Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Announcing the 16th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic

Posted by DG Guy 
Re: Announcing the 16th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic
October 13, 2013 10:10AM
Any updates?

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
jcb
October 13, 2013 05:59PM
I just got home and I am wore out. Hope everyone had a good time. We had 84 players in attendance and beautiful weather all weekend.I will work on the results tomorrow when I get these old bones a little rest.

Winners were:
Open: Drew Sockwell
Pro Women: Mandy Sharp
Pro Master Women: Vicki Palmer
Pro Grandmaster: Rich McMorran
Advanced Men: Jon Baccus
Advanced Master: Kevin Psycho White
Intermediate Men: Adam Olson
Intermediate Women: Callie McMorran
October 14, 2013 05:14AM
Just wanted to thank James again for running the Fall Classic! Great Job! Also, as always Jack White for his tireless efforts to keep the courses tournament ready. Thanks to Will Corey for assisting with the finals and everyone that helped make the tourney a success. We were blessed with "Great" weather which allowed play on all three courses. The 84 in attendance was our second largest field for a Fall Classic only to the 13th Annual which fielded 98 players. Hope to see everyone in January 2014 for the Ice Bowl! Bill M. "We missed you man" !
October 14, 2013 06:08AM
If Adam Olson won free as a breeze and accepted the trophy at it. He was not eligible to play intermediate in this event.
October 14, 2013 07:11AM
Great job MR. Burton. Had a blast at this event. Player's packs were really nice and was happy to see that the value of them wasn't jacked up like it normally is by others. Great weather and super cool people on all my cards. Park was in great shape..as always.
October 14, 2013 09:04AM
Adam Olson has been disqualified from the Tishomingo Fall Classic. TD has been contacted

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
jcb
October 14, 2013 09:07AM
If anybody knows Adam Olson please tell him he needs to contact me immediately at 256-627-1867. Thanks!
October 14, 2013 09:10AM
Great tournament, James!

In the Pro Grand Masters Division Rich McMorran left the other 6 of us in the dust leading by 10 strokes after the second round leaving me, Russ Cory and Tommy Jones in a 3 way tie for second. I love playing with the GM's; an easy going fun group of guys who know that it's only a game.

Gary Wagoner
October 14, 2013 09:50AM
Likewise, Gary. Had a great time playing with you, Rich, Tommy, Kyle Boatwright and Byron Wood. Good seeing JT Rosenthal again, but we never played a round together. I think I spent too much time trying to stick with you and Tommy the last round. We almost got caught by Kyle in the second group. Very happy to cash in my first tournament in 11/2 year.

russ3523
October 14, 2013 10:01AM
Big Thanks to Chef, Jack, The Park Ranger & all others that made this wonderful event possible!
jcb
October 14, 2013 11:27AM
Because of the disqualification the winner in Intermediate is Bryan Drewery. I have already contacted him to congratulate him on his win and we have come to an agreement of the adjustment of his winnings. I will be contacting the other players who may be short winnings because of this.
October 14, 2013 12:04PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2013 12:04PM by dustin morris.
October 14, 2013 12:51PM
Might want to check his stats to. He placed 2nd at the bag tag challenge in tupelo last year in advanced.
October 14, 2013 01:12PM
James, you should have let Justin do a background check on all the intermediate players prior to the tournament. Apparently the honor system isn't working and who has time on tournament day to check the status of EVERY intermediate player during registration?
jcb
October 14, 2013 01:12PM
I did check his stats Dustin Morris and the tournament you speak of he did not cash even though he got second. THERE WAS ZERO PAYOUT IN THAT EVENT. I have already straightened the results of the Tishomingo tournament out and I would appreciiate if stop trolling this thread. You was not part of this tournament, you were not there, it is not your job to police the Southern Nationals and I have had it with your trolling. I have a lot more choice words for you the next time I see you but I will wait on that before I get banned for saying something. There are a few people on these forums that have ruined it for everyone else and are one of them. YOU ALONG WITH A COUPLE OF OTHERS IS WHY NO ONE READS THESE FORUMS ANYMORE! GO AWAY TROLL!
October 14, 2013 01:57PM
Not trying to troll. Just making sure everyone is eligible. You can say your choice words towards me. I wasn't trying to say anything bad about the event. I heard all good things about the event and I tried my best to make the event. I am sorry if you feel this way. We have a lot of bagging in intermediate, and I am proud that you are the first to stand up for it. I actually thought that the tupelo event was a trophy only. That's why I said might want to check.
October 14, 2013 01:58PM
Thanks to James B, jack w, and tishomingo park for all the hard work and time it takes to have such an amazing weekend. I always enjoy tournaments getting to make new friends and visit with the old ones
October 14, 2013 10:19PM
It was brought to our attention this morning while going through results of tournaments and posts in threads (Ryan Niccolini) that a player, Adam Olson, played in the incorrect division of Intermediate. Mr, Olson had previously cashed in a tournament in the Advanced division. By rule Mr.Olson must play in four consecutive SN sanctioned events in the advanced division without cashing again to move back down to the intermediate division. This did not happen. The TD was informed of this broken rule this morning and got in touch with Mr. Olson. He was asked to give all of the winnings back, plaque included, so they could be sent to the second place finisher.

