Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The 12th Annaul Lafayette Late Summer Fest - Heymann Park - Saturday, September 21st

Posted by jacques 
Re: The 12th Annaul Lafayette Late Summer Fest - Heymann Park - Saturday, September 21st
September 20, 2013 09:44PM
Pick you up a pair of Delcambre Reeboks

and head on over to Lafayette tomorrow.
Re: The 12th Annaul Lafayette Late Summer Fest - Heymann Park - Saturday, September 21st
September 20, 2013 10:19PM
We're tougher than the nfl!!! No lightning delays 'round here!!!
September 21, 2013 08:53AM
Clear skies in Lafayette. Not too late to get on the road.
bummer I had to miss this one...waiting for my new tires right now. the old one wouldn't have got me that far!
September 21, 2013 08:22PM
I can't believe we didn't get more rain than that. Great tournament. I think we all learned a valuable lesson today.

Never take Ski's phone calls.
September 22, 2013 09:29PM
Thanks to everybody who showed up and stuck around for a waterlogged day of Disc Golf although it could have been much worse, as in "cancel the tournament" worse. Especially grateful to Shane, Randy and Jon who all travelled great distances despite a bad looking forecast.

Also thanks to Pat, Randy, John, Ryan, Nick, Judd, David, Connie & Robbie for helping get everything set up and get everybody registered. Thanks to Gregula for handling scorecards both rounds and thanks to everybody who helped break everything down and get the trailer loaded afterward. I was on the road in 15 minutes after the ring of fire which is the fastest ever.

We had no rain at all during the first round, light drizzles during lunch, moderate rain during part of the second round and a mist during the ace pot throw off & the awards. Contrast that with areas just to the west of us that received over 15 inches in 24 hours and I would say we really lucked out.

This tournament and the recent SNDC underscored the need for cement boxes at Heymann and that will surely be our next major project.

Here are the results. Please review them for spelling errors and scoring inaccuracies. Once a few days pass, I will submit them for official posting if everything looks OK.

Not included in the financials is the free lunch that everybody ate, the CTPs or the rings-of-fire because I didn't record who won what for either of these. I valued the trophies at $10/ea which I think is fair. One could safely say lunch was worth $5 a head and there were $330 worth of discs and other prizes won as CTPs and ROF awards, leaving $600 of unaccounted event value.

Charlee Swain won the ace pot throw off (at least $100)

One of the novice players (I think Ashley Stiles) won the 50/50 raffle which raised some money for both the La State Championship and the Support an Angel benefit.

Ben Thompson won the pro player football style pool which seemed to go over pretty well once everybody understood what was going on.

Logan & Josh tied and Logan won in a playoff. They divided up the first & second place cash plus the $100 from the pool between themselves and I'm not sure if they split it equally. If one of them could comment on this, I will gladly change the results sheet to reflect their actual winnings.

Besides the weather, the only SNAFU was the CTPs. I intended to have the CTPs given to the top four names on each one. There were markers on only three holes, but this would have meant 12 CTPs would have been given out. Only one person marked one of them and only two people marked the others so all the CTP stuff just rolled over to the ring of fire. Oh well.

I am sure there are some discs in the swamp and in the river. If you lost it in the swamp, post here and we will try to find it and get it back to you. If it is in the river, it is gone pecan.

Looking forward to the next event in Lafayette - the Mid Winter Open this January at Pa Davis.
Jacques,

I lost a yellow Mamba on hole 10 about 3/4 of the way to the basket. It hit a tree after the debris pile and went in the pond. It looked like it would be within about 5-6 feet of the bank. I would LOVE, LOVE to have this one back.

Thanks,
Deb
Adele and I are off work this Friday so we are going to try to fish out some discs from the pond at Heymann. Last time, we tried waders and it was very difficult to move around in there. I'm talkin' 12" of water and 24" of mud, and I wasn't even close to the deep part. This time we are going to put a kayak in and sight-fish for discs. Any disc we find that has a phone number on it, we will call and leave a message. If no number or no answer, we will give the disc to Jacques for distribution.

If anyone can can remember where they lost a disc, mention it on here or PM me and I'll go look in that specific area.

-
Jared
Is that the same guy who shot a 147 in intermediate that's wanting to play me for $1,000? LOL
Dillon, if you were there, you would if shot a 160 with the conditions out there, shut your potty lips.

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
September 23, 2013 04:14PM
Yep, and he lost to a 10 year old by 14 strokes!
Nick you must be cofused. I wasn't talking about the pro open loser!
September 23, 2013 04:52PM
did everyone play the same tees or was there some alt. tees for jrs. and am women?

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
September 23, 2013 05:32PM
Novices and juniors had short tees on the 400+ foot holes. Everybody else played the regular tees which were offset to get on the grass and out of the mud as much as possible.

Tee conditions were bad and the fairways had standing water in many places. The front came through during the second round and the wind picked up to around 15MPH which has the potential to add many strokes to your score at Heymann.
I think I'm gonna quit playing tournaments and just caddy instead. I had a great time caddying for Silas Shultz 2nd round he is a really smart and funny kid. I believe I helped him out a good bit too, he was the only AM to actually improve his score 2nd round in much tougher conditions. He has a great game, just needs to learn a little course management, I had to give him a rough time on some shots but he knew I was just joking with him. Only a couple more years and ill be hoping to be able to compete against him.
October 22, 2013 01:43PM
Thanks for all the work that you guys do over there.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
October 23, 2013 11:54AM
results posted

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013