Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

State games of Mississippi 4

Posted by discdaddydale 
State games of Mississippi 4
June 01, 2013 03:19PM
The information for this tourney is now listed under tournament info.
Re: State games of Mississippi 4
June 12, 2013 03:47PM
Tournament Director: Dale McVeay (discdaddydale [at] yahoo.com) (601) 447-4450
Date(s): 06/22/2013 Location: Tatum Park - Hattiesburg, MS

Hattiesburg Disc Golf Association on Facebook

Entry Fees Per Division
Pro Men (MPO) - 40
Pro Women (FPO) - 40
Pro Master (MPM) - 40
Pro Grandmaster (MPG) - 40
Advanced (MA1) - 35
Adv Master (MM1) - 35
Adv Women (FW1) - 35
Am Men (MA2) - 35
Am Women (FW2) - 35
Novice (MA3) - 25
Juniors (MJ2) - 25

Registration Time 8-9:30

2 rounds of 18, 1st round at 10am / 2nd round 1 hour after last card is turned in from round 1

All players will receive a state games t-shirt. $10 will be taken out of each entry fee for t-shirts and medals. $2 each will go to the SNDG. All other entry fees collected will be paid out in the form of cash for professionals and Plastic and prizes for Advanced and intermediates.

CTPs, and raffles will be held, Lunch will be provided by Newks Express Cafe for a minimal cost.
June 13, 2013 11:31PM
Hole sponsership?
June 20, 2013 08:40AM
Any Pro Women attending? If not, definitely playing AM Men!

Sara K. Senkbeil
sks16@students.uwf.edu
June 20, 2013 09:08AM
Lynn Day has played in the past. Skye will be unavailable but we would love to have you
June 20, 2013 09:10AM
I will be there regardless of the division in which I play =)

Sara K. Senkbeil
sks16@students.uwf.edu
June 20, 2013 11:12PM
Where's all the hype?!

Aheeeeeeeeeeeee

June 21, 2013 09:43AM
Just a reminder that everyone is welcome to compete for the prizes, but only MS residents are eligible to win the medals for the State Games of MS.
We have some great prizes donated by our friends at Stokes Distributing, Coca-Cola, Newk's , and Play it again sports.
June 21, 2013 10:35AM
Any adv or open players plannin on attending?

I'll be their prolly play open but we will see
June 21, 2013 10:36AM
Any adv or open players plannin on attending?

I'll be their prolly play open but we will see

Curry Williams
June 21, 2013 03:41PM
Several advanced and adv masters attending, not sore about the pros
June 22, 2013 12:17AM
Well thought I had a newbie comin with.. But he bak out.. But if I can find a ride I'll be there
June 23, 2013 10:04PM
Results will be posted Monday. Sorry for the delay
June 24, 2013 10:18AM
Listed below are the scores from the 2013 State Games of Mississippi. I want to thank all those who attended, as well as my sponsors: Hattiesburg Coca Cola, Stokes Distributing, Play It Again Sports, Newk's Express Caf
June 24, 2013 10:28AM
Thanks again to the HDGA for helping to make this tournament a success.
Only residents of the state of Mississippi were eligible to win State Games Medals.

Mens Open Pro Scores Medals
John Fowler 96
Barrett Johnson 97
Philip Tait 101
Michael Florey 101
Chad Sherbert 103 G
Stephen Harrison 104 S
Logan Weiss 104
Chris Sigler 105 B
Chris Gilmore 106
Mark Martin 108
Chris Akers 109
Dwight Legrand 111
Mason McKay 114
Dylan Hunn 117

Womans Open Pro
Sara Senkbeil 118
Lynn Day 131 G

Pro Grandmasters
Chuck Leggett 109 G
Darrell Jackson 125 S

Advanced Men
J.C. Rohe 107
Scott Webber 116
Mike Dozier 118
Eric Day 125 G

Advanced Masters
Max McGehee 108 G
Leon Irby 114
Mike Pascarella 116 S
Robert Payne 117 B
Derrick Bilbo 118

Amateur Men
Ryan Vann 103
Jason Metz 107 G
Hagan Napier 109 S
Bahen Privett 110
Colin Wright 111
John Firth 113 B
Dan Kohler 114
Kyle Baker 118
Wade Bouchard 120
Heath Gandy 120
Garrett Jones 123
Taylor Harris 123
Rick Green DNF
Paul Green DNF

