Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2014 SOUTHERN NATIONALS PRO AND AM CHAMPIONSHIPS-presented by Grass Roots Disc Golf

Posted by 3puttking 
Flyerbud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what??? more hokey crap..

If you ever need a hug Bud.

I would totally hug you.
Re: 2014 SOUTHERN NATIONALS PRO AND AM CHAMPIONSHIPS-presented by Grass Roots Disc Golf
August 30, 2014 11:48PM
Someone just OD'ed at the host hotel.
^ someone or a player?
Didn't you consult with your attorney Bud?? No hokey crap with this championship!!!! Glad you didn't show up!! Memphis crew put on one of the best if not the best event around this region in a looooong time--great job jonathon ray and assistants!!!!
round 3 scores / ratings posted:

[www.pdga.com]
Re: 2014 SOUTHERN NATIONALS PRO AND AM CHAMPIONSHIPS-presented by Grass Roots Disc Golf
August 31, 2014 06:28PM
Any Master or women results?

JUst when you get time. Thanks,
August 31, 2014 08:13PM
And grandmaster??

BMB
August 31, 2014 08:19PM
Pro Open: Cameron, Matt Dollar, then Todd Bagwell.
Advanced Masters: Daniel Zich, Chad Sweet, then Mark Smith.
Pro Master. Shane Seal 1st is all I remember.
August 31, 2014 09:18PM
Randeye in GM told me he paid a $10 PDGA fee. No?

If anyone has any pics of the boards or knows the results please share them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 09:20PM by BERNIE.
August 31, 2014 11:19PM
BRIAN B Wrote:
> And grandmaster??

Jack White won Grandmaster

-will
September 01, 2014 10:02AM
Great tournament. Everything went smooth as far as I could tell. The courses looked great, the Hill was immaculate! Thank you to all involved who spent time and energy to make this such a great event. Jon Ray did an amazing job with delegating and quick decision making. It was well worth it, even survived the torrential downpour!!
thanks to everyone involved!
September 01, 2014 02:32PM
The main reason I had for playing this tournament was because it's one of the few SN tournaments that you can earn points to quality for the Worlds. I had heard during the 3rd round that PGM wasn't a PDGA event. I knew that could not be true so I didn't ask.

I read all of the discussions dealing with the tournament before-hand and did not see this issue addressed.

Is there any way that anyone interested can get the points earned?
September 01, 2014 06:06PM
So I heard that if the masters would have been allowed to play for the USDGC spot Shane would have earned the spot, is that correct?

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
It was a super tournament the best championship for sure Jon Ray did a super job all the volunteers worked hard and B pool hardly got rain on extra sweet
WELL DONE MEMPHIS!!!!!!!!! wish I could have been there to watch, obvious loads of work put into this event.
September 02, 2014 08:20AM
Player pack seemed to be $10 short for DD. Can someone please explain why?
September 02, 2014 09:23AM
The courses were great, I want to thank all the volunteers who made the effort to install the baskets and tee pads on the temp courses.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the scores from all the divisions at the Championships posted?
September 02, 2014 10:41AM
The courses were in great shape. I was nervous about having to play the course blind as I just flew in from Cali the night before, but it all worked out. Can't do anything about the rain, but I thought the tournament staff did a good job of extending tee boxes to give players relief from muddy boxes. Watching the video this morning showed that there was a great battle for the spectators to enjoy between the players on the lead card.

There will always be a few things in a tournament this big that might could be tweaked, but speaking for myself I had a great time and look forward to playing future tournaments in Memphis.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
RTG
September 02, 2014 10:55AM
Could we get a BOD Member to chime in and tell us why the PDGA side of this SN CHAMPIONSHIPS have scores and details up but the SN Website has none????? Thanks BOD
September 02, 2014 11:00AM
RTG Wrote:
> Could we get a BOD Member to chime in and tell us
> why the PDGA side of this SN CHAMPIONSHIPS have
> scores and details up but the SN Website has
> none????? Thanks BOD

Well either Casey hasn't received them yet or has and hasn't opened his email yet.
September 02, 2014 11:16AM
RTG Wrote:
> Could we get a BOD Member to chime in and tell us
> why the PDGA side of this SN CHAMPIONSHIPS have
> scores and details up but the SN Website has
> none????? Thanks BOD

Because the TD uploaded them on to the PDGA website but hasn't sent them to anyone to upload on to the SN website yet. I assure you that no one from the PDGA had anything to do with the scores being present on their website and that no SN board member has anything to do with them not being present here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
September 02, 2014 11:35AM
is this a reality? PDGA points for only select divisions?
I need my points as well in Pro Masters which is a PDGA division (MPM).

