Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2014 Deep In The Game US Tour is coming to Baton Rouge

Posted by JTacoma03 
2014 Deep In The Game US Tour is coming to Baton Rouge
January 28, 2014 02:16PM
Greetings everyone,

I'm very pleased to announce that the Deep In The Game US Tour featuring Avery Jenkins and Simon Lizotte is making a stop in Baton Rouge on Saturday, March 29th at Highland Road Park (time is TBD). This is a world class instructional clinic guaranteed to improve your game, as well as a great opportunity to get your limited edition Discmania gear! Sign up early to reserve your spot:

[www.discmania.net]

and join the facebook group! Updates and information are posted here as well:

[www.facebook.com]

Any questions? feel free to ask! Let's get a good turnout, this is an awesome opportunity! I've personally taken lessons from Avery and can tell you that his input on my game sparked tremendous improvements. Though many of you might not know me, I'm from Baton Rouge, but since living in California have been working very hard to try and get some spotlight to our disc golf scene in Louisiana. I see the community making great strides already in building new courses and growing the sport, so I want to augment that by bringing that before the big guns in hopes that we can amplify the efforts already in place! Hope to see many of you in March!

James Thomas
Featured Producer at SpinTV
DITG Tour Baton Rouge Clinic Coordinator
Re: 2014 Deep In The Game US Tour is coming to Baton Rouge
January 28, 2014 02:36PM
Interesting....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
January 28, 2014 02:43PM
It really is. I don't want to sound corny or over the top, but I'm really excited for this tour. I'll be on the road with them for the Texas/Louisiana leg of the tour making videos for SpinTV - including some supplementary learning to what is taught at the clinic!
January 28, 2014 02:45PM
is there any actual playing by the people who attend the clinic?
January 28, 2014 02:56PM
Just to let you know, I am from Baton Rouge. Unfortunately, the City of Mobile Championships are that weekend so that may hurt the attendance of this event, especially for the better players from the Baton Rouge area. I am sure that it will be a success regardless, though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox

January 28, 2014 03:14PM
This disc mania event coming to Baton Rouge is a pay to attend event?
January 28, 2014 03:33PM
@hudd: I'm asking the man himself so you get a direct answer. I'll let you know his response.

@Brad Wells: Yes it's $25 in advance for a 2-hour+ clinic (or $30 day of).
January 28, 2014 04:38PM
Lafayette has to biggest disc golf community in Louisiana, If yall want a big turnout and being centrally located in the state

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
January 28, 2014 04:45PM
This is the same day as the King of The Hill Tournament at my course in Ragley.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
January 28, 2014 06:09PM
I can't think a good turnout will happen with Keith's tournament and CoM Champs the same weekend, but hopefully someone will show and learn if the event stays on this date.
January 28, 2014 09:27PM
Hey everyone, here's some updates:

Per Avery himself: This clinic is very hands on. You will get the opportunity to throw plenty of shots and get direct personal feedback, even within the context of group learning.

I definitely understand there will be some conflicts, but that's unfortunately unavoidable. There is a possibility that if a group (such as Acadiana Disc Golf Association for instance) would like to help locally coordinate and host a clinic we could run another date on either Friday March 28th or Sunday March 30th. We would need 15 confirmed people minimum to add a clinic, but we're happy to teach wherever there is a calling for it.

The reason for Baton Rouge is because this is only the start of some very cool things to happen in Louisiana disc golf, and it starts in the 225. Hopefully we can get good turnouts, or even additional dates if necessary, from Lafayette, New Orleans, and Alexandria...even Northern Louisiana come on down!

Even if you can't personally attend, please help spread the word and encourage people to sign up. This is a positive thing for our state and for our sport!
January 28, 2014 10:26PM
Sounds awesome James! We don't get many world champs that pass through to play some golf in bayou country, Ill try to get some available dates or Jacques might respond back on a good date. Thanks for the hard work!

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
January 28, 2014 10:34PM
I bet Lafayette on that Sunday would get a very good turnout. They have a very active group of players over there and some quality courses.

Casey Cox

January 30, 2014 08:48PM
Just as a heads up guys and gals - we're 2 months out from the clinic and already have 4 people signed up out of the maximum 30. Spots will go fast as word spreads and the date draws closer - so guarantee your spot while it's available!

