Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gautier Doubles

Posted by Hub City Sky Valet 
Hub City Sky Valet
Gautier Doubles
October 28, 2002 04:33PM
Hello fellow disc golfers, I was just wanting to know who all was planned on attending this event. I know it would help Mr. Jim and Mr. Mike out a lot if they have some idea of how many players are planned on being there ahead of time. Also if some players who aren't planned on attending see that there is going to be a good turnout, they might just change their minds and decide to go. I know in the past there usually isn't a great turnout at the Gautier events, but I was hoping that this forum, as well as it being a doubles tournament might help get the attendance up. So come on everyone let's get out and try to support this event like we do the one's in Mobile or Hattiesburg. I mean if you can come to these towns to play golf, then you can definately get over to Gautier to play. Yeah, sure the course isn't as nice as a lot of others, but it shouldn't be about that. It should be about supporting all the Southern Nationals tournaments no matter where they are held. So if anyone that is planned on attending could just take a second and reply to this forum letting us know who, and how many will be coming, I think it will help get the attendance up as well as make it a little easier for Mr. Jim and Mr. Mike. PLEASE REPLY!!!
Thanks for Listening.
H.C.S.V.
Hub City Sky Valet
Re: Gautier Doubles
October 28, 2002 04:40PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I know there will be at least one team, probably two, coming from Hattiesburg. Steve Heaps and Tony Bass will definately be there to take the pro divison, ha-ha. Well we will be there to give it a run anyway. Any pro's out there who object to this? PLEASE REPLY!!!
Sarah Free
October 28, 2002 04:50PM
I agree wholeheartedly.I think Gautier is a nice course.The park is kept up well also.I know that Debbie Blankenship and I will be there.Also,I believe that Wally and Mike Sidebottom,and Mike U and Scott(if his ankle is better).So come on people!Doubles tournaments are just as much fun as regular tourneys.We play doubles quite often just for fun.Well,I relly hope that there is a good turnout for the November 9th Doubles at Gautier.(Just please don't let it rain.I'm still soggy from the Howler).Let's show out support for all the courses.Hope to see you there,Sarah
October 28, 2002 05:28PM
for us uneducated bunch north of the MS border....WHERE THE *&^% IS GAUTIER??? Please provide the best route from the Memphis/North MS area. I've seen the postings in the past but I'm not sure I know anyone from up here who's been. Please advise.
The Zinger
October 28, 2002 05:56PM
i am planning on attending,,,but still looking for a partner....the course is a little too far to drive w/o a partner
October 28, 2002 08:04PM
ribbie shaw and i should come and take another doubles.that would be verynice.i'll talk to robbie;we are going to budhill to kick butt........will I I'm...ha//ha////
vl
October 29, 2002 09:34AM
you can find almost any course in the USA @
[www.pdga.com]

the gauthier course, located at shepard state park is located @
[www.pdga.com]

we played that course on the way back home from the howler...
it looked to be in good shape-- the hurricanes didn't do much of any damage...
October 29, 2002 02:24PM
thanks for the input and site. Learrning the curve...griff
grayson
October 29, 2002 05:13PM
i hope to make it to the tournament if my budget allows, or lack thereof. i need a partner. i was told that i should play anvanced since it is doubles. please write back if someone is planning to go and also needs a partner.
grayson
October 29, 2002 10:03PM
terry,

tony and stephen just told me who the zinger was. I need a partner for gautier. if you haven't found one i will start working on my putt.

let me know

grayson
October 29, 2002 10:47PM
What's up H.C.S.V good to see a few of you guys moving up. Way to go tony cashing on your first try. Derrick did well also, Grayson you are next! The burg keeps turning out quality products, but who are the new wave of ams, do we have any? Keep up the good work guys. Can't make Gautier but will see you at the ice bowl, later. JML
Hub City Sky Valet
October 30, 2002 08:30AM
Well Jason we do have one up and coming talent other than Grayson in the Am division. The only problem is we can't get him to come to enough tournaments to prove to him that he is a good player. His name is Rick Pierpoint and he has finished well at all the tournaments that he has played in so far. He took third at the LA Open, and at a Lafayette tournament earlier in the year (I think), plus he is always in the top five at the Paul B. tournaments. If we could get just a couple more tournaments under his belt, I think we'll have him hooked. Well back to the subject at hand , are any of the other Jackson boys going to be coming for the doubles that you know of? PLEASE REPLY!!!
October 30, 2002 02:05PM
I've got a sceduleing problem. Our good friend (and local "course pro") Todd "Toad" Traylor is getting himself hitched that day to a wonderful girl, who God knows how, has agreed to mary a toad. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to run this thing or not (i've run the last two), but I hope there is a great turnout.

Oh yea, Last year I camped out by myself and went to the boats and lost some money, but in the morning there were friends of mine almost right next to where I was camping, and neither of us knew the other was planning to camp out. In other words any one planning on camping out that Fri night???
October 30, 2002 05:36PM
Grayson,

"Man, that guy always needs a partner." You don't need no stinkin' partner. Just play singles! Hope all is well man. Be good.

