Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The 12th Annaul Lafayette Late Summer Fest - Heymann Park - Saturday, September 21st

Posted by jacques 
The 12th Annaul Lafayette Late Summer Fest - Heymann Park - Saturday, September 21st
September 09, 2013 10:28PM
The Acadiana Disc Golf Association and The Flight Club Disc Golf League proudly present

Schedule and Format

Saturday, September 21st at Heymann Park. Registration opens at 8:30 AM. A brief players meeting will follow the conclusion of registration and the first round will tee off at 10:00 AM.

All divisions will play the established tees except for novices and juniors who will play shorter "blue" tees on certain holes.

Tee time for the second round will be announced and posted at lunch, once all of the first round score cards have been turned in.

An awards ceremony will follow the second round once the final scores have been tallied. All CTP prizes, awards, merchandise and cash won by players will be presented at the awards ceremony.

Entry Fees

Pro Divisions

Pro Open - $35
Pro Women - $35
Pro Masters - $35
Pro Masters Women - $35
Pro Grandmasters - $35
Pro Senior Grandmasters - $35
Pro Legends - $35

Amateur Divisions

Advanced - $25
Advanced Masters - $25
Am Men - $25
Am Women - $25
Novice - $15
Junior - $15

As a courtesy to players who wish to sign up ahead of time, this event will be listed on the Disc Golf United website. Pre-registration will not be required for this tournament, walk ups Saturday morning are 100% welcome.

Heymann Park is currently Lafayette's most popular course and I am not sure what type of attendance to expect. We will make every effort to accommodate a full house including setting up a few temporary holes.

If it looks like we are beyond capacity for a single pool on a single course, we reserve the right to open up Pa Davis for this event and split into two pools. This would be an absolute last resort.

Extras

CTPs will be out on the course, cash & merchandise.

Vegas style Ace Pots - $1 thru $5. Throw-off (if necessary) will be held while the scores are being tallied after the second round.

Novices and Juniors will receive a free Star or Champion disc of their choice.

Plaques/awards for the top finishers in all divisions will be presented.

Lunch

Lunch will be served free of charge to all players - po-boys, smoked pulled pork nachos, corn maque choux & sodas.

Directions and Contact Information

Take the Highway 90 Exit (Exit 103) off I-10.
Go south Highway 90 (also called Evangeline Thruway) to the intersection of Surrey St.
Turn left on Surrey and travel past the Lafayette Regional Airport.
Continue on Surrey across the small bridge over the Vermillion River.
Approximately one block past this bridge, turn left onto Chargois Springs Rd. which is one of the two entrance roads to the Park.

Heyman Park's address is 1500 South Orange Street Lafayette, LA 70501

The TD is me.

Fee free to contact me at the club's email address acadianadiscgolfassociation@gmail.com with any questions.

Player's Party

Somewhere's Else Bar and Grill will be hosting the player's party once again following the tournament on Saturday night.

They are located literally 20 paces off of hole 17's tee box and they will be offering drink specials and Mr. Carol is cooking roast beef with rice and gravy for dinner so plan on sticking around for a few beverages afterwards.

Of course they will be open all day so feel free to drop in during the round for a refreshment or two.
Re: The 12th Annaul Lafayette Late Summer Fest - Heymann Park - Saturday, September 21st
September 09, 2013 10:37PM
Wish I could make this one. I love Heymann "Disc Golf Course", as I was told to say by Jacques. haha. If you can make this one please go!!!

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Re: The 12th Annaul Lafayette Late Summer Fest - Heymann Park - Saturday, September 21st
September 09, 2013 10:47PM
If you haven't been to Heymann, you are truly missing out on a championship caliber course IMO. It's not our biggest tournament, but you know we mean to please. And we do!!!
September 10, 2013 12:37PM
Online registration is open.

Follow this link to pre-register AND pre-pay...

Disc Golf United

This service is provided as a convenience for the players who wish to have everything squared away before the tournament, however it is not required.

Walk ups will be accepted Saturday morning starting at 8:30 AM and lasting until approximately 9:30.

Plan to join the fun in Lafayette on the 21st!
September 10, 2013 09:08PM
Going to try something different and hopefully fun at this tournament.

I assume everyone knows how a football pool works. If not, read this and educate yourself.

We will be running a Pro Open pool at the Late Summer Fest that will work just like a football pool except for what the numbers represent.

In this pool, instead of one team across the top and the other team down the side, the first round score to par will be across the top and the second round score to par will be down the side. Par will be considered as three strokes per hole.

We will fill it out just like a normal 100 square football pool, draw the numbers and then play the tournament. The winner's score in Pro Open will be used to determine who wins.

For example, let's say Gino Schmenaka wins Pro Open with a score of 99 for the day. He shoots -3 the first round and -6 the second round. The person whose square lines up with 3 on the top line and 6 on the side wins. If scores for either round are double digits, the last number will be used for the pool, so a -10 will count as 0 for the pool.

Squares will cost $2/ea and assuming the board sells out, there will be $200 in the pot. The winning square wins $100 and the winning player in Pro Open whose score gets used for the pool wins the other $100.

All players will be eligible to participate in this.

Any questions?
September 12, 2013 01:13PM
Well I am all paid up and ready to go!
September 12, 2013 10:02PM
CTPs so far include..

