Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The 17th Annual Lafayette Spring Fling ~ Saturday April 26th ~ Acadiana Park ~ Disc Golf Tournament and Extravaganza

Posted by jacques 
Great tournament. I keep forgetting to thank Jonathan Nyce for his artwork on hole 17. Great work, Jonathan. I think Connie is right, though. You should have made the basket yellow just to mess with people's heads.

Congratulations to Sean for the dominating win in Advanced Masters. I don't usually enjoy watching obvious baggers cruise to victory, but Sean is one of the real class acts in Lafayette disc golf. I still can't believe I got the CTP on Duzee #1 and missed the 5-foot putt, but at least I proved that you can, in fact, drive for dough. BTW, there's a secret to parking it on hole 16 Ace Run. Come back to Lafayette some day and I'll tell you what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2014 05:30PM by blueboy.
I agree Shawn's game has defiantly improved a lot! I think it's time he turns Pro.
Thank you for the compliment on my artwork, it was pretty cool to see it after it was done. Eight hours of joyful work, and so far no one has complained. I don't believe painting the basket yellow would mess with anyone to tell you the truth. I did my best to stick with the exact colors used on the clubs flag. 150+ smiling faces out on the courses, makes all the work put in by myself and all the others that busted our butt's worth every minute. I had a great time yesterday despite my awful performance.

Thank you to all that came out to compete with us yesterday!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2014 08:13PM by Johnathan Nyce.
A lot of hard work and preparation by many people went in to hosting this event and I hope it showed and as always, thanks to the ADGA and Flight Club players and many others who helped set up, sign up and register, check cards, post scores, cook & clean up, tote water, run CTPs & baskets, tear down and pack up. I always hesitate to name names when thanking everybody for fear of leaving someone out. Please know it would be impossible to run what has become a large annual event without a ton of help and I feel like we have a good thing going in Lafayette right now.

The total number of players was erroneously reported earlier (I blame Joe, HAHAHA) and the correct number was 140. Pot of Gold, your record is safe...for now.

However, this was yet another Spring Fling attendance record and I really hope it continues to grow. Thanks to all our friends who made the trip to Lafayette and joined us for a fun day of Disc Golf and I hope you feel well satisfied with your experience.

The results, please check them for errors and I will submit them in a few days once everyone has a chance to do so...

Player's Pack - I assume everybody got their player's pack. I had 106 non-pro players and 100 discs & minis for them so 6 of these only received a shirt - I don't know which ones though. I had shirts left over so I guess everyone got one, if not please let me know and I can arrange to hold one for you although only XL sizes remain. I valued the shirts at $10, discs at $15 and lunch at $5 if anyone wants to know where the amounts shown come from.

CTPs & Extras - All 36 permanent holes had CTPs on them and they all got picked up. I believe there were only two that went unclaimed because only players from the wrong division had marked them or the winner had already left. Either way, they went to the ring of fire and somebody one them in the end.

Speaking of the ring of fire - Scott Comeaux is the best ring of fire runner in the whole world. I passed him a box with all the prizes in it and told him to go to town. The box had all the good stuff in it (discs, shirts, booze, etc.) but it also had a bunch of junk in it too. I didn't think about it when I handed it to him but Scott gave away everything and it looked like folks were happy to win it. Included in the mix was a bag with all the leftover bread from lunch, this year's first place Pro Women's trophy and this year's third place Juniors trophy, a box of envelopes and God knows what else. It was nothing short of awesome.

Some of my random thoughts and recollections...

> Thunder Schultz won two baskets, a Discatcher Sport for winning Advanced and a Discatcher Mini in the mini basket throw off. Congratulations!

> I have no idea who won the opposite hand opposite grip long drive contest but it was amusing to watch.

> Am players cleared both of the ace pots. One was won outright and the other split.

> For the second tournament in a row, I mistakenly awarded Simeon Schultz the first place trophy in Juniors. Both he and the other junior player who won both showed great sportsmanship when we got everything straight and got the right trophy to the right player. Sim's brother won him a mini basket to play with which I am sure eased the pain of having to swap for the second place trophy.

SEE EVERYBODY AT HEYMANN PARK FOR THE NEXT ONE, THE 13TH ANNUAL LAFAYETTE LATE SUMMER FEST.
Just kidding. It looked great.

One of the CTP's had a nice shirt in it, but it's a small if someone wants to trade for it. I haven't worn it but I did take it out of the plastic.
Kenny Guillot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree Shawn's game has defiantly improved a lot!
> I think it's time he turns Pro.

Just kidding about the bagger comment, but I still consider it a compliment.
Results have been posted. Please let me know if there are any corrections that need to be made. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013