Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Announcing the 16th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic

Posted by DG Guy 
Anonymous User
Re: Announcing the 16th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic
September 30, 2013 08:44PM
Looks like this is shaping up to be a great event.
October 01, 2013 07:26AM
Found another half dozen pieces of carpet (brings the count to around10), so the need might be covered for the "Tee Need"!
October 04, 2013 06:45AM
Work for Sat is still Tee on Tuska and dropping some trees on the Ridge
October 05, 2013 07:36AM
I'll be there around 9 doing tees by Myself, a lil help would be Nice! should start on ridge #11, but They will Know at the front office.
October 06, 2013 09:36AM
I got a lot done Yesterday, but could still use one more day of WORK!!! Three courses are a lot to Prep!!!
October 07, 2013 12:50PM
Any grandmasters playing this weekend? I'd really like to come out for this one if the weather holds out. Not up for playing in the rain, plus, I want to get home for UNA's homecoming game Saturday night.
October 07, 2013 06:15PM
Jack, Park Staff worked on tee boxes today! Can you think of anything in particular that needs attention that we may be overlooking? Let me know! Russ, the forecast looks virtually rain free with a chance Sunday evening. It looks like we will finally be blessed with some decent weather for the Classic. We all must be living right! Everyone make plans to make this one and don't forget we will have some "Sweet Sixteen" Special Drawings for the Ladies that compete. Hope to see everyone at "beautiful" Tishomingo State Park this weekend for the Fall Classic!
jcb
October 08, 2013 08:01AM
Bill, did they spray the boxes at all courses? They really need it on all of them if not.
October 08, 2013 08:28AM
Russ,

Dave Dunham said something about going. I'm still undecided, but not a GM.

What's the camping like there, good spots? grills? firepits? decent bathrooms?
October 08, 2013 09:31AM
Thomas, they have good camping spots and bathrooms. Don't recall the grills or firepits, but I think there are grills. Bill Breckeen can chime in on that one. Would love to play with Dave again.
jcb
October 08, 2013 12:26PM
There are grills and fire pits at the campsites.
October 08, 2013 04:11PM
Who do we reserve a cabin with. I know Bill had always taken care of those things in the past and we would just pay him at sign up.
October 08, 2013 06:04PM
James Burton (TD) will assume those duties just as Bill did in the past. He will be available Friday evening (Group Camp Dining Hall) to sign players up and to assign Group Huts (Old and New). There are no Family Cabins available and very few standard campsites are still open. Primitive campsites are still available. We are getting overflow from the closed federal campgrounds so our occupancy will be unusually high this weekend. A few more sponsorships collected today with a few due tomorrow. Weather forecast looking "Great"!
October 08, 2013 06:15PM
Thanks for stepping up in Bills absence guys. We are bringing a crew from Memphis. Count GrassRoots in for $25 sponorship. Ill give it to James at signup.
jcb
October 09, 2013 08:31AM
I would like to thank Grass Roots Disc Golf for their generous donation of a $25 hole sponsorship. If you are in Memphis and needing disc golf supplies look them up. They have a great selection of stuff to chose from.

Looks like we will have quite a bit of added cash now as sponsorships have been rolling in the past couple of days. Gonna be great weather all weekend. Hope to see a bunch of golfers on Saturday!
DJ
October 09, 2013 09:53AM
Looking like it's going to be a good one. Wish I didn't have to work Saturday, I wanna try those new warrior ridge holes and the players pack is awesome.
October 09, 2013 12:46PM
Added cash is good and I'm guessing it will be spread proportionally among the pro divisions, if there ARE other pro divisions. I want to come, but want to play grandmasters. Will consider pro master, but not to keen on playing open. Would just hang out and help if no old guys show up. Don't think I'm eligible to play advanced masters. I know I haven't cashed in the last two tournaments, but not sure about four, IF that's even the rule these days. Been out of the loop.

rWc3523

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2013 01:02PM by Russ3523.
jcb
October 09, 2013 03:16PM
Russ I have had a couple of pro masters tell me they are coming. Not sure on grandmasters.
jcb
October 09, 2013 09:09PM
I plan on setting up in the cafeteria on Friday afternoon to register people from 4:00pm-6:00pm. If anyone showing up later than this time wants to sign up I will be staying in grouphut 31 and you can catch up with me there also to sign up. I would like to get as many people signed up on Friday as possible to save me some time on Saturday morning plus the ams may want to get signed up to get the best choice of discs for the players packs.

