Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Heh lol

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
11 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER

61 teams plus a few in the mail and a few locals that are going to sign up this weekend should have us close to 70 teams by next Monday. I am still hoping that we fill and I am definitely feeling better about the turnout now.

Still surprised how slowly the hotel rooms for the lodging packs are going. Plenty still available so please consider the savings and convenience of choosing this option when you register.
The goodies are so good you just explain to the wife that unfortunately, you have to pay for your motel. She won't know! lol
Tournament update brought to you by our newest TITLE sponsor, Pack & Paddle and the Vibram FiveFingers Barefoot Sports Shoes

Pack & Paddle is your one stop outfitter for all your outdoor needs including apparel, hiking, camping, canoeing, kayaking, and they offer a complete line of Vibram discs and shoes!

They are conveniently located at 601 E Pinhook Road in Lafayette, less than five minutes from all four courses.

Stop by and see their large selection of quality merchandise on your next trip out to one of the parks. Give them a call at (337) 232-5854 or check them out online at http://packpaddle.com/

Vibram is a name that needs no introduction to Disc Golfers, but one of their products in particular is sure to gain popularity out on the course, the FiveFinger line of Barefoot Sports Shoes.

Go by Pack & Paddle and try on a pair and see how comfortable they are and how natural they feel. In the meantime, check them out online at http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

UPDATE

Registration

10 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER

We've still got room for 46 more teams at YOUR 2013 SNDC. I expect this will be our biggest week coming up for registration and I am still hopeful that the tournament will fill.

Just to make sure everybody remembers, there will be no walk up registration on Saturday morning.

Also, telling one of the Lafayette players on Facebook that your are coming doesn't mean that you are registered.

Follow this link to Disc Golf United to sign up your team!

OR

You still have time to register by mail,

Jacques Giraud
119 Shadyside Ave.
Lafayette, LA 70506

please remember to include a check made out to "Acadiana Disc Golf Association" for the amount of your TEAM'S entry fee (you and your partner) and all of your registration info and player's pack preference.

Doing Work

We really feel like we are having company over to our house on the 6th and 7th of July and one of the things so we decided to spruce things up a bit...

> Ten new tee pads at Pa Davis park are installed so the entire course is now outfitted with concrete boxes.
> Ten new benches are going up throughout all three parks along with ten new tables
> Course sign boards at Pa Davis and Heymann with maps are being installed
> New hole signs at Pa Davis as well as Heymann are in the works

A thoroughly dehydrated gang poured 18 yards of concrete at Pa Davis today, so get signed up and come see for yourself how nice it is looking!
continued..

Hotel

Of course you know the Holiday Inn Holidome is the host hotel and will be tournament central all weekend long.

What you may not know is TIME IS RUNNING OUT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE EXCEPTIONAL RATE BEING OFFERED FOR THIS EVENT.

Follow this link to book your room for only $65 - WHAT A DEAL!

Folks, this is a nice place and it will be where all the action is before, between and after the rounds all weekend long so please stay with the Holiday Inn on the 6th and 7th.
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
June 22, 2013 02:03PM
not thoroughly. i still had a couple of drops somewhere in one of my toes.
Jacques,
Just a few questions that I have so I can begin to put my Game plan together, and formulate my plan for a devastational 1st place victory.
You may or may not be able to answer all of these, but these are the only questions I really have after practicing each course this week.

Are the Am Tee Box's gonna be 100% concrete at PA Davis?
Are the incorrect distances on the signs at PA Davis going to be fixed before tournament?
If not does anyone know the actual correct distance's for each hole at Pa Davis?
Are the Am Tee Box's gonna be 100% the normal marked earthen pills at Heymann?
Will there be Tee Signs with distances at Heymann?
Does anyone have the hole Distance's for Heymann?
Will the OB's for Heymann be printed on the scorecard(there are alot of em).?
If not can they be posted on here, some of them are a bit confusing?
Is there officially a Mando on Hole 18, to keep you from going Hyzer over parking lot?(I have been told this)
What Happens if my disc lands on the roof of a pavilion or bathroom at Heymann? or inside the pavilion on concrete?
Will there be any kind of abatement in process for pedestrian traffic at Heymann or will it just be wide open to public as usual?
Are there Maps of Heymann and Pa Davis like the Acadiana Park map previously posted?

