Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2014 SOUTHERN NATIONALS PRO AND AM CHAMPIONSHIPS-presented by Grass Roots Disc Golf

Posted by 3puttking 
Where do we find the invitation list, and do we have a list of host hotels for this event?
Re: 2014 SOUTHERN NATIONALS PRO AND AM CHAMPIONSHIPS-presented by Grass Roots Disc Golf
July 01, 2014 04:17PM
dimonlade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where do we find the invitation list, and do we
> have a list of host hotels for this event?

Casey should have the list up very soon.
Eric Day Wrote:
> dimonlade Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Where do we find the invitation list, and do we
> > have a list of host hotels for this event?
>
>
> Casey should have the list up very soon.

Does any BoD member except Casey do anything?

July 02, 2014 08:37AM
Coming from two SN BoD washouts, I enjoy both of your criticisms.
Great job on this Championship event guys!! I'll be there and I am sure I will have several from Arkansas with me. Thanks for all you guys do.

James Lecy
^ BOOM!
Re: 2014 SOUTHERN NATIONALS PRO AND AM CHAMPIONSHIPS-presented by Grass Roots Disc Golf
July 02, 2014 04:45PM
At this point the Board is going to leave it up to Jonathan Ray to make any decisions that effect what divisions play for the USDGC spot. There is currently nothing in the handbook or guidelines saying anything about the USDGC, We will discuss making this a rule for future SNPC's. Please remember this is not a USDGC tournament, but the SOUTHERN NATIONALS Pro Championships with the USDGC qualifier as a bonus. Again if anyone would like to bring this topic up in another forum to discuss for Future SNPC's that is fine. Lets try supporting Jonathan and the rest of the crew as they take on what looks to be the best SNC's in many years.
This USDGC qualifying issue comes up every year. Here's a thread from last year:

<[www.sndg.org];

I agree with Eric that there are no relevant SN rules or guidelines, and there shouldn't be either. The only rule that matters is the USDGC rule. This is it for 2014:

[www.usdgc.com]

Qualification is limited to the top five "overall scores" amongst the players who play on "identical days and on the same course layout(s)" and non-open division qualification can be excluded by the TD regardless of layouts played. The SN board has no say in it except to choose who the TD is. Any other attempt to affect a change of the result by the SN, for example by re-defining the meaning of the phrase "overall scores", could be futile or worse.

In spite of the above it seems unwise to exclude the old pros under the bigger-gallery theory. When they're done with this awesome challenge they're gonna be resting their feet anyway.
We have another new sponsor on board. Thank you South Tipton County Disc Golf! You guys rock!
ATC Fitness has teamed with Prodigy Discs to make some special stamped discs that will be used as giveaways at the championships. be on the lookout,

while both sides of the problem have valid arguments. the "tournament information" board is not the place. take it over to the discussion side please or contact Jonathan directly. this is not the "tournament @#$%& and moan" board. get your ass out there, play great golf, and have some fun @#$%&. after all, that is what we are here for right??
July 03, 2014 12:43PM
The invitation list is now posted: [www.sndg.org]

The reason there are some blank spots is because some players qualified in multiple divisions but when I uploaded the list to the system, it did not include the same name multiple times. It only included that name in the highest division in which they qualified. This is the reason there are 427 names rather than 450. 23 names were duplicates.

Also, realize that you are not required to register in the division in which you are invited. Anyone on this list may register in any division they wish as long as they are eligible for that division. Also understand that just because you are invited in a division does not mean you are eligible in that division. For instance, if you are invited in advanced but cashed in open during your last 4 tournaments of last season (June 1, 2013, to May 31, 2014), you are not eligible to play advanced. Please review your statistics to determine the divisions in which you are eligible to compete before registering.

Additionally, I am not sure how this system sorts players in cases of ties so I resorted the divisions using my own method. This is the process which I used to sort names: 1) total points, 2) total events played, 3) 1st place finishes, 4) 2nd place finishes, 5) 3rd place finishes, 6) alphabetical order of name. That is why the list may vary slightly from the statistics page on the website.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask. Thanks.
Registration is up an going. Who's going to Memphis?
Hopefully I can be there. Depends on my work schedule but, sounds like a good time.
Hello friends,

Thanks for all the hard work Jon and the team have done to date!!

At today's Bud Hill bag tag Jon addressed the group about the upcoming event and how info could be found on this forum and NOT in the tourney Schedule which now only reads "more info soon." Perhaps a word or link directing viewers to this forum would help...

