Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Blue Angel Tourny ?

Posted by mike sidebottom 
Blue Angel Tourny ?
November 05, 2002 07:03AM
Jim if Dec. 14th is o.k. with you that will be the target date for our next tournament. If that's ok I will start the ball rolling on this end. Call or e-mail me back
mike
jim
Re: Blue Angel Tourny ?
November 05, 2002 08:36AM
that would be great ,ill turn it in now ,if you want me to run it let me know ,jim
November 05, 2002 10:13AM
Jim
yes I am sorry I meant I want you to run it. Of course we will all be here to help me thomas glenn dale and the rest. Also let me know if you want a trailer and I will set that up. One more thing help me think of a name for this tourny. The last I heard my brother Thom has received his golf course and is ready to build. You may want to call him at (850) 623-2383
November 07, 2002 02:34PM
jim i would like to here about some of the tourny that come up.please call me at 501-658-1469 and let me know.I'll try to come to them.......thanks.
jim
November 12, 2002 04:32PM
this is the best way to keep up ,ill try to call, pensacola is a very nice course with lots to do for non disc golf players ,beach, back bay on #4 hole, campground, trailers for rent accross from the course, dog track, the course it self is short tricky and has all the extra, water station, concrete tee ,pavillion,and home to wally kick ass free. hope to see you soon,now go ace one for me. jim
November 14, 2002 09:42AM
Hey mike does anyone have info on camping I think some of us Hub City Sky Vallet dudes are coming down from hattiesburg .. Never played the course and cant wait. Friday afternoon we wanted to come and check it out. thanx... PS Jonas still sux
November 14, 2002 12:45PM
Jim, sorry to digress, but I've had trouble reaching you via e-mail so I'll ask you this question here.

What does one have to do to get a tournament, such as the Shoals Frisbee Club's Ice Bowl, Jan. 18, two rounds of 21 holes, sanctioned as an SNDG event? Please let me know. I think being an '03 points qualifier might help draw some people.

E-mail me at this address or russ.corey@timesdaily.com. Actually, if you reply before 6 p.m., go ahead and send the reply to both.

Again, sorry for going off thread! Russ C.
November 14, 2002 02:01PM
disc daddy
We have tent,r.v., primitive cabins, and two bedroom trailers for camping you must be military or d.o.d. or sponsered by. I will be glad to sponser you in the park for that weekend. I need to know what you want. So please call me at 850-453-1147 or 850 382-4912.
mike
November 17, 2002 10:10PM
BY the way how much is the tourney gonna be my wife is riding me about so much money being spent around christmas.. Jonas why dont you ever call? You suck..later
vl
November 18, 2002 01:41AM
whoohoo, another course with cabins!! that is one of the best things about hattiesburg... having cabins right near a course...

how much for the cabins per day?
November 20, 2002 12:23PM
I s anybody gonna see about the prices for the cabins or at least a number fopr us Thanx
November 20, 2002 12:54PM
d-daddy
you must be military or sponsered by retired military, dod, or active duty. Iwill be glad to sponser call me in the day at 850-382-4912 or evening at 850-492-0785 cost is $50.00 per night for 2 berroom trailers or $75.00 for 2 nights.
November 20, 2002 12:57PM
Anyone wanting to stick around sunday morning after the tournament let me know and we will get some kind of doubles going and maybe cookout or whatever
H.C.S.V.
November 20, 2002 01:49PM
That sounds like a lot of fun! If we come all the way over there from Hattiesburg I would definately like to make a weekend out of it. Especially with the price for two nights being as low as it is. $75 sounds very reasonable for a for a two bedroom trailer. What all do these trailers have inside them (fridge, stove, microwave)?? Do they have heat/AC? And are there any still available? A doubles event on Sunday would be a blast!! Maybe draw for partners, $5 a head. That would be interesting, plus it would give everyone a chance to meet and play with someone new. Lets hear some thoughts on the subject........
November 20, 2002 02:19PM
hcsv
the trailers are a total package all the comforts of home with daily custodial service. I will be staying there along with wally sarah mike u. and maybe jim. you need to call however because they are going fast
H.C.S.V.
November 20, 2002 02:24PM
Thanks for the reply Mike. I will contact all the golfers tonight and find out exactly who is going and talk it over with them about the trailers. Look for a reply late tonight or early tommorrow, or maybe even a call tonight. Thanks again.
Tony
November 22, 2002 11:26AM
Can anyopne tell me the divisions that will be established for this tournament and entry fee.R,
Bob
November 22, 2002 03:30PM
contact jim he is running the tournament. but i beleave that he will run all the same divisions he did here in april
H.C.S.V.
November 22, 2002 04:44PM
Mike,
We definately want to reserve one of those trailers for two nights. So if there are any left please reserve one under the name "Hub City Sky Valet". If you need any other information call me at home at 601-579-9061. If I am not there please leave a message on the answering machine. Thanks again, and we'll be seeing you soon.
Tony Bass
November 24, 2002 01:44PM
h.c.s.v.
please give me a call at 850- 382- 4912 if you would like for me to sponser you in.
Tony Bass
December 05, 2002 10:41AM
I didn't want this thread getting too far down the list so as people wouldn't forget about it. Also what are the entrance fees going to be??? Also, is there going to be a novice division??? Will they receive a small bag or two discs, like most tournaments used to do for the novice division? We are hoping to bring some first time tournament players with us from Hattiesburg, and neither of them have a bag, is the reason I am asking. This would be a good incentive for them to want to come all the way over there for their first tournament. Someone please reply and let me know!!
December 05, 2002 11:28AM
Tony
I am sure Jim is going to have a novice tournament. We have many military folks who are going to compete for the first time as well. I ask for a show of hands during our captains cup competition and counted at least 25 guys that said they would be here. Now as far as what Jim is going to give out you will have to contact him. Prizes from the park will be the usual free boat rentals and weekend stays in the trailers.
mike
December 05, 2002 04:07PM
Yo HCSV,
I can gaurentee that Jim will have a nov division, with the normal entry prizes. I'm not sure if he has gone up to $17 or if it is still $15, but other wise the other divisions should be the same.

Don't forget to get Mike S to sponser you to be able to get in on to the base, and that Military law is the law of the land there.

We need to show the Blue Angel Park people all the respect and gratitude and thanks for giving us a very nice course close in Fla.

I will be trying to make it, and this will be a good time to get a Bag Tag at a tournament, so Jim, bring some with you.

Peace,
Willy BTc
Tony Bass
December 13, 2002 09:21AM
Just wanted to send this topic back to the top so as people don't forget that its this weekend!! C-ya'll there!!!
Tony Bass
December 13, 2002 09:23AM
I'm sure this is posted somewhere. But I couldn't find it. Could someone please list the entrance fees for this weekends tourney.
Thanks
mike sidebottom
December 15, 2002 05:07PM
to all:
thanks to all you fine folks who came to the tournament. i think all went well and all had a great time. jim orrum you are the best no matter what wally says. see you at the meeting in p-cola i hope.
December 16, 2002 04:35AM
...and hat's off to Mike Sidebottom and Jim Orum for running a fun tourney. About 79 folks played, including 26 novices!
Todd Rowell
December 16, 2002 06:22AM
Who won??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013