Thanks to the map and the statement that Signs will be posted at each hole with correct info I have all the knowledge I need of Acadiana Park

Thx in advance for answering whatever you can, it will be greatly appreciated

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Keith,
Just to Clarify the Skills Competition will consist of Accuracy upshots at a bullseye type station and Putting stations, but there is not a Distance Drive Portion Correct?

niklpenny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith,
> Just to Clarify the Skills Competition will
> consist of Accuracy upshots at a bullseye type
> station and Putting stations, but there is not a
> Distance Drive Portion Correct?

Putting:
Each member of the team will have 2 throws at each station.
The putting will have 4 stations worth the following points:
18' basket = 1 point *
36' basket = 2 points *
54' basket = 3 points *
78' basket = 10 points *

each team member has 2 putts at each basket.

Remember this is a combine team score of putting and accuracy.

Scoring for the accuracy will be as follows:
outer circle = 1 point
inner circle = 2 points
chains but does not stay in the basket = 5 points
ace = 10 points.

LONG ANSWER NO!!!!

*DISTANCES AND SCORING ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.....

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Are the Am Tee Box's gonna be 100% concrete at PA Davis?

Yes

Are the incorrect distances on the signs at PA Davis going to be fixed before tournament?

Off the top of my head, the only incorrect one is twelve which had disappeared for at least a year and miraculously reappeared a while back. Regardless, Tyson is having replacement vinyl overlays with new artwork and correct information including layout and distance.

If not does anyone know the actual correct distance's for each hole at Pa Davis?

Yes

Are the Am Tee Box's gonna be 100% the normal marked earthen pills at Heymann?

Yes

Will there be Tee Signs with distances at Heymann?

Yes

Does anyone have the hole Distance's for Heymann?

Yes

Will the OB's for Heymann be printed on the scorecard(there are alot of em).?

Yes

If not can they be posted on here, some of them are a bit confusing?

What questions do you have, specifically?

Is there officially a Mando on Hole 18, to keep you from going Hyzer over parking lot?(I have been told this)

No mando, hyzer away, but that is not the smart shot.

What Happens if my disc lands on the roof of a pavilion or bathroom at Heymann? or inside the pavilion on concrete?

All buildings, pavilions and cement beneath either is OB at all three parks, just like always.

Will there be any kind of abatement in process for pedestrian traffic at Heymann or will it just be wide open to public as usual?

Parks Dept does not allow an organization to reserve an entire park for any event, including us. They will remain open to the public but we will do our best to keep pedestrians out of the field of play. We have only had one tournament at Heymann before on a temp course last September and there wasn't much interference even though we had almost 100 players on the course.

Are there Maps of Heymann and Pa Davis like the Acadiana Park map previously posted?

Yes

Thanks to the map and the statement that Signs will be posted at each hole with correct info I have all the knowledge I need of Acadiana Park

We cannot set Acadiana in the tournament format until next weekend and I would be taking a chance of having temp signs stolen or vandalized if they were put out now. Trust me, everything will be clearly marked for the tournament.

Thx in advance for answering whatever you can, it will be greatly appreciated

Reply Quote Report
Ian
Re: YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship - July 6th & 7th - Lafayette, LA
June 22, 2013 08:54PM
Dats a lot of questions
If he was from N'awlins, he'd be axin' me dem questions.
I guess that covers that!
I have a question for Jacques:

What color draws are you going to wear on May 25, 2055?

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Trick question, I won't be wearing any.
Ian
June 22, 2013 09:37PM
He should have axed if going to the players meeting would be required before all them questions.
Tournament update brought to you by Evans Rentals

Evans Rentals is the largest drill bit rental company serving the Gulf Coast area with quality surface and workover bits for the oil and gas drilling industry. They also rent baskets, compactors, degreasing rigs, pressure washers, water distribution, waste treatment, casing swedges, shear mixers and much more.

They are located at 328 Hardware Road in Broussard, LA and can be reached at (337) 837-1727 or toll free at (888) 796-3796 or check them out online at http://evansrentals.com/index.html

A personal thanks to Robbie Roger for securing this fine sponsorship for YOUR 2013 SNDC!

UPDATE

Registration

ONLY NINE DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER

64 teams are in with room for 44 more.

I did a little research and looked at last year's SNDC and saw nearly half the field signed up in the last week of registrations. We are already over half full, so I still believe we may hit the cap at 108 teams.

