Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Michael Foradori, Jr. Tournament Booneville, MS November 23rd

Posted by Ricco Suavez 
Michael Foradori, Jr. Tournament Booneville, MS November 23rd
June 30, 2013 03:36PM
I sent Bill a PM and confirmed he is not able to TD this tournament. So I was wondering if anyone wants to volunteer to TD this event, it is still over a month away but a lot of work still needs to be done. I will say that the park has it looking very good right now with only some down trees needing cut up and moved. Hate to see this event die. I am willing to put in a few days in the upcoming weeks if someone decides to do this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2013 01:52PM by niklpenny.
Re: Michael Foradori, Jr. Tournament Booneville, MS August 10th
June 30, 2013 08:39PM
Put a deadline on it and then take it off the schedule if no one wants to step up.
For new SN Board members, another good reason why the SN should require a tournament fee to host.
July 01, 2013 06:15AM
Bill left a few events on the schedule...
July 01, 2013 10:15AM
This Tournament is being rescheduled for Nov 2nd. More info to follow.
July 12, 2013 05:18PM
I am by default listed as TD of this tournament since no one was able to step up beforehand and do it at the original time and date. I have given it thought and feel that I cannot act as TD due to recurring health reasons. I have made plans to have hip replacement surgery the Friday before Thanksgiving if I can hold out that long. Right now I hope to be able to compete in the SNAC at Tupelo and that will most likely be my last tournament this year. I honestly do not feel that the tournament would get my best effort as I currently work 5 days a week and when I get home I just do not have the energy or "want too" attitude that I believe it would take to do it right. Its my hope that by giving this notice someone will step up and continue this event. My apologies to the Disc Golfing community.
July 26, 2013 02:10PM
I have also, "by default" been listed as the TD for All of the Tishomingo Events. If anyone feels that "I have left a few events on the schedule" I pray they never have to step up and care for a family member, which is the reason I am no longer in Mississippi!

In the past several months since I knew I had to relocate, I have talked with many prospective TD's, NONE of which show ANY interest is "stepping up" to run this event.

I have called Tim many times and left messages, and talked With Michael's father today. He asked me to post that this event date was now a wash since I cannot make the 1000 mile round trip to TD it and no one that Tim or Michael are aware of had told them they would run it. Needing to be here to help care for my Dad and my autistic adopted brother will ALWAYS and FOREVER be more important to me than being the TD on any particular event!

Best of luck with this and other events in the future!

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
July 29, 2013 02:46PM
I didn't say you didn't have a reason to leave them on the schedule, I just stated the fact. They were posted way before you left.
September 26, 2013 06:44PM
This tournament is listed the same weekend as the Naquin. I have already sent a PM to some BOD members explaining that I could not TD this event and the mix up with the same dates as the Memphis tournament which I believe is in too close of proximity to be legal per SN rules. I have also had contact with several members that have expressed interest in TDing this event but nothing concrete. I really hope that this event is saved and a new date and TD is found so that it can continue. The young man provided funds to build this course and has since passed on and it would be a real shame to let it disappear from the schedule.
2nd Annual Michael Foradori Jr Memorial
September 27, 2013 11:05AM
2nd Annual Michael Foradori Jr Memorial

Tournament Director: Zack Hudson 662-760-6726
zack.c.hudson@gmail.com
zack.hudson@tecumseh.com
Date(s): 11/23/2013 Location: Michael Foradori Disc Golf Course - Booneville, MS

signups: 8:00 AM-9:00AM

players meeting: 9:00AM-9:15AM

Tee off 1st round: 9:30

Second round will tee 1 hour after last card from 1st round is turned in

1st round: everyone plays short tees
2nd round : everyone plays long tees

Entry fee:
All pro $45
All adv $35
All AM $25
jr/rec $20

Thank you

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2013 11:30AM by niklpenny.
Anonymous User
Re: 2nd Annual Michael Foradori Jr Memorial
September 27, 2013 06:29PM
Boom. Can't wait.
Re: 2nd Annual Michael Foradori Jr Memorial
October 11, 2013 09:45PM
Guess that sums it up...LOL...ricco are you gonna play both?
Re: Michael Foradori, Jr. Tournament Booneville, MS November 23rd
October 14, 2013 07:30AM
Ricco are you gonna play both?

only other event on Nov 23rd is down around Mobile. Be tough to play both Ricco. Hope you choose the Foradori Memorial in Bonnevegas.
October 14, 2013 01:20PM
I do plan to attend the Michael Foradori JR Tourney in beautiful downtown Boonevegas, MS. Seeing as this will be my last for a while I plan on showing out. Hip replacement scheduled for the following Monday the 25th. Carving out a low score on Saturday, carving up Turkey for an early Thanksgiving Family meal Sunday, and Doc carving on me Monday, sounds like a great weekend. Zack I will contribute some discs for CTPs next time we see each other.
November 05, 2013 03:01PM
Who all is planning on makeing this tournament ?
November 06, 2013 10:17AM
We have added $500.00 to the pro purse for this event. Would like to thank Michael Foradori Sr. for his generous contribution. Hope everyone can make it out to Booneville for this event.
jcb
November 11, 2013 07:59AM
I plan on coming. Gonna try and drag some more of these Florence guys with me also.
November 19, 2013 07:53AM
Hope a lot of you North MS, Memphis, North AL players will make trip this Saturday to Boonevegas. Course was in great shape last time I was there, Zack and co. will do you right, and we need to show support to the man who made this course possible. I sadly will not be able to play but I will try to make an appearance if anyone wants an autograph,(just not on a check). Good luck to all and hope all have a great time.
November 22, 2013 10:45PM
Good luck with it fellas I hope it turns out well. Its gonna be a cool & windy one for both of us!
November 25, 2013 06:10AM
Had 43 players on a cold and windy day. We have results soon.
December 06, 2013 08:44AM
results posted

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013