Amateur Women
Maggie Pressley 129 G
Angela Irby 140

Novice
Aaron Chu 110 G
Paul Ross 114 S
Mikey Pascarella 116 B
Matt Sword 119
Casey Mercier 123
Jacob Mercier 131
Justin Jones 131

Juniors
Carson Yi 128 G
Greg Mills 129 S
Aaron Cater 140 B
William Harrison 209
July 23, 2013 12:52AM
Bump for getting some results added
July 23, 2013 08:19AM
I will get them up if someone sends me the scores. Both rounds.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
July 31, 2013 04:35PM
Out of curiosity,and I am pretty sure they will, but were the round scores and the pay-outs gunna be posted?
Anonymous User
August 01, 2013 08:10PM
This is a story about laziness.

What we have here is a failure to follow one of the very few SN standards that are ever actually enforced by the Board of Laziness, i mean Board of Directors. The most basic responsibility of a TD is to submit round by round scores and I don't think even that low threshold has been met by the TD after over a month now, due to sheer unadulterated laziness. But if the TD has lost the round by round scores and just has the total scores, and if he is too lazy to put the names in one excel column and the scores in another so that they may be uploaded to the SN site, well then the Board of Laziness I mean the Board of Directors should sanction this TD in some fashion. But the TD is counting on the Board of Laziness to do as it has been doing and just be too lazy to notice. I mean the Board of Laziness is too lazy to even get together for a meeting for two months now, so it's no wonder that the TD is acting as lazy as the Board of Laziness.

Just call it a hunch, neither the TD nor the BoL (i mean BoD) really seem to give a flying rats booty about letting anyone see the scores for this alleged SN tournament. Dale I love ya but you really need to get off your duff. Have some pride in your tournament and send in the proper scores or admit you screwed the pooch and beg the BoL (i mean BoD) for forgiveness. Maybe they'll get around to voting to accept your total scores without individual round scores sometime before Christmas. Of 2019.

August 02, 2013 03:40PM
My apologies for not making all of this public but I was under the impression that I have met my responsibilities as a tournament director when I sent in the final results and the tournament fees collected to the SNDG. To anyone who played this tournament and is waiting for points to be posted, once again I apologize for any misunderstanding. As you can see by this thread the results were posted within 2 days of the tourney and the check was mailed soon after. Since I only run 1 tournament a year, I was unaware of the Formal submission process for turning in results. Obviously a total score for both rounds will not suffice and since I discarded the scorecards after transferring the total to the final printout they may never be.

Since the SNDG is not my life and I don't follow every post and thread I was unaware that the scores and points had not been posted until a post was made a month after the fact. Even though I'm not cool enough to understand what "Bump for getting some results added" means, I read between the lines and began inquiring among those at the SNDG who should be communicating with TD's. Since I can't receive any straight answers from those elected to monitor this process I wash my hands of it.

What I will not do is waste my time with useless banter on a public website. If you can't accept a total score and post the points earned by these competitors, I can do nothing more to make this right at this late date.

Dale McVeay
Ex-Tournament Director for SNDG Tournaments
August 02, 2013 03:43PM
Next time your post should be more specific:
Ask for round by round scores
Ask for payout results.
Not everyone is a seasoned Tournament Director.

"Please send all results to one of these three emails asap after your event: "

Allan Morrow - hogman5657@gmail.com

Ratings:

Mike Kernan - underparmike@yahoo.com

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Anonymous User
August 02, 2013 05:42PM
So it looks like the Board of Laziness let you down Dale. Thanks for the explanation. I wish the Board of Laziness would have helped you out before you gave up.
August 02, 2013 06:11PM
Mike,
My last statement on this subject is before you choose to include me in one of your rants, please contact me first and get your facts straight.

Good luck with this weekends tourney
Friends and fairways to you all
Disc Daddy Dale
August 02, 2013 08:53PM
Would figure you would be use to that guy by now.
Anonymous User
August 03, 2013 05:51AM
My facts are quite straight Dale. You might not like them, but they're straight. Sorry if your feelings got all hurt getting compared to the Board of Laziness though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013