We, along with Mr. Burton(TD), have decided to give Mr. Olson until Wednesday, October, 23rd, 2013 to return the plaque and the $84 in winnings (Cash or exact prize winnings). If this happens he will be on a 90 Day probation from the SN. If he does not comply he will be banned for 90 Days from all SN events. After his ban he will still receive a 90 probation. This message will be on this site and has been sent to Mr.Olson via Facebook PM.

Mr. Olson was disqualified in said event, forfeited his entry fee, has to return winnings acquired from cheating, and will not be given any SN points for participation from the event. The event stats will reflect this DQ.

FYI: Mr. Olson was contacted by Mr. Burton this morning. When he was asked to return the undeserved winnings, Mr. Olson told Mr. Burton that he had already given away the $84 in prizes.

This action will not be tolerated. Mr. Burton has done nothing wrong and should not be looked at as if he has. I hope for Mr. Olson's sake he does the right thing so we all can get past this incident.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
October 14, 2013 10:31PM
Really?

bigal5657 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was brought to our attention this morning while
> going through results of tournaments and posts in
> threads (Ryan Niccolini) that a player, Adam
> Olson, played in the incorrect division of
> Intermediate. Mr, Olson had previously cashed in a
> tournament in the Advanced division. By rule
> Mr.Olson must play in four consecutive SN
> sanctioned events in the advanced division without
> cashing again to move back down to the
> intermediate division. This did not happen. The TD
> was informed of this broken rule this morning and
> got in touch with Mr. Olson. He was asked to give
> all of the winnings back, plaque included, so they
> could be sent to the second place finisher.
>
> We, along with Mr. Burton(TD), have decided to
> give Mr. Olson until Wednesday, October, 23rd,
> 2013 to return the plaque and the $84 in winnings
> (Cash or exact prize winnings). If this happens he
> will be on a 90 Day probation from the SN. If he
> does not comply he will be banned for 90 Days from
> all SN events. After his ban he will still receive
> a 90 probation. This message will be on this site
> and has been sent to Mr.Olson via Facebook PM.
>
> Mr. Olson was disqualified in said event,
> forfeited his entry fee, has to return winnings
> acquired from cheating, and will not be given any
> SN points for participation from the event. The
> event stats will reflect this DQ.
>
> FYI: Mr. Olson was contacted by Mr. Burton this
> morning. When he was asked to return the
> undeserved winnings, Mr. Olson told Mr. Burton
> that he had already given away the $84 in prizes.
>
>
> This action will not be tolerated. Mr. Burton has
> done nothing wrong and should not be looked at as
> if he has. I hope for Mr. Olson's sake he does the
> right thing so we all can get past this incident.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
October 14, 2013 11:04PM
Yes Keith, REALLY!
The SN BOD's had a meeting tonight about all of this, and this is what your BOD's decided to do to rectify this situation.
October 15, 2013 06:51AM
Dustin, Tupelo Bag Tag Challange had zero payout. Bryan recieved nothing for his 2nd place finish except next years bag tag which he purchased.
October 15, 2013 08:56AM
This is a pretty severe penalty, but it should go a long way toward convincing people to follow the rules. If you cash in advanced, you should stay in advanced.

