Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
The Zinger
Rivendell Farm; St.
November 04, 2002 12:58PM
Rivendell has had a number of trees downed by a recent storm, one accross the road. The owner asks all players to park outside the farm and walk in. PLEASE do not drive across the rest of the property.
The Zinger
Re: Rivendell Farm; St. Rose, LA
November 04, 2002 01:00PM
crap, pressed enter accidentally

I read this on the PDGA forum
Daniel Lawrence wrote:

"Rivendell has had a number of trees downed by a recent storm, one accross the road. The owner asks all players to park outside the farm and walk in. PLEASE do not drive across the rest of the property. "

Just thought I might put it on this board
Re: Rivendell Farm; St.
November 13, 2002 10:45PM
the tree across the road has been removed. Winter league on Sundays at Rivendell farm begins officially on Sunday Dec.1 and continues every Sunday until March.
Tee-off anytime between 9-10 am Sundays at the Farm
November 14, 2002 10:55AM
What's the status for a Madness tourney this year? I know the rain usually screws it up, but that is by far one of the best tourneys all year, imo (to quote VL).
vl
November 14, 2002 12:37PM
imo has been around for decades, i didn't make that up-- and that is not an opinion-- but a fact. :)

it boils down to being too lazy to type 8 extra keystrokes-- ;^p

btw, MGM is indeed one of the best events, imho.
vl
November 18, 2002 01:07AM
mgm organizers, (mike)

if you email me dates, t times and other info, etc... i'll build another web page for the 2003 event like last year...
vl
November 18, 2002 01:07PM
mike,

where ya at... just wondering if you've got dates set for the MGM
November 18, 2002 09:46PM
vic, i posted the dates under the calendar subject. here they are again:

2003 Mardi Gras Madness PDGA B-Tier

February 22-23, 2003

also there is a one day tournament December 21, 2002 at the farm.

definitely appreciate the website...could you post it here or e-mail it to me so i can get it linked to the PDGA website?

a thousand thank-you's, mikey
vl
November 18, 2002 09:59PM
you got it...

as far as a web site for the MGM-- if you email me the bulk of the info once you have a flyer (or whatever) i'll build another web page for the event like last year...

it has not been built yet, but once i get some confirmed MGM info to build a web site out of... the address will be

[ldga.bravepages.com]

(it is a free server... the downside is the advertising banners)
John Kittrell
November 21, 2002 09:39AM
Mike K
I posted the December Rivendell tournament on the tournament page. I know you were debating if you would make it a SN tournament or not . Can you let me know your decision so I can let everyone know. Want to give you the pub but also don't want to mislead anybody. It would be unfair if people went to the tournament expecting to get points and then find out it's not a SN tournament. Anyway, let me know...
Thanks
John K
vl
November 22, 2002 10:51AM
mike,

there is a preliminary page set up for your event set up @

[ldga.bravepages.com]

as soon as you have entry fee info, etc... email me and i will update that web page for you.
November 25, 2002 08:45PM
mr. kitrell, since i appreciate your volunteer efforts,and since you once held our course record, i officially announce that the 4th Annual Rivendell Open will be a Southern Nationals Qualifier. That's Saturday December 21 tee off at 10 am.
Open $30 white tees both rounds
Masters $30 red tees rd1, white tees rd 2
GMaster $25 red tees both rounds
Advanced $25 white tees both rounds
Amateur $22 red tees rd1, white tees rd 2
AmMaster $22 red tees rd1, white tees rd 2
Novice $17 red tees both rounds
AmLadies $12 red tees both rounds

N.O. Team T.d.
mikey k
November 25, 2002 08:49PM
Volunteers are requested for the 2003 Mardi Gras Madness as well. If you can cook, cut grass, find sponsors, make scorecards or flyers, or would like to help any other way N.O. Team would certainly appreciate the help. Thanks to all our past volunteers.
November 25, 2002 09:27PM
Mikey K, I'll be glad to help in some way for MGM. Not yet sure how I can contribute, but I'll be happy to help.
vl
November 25, 2002 10:18PM
i'll help design the scorecards and flyers. my printer is on the fritz, but i can lay them out and email you the documents to be printed...

as far as sponsors, try offering 25$ per hole sponsorships to get started.
25 X 18 = 450

if you decide to do this, i'll help create some signs for the tboxs for whomever is a sponsor...
November 25, 2002 10:43PM
Mikey

I would love to help out in anyway. I will give you all the time i can give you . So let me know what i can do , to help out.

