Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sponsorships & Team Outreach

Posted by 16045 
Sponsorships & Team Outreach
June 26, 2000 02:19PM
Greetings,

I have met with a number of media and sports related businesses concerning event sponsorships and also a "sponsored team" of pro players. (sorry ams, but the pro status skill level is what the potential cash sponsors are interested in)

Anyway, I am now accepting bios, resumes and player history info from open men and women who are interested in being considered for individual sponsorships for the 2001 SN & PDGA series.

The criteria is fairly simple: the businesses that I am negotiating with are interested in athletes that will represent their "name" while on tour. Common sense dictates that "folks with bad karma" need not apply.

The proposed individual player sponsorships are similar to what we organized when I used to race windsurfers at a pro level. The businesses would front traveling money and entry fees for the "team" of open players that are selected. These "team" players would be required to wear logos or similar promotional stuff at the events they participate in. Those selected would be asked to represent the sporting products & or clothing from the sponsors.

Open players that are interested in being considered should forward a resume, bio, and tourney results from as many seasons as they have competed as a pro to:

Disc Golf News
315 1/2 Jefferson St
Lafayette, LA 70501
337-232-8382
editor@discgolfnews.com

ps...
Also I am really close to landing a major media sponsor for the SN tour. They are a national company and are interested in community outreach on a regional level. Jim0 deserves support for the fine work and professional sports events he produces and I am only interested in the development of the SN Series. I am an AM player (if I was pro it could be seen as a conflict of interest, obtaining cash sponsorships that I potentially end up with the proceeds)

Victor 16045
thanks victor,disc golf is growing and this is what we need,good luck to you,and let me know if i can help you,jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Dex
Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013