Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2014 SOUTHERN NATIONALS PRO AND AM CHAMPIONSHIPS-presented by Grass Roots Disc Golf

Posted by 3puttking 
215 players registered. Intermediate is almost full and Advanced is right behind. We have a great pro field signed up with some of the best in the world registered and several more on the way. The host hotel is not full. They blocked off all the rooms for Southern Nationals until tomorrow. You must tell them youre with SN to reserve a room and get the discount. Courses are in great shape and will all be set in tournament format with obs early next week. Overton Park Golf Course will not be available for play until the Friday before the tournament. Look forward to seeing everyone. Remember that Thursday is the deadline for the full AM and Pro Players Pack. If you dont register by then you are not guaranteed your players pack. As of right now we have raised over $11, 000 in cash and merchandise for this event. Its going to be awesome.
Can't wait...can you post any info you have on Overton like hole distances or tell me where to look? Will players be allowed to rent carts there?
I just signed up under the waiting list when will I find out if I can play wasn't on the original invite list, and also will the 5 dollar deposit I put down will that go toward my entry fee??
First off...Peckston. I have no idea why you registered on the wait list. The only division that is full is intermediate women. The wait list fee does not carry over toward your entry fee. That is a DGU thing. It does get added to the overall payout for your division. Please call me if i can help. Im not sure why you registered on the wait list. 901-517-6012

Bluff, im glad youre excited. We are pumped to get this thing going. Here are some details on Overton.

Hole 1 - 425 Par 3
Hole 2 - 363 Par 3
Hole 3 - 455 Par 3
Hole 4 - 318 Par 3
Hole 5 - 330 Par 3
Hole 6 - 305 Par 3
Hole 7 - 358 Par 3
Hole 8 - 395 Par 3
Hole 9 - 570 Par 4 (uphill)
Hole 10 - 710 Par 4
Hole 11 - 733 Par 4
Hole 12 - 365 Par 3
Hole 13 - 293 Par 3
Hole 14 - 370 Par 3
Hole 15 - 925 Par 5
Hole 16 - 275 Par 3
Hole 17 - 340 Par 3
Hole 18 - 382 Par 3

Par 59 7,912 ft

231 players registered. More and more each day. Dont let your division fill up and miss out. Players pack deadline is Thursday August 21st.
Bluff you will be allowed to rent carts on Friday for practice rounds. They will be first come first served. $10 per cart. I believe they give you 3 hours so that we can turn the carts over and get more people out on carts. There will also be some available to spectators for the finals on Sunday. Obviously if you are playing then you cant use a cart.
I just want to say that I am super excited to be coming to Memphis to play in the 2014 Southern Nationals Championship. I have never played on any of the courses in Memphis and can't wait for the experience. I have heard great things about Bud Hill and I not only get to finally play the course, I get to camp there as well. As for playing disc golf on a ball golf course...really... how many us can actually say we have had a chance to do that! I just want to say Thank You! to all that have made this tournament possible and Disc On!!!
Today Thursday Aug. 21 is the last day to guarantee your players pack through online registration. Online registration shuts down August 23. As of right now we have 246 players registered. Final pool assignments and schedules will be posted Friday august 22, as well as how many spots are still available in each division. We will definitely be shrinking to four pools. We are coming down the home stretch and are so excited to have all of you in Memphis.
gothrownow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
As for playing disc golf on a ball golf
course...really... how many us can actually say we
have had a chance to do that!

I have and it's Awesome!
We were able to rent carts bc the course is so long.
Have a blast!
I'm sure this has already been answered, but what is the layout for all of the am courses???
Re: 2014 SOUTHERN NATIONALS PRO AND AM CHAMPIONSHIPS-presented by Grass Roots Disc Golf
August 21, 2014 01:50PM
Page 1
Post 1
Distances, alternate pin locations?? You know those kinds of things. It just a description thanks though for pointing out the obvious
Re: 2014 SOUTHERN NATIONALS PRO AND AM CHAMPIONSHIPS-presented by Grass Roots Disc Golf
August 21, 2014 11:12PM
Just signed up. 11:20pm. Thanks.
UPDATE FINAL POOLS AND REMAINING SPOTS PER DIVISION
Southern Nationals Championship 2014

