Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA

Posted by jacques 
Ian
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
July 10, 2013 01:22PM
I think everyone was taking a "if you don't have anything nice to say" approach

He asked for input.

He kicked the Hornets nest....then they all started F&*$ing
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
July 10, 2013 01:26PM
Just tell me how to unlock my keyboard.

But yes, I felt like I was back at Burning Man.
July 10, 2013 02:18PM
Yeah, that didn't work. It still lights up when I press keys, but no typie.
Music is a personal thing, but it could have been a little more international with a swamp pop base such as below:

Lil Band of Gold with Robert Plant and Lucinda Williams

Swamp pop,
Rock and roll
Zydeco
Cajun
and the list goes on with the depth of music from the Louisiana area to choose from.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2013 03:18PM by ArcHyzer.
DJ Niklpenny
Deluded
Defiant One
Party Monster
Low Down & Dirty
Rasta Sol
Benny Stylez
Dj B
Curly
Kelli Greene
Dj Vard
Dave Riot
All from Lafayette
All Electronic
Lafayette has way more music than what you think

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Well me and my house guests went shower at my house after the second round and by the time I got to the players party there was no music playing. In one way I wish I heard what you are talking about but on the other hand probably better that I didn't
Ryan your totally dont understand what my father is saying. Your really about maybe 5% of the population here in south louisiana that is really into electronic music. You have to realize that alot of people from around here have very strong ties to the heritage of south louisiana

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
I didnt play any music at the players party due to weather, I played music before the players meeting, and then again after 2nd round on sunday, because Jacques asked me too.
All joking aside I knew most people would not like electronic music, I mentioned this those that asked me to play, I also made an announcement at an adga meetingnobody brought any other music, so I forced to play what I had.

July 10, 2013 03:57PM
I like it. I just don't think it goes with every situation. Its great for dancing in clubs and wandering around the desert, but for conversation-based situations, it's a bit distracting.

Keyboard is still broke. I tried all of the Internet solutions. Maybe I spilled something on it and it finally crapped out.
Ian
July 10, 2013 04:04PM
Yeah...you "spilled something on it"

Riiiiigghhht
The lowest scores won the disc golf portion of the SNDC.
Ian
July 10, 2013 06:29PM
Mikey gonna Mike
July 10, 2013 07:52PM
Ian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah...you "spilled something on it"
>
>
> Riiiiigghhht

Sorry dude. I'm no Peter North. It was probably that big cup of sizzurp I was drinking.
For the benefit of future SNDC TDs and hosts, what did the players think of the Best Scorelternate format that was played at Pa Davis?

Also, when I spoke to the hotel folks on Monday to follow up on how the event turned out from their perspective, they asked me to ask the players who stayed there if they wouldn't mind submitting a review on tripadvisor.com. They do look at that site and give all the reviews they receive serious consideration.
Jacques, I personally loved the format, I got to putt, don't know if my partner can say the same. Best shot, best shot, and the best alt score was a great tournament round play IMO

As for as music, I don't mind the music, just not the place I enjoy it

Terry Zeringue
I thought best scoreternate played out just like intended, as a less-punishing twist on alternate shot. It's harder for the weaker player in best scoreternate to hurt the team as badly as if it was alternate shot.

So for me as someone who prefers best shot over all other formats, best scoreternate is better than alternate.

Ouch, my partner didn't do a good job helping me, but I did even worse.

jared. Wrote:
> Ian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thats just Mikey being Mikey.
> >
> > On a less douchey note....I want to take a
> moment
> > to thank Adele and her husband for spotting at
> > Acadiana and helping with crowd control on
> > Sunday.
> >
> >
> >
> > Adele is really taking to DG and will be
> beating
> > locals on the reg soon. Her husband can be
> seen
> > playing often too
>
> It was really cool seeing all the great throws
> from the pro tees on hole 14 at Acadiana. I was
> very impressed that only two people ended up
> hitting the trees located 15 feet off the teepad.
> Even more impressive was that the two people that
> did hit those trees were on the same team.

Terry Zeringue
July 10, 2013 09:25PM
I really enjoyed best scoreternate, not sure my partner did after some of the places I put him.
Ian
July 10, 2013 10:01PM
WTF???? What do you mean I didnt help you?
I liked the best scoreternate. It's not as difficult as true alternate shot but still requires both players to play well to shoot a good score.

Mississippi State Disc Golf
my opinion woul dbe biased, as both me and my partner decided to suck it up that round

HAHA, sorry Ian.

Terry Zeringue
liked the whole format including Davis.
July 12, 2013 07:55AM
Thanks Nick! I definitely would be interested in getting that one back.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
Shane, we've got volunteers in hip waders supposed to hit the swamp sometime soon. I will compile a list and post it with the results. I can attest that the bottom is really soft so locating and retrieving discs isn't easy.

The river, on the other hand, is a lost cause. If you went in on either 9 or 17, the next stop is the Gulf of Mexico.

So far, I had only one person point out a correction. Speak now or forever hold your peace if your information isn't correct. I will send in the results spreadsheet this weekend.
J
The river, on the other hand, is a lost cause. If you went in on either 9 or 17, the next stop is the Gulf of Mexico.

HAHAHAHA

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
jacques Wrote:
> Shane, we've got volunteers in hip waders supposed
> to hit the swamp sometime soon. I will compile a
> list and post it with the results. I can attest
> that the bottom is really soft so locating and
> retrieving discs isn't easy.
>
> The river, on the other hand, is a lost cause. If
> you went in on either 9 or 17, the next stop is
> the Gulf of Mexico.
>
> So far, I had only one person point out a
> correction. Speak now or forever hold your peace
> if your information isn't correct. I will send in
> the results spreadsheet this weekend.

Adele and I are going comb the swamp after flight club today. Any discs we find we will bring to Sunday doubles tomorrow.
Love to see Adele and her husband so involved in disc golf now.

Terry Zeringue
Jared and Adele (they deserve a HUGE round of applause) gave me the discs they retrieved from the Heymann swamp at doubles this Sunday.

Also shown are the other discs that showed up in lost & found since the tournament.

Tie dyed Champion Monarch - absolutely no identifying info or markings at all. Speak up if this belongs to you...

Yellow Champion Valkyrie - Name "Simon Hanisee" & a phone number 280-6207 but no area code - tried local (337) to no avail. Speak up if this is yours...

Orange Star X-Caliber - Belongs to Travis Reynolds - I will contact him soon - Anyone able to help get this back to him, let me know.

Clear Champion Wraith - Name "Tyler Harris" - several other names & numbers scratched out so it may be a hand-me-down - tournament stamped 1st Annual Glow Tournament with a shamrock and a half-moon...

Purple Champion Monarch with a stencil dye - has the manufacturer, model and weight hand written on the rim, "Innova Champion Monarch 175G" and the initials DD, maybe Darrel Daugherty? - no number to call, so please ask him if this is his...

Red Starfire with the 2005 Louisiana State Championship stamp - 99% sure this belongs to Kevin Weiss as it has all his info on it although it may be a hand-me-down that belongs to someone else now...

Blue Champion Boss - C. Hayes, I have your disc - HAHAHA - will be at doubles on Sunday or I can drop it another time...

Pink ESP Discraft Surge - absolutely no identifying info or markings at all. Speak up if this belongs to you...

Orange Discraft Crush - Shane Seal's lucky day - let me know how to get this back to you...

Thanks again to Jared & Adele for going swamp stomping looking for lost discs and thanks to the honest folks who turned in what they found out on the rest of the courses.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013