So far I have two people preregistered so I have 48 players packs left. After 50 ams sign up the next 25 will still receive the socks and koozies but no disc or bagtag. Anybody after that will only receive the socks.

The discs I have to chose from for the players packs are Dynamic Discs Lucid plastic in the following molds: Trespass, Escape, Truth, Suspects and Fugitives.
jcb
October 09, 2013 09:14PM
Also I would like to thank my friend Jack White for the Vibram discs he is donating to the tournament but most of all for what all work he has done to get these courses ready for this event. He did some major improvements to a bunch of the tee boxes. When you see him thank him for all his hard work.
October 10, 2013 10:22AM
Sponsorship Update: Sunflower Grocery (Tishomingo) $50.00, Fairless Hardware (Tishomingo) $30.00, First American National Bank $50.00, BancorpSouth $50.00, Big Star Grocery $25.00. Hope to see everyone at the Fall Classic!
October 10, 2013 01:04PM
Nice work, Bill, James and always, Jack White!

Looking forward to it.

russ3523
October 10, 2013 02:27PM
I'll be there

Matthew Gardner adv

Will also donate a civil war disc for a ctp
jcb
October 10, 2013 08:05PM
Updated Sponsor list:

Prize Sponsors:
Dynamic Discs
Nathan Broussard
Amy's Artistic Impressions
Bill McCarty
Jack White

Cash Sponsors:
Rocket City Chain Gang $25
Kathy Johnson $40
First American National Bank $50
Bancorpsouth $50
Big Star, Belmont, MS $25
Grass Roots Disc Golf $25
Sunflower Grocery $50
Fairless Hardware $30

I am using $125 sponsorship money for the final six skins and will be adding the rest into the payout as added cash for the pros. Looks like it is gonna be a great turnout fron all the contacts I have had the past couple of days. The weather is looking great also. Gonna be a good weekend I do believe!

I plan on leaving the house in the morning and will be down there sometime before lunch. I will be out on the courses putting up sponsor signs and such throughout the day and if you can catch up with me then you can go ahead and register to assure you get a players pack. I still plan on setting up in the cafeteria registering people from 4-6:00 pm and you can also catch up with me in group hut 31 if you get there after 6:00 pm and still wanna get registered.

As of today I have 5 people registered so I now have 45 players packs still available.
October 10, 2013 08:39PM
JCB, what weights are the Tresspass disc? Im currently testing some of them DYnamic disc. I'd prefer a lighter mid to upper 160 weight trespass, Ill be up Friday before you leave
jcb
October 10, 2013 11:27PM
I have a variety of different weights in all the discs I am offering. Most are mid 160's up to max weight. Also I have more Trespasses, Escapes, and Truths than any other molds since those seem to be the most popular molds of Dynamic Discs.
jcb
October 11, 2013 08:58AM
I need to thank Jim Orum and Skysouth for providing me with some sweet prizes once again. Jim does so much for the Southern Nationals and goes out of his way to help td's out. When you see Jim thank him for all he does for disc golf.

I also need to thank Sunflower Grocery and Fairless Hardware for their generous donations. If you get a chance stop by and tell them thank you for supporting disc golf.

I am headed out to Tishomingo within the next hour as soon as get my last few things packed up. Can't wait to see everyone. Gonna be a great weekend!
October 11, 2013 01:53PM
Gary Wagoner and I are coming to populate the Grandmaster field.
October 11, 2013 02:54PM
Byron Wood Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gary Wagoner and I are coming to populate the
> Grandmaster field.

That's great, Byron. Looking forward to it.

rWc3523
October 12, 2013 09:29PM
84 players. Great weather, good groups in Grandmaster. Have no idea who all the leaders are, but I know Rich McMorran from Memphis has Grandmaster and Robbie Harris is leading Advanced. Mandy Sharp has pro women. I had to leave early to make the UNA Homecoming game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013