Unlike Tupelo last year, we will not be taking walk up registration at all so make your plans, get partnered up and go to Disc Golf United and get your team signed up and official!

Also, the demand for the hotel rooms for the players packs remains low. Teams continue to register which means the merchandise packs are starting to run out. We have 26 of them left, enough for 13 more teams to select the merchandise option. Once they are gone, teams that register will receive the lodging pack by default until the tournament fills or registration closes.

Hotel

I will talk to Shawn tomorrow concerning the hotel bookings.

As I stated earlier in this thread, they are manually adjusting the number of rooms and the deadline to book at the discounted rate based on demand.

I think we may be in the situation that the quantity needs to be bumped up or the deadline extended in their accounting system because I have been contacted and told that someone is having a problem booking their stay using the link that I posted before.

Don't panic and please don't make plans to stay somewhere else. I will attempt to resolve this ASAP and post here as soon as I get more information.

Sponsorship

The absolute deadline to get on the shirts as a sponsor is this coming Tuesday, June 25th.

Sponsorship opportunities are definitely still available...

Regardless of the level of support, all sponsors will be recognized verbally at the event and on all literature.

Hole Sponsorship - 50 CFR discs were sold as hole sponsorship packages - the buyer's name or logo will appear on a sign at one hole for every disc purchased

Shirt List Sponsorship - $50 - A list of sponsor's names will be featured on the back of the tournament's tee shirt.

Shirt Logo Sponsorship - $100 - Sponsor's logo will be featured on the back of the tournament tee shirt and their name will be included prominently on the list as well.

Merchandise Sponsorship - provides opportunities for individuals or businesses to support the event without contributing monetarily. These items can be distributed as ring-of-fire or CTP prizes or can be bulk items which are included in the player's packs. Merchandise sponsors will receive recognition and promotional consideration consistent with the retail value of the donated items.

Contact me to discuss these or other sponsorship opportunities - acadianadiscgolfassociation [at] gmail.com
Played Pa Davis today with the Flight Club and was simply amazed at the efforts put in to make this tournament great. Every detail is being considered and great efforts are being made to make this event one to remember. The tee boxes, tables and benches took a lot of work to make happen and I want to say on behalf of all the out of towners we greatly appreciate them.
Sorry if it was a lot of questions, I want to break down the course's Sports Science style, and Identify my weaknesses and area's of concern, I want to have in place a game plan for the drive on every hole, so I do not start to over think and second guess myself. w(ith the distances, layouts, and OB lines...known a couple weeks before tournament, I can formulate a plan for exactly what it is I want to achieve on each hole. I will know ahead of time, which disc I want(backup plans for wind and weather change in place too), where I want to throw it, and so on and so forth. I can try to simulate throws I think will be challenging and see what works and what I can do the most consistent. I want to have the mental side of it thought out and burned in, before I play, so I can focus on the really technical aspects of the game. Undergrip finger position and tension, flight plate grip tension, wrist position, disc angle, tee box X-step path, distance, and speed. The reach back distance, the pull thru speed, the end snap, the disc angle, the flight path line, the rip out and release point, and the follow thru. If I already know where I want the disc to go and I am not winging it, then I can really focus on the actual throw..as opposed to being distracted by everything past the tee-box. I have been sort of playing like this past couple weks, and my confidence level is threw the roof, and I have shaved quite a few digits off my strokes on the course's I have played(hence my win at flight club). I am coming to win this thing, I am not coming to play around, I am taking this thing like if I was High dollar professional sports figure, watching game film and reading playbooks.

Wow! No wonder I ain't any good. Walk on the pad, chunk it, cuss, and move on is not where it is at. lol

Seriously, hope you have a good tournament, Ryan.

Keith asking about Jacques' drawers and Jacques not wearing any is scary.
David,
It's fun to just get together and play a round, and just throw to throw, and try out ridicolous shots, and quadruple bogey holes.....and get drunk.
Thats what drew me to Disc Golf in the first place, The people, the atmosphere, and the game. But I am really starting to take it serious for Tournaments...I figure if I am gonna do it, and I am gonna really do it. But to each his own, they are players who can not throw for 2 weeks, and then show up and whoop the behind.....I am not in that category, I gotta put forth effort.
:)

Maybe if I drank what's in all those blue aluminum cans we pick up littering The Bob I would score better. But, who would lead my group to the next tee. lol If you feel on the verge of some really nice accomplishments, go for it. "An aspiration is a joy forever." R.L. Stevenson
Everybody got a plan till they get punched in the mouth- Mike Tyson
Today the heat just whooped me

Tournament update brought to you by Mason Machine and Fabrication, LLC

Located at 105 Bonin Road in Broussard, LA. Give them a call at (337) 839-9100 if you need quality machining or fabrication services.

