Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2014 SOUTHERN NATIONALS PRO AND AM CHAMPIONSHIPS-presented by Grass Roots Disc Golf

Posted by 3puttking 
Watch out for them Sweet boys from Florence. i can easily see one of them wining ADV masters

-will
Florence...They still play disc golf down there???? lol

Aaahhh, I miss those ol' scoop outs...
Still scooping out after 31 years haha.

-will
We have another new sponsor. I would like to thank Waste Connections Inc. for their $500 sponsorship. Waste Connections serves the Western and Southern United States with solid waste disposal. We appreciate you supporting disc golf, Southern Nationals and our Championships.
Also we are raffling off two Big Hyzer Ergo2 backpack bags. All proceeds will go to added cash. The drawing will be held at Bud Hill on August 16th. If you would like to purchase raffle tickets they are $2 each. Money can be paid in cash or paypal and a text will be sent to you with pictures of your tickets. You do not have to be present to win. We will video the drawing and post it on the 2014 Southern Nationals Championships facebook page. There are also pictures of the bags on the facebook page. Feel free to PM me if you would like to get some raffle tickets and try and win one of these bags. Huge thank you to John Chamness and Big Hyzer Bag Co. for donating these awesome bags to raise some added cash for these Championships.
Early registration is at 100+! Remember we only have a limited number of spots in each division. Also to guarantee your full players package you must pre-register by August 21 (3 weeks). Things are coming together nicely and sponsorships keep rolling in! This is going to be an awesome weekend! We will have CFR discs for sale next week. They will include Fusion Verdicts (one of the best discs ever), Moonshine(glow) Wardens (only sold for CFR's). $20 per disc with all proceeds going to added cash! Get yours while they last!
Could someone send me the registration link?
discgolfunited.com
where do I sign up?
Are there decent course maps available online? Im not having much luck with Latimer or Meeman-Shelby courses on DGCR. Thanks
CP i did a quick search and couldnt find anything outside of DG Course review. All of the information will be in your players guide. I know thats not what you were looking for. Sorry i couldnt be of more help.
Thanks anyway!

Next question- any video of tournaments or rounds played on the courses? I've found Bud Hill but none of the courses for my div.

Also I plan on camping at meeman-shelby but was curious -are there facilities at bud hill?

Will Bud Hill be playable Monday the first? I'm making a vacation out of this and would love to play as many courses as I can.
Bud hill is always open. As far as facilities go, there are port o potties. You will need to go to the forest for showers but its a short drive. I know there are plenty of videos of Bud Hill online. The forest probably doesnt have many if any because it is so wooded that there arent many sight lines for that kind of video. Bud Hill will be a different animal for the championships. It will be stretched to the tips and with OB everywhere possible. Bud Hill is the crown jewel of Memphis Disc golf but its also one of the easiest courses we have. We are going to do our best to make it play tough. It is already one of the most manicured and scenic courses in the country. Sorry i can be of more help.
With that last comment, sounds like a distance comp!!! I would MUCH rather play a tech layout... So now ALL three courses are blind to outside Comp and for long arms only!!! I'm going to sit on the fence for a while... Who is designing the courses in the memphis area, played the new one Sat; had 2 hole that I liked,but saw many more!!!
PS: I've heard the locals don't know eather
Re: 2014 SOUTHERN NATIONALS PRO AND AM CHAMPIONSHIPS-presented by Grass Roots Disc Golf
August 05, 2014 09:45AM
I.M.O. Shelby west is easier than the Hill.

BMB
Jack, Bud Hill cant play any longer than it is already which isnt long at all. The layout of the course will be consistent with what usually is for large/championship events where we play the long pads and longer basket placements. We will be adding OB on some holes that will make them play tighter and more technical. This is a championship event so we want to test every facet of a players game. Todd Bagwell designed the layout at Liberty Land and did a great job with what he had to work with. Once the redevelopment of that park happens and the lakes are it will be redesigned and have multiple tee pads and hole locations.
sad.................................. very sad..............................................
you should be proud.... mr 3 putt
8 people over 40 signed up... go get them.......... what a joke
Somebody get a little saucey last night? lol STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD!
I see 28 people over 40 signed up, 15 in pro and 13 in am.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
Will his lawyer be presenting this as evidence during the trial?
LoL
Torn between this event or opening day of college football,

This event should be moved to before the start of college football haha. beginning of August
Re: 2014 SOUTHERN NATIONALS PRO AND AM CHAMPIONSHIPS-presented by Grass Roots Disc Golf
August 07, 2014 04:47PM
No Low Putt Lloyd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Torn between this event or opening day of college
> football,
>
> This event should be moved to before the start of
> college football haha. beginning of August

Well it is being moved to Memorial Day weekend in May beginning in 2015 so that won't be a problem anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
Is it to soon to start wagering on winners? I know its going to be hard to beat Thunder in advanced....
August 08, 2014 09:57AM
NEVER to soon to wager..so lets get it going.$100 says your not top 3.

BMB
Il take your money beating you personally.....
Thanks to Daniel Zich and his wife Tessa. They took over the Discraft Ace Race a couple of years ago in Memphis. This year they donated the proceeds from those two event to the SN Championships. $525.00!!! Thanks to everyone involved in the Ace Races this year and thank you for supporting the SN Championships. If you see Daniel during the championships....buy him a beer.
August 11, 2014 02:05PM
I've heard the host hotel is in a bad part of town. Anyone know if this is true? If so, any other suggestions?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013