Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Announcing the 16th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic

Posted by DG Guy 
Announcing the 16th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic
September 11, 2013 11:11AM

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
jcb
Re: Announcing the 16th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic
September 11, 2013 01:09PM
I will be posting some more details in a couple of days when I get a few things worked out. Trying to come up with an option for lunches and some players pack items for the amateur divisions, although, Mr. Nathan Broussard has donated enough Field and Stream socks to give two pairs to each player including pros. Give him a big thank you when you see him. I also got a hole sponsorship from Rocket City Chain in the amount of $25 and would like to thank them also for their generous donation. I am hoping to gather up enough sponsorship so we can at least have a final 6 holes for the top 5 scores in any pro division. Any money I get after having enough for the finals will be used as added cash spread throughout divisions or to cover some of the fees depending on the amounts I receive. BTW, this can only happen if I get some cash donations which is what I need at this moment so I am looking for hole sponsors. They are $25 dollars per hole and are much appreciated. Anybody interested just contact me by phone, email, or on facebook.

James Burton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2013 01:11PM by jcb.
September 11, 2013 08:56PM
Look forward to this one. Are the baskets in the locations that they will be in for the tournament?
jcb
September 11, 2013 10:07PM
Hey Derrick I really have no idea what position the baskets are currently in but I plan on going over to the park soon to make sure they are all where I want them. I will post as soon ad that happens but it will at least be after the weekend.
September 12, 2013 12:07AM
Ok sounds good.
September 12, 2013 02:32PM
majority of the warrior ridge baskets are in the close position.
jcb
September 13, 2013 11:39AM
I will be down there on Sunday and plan on moving all the pins in tournament positions.
September 13, 2013 11:58AM
Thanks for stepping up and being the TD James. My only grandbaby is having her 1st birthday party on the 12th, so guess where I'll be. Contact me if you need any supplies.
jcb
September 14, 2013 10:20PM
No problem Mac. I think I have everything I need. Only thing I thought about is another leaderboard in case I have more than one pool.
September 14, 2013 10:47PM
Are the baskets being moved tomorrow?
September 16, 2013 07:57AM
Hole 11 is a beast now.... they added another new placement for it.
jcb
September 16, 2013 08:10AM
As of now all the baskets are in the tournament positions. As Dustin stated there is a new basket location on hole 11 at Warriors Ridge if anyone wants to practice it. It is now a dogleg right and it is a beast of a hole.
September 16, 2013 08:47AM
Will there be a mandatory on that hole in the tournament? You can almost reach the hole if you go to the right. but it is a tight shot and the first time I tried it, I hit the first tree off the teepad.
September 16, 2013 10:33AM
I played warrior this morning and really enjoyed the new basket placements. I didn't know how to play 11. I saw pink tape on a tree that I thought may be a mando so I played it both ways. If it is a mando it makes it impossible to get a 2 and kinda makes it boring because all you have to do is throw straight twice and your there. Without a mando it creates many different possibilities of reaching the basket including a monster anhyzer which is what I done this morning and got there but barely missed my birdie putt. Either way its my favorite hole on the course now.
jcb
September 16, 2013 04:19PM
That hole will not have a mando but it is gonna have the teebox moved up about ten feet that takes a shot to the right out of play. Jack plans on doing that before the tournament. We will probably be having a workday next weekend out there to fix that tee along with a few other things I found that needed done.
jcb
September 16, 2013 05:32PM
Just wanted to update some of my info I have up to this point in time.

Park Accomodations:

Camping: Regular campsites with water and electricity are $18.00 a night. Primitve camping is available for $13 a night. All camping will be paid for at the park office at the entrance.
Group huts and old bunk houses: $8 a night. If you are staying in a bunkhouse that can be paid to me as you register for the tournament or sometime before you leave.

Park Vendor fees: If you plan to sell any merchandise at this event you must pay a $35 vendor fee to the park.

Liability waiver: Everyone must sign a waiver of liability when registering stating that I, James Burton, nor the park is responsible for anything that may happen to you while you are attending this tournament. You must sign this or you will not play!

Tournament Info:

To sponsor a hole they are $25 each and are greatly appreciated and highly encouraged. Sponsorship money can be sent through paypal friends and family to jcburton1@comcast.net. Please include the name of sponor in the comments when sending. If your company or club has a logo they want printed on a tee sign they can also be sent by email to the same address.

The first 50 amateurs, and by this I mean all amateur divisions, will receive at the least one Dynamic Discs lucid plastic disc of their choice, a custom made bag tag donated by Amy's Artistic Impressions, and two pair of Field and Stream socks donated by Nathan Broussard. Every other player, including pros will also receive two pair of socks.

Preregistration: If anyone wants to preregister for this event you can do so two ways: You can register through paypal friends and family by sending the money to jcburton1@comcast.net. Please include your name and division in the comments. Checks can be sent by snail mail to:
James Burton
1809 Cole Ave.
Florence,Alabama 35630

Payout deductions: These are the deductions that will be taken from each entry:
$3 park fee for reserving the courses
$2 Southern National santioning fee
Other expenses that can or may be deducted:
Printing(flyers,leaderboard cards,sponsor signs, etc.
Cost of plaques
Players packs(amateur divisions only)

There will be an optional ace pot that will be $3.

Preregisteration ends on Saturday October 7. Please do not send any more funds after this date to me as I have the right to deny them.