UPDATE

Registration

ONLY EIGHT DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER FOR THE TOURNAMENT

65 teams signed up with room for 43 more.

Got to Disc Golf United and get your team signed up before it is too late.

Still hear that there are quite a few players who have stated that they are coming to this tournament, either word-of-mouth, facebook or otherwise who haven't signed up yet.

This is the last week of registration, so please pass it along to them that they need to get on the ball!

Registration by mail is also still available...

119 Shadyside Ave
Lafayette, LA 70506

send a check payable to "Acadiana Disc Golf Association" for your team's entry fee (both players) and please include all of your info.

Also, we are nearly sold out of XL shirts. This will mean only MED and LG shirts will be available pretty soon so please keep this in mind when you sign up!

Hotel

The deadline for booking your room at the Holiday Inn has been extended to the 28th of June.

I continue to urge players to favor the host hotel with their business and book their rooms as soon as possible.

Follow this link to book your stay for tournament weekend for only $65 a night - what a deal!

Courses

Poured the last concrete today, marking the end of the construction projects leading up to the tournament. All that remains is the trimming, mowing and cleanup which will take place next weekend, primarily at Acadiana.

LAFAYETTE FOLKS- plan on attending a work day on either Friday the 29th, Saturday the 30th or both. Work starts at 8:00 and we've got plenty to keep everybody busy.

Spread the word any way you can and I will be sending out text messages on Wednesday to remind everyone too.

As we pass through Acadiana, we will be setting everything in the "championship" layout and it will remain that way through the SNDC weekend.

Please let any casual players that you see on the course know what is going on and please make sure they know that ALL 3 COURSES WILL BE CLOSED TO CASUAL PLAY ON THE 6th AND THE MORNING OF THE 7th. I will be putting up signs announcing this at all three parks during the week too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2013 08:56AM by hudd.
Question, if I ace every hole, will Ian and I win?

Terry Zeringue
You're already a winner, Zinger.
Complete tournament update brought to you by Dynamic Discs

Host of the upcoming Am Worlds in Emporia, KS, Dynamic Discs started as a simple online retailer of Disc Golf merchandise and has blossomed into one of our sport's leading manufacturers of discs, bags and apparel and host of many of the top tournaments.

They are also a major sponsor of other events, including YOUR 2013 SNDC and they have taken a keen interest in the Southern Nationals series as of late.

As a company, they are a pleasure to deal with and the plastic that bears their logo is top quality. As a matter of fact, I have several of their discs in my bag right now.

Check them out online at http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/ or give them a call at 620-208-DISC (3472)

UPDATE OF EVERYTHING WITH ALL THE CORRECT INFORMATION

The Acadiana Disc Golf Association and The Flight Club Disc Golf League proudly present

YOUR 2013 Southern Nationals Doubles Championship

Lafayette, LA - July 6th & 7th - Acadiana, Pa Davis & Heymann Parks

Entry Fees PER TEAM

Pro Divisions

Pro Open - $100
Pro Women - $100
Pro Masters - $100
Pro Masters Women - $100
Pro Grandmasters - $100
Pro Senior Grandmasters - $100

Amateur Divisions

Advanced Men- $80
Advanced Women - $80
Advanced Masters - $80
Am Men - $60
Am Women - $60
Junior - $60

Other divisions may be offered and some may be eliminated based on demand.

Registration

As of 06/24/2013 - 68 out of a possible 108 teams are registered for the tournament

Online registration is being handled by Disc Golf United.

Here is a link to the tournament on DGU - get signed up or check to see who your competition is going to be!

One thing that the DGU site doesn't do very well is handle the names for doubles tournaments, so please enter your name (first and last) in the "First Name" field and your partner's name (first and last) in the "Last Name" field when you sign up.

This will be open, up and running until registration closes at the end of this month, meaning you have 7 days left to register for the tournament as of today - 06/24/2013.

In-person registration and pre-payment is still available, see me or Scott Comeaux out at the parks to sign up & pay.

Registration and pre-payment by mail is still available.