The clinic is for all ages, kids, and ladies too! There's no minimum skill level requirement, we're just as happy to introduce someone to the game as to work on the finer points of timing to help people break distance plateaus.

As I've said before, this clinic is a very hands-on, learn-by-doing approach - and quite often Avery and Simon hang out afterwards to play a few holes or just talk shop with the attendees.
February 09, 2014 07:30PM
The clinic is 1/3rd full!

Valentine's day is coming up, and I'm sure your spouses/significant others would LOVE if you came home in a better mood because you played better. We can help with that! This isn't just about disc golf, it's about domestic bliss! ;)
February 13, 2014 02:49PM
Civil war on the 29th in southhaven ms. 2000 $ guaranteed to first place sorry fellas going to have to miss this :)
March 19, 2014 08:27AM
Is this clinic still on? I heard there was trouble with the park not allowing it to take place unless a large fee was paid. I am not trying to start rumors just trying to make plans.
March 19, 2014 07:54PM
Good Lucky getting an answer! I tried to deal with them and they are not very good at communicating in a timely manner.

[www.facebook.com]
March 23, 2014 10:18AM
Keith I have a whole chain of emails to disprove what you're saying. I don't appreciate your angle here, especially when I bent over backwards to try and work something out with you. You just didn't get the answer you wanted. Growth of the sport in our state will never come from biting the hand that feeds.

The clinic is absolutely still taking place, if there is any delay in communication I apologize, I'm in the middle of filming Texas States for SpinTV this weekend. I am going to contact all registered participants by tomorrow.

There are still spots left in the clinic so let's fill this thing up! I've said before and I'll say again that if you are on the fence and don't sign up you will kick yourself when you see the improvements to your buddies' game who did attend. You cannot get better instruction anywhere.
March 23, 2014 12:05PM
Sorry king of the hill tournament at Keith's course sounds like a much better way to spend my time

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
March 23, 2014 03:20PM
I should have been clearer in my comment, Avery is not very good at communicating in a timely manner.

James you don't know anything about what "answers" I wanted. Avery nor you haven't grown anything in this state. Coming in trying to pocket money and roll out is not growing the sport. Growing the sport is putting course in place that doesn't have them, getting disc in kids hands at school, donating disc to underprivileged kids to keep them off the street, is growing the sport. But what do I know???? I only been involved in disc golf in this state for 27 years.

What hand are you referring to that I am biting? Yours? Avery's? Simon's? How exactly am I biting a hand that feeds me?

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR MONEY GRAB!

JTacoma03 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith I have a whole chain of emails to disprove
> what you're saying. I don't appreciate your angle
> here, especially when I bent over backwards to try
> and work something out with you. You just didn't
> get the answer you wanted. Growth of the sport in
> our state will never come from biting the hand
> that feeds.

[www.facebook.com]
March 24, 2014 01:05PM
I'm not going to fall into a flame fest, sorry. This thread is about a clinic that is the first step of many in growing the game in Louisiana. Unfortunately Keith you're misinformed about a good number of things, but I'm not. I know exactly what you wanted, I've read the emails when you were disrespectful enough to go over my head because my answers weren't what you wanted to hear. I was respectful of you, your course, and your requests and I was a huge advocate for including a stop at La Cote during our tour. Your own actions caused there to be a disconnect between us and you.

On the other hand, I sincerely hope that nobody believes the outright false statements you're making about this being a "cash grab". I am fully invested in our state and the growth of the sport within. You have no idea what is coming, but you've decided to not only write me off, but intentionally troll me on a forum where I'm simply advertising an amazing opportunity for anybody that wants to grow and develop their game. The saddest part of all is that we have many principles, ideas, and goals in common and could have been allies.

I wholeheartedly respect the 27 years you've been involved, but that doesn't mean I'm going to kowtow to you. I love this sport and my home state, and I will always work to grow the disc golf community to bigger and better. I am coordinating this clinic, among other things, for free. I am not an employee of Discmania, and I get 0 compensation for this work I'm doing. I wish you, your course, and your tournament nothing but the best, but please refrain from posting in my thread unless it's on topic and positive.

James
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013