have to listen to josh for atleast a month talk about it.
Also congrats to Ethan and Bear coming back from the 4th card to win advanced with a 9 down at Davis. Great shooting guys.
I sure hope Logan's bag turns up that's a shame something like that happened.
Ladies and gentlemen, my apologies for not getting the results up yet.

As you all know, the DGU website was used to collect registrations. You may not know that is can also be used for scoring and if you keep the results on their site, it works and looks fine.

The problem is that when you export the information into excel, it lists the player's first and last name together because that is how we entered them since this was a doubles tournament.

I am having to go through name by name and make two names out of one by copying and pasting and it is taking a while. We also spent most of this evening unloading the trailer & cleaning everything so I got started later than I wanted to.

Nevertheless, if you just want to see how everyone finished you can go to the Disc Golf United site and it is listed there - the 2013 SNDC on Disc Golf United.

This information will be on this site tomorrow - I promise - along with all the payout and event value information. I appreciate everyone's continued patience.
Dex
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
July 09, 2013 08:29AM
What a job Jacques, Flight club, Keith, Dave, and all that were involved

Great weather, sorry I could not hang around after the rounds, but I know y'all understand.

Way to go Dave and Pat, played great all weekend, it was a blast to throw with you guys and everyone else that Brooks and I shot with

Thanks Acadiana

Dex
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
July 09, 2013 08:40AM
Great event this weekend.... Food was amazing.. Golf was amazing... Played with 2 good friends the entire weekend. We will build from this golf experience in Tupelo and only attempt to do what Jacque and Crew did this past weekend. Great Job Flight Club and everyone else that was involved.
Great job to all of Lafayette . I had a blast even though I had to walk around with David and Pats foot stuck up my hind end all weekend. Great shooting you two. What fun this past weekend was , great peeps, great tourney and off the chain food . What more could I want, except a win? As always , it's great times in Lafayette. Jacque , David and all the rest of Krewe . Thanks , y'all did great. Brooks
Ian
July 09, 2013 09:09PM
What scores ended up winning the Skills Competitions?
The highest scores won the skills.
Ian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What scores ended up winning the Skills
> Competitions?

I can't remember them all, but I do still have the cards. Do you want me to post just your division or all divisions? If you want all divisions I will have to go back through the cards....Maybe by Friday. Your division was 28 I think....Pro was 34... Advance masters was 28. That is all I remember now.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
What a douche!!!

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2013 10:25PM by Keith Bodin.
Ian
July 09, 2013 10:21PM
Thats just Mikey being Mikey.

On a less douchey note....I want to take a moment to thank Adele and her husband for spotting at Acadiana and helping with crowd control on Sunday.

Adele is really taking to DG and will be beating locals on the reg soon. Her husband can be seen playing often too
I don't even know where to begin thanking people. Literally everyone in Lafayette helped in one way or another with this event and many people not from Lafayette came through in a big way also.

I will resist the temptation to thank individuals by name for fear of leaving someone out. You all know that there was no way this could have been done without you and I can only hope my sincerest gratitude is thanks enough, that and the satisfaction of knowing that you helped plan and execute the finest tournament in the history of Disc Golf in Lafayette.

This experience was an exercise in patience, endurance and humility all at the same time and I must confess that despite feeling relieved it is behind me, I really did enjoy it.

Besides the volunteers, an event of this magnitude would have been impossible without all of our sponsors and there were A LOT of them. I hope we represented and promoted our sponsors in a way that satisfied them and in a way that made them proud to be a part of this event. Every one of them that I spoke to sounded pleased.

I will let the numbers speak for themselves. Our final attendance was 164 players. If you played in this tournament, please review this and check for errors. I will wait to submit the excel file for posting until players have a chance to confirm their information.

The "Payout" column is exactly that, payout - cash in hand to pro players - merchandise in hand to am players.

First place in Advanced and Am Men won baskets and first place in Advanced Masters won carts. Other top four finishers won bags.

Other than these "guaranteed" prizes, am players were allowed to pick their own plastic which was a bit chaotic but fun to watch in a weird sort of way. I had everyone check out with me once they selected their discs, not so I could audit their winnings but so I could ask them the question "Are you satisfied with what you've got" and everybody answered yes so hopefully nobody feels short changed.

The trophies were valued at cost as prescribed by SN Championship guidelines.

The skills contest winnings included cash in hand won plus $5 for hand made cypress mini trophies.