Send your payment & info to

Jacques Giraud
119 Shadyside Ave
Lafayette, LA 70506

make your check payable to "Acadiana Disc Golf Association"

If you register in-person or by mail, I need your names, shirt size preferences and contact information. If you fall in to these categories and want the lodging option for your player's pack, please indicate this and I will inform you if it has or hasn't filled when your registration payment is received.

THE FIELD WILL CAP AT 216 PLAYERS (108 TEAMS).

ONLY PLAYERS WITH SN POINTS FOR THE 2012/2013 SEASON WILL BE ALLOWED TO PLAY IN THIS EVENT, NO EXCEPTIONS OR EXEMPTIONS.

THIS TOURNAMENT WILL BE 100% PRE-REGISTER AND PRE-PAY. THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO WALK UP REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED AND NO I.O.U.s.

In order to restrict sign ups to players with SN points, the DGU site will be set up with a registration code. It is 2013SNDC. I will not post this information anywhere else but this site.

By signing up and paying for this tournament, you are verifying that you have the required SN points and are eligible for the selected division based on current SN rules. If you sign up without SN points or sign up for a division lower than one which you are eligible to play, you will be removed from the field and your entry fee will be refunded.

I ask for the players help and the SN BOD members to assist in policing ineligible players.

Only two teams that won paid admission to the tournament throughout the year are AWOL.

If anybody knows how to contact

JOHN LINTON or DICKEY MAXWELL
ANGELA IRBY or ROBIN HORNE

please let them know about needing to let me know if they are planning to attend & claim their free entry.

Rounds

Three pools on three courses - two rounds Saturday and one round Sunday - no finals, just three rounds of Disc Golf.

Pools

Pool A - ALL PRO PLAYERS

Pool B - ALL ADVANCED PLAYERS

Pool C - ALL AM PLAYERS & JUNIORS

Courses

Acadiana, Pa Davis & Heymann. Acadiana will be set in a championship layout, Pa Davis & Heymann will be set up normally.

Assignments

Pool A - 1st round at Acadiana, 2nd round at Pa Davis, 3rd round at Heymann

Pool B - 1st round at Heymann, 2nd round at Acadiana, 3rd round at Pa Davis

Pool C - 1st round at Pa Davis, 2nd round at Heymann, 3rd round at Acadiana

Format

Heymann Park - Best Shot, all divisions, all rounds.

Acadiana Park - Best Shot, all divisions, all rounds.

Pa Davis - SOMETHING NEW - Best Score played from your partner's lie.

We decided to call it Best Scorelternate since it COMBINES Best Score and Alternate Shot.

"Say what?".

It is simple and best explained with an example using a three shot sequence.

You and your partner both drive.
You throw your upshot from his drive's lie and he throws from yours.
You then putt from his upshot's lie and he putts from yours.
He misses the putt and you make it.
Your team cards a 3 for the shot sequence of your drive - his upshot - your putt.

In this example, both partners do not have to hole out once it becomes impossible for a better score to be carded.

Also, if you park it under the basket and your partner hits a tree 20 ft off the tee and goes OB, you may abandon the shot sequence starting with his drive and play the hole out as a "normal" alternate shot starting with your drive - basically your drive and his tap in putt for a score of 2.

Schedule

Friday, July 5th

Early bird check-in at Acadiana Park the Holiday Inn Holidome's picnic area starting at noon. Check in, collect your player's pack and play a practice round or two if you wish. Note the location change.

Saturday, July 6th

Late bird check-in starting at 8:00 AM at the picnic area at the Holiday Inn Holidome prior to the player's meeting.

Player's meeting at the hotel's picnic area starting at 9:00 AM. MANDATORY for all players.

First round begins approximately 30 minutes after the player's meeting concludes, but no earlier than 10:00 AM. The hotel is less than 10 minutes from all three parks.

Lunch will be served at the picnic area between rounds, FREE OF CHARGE to all players.

Second rounds begins approximately one hour after the last card from your pool is turned in. All three pools may have different start times depending on how fast they play the first round. This will be announced and posted at lunch.

Player's party and skills competitions at the picnic area following the conclusion of the second round of play, lasting until 10:00 PM.

Sunday, July 7th

Third round begins at 10:00 AM. Players report directly to their respective parks - no Sunday morning player's meeting.