Just get in touch with me and let me know ,what i can do .

I will try and make winter leauge, as soon as i can, but will be working in houston for the next few week. So I won't make it for the first few weeks but i will make it .

Todd (the toad) Traylor
Tony Bass
November 27, 2002 09:47AM
Mike,
I think as far as sponsorship goes, the best way to raise some quick cash as VL stated is to offer $25 hole sponsorships. Then contact at least one person from each SNDG town (B.R., H'burg, Mobile, Jackson, N.O., etc..) and get them to raise just like $5 from each of their touring/club members, until they get the $25, and then they can have a hole sponsored in the name of their club. And this could take off and get pretty competitive amongst towns just to see who can sponsor more holes at more tournaments. Bragging rights amongst towns would give people more of an incentive to donate money to tournaments. I think this should go on for every Southern Nationals tournament because it would not be hard for an entire town of disc golfers to raise at least $25 for one hole sponsorship. (I mean this isn't a lot of money to raise, and some people that don't get to tour as much as they would like may just sponsor an entire hole themself to show that they will support S.N.D.G. even when they can't attend the event). This is just an idea but I think it would really help because like I said, it's not a lot of money to raise, but it would go a long way as far as making a tournament that much better. You could add some to the pro payout, or the am payout, or you could use this money for ctp's or ring of fire's or whatever you want to use it for. Whatever the case is, when people see all these extra's being added to a tournament they will be more willing to attend. Which in turn should promote a better turnout at all events. I mean after atending a Lafayette tournament and being exposed to ctp's on 18 of the 27 holes, and ring of fire's at the end, I must say that I will attend every event there possible before I went anywhere else because this proved to mean that Lafayette knows how to put on a good tournament, and they care about people wanting to come back. Mike, I know that you could count on the Hub City Sky Valet to sponsor at least one hole, probably two. And I think this could go for most any town with a course and at least a handful of players. Lets hear some thoughts on the subject.
jim
December 01, 2002 05:22PM
thank you mike for making your dec 21 tournament a s.n.q. let me know what i can do , ill try to make it if the body works that day ,good luck ,am sure matt will want to come to it ,jim
Tony Bass
December 19, 2002 06:44PM
I just wanted to get this info. back to the top! White tee's both rounds, whew, that's going to be interesting!! I can't wait though! I sure hope some more of you golfers out there are planned on coming. It might be a little sloppy, but it will be a whole lot of fun!! C-ya there!
TB
December 20, 2002 10:07AM
I'll be seeing you'll bright and early on Saturday. When's the players meeting?
Tony Bass
December 20, 2002 11:28AM
Jonas,
Above, it says that tee off is @ 10:00, so my guess is that its probably set for 9:30. Are you still in Poplarville, or are you down the bayou???
TB
December 20, 2002 01:13PM
I'm down the bayou. When are you coming down? If you want to come in tonight, you can stay at my place.
Boston
December 20, 2002 02:11PM
I think Tony, Grayson, Steve and I are coming down early tomorrow morning to play a round or two before the tourney.
Tony Bass
December 20, 2002 08:38PM
Well Jonas it looks like everyone is wussin' out. I really want to come, but have no ride now that everyone has suddenly decided they can't afford it, or don't want to have to get up at 6 am, or some excuse!! Wish I could make it, but unfortunately it looks like I won't. Unless someone out there is going to be coming by Hattiesburg on their way down? If someone is, I sure would appreciate a ride. I'd be glad to help with gas money, and I think I am decent company! If anyone happens to be coming this way please reply to this forum and let me know which way your coming from, and I'll meet you somewhere. Thanks alot!
TB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013