I'm excited to play Pro Master (second in points) but regret having just learned that since I did not play any Open events I will not have points to play Open during the Championship and perhaps no chance to qualify for the USDGC. A spot there would make most DGer's year!
July 06, 2014 10:17PM
Wait what? Since when do you need Open points to play in that division? If you are a Pro and have any type of Pro points, I thought you could participate any age eligible Pro division.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
Yea somebody might have been yanking Jeff's chain. The open division is named open because it is open. 1.1.1. 2.10 sets your snc division qualification. Pro points are fungible under 2.7. If you have 2 pro points for the season you can play open per 2.2.
Jeff that is correct. If you have qualifying points in any pro division you can play Open.
planning on being there!

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
July 09, 2014 12:40PM
frzbman Wrote:
> JR or 3 puttking or whomever is in charge I
> think you are not understanding the issue here. In
> ALL SNPc's past all PRO divisions have had the
> OPPORTUNITY to qualify for the USDGC.
> This year should be no different because of
> tourney location.
>
> I play Open in some events because that is my ONLY
> choice no masters or GM available. I play in
> Masters sometimes because that where most of my
> really really good DG buddies are playing and I
> miss playing with them. I decided to play some GM
> events to meet new folks. I can not remember when
> if ever has my decision been based on who I was
> playing against or the amount on money involved ie
> your silly example of an easy payday.
>
> I play the courses not the competitors...if I can
> beat the course I will beat the others as a by
> product.
>
> It looks like this years edition of the SNPC will
> be epic.....however I am extremely disappointed at
> this decision of not allowing EVERY PRO the
> OPPORTUNITY and it will be major soul searching by
> me to attend or not attend. As this OPPORTUNITY is
> certainly the biggest perk of this event, IMO.
> with this decision to change the past editions and
> only allow OPEN players I am now hesitant to
> support it at all.
>
> You are asking me to spend my time money and
> effort for the wknd without the opportunity of the
> biggest tourney perk by holding ME hostage to
> playing in YOUR designated division. It is YOUR
> event and you can run it anyway you want I suppose
> but I agree with Dean and BUD....give us alll the
> opportunity...in ANY PRO DIVISION....
>
> JABBA

There are more than a few of us OLD FARTS who have a chance at the USDGC spots & we shouldn't have to give up playing in whatever OPEN division that we prefer to play in to do it. We have earned it. You all will understand that one day. This issue needs to be addressed & corrected! Just my $0.03.
July 09, 2014 01:10PM
Eric Day Wrote:
> At this point the Board is going to leave it up to
> Jonathan Ray to make any decisions that effect
> what divisions play for the USDGC spot. There is
> currently nothing in the handbook or guidelines
> saying anything about the USDGC, We will discuss
> making this a rule for future SNPC's. Please
> remember this is not a USDGC tournament, but the
> SOUTHERN NATIONALS Pro Championships with the
> USDGC qualifier as a bonus. Again if anyone would
> like to bring this topic up in another forum to
> discuss for Future SNPC's that is fine. Lets try
> supporting Jonathan and the rest of the crew as
> they take on what looks to be the best SNC's in
> many years.

You Sir are an idiot. A scourge to the SN. You do as little as possible to help in anyway as far as I can tell. Other than offer your worthless opinion, make excuses, & continually shirk any type of responsibility for anything. You put more effort into these things than you do making things happen to move the SN forward in a positive direction. You can also take sole responsibility for running off at least a couple of the TD's who have majorly supported the SN since it's inception.