An awards ceremony will follow the conclusion of the third round of play. The awards ceremony will also take place at the hotel's picnic area. Ace pot throw offs (if necessary) and rings-of-fire will be held while final scores are being tallied.

Player's Packs

Two options are available for your player's pack, lodging or merchandise.

Lodging

45 double occupancy rooms for Saturday night at the Holiday Inn Holidome will be offered as player's packs for this event on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED basis.

The lodging option is for YOUR TEAM, meaning this is the player's pack for YOU AND YOUR PARTNER ONLY AND SATURDAY NIGHT ONLY.

If you opt for lodging, you will not receive any merchandise (shirts, discs, etc), just lodging.

These rooms are either two double beds or a king and a sleeper sofa and most are non-smoking.

AS OF TODAY, 06/24/2013, THERE ARE STILL 31 LODGING PACKS REMAINING

Merchandise

If the double occupancy lodging doesn't work for you or it is full by the time you register, then select a merchandise pack consisting of

A dri-fit, short sleeve tournament t-shirt
A tournament stamped disc from Innova (Star/Champion) or Discraft (FLX/ESP/Z) available in many popular models
A stainless steel water bottle from Dynamic Discs
An ice chest/cooler that fits neatly inside your Disc Golf bag (fits 3 beers, BTW!)
A travel size container of bug spray
A mini marker
A pencil sharpener & eraser
A pack of Swamp Seeds (boiled crawfish flavored sunflower seeds)

AS OF TODAY, 06/18/2013, THERE ARE 22 MERCHANDISE PACKS REMAINING

We are sold out of XL shirts now too, meaning LG and MED are the only ones remaining.

Menu

Our executive chef, Mr. David Roberts, and his crew will be working hard to make sure y'all eat good.

Lunch will be served FREE OF CHARGE following the first round of play at the picnic area at the Holiday Inn Holidome. We are planning a BBQ lunch - burgers, chicken, sausage, etc - with a side dish or two, snacks and soft drinks.

Dinner will also be served FREE OF CHARGE at the player's party Saturday night, at the same place as lunch. We are gonna fire up the pit again and grill some fish, get the big black iron pot going with a chicken, shrimp and sausage jambalaya, dish up some wings from Hooters, plate up some shrimp and corn macque choux and finish it off with some desert.

We will have water and soft drinks at dinner and two kegs of beer (must be 21).

Skills Competition

Mr. Keith Bodin will be organizing the skills contests to be held at the picnic area at the hotel during the player's party. Thanks to his hard work and generosity there will be $1,000 of cold hard cash up for grabs in putting and accuracy.

The upshot portion will come first and takes place on six stations set amongst 1-1/2 acres of a beautifully manicured and landscaped area next to the hotel.

The putting will follow on the tennis courts which are lit up in case we run out of daylight.

This will be a team event, by division and the scores will be cumulative for both events. First place team in each division wins cash equal to their entry fee for the tournament - $100 for pros, $80 for advanced & $60 for ams.

We will also have a mini basket throw off and a mini ring of fire with the winners taking home a mini basket in each event. Make sure you bring a mini with you to the player's party.

Lodging

The Holiday Inn Holidome is the host hotel for the weekend, will serve as tournament central on Saturday and will be the hub of activity.

A special thanks to Shawn Johnson, a fellow disc golfer and manager at the Holiday Inn for working with us on the accommodations for this event.

As mentioned above, a player's pack lodging option is available in limited quantity for Saturday night only.

If this isn't for you or it is full when you register or you want to stay in town Friday or Sunday night, then rooms at the host hotel are available for the unbelievably low rate of ONLY $65 PER NIGHT.

FOLLOW THIS BOOKING LINK to get this great deal!!!

If the online thing isn't for you, call the hotel at (337) 233-6815 and book your stay over the phone.

TIME IS RUNNING OUT TO GET THIS DEAL ON THE HOTEL ROOMS - BOOK YOUR STAY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

PLEASE favor the Holiday Inn with your business this weekend as they have bent over backwards supporting this event.

Camping

As always, RV and tent camping are available at Acadiana Park's Campground.

Get more info at http://www.visitusa.com/louisiana/camping/acadianaparkcampground.htm.

Directions

Acadiana Park

From I-10, turn South at exit 104 (Louisiana Ave).
Turn left on Alexander St. Acadiana Park is approximately 1/2 mile down Alexander on the left hand side.
The parking lot is just past the playground, before the tennis courts.
Hole 1 for the Ace Run is behind the bathrooms to the left of the parking lot.
Hole 1 for the Duzee is behind the soccer fields in front of the parking lot.