John Hendon
October 30, 2002 10:11PM
hey grason this is rick if you still need a partner i'm up for it so whatcha say
October 31, 2002 12:25PM
So the sand bags have been passed from Tony on to Grayson. Way to lighten the load Tony. Funny I always thought of the beach as being by Biloxi not in Hattiesburg. Cmon Grayson -- AMs still --you gotta be kiddin. Step up dude and not just for doubles.
frzbman
grayson
October 31, 2002 04:41PM
frzbman

i have played 5 tournaments, i got a third, fourth, seventh, first, and i didn't even finish my last. the first round of my last i shot 4 up, second round i shot
14 up. in these five tournaments i have not shot under par. these are not advanced scores in my openion. my lack of consistancy is keeping me down. if anyone thinks these are advanced scores please let me know and i will give the move more consideration. as of wright now i don't think i am ready.
October 31, 2002 05:39PM
grayson, never chew more than you can handle. you need not listen to others...play where you feel comfortable. I am an advanced player, but I shoot over about as often as under. I played pro in the championship(SN) as I had played in a couple tourneys as a pro earlier. I finished 65 out of 66 and shot worse than I thought possible. It was truly a learning experience--humbling at that. Bottom line, YOU decide; don't let others be too much of an influence, although urging one's game forward is the quickest way to play better. From the other side of the coin, I've won a couple of smaller advanced tourneys and I've seen AM winners whose score crunched mine. Hard to tell, isn't it. griff
:^p
October 31, 2002 06:44PM
grayson. move up when YOU feel you should.

i think it is wise to use the SN points system to track ones skill progress regionally...

play in a division for a season or so-- and see where you "fall" in that division.

you mentioned you've only competed in a handfull of tourneys... it is not wise to move up too fast, imho...
October 31, 2002 07:29PM
grayson

you move up when your ready.I moved up after i won my first am tourney witch was only my second tourney. i played Adv. for 3 years before i started winning an playing like an adv player so you move when your ready , but on the other hand if you move up and take your lumps playing with better players you get better . but it's up to you and when you feel your ready .
Good luck to everyone . Playing the doubles , i wish i could be there but i'm getting hitched and will be leaving for a sunny place the day after.

Tony congrats on cashing at the howler . "Great" A new person to beat me now.

Todd Traylor
grayson
October 31, 2002 08:18PM
rick

i still need a partner if you can make it.

i would have called but it is kinda late.

grayson
October 31, 2002 11:04PM
yeah grayson i'll be there hey call me whenever i stay up till 12 or so
The Zinger
November 01, 2002 09:31AM
Grayson--------
people love to put the lable "sandbagger" on someone when they lose to them... They just want it to be easier for them to win. Keep up the good work and do good at doubles.
November 01, 2002 02:01PM
BOY ARE YA'LL LUCKY. tHE zINGER AND I BOTH HAVE TO GO TO tODD T'S WEDDING SO THERE GOES THE HEAT FOR THIS TOURNEY!
November 01, 2002 08:53PM
“other Jackson boys going to be coming for the doubles”. I’m thinking about it but I don’t have a partner, DW & JML can’t go. I have to be in New Orleans Friday night, but I can make it later or drive over Sat. morning. Bottom line, maybe if I find a partner. Any takers?

Kevin Lewis
601-506-1230 (cell)
klewis3903@aol.com
vl
November 01, 2002 09:26PM
kevin,

i would in a NY second, but i am not sure i'll be able to attend ...

i know mike taylor was thinking of attending and you two would be a formidable team...

later & best,
victor
November 02, 2002 06:22PM
Thanks Vic. Tell Mike to call or e-mail me if he is interested, or of course if you decide you can go let me know. I'm gonna play the N.O. courses the Friday afternoon before, in case anybody wants to join me.
November 02, 2002 08:14PM
hey vic

seeing that i'm in new york right now , just let me tell you a new york min. is a long @#$%& time. Ha! Ha! naaaaa this is a great city. but no golf courses close to me the closes one is about an hour away, but it was in the dg world news about 3 issues back so if i get the tiime i will hit it. Havent played golf since the day i left , when me and mike(goby) played bug-in-your-ear park in waveland,ms.

see everyone soon
Todd
jim
November 03, 2002 06:52AM
hey leave buganeer alone i mean buccaneer , good luck this weekend todd ,remember the new rules after the wedding, #1 always call first when coming home early (no need of losing a good freind)#2 treat each other like adults(do not treat each other like mommy and daddy , (you want get to go anywhere)#3 when she mad be quite. #4 at night rub her , talk to her , and most of all ask her how her day was. god bless you both and many good years to the both of you. now go ace one,
jim
vl
November 03, 2002 08:46AM
hey kevin,
i will see goby (mike t) today and will mention that to him.
it is doubtful that i will be able to attend the goatyay event...
but if i could i'd surely team up with Jacksons' finest in a heartbeat!
have fun in nawilins... rivendell is a blast, in my opinion...
(ps. i birdied hole 14 at the goat with a roller on the way home from the howler... a bunch of us stopped and played wolf at that course... goby has that "shot" too :^)

hey todd,
getting close to the big day!
congrats to you and the "soon to be" Mrs Traylor...
listen to jimo... words of wisdom there, mon frere...
btw, that was pretty darn good fortune to run into goby on the interstate on the way to the big apple for a "round" at bug'neer before your 24hr trek to NY,NY... who'da thunk!
is central park too crowded for object golf-- OR WHAT? :^p

jimo,
todd never gets aces :^P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013