Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"PIRATES for PATRIOTS" 100 Holes in 1 Day Disc-a-Thon for Wounded Warriors Project, Sept. 20, 2014

Posted by "JC" jose cuervo 
WOW, September 20th, 2014 will be here soon and there is much to do to get ready... This will take place at the Fairways of Fairhope disc golf course in Fairhope Alabama, a 20 hole course that is very well maintained...
This will be a team event that will raise money for the WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT... Our goal is to try to raise $6,000 for this great NON-PROFIT organization that helps soldiers coming home that have been wounded while defending OUR freedoms and serving OUR country...
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
The Southern National Board of Directors has voted to allow each player that participates to receive 2 S/N points for playing...
How this works:
Teams (crewes) of up to 5 players will pay only $10 for each team "crewe" to enter the event, this is just to cover the Southern National sanctioning fees..
The event will be limited to a maxium of 60 "crewes"... The reason for this, only three players on each hole will increase the speed of play... We will play 5 rounds NON-STOP in order to get the 100 holes played by each "crewe" completed in a single day... Each "crewe" member will be responsibile for playing at least 1 complete round of 20 holes before the next "crewe" member can start the next round... This way no one gets exausted trying to carry the 100 holes by themselves...
Each "crewe" is asked to find sponsors for their "crewe" for so much per hole played by the "crewe"... For example a "crewe" finds 5 people that will sponsor them for 20 cents per hole played, that is $0.20 x 100 holes = $20.00 that each sponsor will pay.. 5 sponsors x $20.00 = $100.00 the "crewe" raised for WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT... If each "crewe" can raise that amount then
60 "crewes" x $100.00 = $6,000.00... It is just that easy, 10 sponsors at 10 cents per hole , or 4 sponsors at 25 cents per hole, any way the "crewe" can hit the minimum goal of sponsorship of $1 per hole... If a "crewe" can raise more than a dollar per hole that would be even better... The idea is not to just meet the goal of $6,000.00 but to try to exceed it...
Like I stated earlier this will be NON-STOP between rounds, as soon as the first "crewe" member finishes the round the next "crewe" member needs to be ready to tee off and start the second round, and on and on we go till 5 full founds are played... So take a moment to think....
60 "crewes" at up to 5 "crewe" members each will mean 300 players at the course... Because only 60 will be actually playing at any given time there will be lots of time to do other things... I am hoping that some will volunteer to be score keepers in their free time... This would also help to keep the rounds moving a little quicker...
The "crewes" are NOT DIVISIONAL, by that I mean all you need are up to 5 players that want to help raise money for the WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT... A family of 5 could make up a "crewe"... This means EVERYBODY is eligible if they want to play...
Meet my shipmates, they are the BEST ! ! !
I am lucky enough to have the support of some FANTASTIC people from all around the Southern Nationals to help "crewes" get set up and distribute information as it becomes available... They are :
Miss Teresa Key....... Pensacola & Ft. Walton, FL
Joshua Ehmke ......... Birmingham, AL
Brooks Newell .......... Baton Rouge, LA
Zack Hudson ........... Tupelo, MS
Doug Willams ........... Jackson, MS
Eric Day... ... ............Mississippi Gulf Coast
Steven Street............ Fairhope & Baldwin county, AL
A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to each of these people for accepting my request for help...
As you can imagine this will be a lot different event than you are used to participating in... More like A festival day of Disc Golf and that is what i am shooting for.... Lots of fun, socializing, making new friends and spending quality time with old friends from all across the Southern Nationals... I have lots of things planned to keep the day fun and entertaining....
i am already in contact with a couple of the local hotels in Fairhope to arrange special rates for Friday & Saturday night accommodations for those who will be coming in from out of town... This will give you a chance to really enjoy all that Fairhope and the Eastern Shore has to offer... Come on down and make a weekend of helping the WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT...
There is a whole year between now and the "PIRATES for PATRIOTS" event and a lot to get done in the mean time... I would like for everyone to think about who we are doing this for... I'll be getting sponsor information out to my SHIPMATES shortly after the first of the new year... As time grows closer to spring you'll be hearing more and more about what we have planned and i would expect this to fill the 60 "crewes" without any problem so start recruiting crewe members now before some other Capt'n "press gangs" them into his "crewe"...
SPONSORS:
Regions Bank
Mile North Disc Golf (The Vendor for the event)

...more to follow...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
ya'll do realize that i'll be bumping this everyday for the next year to keep it at the top... just saying,,,

