Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Re: Back Bay Battle 2 - Hiller Park - Biloxi MS - Feb 8th
February 10, 2014 12:28PM
Did the awards ceremony start yet? :)
February 10, 2014 06:59PM
Sorry for not posting before now. I left the park about 9:30 Saturday evening and started to type something that night about 11 but fell asleep at the computer. I have two small children and have been heavily focused on the event for several weeks leading up to tournament day. If my wife caught me doing anything disc golf related Sunday it would not have gone over well. I was working all day today so now is my chance.

I would like to thank all of the players for showing up to compete, without you there would be no events.
I would like to thank all of the volunteers, both expected and impromptu, that help keep things going smoothly.
I would like to thank all of the sponsors. They made it possible to give high quality dri-fit shirts to every player, FREE!
I would like to thank The Fillin Station for keeping everyone well fed throughout the day. I didn't expect them to stay for dinner and change the menu.

We had 118 players, out largest event so far. We realize that some things need to be changed in order to streamline the registration process. We will be working on that and you should see it implemented for the next event.

We hope that everyone enjoyed the day and wants to return for future events.

Congratulations to all of the winners. The first place in Open, Advanced, & Intermediate received a really awesome wooden disc plaque from DG Woodworks, also. Sorry to the Pro Women for not getting a plaque for your division. We will be sure to have one for future events.

We were very excited to have 13 women (1 novice, 4 Intermediate, 1 Advanced, & 7 Pro) at the event. A very good showing of the female talent in the area. Lets keep that going for future events!

The results will be posted very soon.
February 10, 2014 08:26PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did the awards ceremony start yet? :)

They just ended! Thanks for the laugh, Bluff.

Also, thank you for all the help after round two. Your experience is priceless in such critical moments.

The event went smoothly because of people like you, Will Timmons, Jaques, Keith Bodin, and others that are always willing to jump in and lend a hand.

It is great that this sport allows people to set aside their differences in order to work together to achieve a common goal. Even if it is to can get things finished so they can leave and go home. The assistance was very much appreciated.
February 11, 2014 03:47PM
Results are posted on the site, let Me know if anything needs corrected.
February 11, 2014 04:32PM
Advanced 24th JOHN GONDEURY 71 65 136

I believe that should be Grandeury

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
February 11, 2014 05:54PM
Eric,

Jr 1st Place should be Cory Casalina

Thanks,
Jeff
February 11, 2014 09:06PM
THUNDER!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013