These are the remaining available spots in each division:
Pro Open-8 available
Female Pro Open- 4 available spots
Mens Pro Masters- 6 available spots
Female Pro Masters - 1 available spot
Mens Pro Grandmasters- 3 available spots
Mens Pro Senior Grandmasters- 2 available spots
Advanced Men- 9 available spots
Advanced Women- 4 available spots
Advanced Masters Men- 5 available spots
Advanced Grandmaster Men- 5 available spots
Intermediate Men- 19 available spots
Intermediate women- 4 available spots
Juniors- 1 available spot

POOLS AND COURSE SCHEDULE HAVE CHANGED

A Pool- Pro Open, Female Pro Open, Mens Pro Masters
Womens Pro Masters

B Pool- Mens Pro Grand Masters, Mens Pros Senior Grandmasters
Advanced Men

C Pool- Advanced Masters, Advanced Women, Advanced Grandmasters,
Intermediate Women, Juniors

D Pool- Intermediate Men

Course Schedule

A Pool- Lakeside, Bud Hill, Overton (cut) Overton

B Pool- Bud Hill, Overton, Lakeside (cut) Overton

C Pool- Shelby East, Shelby West, Bud Hill (cut) Overton

D Pool- Shelby West, Shelby East, Central (cut) Overton

Online registration ends Saturday August 23.
THERE IS NO DAY OF REGISTRATION AT THE TOURNAMENT
YOU MUST PREREGISTER. YOU CAN REGISTER ON FRIDAY AT OVERTON IF THERE ARE STILL SPOTS AVAILABLE IN YOUR DIVISION.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2014 08:53AM by 3puttking.
Are there player packs still available??
Most of the players pack is still available. Shirts are getting thin and no guarantee of size if you havent already registered.
August 22, 2014 09:40AM
Where I'm from got deleted. Lol.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2014 09:46AM by Gourley.
Dau Mabil just signed up at 9:45am for intermediate mens today and was wondering if he would be getting the shirt and player pack not sure if you guys know this already, and am sorry for all the questions about everything, but just trying to be thorough since we have signed up so late....
He can have Dillons shirt
Picked up almost $1000 in sponsorship in the last two days thanks to Bardog Tavern, Enfield Detail, LS Discs and Slider Inn. LS Discs will be sponsoring our long drive competition and have donated $100 cash to the Pro Champion and $100 in merch to the Am Champion. Bardog, Enfield Detail and Slider Inn all donated $250 each. Slider Inn has invited us to have a post tournament after party Sunday evening. They are less than 2 minutes from Overton Park and have a great atmosphere and patio as well as killer sliders and drink specials. Thanks to all of you for helping us make this tournament happen.
I am assuming Overton is grand central????? Can someone please post where everyone is to meet Friday, Ect.. I know you have pools posted, But is everyone to meet at the same place and what times to meet each day. Thanks! :) Looking forward to the tournament!
The players meeting will be at 7:30 pm at Overton Park on the patio at the clubhouse. We will post all pertinent information on Wed. and it will also be listed in your players guide that you pick up with your players pack at registration. If you cannot get here Friday evening there will be very short players meetings at your course on Saturday morning before tee off. Saturday tee off is at 9:30 Glad youre looking forward to it.
Thanks!
Can you give physical addresses to all the parks when you post the information Wednesday. Thank you
Online registration is closed. If you want to register you can either PM me or call 901-517-6012. Dont wait till Friday or you likely will be out of luck

281 players registered. Here are the available spots within divisions.

Pro Open- 1 spot available
Female Pro Open 4 spots available
Mens Pro Masters- 3 spots available
Female Pro Masters - 1 spot available
Mens Pro Grandmasters - 3 spots available
Mens Pro Senior Grandmasters - 2 spots available
Mens Advanced- 6 spots available
Womens Advanced - 4 spots available
Advanced Masters- 4 spots available
Advanced Grandmasters - 5 spots available
Intermediate Men - 17 spots available
Intermediate Women - 0 spots available
Juniors - 1 spot available
August 24, 2014 05:14PM
Will the cards be made by points standings?
yes, the first round cards will be set by point standings within that division as usual.
August 24, 2014 07:33PM
Looking forward to that short walk to hole 1 at Budhill.
Gourley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking forward to that short walk to hole 1 at
> Budhill.

Not if he puts the pro's in our pool on the front cards...

At least I'm not starting on Hole 18....
August 25, 2014 09:56AM
Bummer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2014 09:58AM by Gourley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013