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
Yo Lafayette Krewe , y'all want to get in on this?
September 20th, [b]2014[/b] will be here soon

Sure Brooks. Next time, try not to give us such short notice. HAHA
Yeah, I did get it out there a little early, but there is just so much I want to put into this event I needed to make darn sure I locked the date down and the sanctioning also...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
If this link works, it should take you directly to the page for the PIRATES for PATRIOTS on the Wounded Warriors Project website, where your "sponsors" can make their pledges per hole played donations safely prior to the event.. If your "crewe" already has a cool PIRATEY nickname it can be used to indicate which "crewe" they are helping... Man I have a lot to learn about this computer stuff, but I am trying... SSsssoooooo.... Keep getting those "crewes" organized and thinking of a real PIRATEY names for your "crewe", while talking to everyone about participating or pledging to support your "crewe"... Remember, a little means a lot.. A $0.10 per hole pledge = $10.00 donation....
this is NOT for the entry fees into the event... Entry fee of $10 per "crewe" goes to the Southern National DG Series for sanction of the event and will be collected separately as your "crewe" is registered....
[support.woundedwarriorproject.org]
support.woundedwarriorproject.org

[support.woundedwarriorproject.org]
support.woundedwarriorproject.org

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
Well, I've been kind of busy for the last few weeks and the next month will be a lot of overtime at the plant, so my production for this is a little off...
We did receive a nice set of 4 discs from PRODIGY DISCS a few weeks ago and posted pics on facebook... Chris Lambert has donated a beautiful dyed disc with an American Flag dye on it... THANK YOU Chris... If you have items that you would like to donate for prizes please let me know... All donations are truely welcomed and will be used... Keep working on getting your Pirate Crewe put together and thinking about getting commitments from people & businesses to sopnsor your Crewe...
I have decided that I will from my own Crewe, "Capt'n CUERVO & The Seadogs"... If you think you got what it takes to PILLAGE-n-PLUNDER with this infamous Ol' Capt'n then step up and sign the ships manifest...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
thanks B...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun

RTR
Zack Hudson,
your info package went out in todays mail...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
OK, it has been a while and there are updates coming soon... I hope that Crewes are being formed... We are inside the 3 month window for this to happen and Crewes can start lining up their sponsors now... I finally made several solid media contacts so keep your radios on and keep an eye on the TV (I hope)... Here is the link to allow your sponsors to make their donations NOW on WWP's secure website, it's quick, easy and very safe...
https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/individual-fundraising/piratesforpatriots/

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
UPDATE:
well it has been a while so here is the latest...
HOTEL : The HAMPTON INN in Fairhope is giving us a discount rate of $92 plus tax a night for the Friday and Saturday... Call 251-928-0956 and tell them you want the "Wounded Warrior Benefit" discount rate....You need to call the hotel directly to get this rate, DO NOT call the 1-800 number...
The Hampton Inn is also GIVING away a free 2 night stay for me to raffle off at the event...PLEASE help show support to this sponsor, thanks...

REGIONS BANK : I will be setting up a "Not-for-Profit" account on Monday to accommodate cash donations and money raised from raffles. This info will be available for out of town players should you not want to carry cash donations to the event... Send me a PM for more info about making deposits prior to the event date...
REMEMBER THE BEST WAY TO COLLECT IS TO USE THE SECURE DONATION SECTION ON MY PAGE ON THE WWP WEBSITE BELOW...

https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/individual-fundraising/piratesforpatriots/

PRIZES : I'm really working on this area hard to have awards for all who participate... If anyone has connections please pass that info to me or contact them for me on behalf of the event...

MEDIA : This has been like "STACKING GREASY BB's" but I think I am making some progress... Time will tell, if ya see me on the TV ya know I'm getting there... Working on the radio stations too, so keep listening...
... more info in a couple of days...
So mark your calendars and be getting your Crewes together... Let the FUN in fundraising begin...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
Looks like I'll be on TV promoting this event... August 25th on WKRG channel 5 here in Mobile... COOL...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
INNOVA DISCS just told me that they will be donating:

100 Player Pack Bags

100 Innova Can Huggers

100 Innova Stickers

100 Innova Regular Minis

100 Innova Patches

THANK YOU INNOVA DISCS

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
REGIONS Bank has donated one of their "Green" bikes to be raffled off with all the proceeds going to The WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT...
A Very Big THANK YOU to Regions Bank for this gift to the event...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
I want to ride my bicycle...I want to ride my bike.

BMB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013