Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2014 SOUTHERN NATIONALS DOUBLES CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 21st &22nd at BLUE ANGEL PARK in PENSACOLA, FL brought to you by THE OUTDOOR EXCHANGE

Posted by BERNIE 
The Outdoor Exchange in association with Blue Angel Park will be hosting the Southern Nationals Doubles Championship at Blue Angel Park in Pensacola Florida on June 21st & 22nd 2014.

ENTRY FEES PER TEAM

Pro Divisions

Pro Open - $100
Pro Women - $100
Pro Masters - $100
Pro Masters Women - $100
Pro Grandmasters - $100
Pro Senior Grandmasters - $100

Amateur Divisions

Advanced Men- $80
Advanced Women - $80
Advanced Masters - $80
Am Men - $60
Am Women - $60
Junior - $60

Other divisions may be offered and some may be eliminated based on demand. A minimum of three teams with points are required to add a division.

REGISTRATION

Online registration will be handled through The Outdoor Exchange. There are a few options.

1)You can send money for entry fees through paypal to aubreysawyer@hotmail.com . Please be sure to add $3 per entry to cover paypal fees.

2)You can also register in person at The Outdoor Exchange at 3607 Old Shell Road Mobile, AL 36608 or through the US Mail at the same address. Do not send entries by mail after June 7, 2014.

3)We also accept all types of credit cards for entries at The Outdoor Exchange with an added $3 per entry to cover merchant services fees.

THIS WILL BE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY. ONLINE REGISTRATION IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR ALL PLAYERS.

When registering make sure to include your names, divisions, shirt size preferences and contact information.

THE FIELD WILL CAP AT 324 PLAYERS.

WE ARE GOING TO LIMIT EACH POOL TO 108 PLAYERS UNTIL MAY 21st 2014. AT WHICH POINT WE WILL START ADDING PLAYERS INTO OTHER POOLS BASED ON AVAILABILITY.

ONLY PLAYERS WITH SN POINTS FOR THE 2013/2014 SEASON WILL BE ALLOWED TO PLAY IN THIS EVENT. NO EXCEPTIONS OR EXEMPTIONS & WE WILL CHECK!

THIS TOURNAMENT WILL BE 100% PRE-REGISTER AND PRE-PAY. THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO WALK UP/ MORNING OF REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED AND NO I.O.U.s.

By signing up and paying for this tournament, you are verifying that you have the required SN points and are eligible for the selected division based on current SN rules. If you sign up without SN points or sign up for a division lower than one which you are eligible to play, you will be removed from the field and your entry fee will be refunded.

I ask for the players help and the SN BOD members to assist in policing ineligible players.

ROUNDS

Three pools on three courses - Two Rounds Saturday and One Round Sunday

POOLS

Pool A - ALL PRO PLAYERS

Pool B - ALL ADVANCED PLAYERS

Pool C - ALL AM PLAYERS & JUNIORS

COURSES

The Palmetto 18 Holes

The Oaks 18 Holes

The Pines 18 Holes

We are still hammering out the final details of the tournament. So please be patient. We will post the official tournament flyer with all the details soon.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2014 05:27PM by BERNIE.
Glad you got this one Bernie.... do it big !!!!!

RTR
just an update on the trailers; I talked to bev yesterday; she is now in charge of the park; now that jay has retired. she is very familiar with the disc golf tournament process. she told me yesterday that the plan is to have the 10 new trailers in place by tournament time but can not make the promise that it will happen. they will open the campgrounds for r.v.'s and tent camping. so keep your fingers crossed in hopes of the trailer transition to go smoothly. hope this helps.
Ok.. I am learning that I really need someone to post for me... LOL...
I want to Show Bernie some "respect" and make the trophies for the SNDC this coming year kinda special...
....SO....
What would the players like to see included in their trophy???
Yeah, yeah, yeah.... I know,,, >>> so each trophy will come with a lotto ticket......... (my numbers) you win, I win....:LOL
after that give me a few ideas... My PawPaw was a master carpenter and he taught me many things about the beauty of wood..
I have access to some beautiful grains and stains, so please let me know ....
thanks...
i'll be looking back over the next few days, before I start to work... (((if ya don't like them, remember, they were FREE))))
THANKS....

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
Can you give us the name and number of the host motel.
Thanks
Lete me try again on another subject.
Any Adv. GrandMasters plan on playing?

Thanks
I deleted the posts that did not pertain to the tournament. Ransom, I responded to your post on the General Discussion board. Please see the thread titled "Question?" on the SN Board section for further discussion. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
Now that I have had an opportunity to discuss it with Blue Angel I can confirm that the SNDC dates will not change. Once the military puts things on the schedule they do not like them to change with little notice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 04:41PM by BERNIE.
So how does the having points system work? On the FAQ page it says the season runs from May 31st to June 1st. Does that mean one has to play a tournament in the new season to play in this tourney? Also, since it is doubles can just one of the partners be a point holder? Thanks for any answers.

JACOB
It's actually from June 1st - may 31st, but after 3 more weeks the new season will run from June 1st - dec 31st and then will be aligned with the calendar year.

Each participant has to have points to play in the SNDC.

If you currently haven't played an SNQ you still got time a few weeks.
To the Tournament Director:
1. Have you selected a host hotel (name and phone number please)?
2. Will there be an Adv. GM division?
joey I don't think there will be a host hotel; i would go to p-cola .com to find some close to the park; i do know that it is about 8 miles to the nearest one; and that would be on navy Blvd. or you could go towards the beach in gulf shores or on perdido key and make it a vacation..
We sure could use some local sponsors! If any of you folks from Pensacola have any potential sponsors please check on them ASAP.
What happen to the trailers and cabins?

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
keith the navy decided that the trailers be removed because of old age; to be replaced by 10 new ones. they condemned them and started taking them apart. (there very slow). the cabins are still there and the # is 850-453-9435. also the park will allow r.v. and tent camping. looking forward to seeing all of my old friends. hope this helps.
Thank you Bernie for having all the tournament info available a month plus in advance. I just wish info was available for some other earlier tournaments. *cough* *cough* cityofmobiledoubles *cough*
This thread has been up since January & I have no idea what is going on with COM Dubs.
REGISTERED PLAYERS 5/20/14

AM WOMEN
ANGELA IRBY S / HEATHER WILSON XXL

ADVANCED MASTERS
LEON IRBY XL / KEN KELLER L

SPONSORS
INNOVA
KC HECKATHORN
THE OUTDOOR EXCHANGE
How bout you post a pic of my trophy when they.re done.

BMB
^ They aren't making trophy's for the novice division. HA!

BOOM!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013