> A free night's stay at the Holiday Inn Holidome in Lafayette, courtesy of Shawn Johnson.
> Two $25 gift cards to Bass Pro Shops
> Discs from Dynamic
> Discs from Vibram
> Discs from Innova
> Five $20 cash

Enough for every hole that it makes sense to put a CTP on.
September 13, 2013 09:44PM
Lafayette's having a tournament at Heymann next weekend?!?!?!?

Interesting. Very interesting.
September 14, 2013 10:58PM
We'll be there!! gonna be awesome
Looking forward to it. Favorite course. Td of the year. What more could anyone ask for?
September 15, 2013 07:17PM
I'll be working next Saturday as usual and I just got off the phone with Marvin who, as you may already know, developed a really bad case of Osteoarthritis. He's unable to play for a while and we had a nice discussion on our ailments as old people tend to do!

He said the tell everybody that he misses us and considers Lafayette his Disc Golf home. He said David is on vacation and won't be back for the tournament either so that leaves a shortage of Sr. G.M.'s too, unless some of those old guys start acting their age!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2013 07:18PM by misterbogey.
September 15, 2013 11:50PM
I will be there, I am paid up, via DGU.
Jacques,
would you be willing to do a 50/50 raffle, to raise money for states?
I have the raffle tickets and supplies.
Let me know thx

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
I figured it was a good time, being the week of the tournament to update the schedule page for this fine event. People still do read the schedule page believe it or not!

Hopefully the new control freaks won't get too upset :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2013 04:32PM by Bluff Magee.
September 16, 2013 04:47PM
Will miss seeing all the wise men at this one! Hope you get to feeling better Marvin!

See everyone else Saturday! How am I gonna make kickoff LSU vs Auburn?

September 16, 2013 09:01PM
If I recall correctly, Somewhere Else Bar and Grill has a big screen that you can catch the game, while you play some pool, a game of bourre or poker and enjoy some adult beverages at the players party.
September 17, 2013 01:35PM
Well 50 yd line might be better!
September 17, 2013 11:08PM
Ladies and gentlemen, my apologies. I have been "offline" for a few days and see that I missed a few things.

@Joe - please extend my wishes to Mr. Marvin for a speedy recovery

@Mike - thank you sir! Much obliged.

@Ryan - a cash raffle is fine, we will do one big one for both LA States & the Support an Angel Benefit

@Mongrel - David knows what he is talking about. I guarantee I will have the tournament wrapped up and have my carcass parked on a stool at Somewhere's Else watching the Tigers. Hope everyone can join us and John Bowden said to remind y'all that whatever you do, PLEASE don't make him play cards for money. HAHAHA
September 18, 2013 07:45AM
Did something a little different for the awards this time...

First place in all pro divisions and top three in all other divisions win some funky, cool looking artwork.

If you haven't been to Heymann Park before, it is really a scenic course. There are old growth live oaks (150+ years) on many of the holes and some of the biggest bald cypress trees that you'll see anywhere. Water hazards and OB abound but nothing ridiculous. Under par is very doable but you've got to earn a really hot round by not making mistakes and probably sinking a few long putts. It isn't the most challenging course you'll ever play but it isn't an easy win either and it has a high "fun factor". Tee boxes are currently all natural so plan your footwear accordingly.

Don't forget we are feeding lunch at the tournament - po boys, smoked pulled pork nachos & corn maque choux, plus Carol is cooking dinner at the player's party so come play some golf with your friends and fill your belly too.
September 18, 2013 09:35AM
awesome art work!

thanks for the response Jacques, mongrel extraordinare!

i hope to make it to game in person so don't think me rude when I leave in a hurry!

Awsome jacques! Wonder who is gonna win open this year, heard some big name namea might show up :p

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
September 19, 2013 07:10AM
As of right now, there is no less than a 50% chance of rain - how's that for optimism.

Also on the bright side - if it does rain, we'll have the park to ourselves!

By big names, Nick means lots of letters and syllables so yeah, James Troyanowski is a big name that may show up for the tournament this weekend and play Open.
September 19, 2013 01:26PM
Just encase anyone else would like to pre-register. Here is the link one more time [www.discgolfunited.com]
September 19, 2013 03:22PM
Hate I'm gonna miss this one. Great events you guys have down there.
September 19, 2013 11:06PM
Zack, Lafayette to Tupelo is one LONG ride buddy. We enjoy seeing our friends from north MS but I surely understand that it is a once in a while trip.
Dex
September 20, 2013 07:55AM
Looking forward to tomorrow, Heyman is a Beautiful Park, Lafayette is cool and even ''Cooler'' people

plus Y'all have Prejeans, are you kidding me!!!!!!

See you tomorrow Brother

Dex
September 20, 2013 12:30PM
Dex, I called the National Weather Service and they said that 80% chance of rain was a typo. It is supposed to be an 8% chance.
Dex
September 20, 2013 12:39PM
Not going to rain tomorrow

Got the word from a good Friend of a good Friend of Alex Van Halen

No Rain Saturday

Dex
September 20, 2013 05:43PM
It actually does look like it's going north a little.

local radar
September 20, 2013 07:35PM
The rain on the plains falls mainly in Spain.

And Opelousas.
September 20, 2013 09:33PM
Up to 1" of rain total forecast for Saturday in Lafayette, which is not bad.
It could drizzle all day and playing conditions would still be fine as long as we don't get what is hitting Houston
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013