I was informed Monday that the player who donated some prizes to the ring of fire I ran for James was Adam. I didn't know who he was and didn't care. If this is true, then those prizes are long gone.

Maybe the SN needs some warnings posted at events informing players that they could face a severe penalty if they are caught playing the incorrect division. This is assuming someone would use the "I didn't know" excuse if they're caught.

Also, the board should provide the names of any banned players to TDs of upcoming events.

rWc3523
October 15, 2013 09:12AM
Thank you Russ. That information is very helpful and changes things quite a bit.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
October 15, 2013 09:25AM
That sounds good, but every TD in SN land would complain that it would be way too much work on top of what they do now to put up signs. Always happens that way. Just like checking to see if people are in the correct divisions, it would add about 30 seconds to the process.

If the BOD was on top of things, they could send out updated lists of player names with respective divisions to each TD via email. This list could be easily cross referenced with the players name who is signing up, and if they are listed in Advanced, they must play Advanced or Open.

But again, that may be too much work.
October 15, 2013 09:27AM
I know this isn't the right place for that post, but since the topic is being discussed, and opinions being given, I thought I would give one also.
October 15, 2013 09:40AM
This guy has played 6 events (counting this weekend) in his disc golf life in SN. 3 of those was this tournament, Free as a Breeze, and Wally Free doubles. 1 event in 2012 as a rec. player The Free as a Breeze has 0 dollar value. I think this is way over the top for a new player to the series. There is a list of people should be banned from SN that are doing way more harm to the series than this guy did and the BoD turns a blind eye to them!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BoD!!!!

Research is a good thing to do!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
October 15, 2013 09:58AM
Dont know where you got 6 from, but he has played 10 events since 2010, he played advanced and won 1st place accepted a trophy, and then played intermediate, he was disqualified from the intermediate tournament because he had not played 4 advanced tourney's without cashing, which is the rule. He was contacted along with the TD, and from that we discovered he donated his winnings to ring of fire, so now he is gonna return the plaque and he will be on probation for 90 days and must complete 4 tournaments without cashing in advanced. This will be the same punishment for any player who is disqualified for competing in a division they are not qualified for. If the player returns the winnings and plaque/trophy, they will be disqualified from said tournament, forfeit their entry fee, and be placed on 90 day probation. If the player refuses to return said winnings and awards then the probation become's a 90 day suspension from SN. This is not something new, it's been in the rules, we are just enforcing it as all BOD should.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2013 10:00AM by niklpenny.
October 15, 2013 10:36AM
jcb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do know Adam has played in many tournaments and
> should have known the rules before he signed up.
> It's not like he is a new golfer by any means. I
> understand some players do not know all the rules
> but in this case I believe he clearly knew. He
> told me he just wanted to play stress free so I
> guess playing in the wrong division was his way of
> doing that. He actually thought it was funny when
> I talked with him yesterday and I will not
> tolerate this at any event I run. I did tell him
> that he is not welcome at any other tournament
> that I td because of the way he has disrespected
> me and the other players who did play in the right
> division.

October 15, 2013 12:39PM
Heck..we have a two time novice champ of the howler residing here in Mobile.so yea this Adam guy isn.t so bad after all .And even though I.m quilty of this...after u win your div. at snac u shouldn.t be allowed to play that div the following season.These rules have more loop holes than a termite bond.

BMB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2013 12:46PM by BRIAN B.
October 21, 2013 05:07PM
I know the TD has sent in the results.. why haven't they been posted yet?

If the BOD needs help i can help upload again..

-will
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013