Also Shane Seal should be awarded a USDGC spot if his score was in the running! He played same courses, same days, etc.

Thanks to all volunteers that made this happen!
Players party location was great and good fun.

Will payouts be posted?

Also next time you print a players caddy book you might want to check the addresses/street name spelling! I was fifteen minutes from tee off and found myself lost in the middle of cotton fields on "Bethel Road" in Millington. The book listed "Bethel" instead of "Bethuel". Bethel is about six miles from Bethuel thank goodness or I would have missed tee off. Thanks Mike Kernan and J Fox for answering your phone!

September 02, 2014 11:37AM
Eric Day Wrote:
> undertowgolf Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why only open and adv results? On pdga
>
>
> Only 2 divisions that are PDGA. The rest are SNDG
> only.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN ONLY 2 DIVISIONS THAT ARE PDGA??????
September 02, 2014 12:07PM
roadracerx Wrote:
> is this a reality? PDGA points for only select
> divisions?
> I need my points as well in Pro Masters which is a
> PDGA division (MPM).
>
>
> Also Shane Seal should be awarded a USDGC spot if
> his score was in the running! He played same
> courses, same days, etc.
>
> Thanks to all volunteers that made this happen!
> Players party location was great and good fun.
>
> Will payouts be posted?
>
> Also next time you print a players caddy book you
> might want to check the addresses/street name
> spelling! I was fifteen minutes from tee off and
> found myself lost in the middle of cotton fields
> on "Bethel Road" in Millington. The book listed
> "Bethel" instead of "Bethuel". Bethel is about six
> miles from Bethuel thank goodness or I would have
> missed tee off. Thanks Mike Kernan and J Fox for
> answering your phone!

Lol.
September 02, 2014 12:50PM
Randeye told me he paid a $10 PDGA fee in GM. Is this true?
Great job, Jonathan. Cudos to you and your crew of volunteers for pulling off such a top shelf event.

To all you folks clamoring for more information on points, payouts, results, etc.; managing a huge tournament like this is a lot like running a marathon, allow the TD a few days to catch his breath.

Gary Wagoner
September 02, 2014 04:05PM
cox3 Wrote:
> RTG Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Could we get a BOD Member to chime in and tell
> us
> > why the PDGA side of this SN CHAMPIONSHIPS have
> > scores and details up but the SN Website has
> > none?????
>
> Because the TD uploaded them on to the PDGA
> website but hasn't sent them to anyone to upload
> on to the SN website yet. I assure you that no one
> from the PDGA had anything to do with the scores
> being present on their website and that no SN
> board member has anything to do with them not
> being present here.

> FatBackBob wrote:

I have posted the results to PDGA, but... the results were derived from pics of the board that were texted. Please message me with any errors you notice. I'll be verifying them throughout the night.

(just don't want anyone to get their panties in a wad)
September 02, 2014 06:15PM
Gary Wagoner Wrote:
>
> To all you folks clamoring for more information on
> points, payouts, results, etc.; managing a huge
> tournament like this is a lot like running a
> marathon, allow the TD a few days to catch his
> breath.
>
> Gary Wagoner

Yes by all means Gary, let's accept mediocrity at what is supposed to be the SN's best event. Let's not have any standards or pride. Let's not inform the Women's World Champion that her division isn't PDGA sanctioned.

I had a great time at this tournament, but not posting scores and shadily promoting the FPO, MPM and MPG as PDGA sanctioned and then not is a big crock. The SN BoD certainly doesn't have the guts to speak up about it either. The SN players deserve better.
I've done some marathons. They left me invigorated for more. Always run the next day. Been reading this for some time now. Memphis has always been the worst for timely results. Its surprising that he would use the marathon word. Like he had experienced it. I'm sure it was great tournament and well run. Just post the results. No excuses.
September 02, 2014 09:15PM
DING DING we have a winner!

Let's not inform the Women's World Champion that her division isn't PDGA sanctioned.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013