BTW We all realize that this is the SNPC! But the opportunity to win the USDGC spots are & have always been a major driving force to many of us who support the SN. Players travel farther & prioritize events based on potential rewards. The USDGC spots are definitely one of the biggest driving forces that draw players to our championships that wouldn't be there otherwise. & we aren't talking about "Future SNPC's". We are talking about this years SNPC. Why change the way that it has always been done now? It certainly seems that the number of people that are bothered by the possibility of not having this opportunity far exceed those that oppose it.
Bernie, if you want to discuss the USDGC qualifying take it somewhere else, that matter is over and finalized. Everyone has the opportunity to qualify, they just have to play open to do so. Acting like a jackass and trying to belittle someone on the tournament thread wont do you any good. Eric and Casey have helped more than anyone else on the BOD in terms of getting things together and handling responsibilities. I have exchanged a couple of emails with one other person on the BOD....outside of that i couldnt even tell you who they are. Please take your anger and idiocy elsewhere. This thread is for tournament information only. Thanks
BERNIE Wrote:
> frzbman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > JR or 3 puttking or whomever is in charge I
> > think you are not understanding the issue here.
> In
> > ALL SNPc's past all PRO divisions have had the
> > OPPORTUNITY to qualify for the USDGC.
> > This year should be no different because of
> > tourney location.
> >
> > I play Open in some events because that is my
> ONLY
> > choice no masters or GM available. I play in
> > Masters sometimes because that where most of my
> > really really good DG buddies are playing and I
> > miss playing with them. I decided to play some
> GM
> > events to meet new folks. I can not remember
> when
> > if ever has my decision been based on who I was
> > playing against or the amount on money involved
> ie
> > your silly example of an easy payday.
> >
> > I play the courses not the competitors...if I
> can
> > beat the course I will beat the others as a by
> > product.
> >
> > It looks like this years edition of the SNPC
> will
> > be epic.....however I am extremely disappointed
> at
> > this decision of not allowing EVERY PRO the
> > OPPORTUNITY and it will be major soul searching
> by
> > me to attend or not attend. As this OPPORTUNITY
> is
> > certainly the biggest perk of this event, IMO.
> > with this decision to change the past editions
> and
> > only allow OPEN players I am now hesitant to
> > support it at all.
> >
> > You are asking me to spend my time money and
> > effort for the wknd without the opportunity of
> the
> > biggest tourney perk by holding ME hostage to
> > playing in YOUR designated division. It is YOUR
> > event and you can run it anyway you want I
> suppose
> > but I agree with Dean and BUD....give us alll
> the
> > opportunity...in ANY PRO DIVISION....
> >
> > JABBA
>
> There are more than a few of us OLD FARTS who have
> a chance at the USDGC spots & we shouldn't have to
> give up playing in whatever OPEN division that we
> prefer to play in to do it. We have earned it. You
> all will understand that one day. This issue needs
> to be addressed & corrected! Just my $0.03.

There is only ONE open division....the other divisions are not OPEN...they are age restricted.
I was really looking forward to this championship but after reading this entire thread just now, my outlook for this event has changed. The TD has decided to change years of format.

Why would we play ALL year in a division to go the championships and play a different one?
This is ludicrous.

The USDGC spots should be open to all PRO divisions and all PRO divisions should play the same courses - like it has been in the past.

If you have made the decision to make the USDGC spots for only OPEN players then you have lost players and tainted the SN Championship.

It is truly a shame. I was intending to attend this event on my birthday weekend, but the TD alone has made the choice to exclude the other pro divisions. Count me OUT!
3puttking Wrote:
> Flyerbud, I did not know that had been the status
> quo. That being said, the open division is
> playing 9 more holes in the final round. I will
> look into ways to remedy that and update it here.
> Thanks

you didn't look too hard
Sorry you feel that way. Best of luck.
3puttking, I'm sure your gonna do a fine job running this event. Why are wanting to buck the trend? These guys can't help mother time is catching up to them but they are all great golfers and deserve a shot in there respected open division. A lot of these golfers your alienating are the very reason the SN is what it is these days. Mr Harrison is truly one the good guys and u don't seem to really care that's unfortunate. All the best.
stinks!!!!!!! bad!
I am confused on why the BoD has taken the stance they have?

3puutking you can't see it now because I assume you are not that old. All the Master players and Grandmaster players and even some of the Senior Grandmaster players are capable of qualifying for a USDGC spot, but the chances are very slim (my own opinion). I would say 98% of the time the Open players will outscore the Master, GM and SGM, but on one special day one of these old guys could have a shot. They also, like me, would rather play with the group of guys they have been friends with for years; many years longer than you have been probably playing.

Someone already mentioned this but you could be a hero if you did the following:

Why not let all PRO divisions play the same tees on the same courses and just count "those" rounds for qualifying. Then have the "final nine" for the best of the best, the Open players.

The SNPC has always allowed all Pro's to be eligible. If you made a mistake, for what ever reason in your planning of this event, it is not to late to change it.

If you really stopped and thought about this instead of being oppositional and defiant , another words Man UP, you would see you would be doing the right thing.

The Masters, GM and SGM's are many of the players, like myself, who made the SNDG successful. They should have the opportunity to have a very special day and win a spot to go to the USDGC.

I just don't understand why you would want to have "your" SNPC leave a bad taste in the mouth of many of the long time supporters of the SN series.

Be a hero, it takes a bigger man to admit his idea is wrong, and I hope you can do this. Do the right thing.

Dangerous Don
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013