For GPS users, Acadiana Park's physical address is 1005 E. Alexander Street, Lafayette, LA

Pa Davis Park

Take the Louisiana Avenue Exit (Exit 104) off I-10.
Go south on Louisiana Ave. to the intersection of Simcoe St.
Turn left on Simcoe and travel approximately 1 mile to the intersection of Hines St.
Turn left on Hines and then left again onto Dawn St. which is the entrance road to Pa Davis park.
Veer right into the parking lot past the big building and park by the basketball courts.

You will drive past hole 1's tee box on the right hand side as you enter the park.

Pa Davis Park's address is 120 Dawn Street, Lafayette, LA

Heyman Park

Take the Highway 90 Exit (Exit 103) off I-10.
Go south Highway 90 (also called Evangeline Thruway) to the intersection of Surrey St.
Turn left on Surrey and travel past the Lafayette Regional Airport.
Continue on Surrey across the small bridge over the Vermillion River.
Approximately one block past this bridge, turn left onto Chargois Springs Rd. which is one of the two entrance roads to the Park.

Heyman Park's address is 1500 South Orange Street Lafayette, LA 70501

Interactive Map

Tournament venues with driving directions between each location, put together by John Fowler

Contact Information

Tournament director - Jacques Giraud.

Tournament staff - Scott Comeaux, Keith Bodin, David Roberts, Pat Daniels, Randy Quebodeaux, David Fifita, Robbie Roger, Stafford Barnett, Brennan Daigle

Contact us at acadianadiscgolfassociation [at] gmail.com

Sponsorship

Regardless of the level of support, all sponsors will be recognized verbally at the event and on all literature.

Hole Sponsorship - 50 CFR discs were sold as hole sponsorship packages - the buyer's name or logo will appear on a sign at one hole for every disc purchased

Shirt List Sponsorship - $50 - A list of sponsor's names will be featured on the back of the tournament's tee shirt.

Shirt Logo Sponsorship - $100 - Sponsor's logo will be featured on the back of the tournament tee shirt and their name will be included prominently on the list as well.

Merchandise Sponsorship - provides opportunities for individuals or businesses to support the event without contributing monetarily. These items can be distributed as ring-of-fire or CTP prizes or can be bulk items which are included in the player's packs. Merchandise sponsors will receive recognition and promotional consideration consistent with the retail value of the donated items.

Contact me to discuss these or other sponsorship opportunities - acadianadiscgolfassociation [at] gmail.com

TOMORROW, JUNE 25th IS THE DEADLINE FOR GETTING ON THE SHIRTS.

Payout

Top 50% in ALL AMATEUR DIVISIONS INCLUDING ADVANCED gets paid!

Baskets for first place in Advanced Men & Am Men

Carts for first place in Advanced Masters

Lots of bags for other top finishers

Tons of plastic - popular models from various manufacturers

WAY OVER 100% PAYOUT GUARANTEED

Top 35% in ALL PROFESSIONAL DIVISIONS get paid!

WAY OVER 100% PAYOUT GUARANTEED

I was hoping this was going to be THE big week for registrations, but it has gotten off to a crawl.

I want to appeal to the players who are on the fence about coming to town for this tournament.

Come join us and I guarantee you will have a blow-out good time. We are pulling out all the stops for this one and I REALLY hope more teams decide to start signing up and join the fun.

Also, please assist me in getting the word out about how close we are to ending registration.

I know there are going to be some teams who will wait until the Thursday night before the tournament to try to sign up. Help make sure that word reaches them by any means available - social media, word-of-mouth, smoke signals - whatever it takes.

Finally a "call out" - where y'at NOTeam?

Got more folks making the long trek from Tupelo than there are making the hop-skip-and-a-jump from the Crescent City.
Ian
June 24, 2013 10:15PM
LOL
I've been spreading the word to get everyone I can. Whoever misses this tourney it sucks to be you cause this will be a great one to attend. Lafayette knows how to put on a great tourney. Can we get a update on the preregistered players ?

Hey Keith , Did you find my disc ?
Keith (and everyone else) look on the DGU website by following the link and it shows the complete field by the division.

The DGU site does a better job by far than this one does of displaying the registration list.

I tried copying it and pasting it here but it shows up all crazy looking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013