I will be down on Friday and will set up in the cafeteria for a while so people can register. I will post the times on that as it gets closer.

We will be playing two rounds on Saturday and one round on Sunday and will be playing all three courses. There is a possibility of a final six skin holes following the round on Sunday but only if I have enough sponsorship money to cover it.It will be for the 5 lowest scores in any pro division if played.

Tournament day Saturday Oct. 12th:

Registration will be from 8:00 a.m.-9:00a.m. I will cut registration off at exactly 9:00 am so don't be late or you won't play.

Players meeting will begin at 9:15 am and is mandatory to attend!

First round will begin at a given time shortly following the players meeting.

Lunch break will be immediately following the first round and will last at least one hour after the last scorecard is turned in to me.

Second round will begin right after one hour lunch break.

Sunday Oct. 13th:

Tee off will be at exactly 9:00 am.

If there is a finals on Sunday we will take a lunch break before it begins and I will wait until then to post times for finals, awards, etc.

Any further info or questions can be directed to me at any of my contact info.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2013 06:00PM by jcb.
jcb
September 16, 2013 08:23PM
Thanks to Dynamic Discs for providing me with some sweet plastic for the players packs and some of the prizes. They also threw in Dynamic Discs koozies for the first 75 registered people and a Commander Bag and Straps I will be giving away to some lucky person. If your ever in need of discs golf supplies and want great prices and top notch customer service check them out at dynamicdiscs.net.

I would also like to thank Bill McCarty for his prize donations that I will also be throwing in the mix somehow. He also made some sweet plaques for this tournament and made me a nice flyer in a moments notice. Next time you see him thank him for all he does for disc golf.
jcb
September 18, 2013 09:18AM
I would like to thank Kathy Johnson for her generous donation of a $40 hole sponsor. That puts us halfway there to have a finals for the pros.
September 20, 2013 08:15AM
Derrick, No Mando
September 21, 2013 01:55AM
not gonna pirate a thread for this event,but, I promise you. NOTHING was donated. you paid for some peoples donations..... LOL.. please if its "DONATED DISC".. make sure they do NOT have another persons name in the bottom.....just saying... PICKWICK..USED SIGNED DISC IN PAYOUT.....Sorry, Bill, but you tore a hole in my trust. ..... just saying.
September 21, 2013 07:16AM
Bill is not hosting this event.
jcb
September 23, 2013 07:51AM
Flick McWraith I do have items DONATED for the players packs. The socks were donated by Nathan Broussard and 50 bag tags are being donated by Amys Artistic Impressions. The discs are not being donated and I clearly stated above that they may be deducted from am payout.Bill is not running this event so quit hyjacking this forum with your bs. If you have something to say to Bill send him a pm and keep it off of this tournament forum!
September 24, 2013 08:43PM
Well said Mr. Burton. Maybe this north end of a south bound mule will get the picture.
Anonymous User
September 24, 2013 08:59PM
^ LOL
September 26, 2013 07:47AM
Hey flick, your name starts with Pr not fl and GET OVER IT!!!
September 26, 2013 07:52AM
Oh and I am donating 10 Vibram disc and some other stuff (minis, stickers, Birdie bags...)
jcb
September 26, 2013 07:53AM
I will be at Tishomingo this Saturday to do some work on the courses if anyone wants to help. I should be there sometime around 10:00 am.
September 28, 2013 05:26AM
Sponsors to date: First American National Bank $50.00, Big Star (Belmont, MS) $25.00, Bancorpsouth $50.00. More to come! Make plans to attend the 16th Annual Fall Classic. There will be special "Sweet Sixteen" drawings throughout the weekend for the "Ladies".
jcb
September 30, 2013 01:59PM
Things have worked itself out now to where I will be having a final 6 skins for the lowest 5 scores in any pro division. There will be minimum payout of $25 per hole and this final 6 does not count towards the tournament scores. It is an added bonus payout for those who have played well. This finals will take place approximately 30 minutes after I receive the last scorecard from the final round.

I would also like to make people aware that because of the vendor fees that have to be payed now that I have not secured a vendor for lunches and people will be responsible for feeding themselves. I know that places to eat are pretty scarce in the area around the park so I wough highly suggest bringing a lunch with you. Please spread the word to people in your area that attend this event about this so they will not show up expecting there to be food served like it has been previously done.

Combined sponsorship list as of 9/30:

Prize sponsors:
Dynamic Discs
Nathan Broussard
Amy's Artistic Impressions
Bill McCarty
Jack White

Cash Sponsors:
Rocket City Chain Gang $25
Kathy Johnson $40
First American National Bank $50
Big Star (Belmont,MS) $25
Bankcorpsouth $50

As Bill stated above he has some special drawings for the ladies who attend. I also will be giving away a Dynamic Discs Commander Bag and backpack straps at the awards ceremony to some lucky person, all you have to do is enter the tournament and you will be given a ticket for your chance to win. You must be present at the awards ceremony to win the bag and straps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2013 02:00PM by jcb.
jcb
September 30, 2013 02:05PM
Myself, Jack White, Kevin and Kyle Boatwright, along with Bill Brekeen and his park staff got some work done on several of the tee boxes this weekend at Tuska run. It is a major improvement and we plan on doing a few more this coming Saturday. Thanks to all of you guys for helping out and to anyone who is free and don't mind lending a hand we can always use more help this coming Saturday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013