Two mini baskets were won in a mini basket throw off and a mini ring of fire.

Normally I write down who wins the rings of fire but it was raining when we did it so there was $500 worth of goodies (at least) won by many different players that is not accounted for anywhere but the bottom line.

The players pack values were assigned by adding up the cost of the hotel rooms, the retail value of the merchandise and the cost of the food & beverages and dividing this total by the number of players in attendance. This worked out to $60.42 per player, which I rounded down to an even $60. Keep in mind, your player's packs were 100% sponsored.

One final thanks to the players who behaved themselves well this weekend and were a pleasure to have as our guests. The host hotel expressed their satisfaction with how well the weekend went and they have invited us back for another championship event- YIKES!
Ian
July 09, 2013 10:28PM
Keith...I am pretty certain Tony B wasnt calling you a douche.

He was calling Mikey K a douche.

Chill man.....CHEEEEELLLL
I realized that after I reread it....

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2013 10:31PM by Keith Bodin.
Ian Wrote:
> Thats just Mikey being Mikey.
>
> On a less douchey note....I want to take a moment
> to thank Adele and her husband for spotting at
> Acadiana and helping with crowd control on
> Sunday.
>
>
>
> Adele is really taking to DG and will be beating
> locals on the reg soon. Her husband can be seen
> playing often too

It was really cool seeing all the great throws from the pro tees on hole 14 at Acadiana. I was very impressed that only two people ended up hitting the trees located 15 feet off the teepad. Even more impressive was that the two people that did hit those trees were on the same team.
Ian
July 09, 2013 10:42PM
Shut it buster
Haha, I saw that too Jared! It was pretty funny and painful to watch!

Jacques did a fantastic job planning and running this Championship event. Without his leadership skills things would not have gone as smoothly as they did.
The ADGA and Flight Club Members that took time to help in whatever form you did, I give you my thanks.
David Rogers and his culinary crew did one hell of a job preparing all that food, thank you again guys.
Keith did a great job setting up and running the Skills. Great job sir!
And to all the players, thank you. Without you non of this means anything, so thank you for attending and being part of this great Championship event.

It is a proud moment for many of us here in Acadiana to have been part of such a great Championship.
I guess nobody liked the music
haha

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
I heard from all around that it wasn't a crowd favorite,,, just saying

Terry Zeringue
July 10, 2013 09:01AM

Other than these "guaranteed" prizes, am players were allowed to pick their own plastic which was a bit chaotic but fun to watch in a weird sort of way. I had everyone check out with me once they selected their discs, not so I could audit their winnings but so I could ask them the question "Are you satisfied with what you've got" and everybody answered yes so hopefully nobody feels short changed.

Ha ha. It's true. I watched him do it. Interesting unintentional social experiment.
Totally informed said people, that I play only electronic music, if any other type of music is wanted, please provide cd or jump drive. As no one provided this, i figured everyone wanted to be enlightened to what good music really is.

think they were still waiting, just going by what my ears heard as i socialized

Terry Zeringue
niklpenny Wrote:
> Totally informed said people, that I play only
> electronic music, if any other type of music is
> wanted, please provide cd or jump drive. As no one
> provided this, i figured everyone wanted to be
> enlightened to what good music really is.

I probably would of paid to of not of heard you play. How did you say it in the nomination thread... FAIL.
Dillon you can pay to hear me in any of the 30 or so bookings I have on my schedule for the rest of the year. Better yet I will leave your name at the door although they usually let girls like you in for free.

July 10, 2013 11:37AM
Sounds like a good event.besides the music and a thief.congrats!!!

BMB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2013 11:38AM by BRIAN B.
Ian
July 10, 2013 12:19PM
niklpenny Wrote:

i figured everyone wanted to be enlightened to what good music really is.

pretty sure we're all still waiting
In a way, it was a good thing that the fornicating wasp music was playing. It was a great ice-breaker because you could go up to anyone and start a conversation by talking about how torturous the music was.

Also, I would like to thank the person who unplugged the extension cord to give us a few minutes of comfort.
Ian
July 10, 2013 12:39PM
I've never thought of that....Dubstep DOES sound like wasps effing.
July 10, 2013 01:14PM
Was that dub step or house, or techno? I can never keep all 147 sub-genres straight in my head.

But I usually keep it to myself. Complaining about it has a very distinct "get off my lawn" flavor to it.

Btw, can someone tell me how to unlock my keyboard? I've been using my deevices to post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013