Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Battle in the 'Boro, October 5

Posted by lmeyers 
Battle in the 'Boro, October 5
August 27, 2013 05:21PM
Re: Battle in the 'Boro, October 5
September 03, 2013 07:45PM
Hello!

Hope everyone within earshot has The Battle in the 'Boro on their calendar. Disc Side of Heaven is proud to be a part of this great tournament. Many of you may not know who I am because I do not travel to any tournaments (I have a full-time job that includes a lot of weekends and two small boys).

I can tell you the first time I played disc golf was in 1987 and I started playing regularly in 1990. I have helped design and redesign courses in Denton, TX and in Carbondale, IL. Disc Side of Heaven has been about three years in the making and I am super excited for everyone to come play.

The course is still very raw and is (as almost all courses) a work in progress. But I promise that it will be in as good as shape as it can be come October 5. If you want to see more about Disc Side of Heaven you have lots of choices: Facebook DGCourseReview course page or the website at: discsideofheaven.com

If anyone has any questions about the tournament let Laura and Bob Meyers know. If anyone has any questions about Disc Side of Heaven let me know here or at discsideofheaven@gmail.com

Thanks and hope to see everyone soon!

Brad Pietz
owner: Disc Side of Heaven
September 04, 2013 10:57PM
Address or Paypal for payment?
September 05, 2013 07:17PM
i will work on paypal. will let everyone know when its up.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2013 07:24PM by lmeyers.
September 06, 2013 01:02PM
PayPal: you can send payments to LMeyersFDA@yahoo.com

be sure to check "send as gift" and please include a note with your name and division.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone in Jonesboro!!
September 08, 2013 07:11AM
Laura we will announce the tournament today at bag tag and get a rough estimate and will get back with yall, also Bud Hill will send a sponsorship.Danny
September 08, 2013 08:27AM
Thank you very much Danny and Barbara!! Your continued support is always appreciated.
September 16, 2013 03:25PM
Hey Laura, I see the pro's play Disc Side of Heaven the 2nd round. Are there 2 courses there or just 1? Are the Open players playing the gold or the rec tee's?

Lecy
September 16, 2013 04:10PM
There are two courses at Disc Side, sadly the Long side is totally overgrown and not currently playable. The plan is for everyone to play the "Rec" side, White tees which is somewhere around 5500 ft. We decided this as most people will be playing it blind and this tee location will be challenging but not overwhelming. The course is about half open and half technical woods. Scores should be pretty decent at both courses! We also elected to have awards at Disc Side since it's private property we won't have any park rangers to worry about....
Pro's will play first at Craighead, 18 holes, grab FREE lunch then head over to Disc Side for another 18. Am's first round will be at Disc Side, they will travel to Craighead then back to Disc Side for awards, ring of fire, etc. I hate that people have to travel (it's about 15 mins between courses), but this is a trial run using the new course and we are working hard to get it into tournament condition. I sure hope a lot of people come and have a great time at both courses.
September 17, 2013 07:41AM
Thanks for the info Laura!! I am happy to play either course. A 15 minute drive is not bad at all for transit to the 2n round. I have been to tournaments that you had to drive almost 45 minutes to get to the next round. Either way i will be there and having a blast. I look forward to this event and will be happy to see the new course and friendly faces. See you guys soon enough :)

Lecy
September 21, 2013 07:59PM
Is "other pro" pro women?
September 22, 2013 08:07AM
Yes, as far as price. If pro, but Not Pro Open, then "other"....master, grandmaster, women, master women.
September 24, 2013 01:50PM
Danny D.. will yall be going over there for the tournament..... I MIGHT can swing taking that weekend off for a road trip
September 27, 2013 08:56AM
So far, Nine People have pre-paid in person or via PayPal and SAVED $5!!

Ernie Rodriguez -- Pro Master

Daniel Zich -- Adv Master / Advanced (he is looking for a couple more guys to join him in Adv Masters...)
Ben Erwin -- Advanced

Joshua Sandlin -- Interm
Jacob Sandlin -- Interm
Zach Pope -- Interm
Fred Hargett -- Interm

Seth Fendley -- Novice
Emily Sandlin -- Novice

Sponsor money Collected so far from:
Joshua Sandlin
Jacob Sandlin/Arkansas Dental Clinic
CWC Mechanical -Reggie
CWC Mechanical -Paul
Burger King

Still to come:
Therapy (downtown Jonesboro's newest wine bar)
Sport Clips
Shamrock Cabinets
Play-It-Again Sports
and hopefully many more...

PayPal will be available until about Tuesday if you aren't coming up Friday night and still want to save the $5!
September 27, 2013 12:08PM
Sponsor money Collected so far:
Joshua Sandlin -- $25
Jacob Sandlin/Arkansas Dental Clinic -- $100
CWC Mechanical -Reggie -- $200
CWC Mechanical -Paul -- $100
Burger King -- $50
Shamrock Cabinets -- $200
Jeff Jackson -- $20
Bob and Laura Meyers -- $550

Next...?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2013 12:19PM by lmeyers.
September 27, 2013 07:00PM
Add: $50 -- "anonymous"
September 28, 2013 07:31PM
Spinsational Discs (Lori and Dicky Maxwell) -- $100
BudHill (Barbara and Danny Daniels) -- $100

paid entries:
Danny Daniels -- Pro grandmaster/Senior grandmaster
Terry Vogt -- Adv Masters
Lisa Vogt -- Intermed. Women
September 29, 2013 08:51PM
Hey SN golfers... This week- Sept 30 thru Oct 4, Disc Side of Heaven in Jonesboro will be open everyday from 8:00am to 4:00pm! This will be a great time for you to make it to the course to get in a practice round before the Battle in the Boro if you have not played it yet!

On Friday, Oct 4, Registration will begin at 2:00 and Friday night Doubles will be from 2:00 until dark.

For more information about the DSoH, either search for Disc Side of Heaven on Facebook, goto: www.discsideofheaven.com or check out the course page on dgcoursereview

Thanks and hope to see a lot of you this week!
September 29, 2013 11:24PM
I personally can't make the trip this year! I have a wedding to attend......However. Add $25.00 Sponsorship from Disc Golf Arkansas please!

Also, don't forget this is an NPC Qualifier! The top 4 players plus ties will earn their spot to play in the National Players Challenge Championship 2014 in Russellville, Arkansas. Get qualified because you don't want to miss this event!

Thank you Jonesboro Disc Golf for supporting the NPC Tour!
September 30, 2013 08:14AM
GPS DIRECTIONS

For Craighead: 4910 Culberhouse (enter park, turn right at stop sign, left on access road #6 by ball fields)

For Disc Side: 3824 Casey Springs (continue on up to stop sign, go straight, through gate for course entrance)

If anyone has other questions or concerns, email me at LMeyersFDA@yahoo.com or text to 870-530-1005.

See everyone soon!!
September 30, 2013 12:04PM
more $$ collected:

Sports Clips -- $100
Disc Golf AR -- $25
Terry and Lisa Vogt -- $20

Troy Marrs -- Advanced

Thank you !!

You can still PayPal through Tuesday to LMeyersFDA@yahoo.com or pay Friday Night at Disc Side
Entry Fees:
Pro Open - $50
Other Pro - $45
Advanced - $40
Intermediate - $40
Am Women - $30
Novice - $25

$5 Discount if paid by Oct. 4th

The weather outlook is GOOD!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2013 12:07PM by lmeyers.
October 02, 2013 07:33AM
a few more paid!
Jonathan Goff - Advanced
Chris Eads - Open
Hunter Leathers - Open

Lunch has been decided: pork tenderloin sandwiches (smoked on the Big Green Egg) YUM!!
October 02, 2013 01:57PM
I have a few coming up from Little Rock with me. We will be up Friday afternoon with cash in hand and (DSDGA) sponsorship money in hand as well.

James Lecy -- Open
Tony Forrester -- Open
John Mees -- Advanced Men
Joe Grable -- Intermediate
Don Grisham -- Open GM

We will be camping at Craighead Friday night. I cant wait to check out this new course. Thanks again for running the tournament guys and if you need any help at all when we get there just let me know.

Lecy
October 02, 2013 02:24PM
October 02, 2013 02:58PM
Awesome James! Look forward to seeing you all!! I will be at Disc Side about 1:30 Friday, if you need anything, let me know!
October 03, 2013 10:12PM
Registration, check-in and players meeting at Craighead Forest Park Saturday morning.
AM divisions will then head to Disc Side for hole assignments. Lunch at Craighead. Awards at Disc Side.
October 04, 2013 07:34AM
Pre-registration still available today (Friday) from 1:30 - 6 pm at Disc Side course.
Bring your own partner doubles also at Disc Side, flex start 2-6pm. $20/team, Pro or Am division.

No more paypal please, thank you.

A few more paid:
Wes Williams -- Novice
Denise Snedecor -- Am Wom
Josh Morgan -- Interm
Jacob Henson -- Open
Trinity Barnett -- Interm
Danny Garringer -- Adv Mast

Looking pretty outside!
October 04, 2013 05:34PM
I plan to make it over tomorrow. This will be my first time playing these courses. Hope the rain holds off

Matthew Gardner-Advanced
October 04, 2013 08:37PM
great, looking forward to an awesome day!
October 05, 2013 06:18AM
had 15 teams come out yesterday afternoon and tested out the new course. In pro division, Andrea Meyers/Chris Eads won out of the three groups with -10. In AM, team Kenny Hope/Daniel Lee took first with -7, a tie for second of Jordan/Diana Lane and Don Grisham/Matt Loyd, then John Mees/Joe Grabel took fourth. Good job guys!!

See everyone this morning at Craighead!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013