Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Re: Calendar of events for 2003
November 19, 2002 06:17PM
18 Louisiana Tournaments
11 Mississppi Tournaments
7 Alabama Tournaments
3 Florida Tournaments
2 Tennessee Tournaments
2 Arkansas Tournaments

Heh...this is just so far. Anyone see a trend here? Someone better point out which Louisiana Tournaments are the special ones. ;D

Brad
TheZinger
November 19, 2002 07:23PM
Baton Rouge has always had 8 tournaments. But now Toad has a couple. I think that is why Will has decided to have the LA States be a traveling tourney. This is a good idea. Lafayette has a great course and they know how to run a really good tournament. Mikey only has a 2-3 a year, but the Mardi Gras Madness is a tournament you don't want to miss.

As far as the special ones:

FEB 22,23 - MARDI GRAS MADNESS - RIVENDELL - ST ROSE, LA - B-TIER
MAR 1 - CAP CITY OPEN - HIGHLAND - BATON ROUGE
APR 5,6 - ACADIANA PARK - LAFAYETTE
AUG - S'PORT CITY DG CHALLENGE - SHREVEPORT - PDGA & SNQ ****
AUG 9 - SUMMER SIZZLER - HIGHLAND - BATON ROUGE
AUG 30, 31 - SN FINALS - PROS - BATON ROUGE
SEPT 27, 28 - LA OPEN - BOTH COURSES - BATON ROUGE - PDGA & SNQ
OCT - LA STATES - SHREVEPORT ****
NOV 29 - TURKEY SHOOT - MONROE
vl
November 19, 2002 08:40PM
dg guy,

thanks for pointing out the errors in the dates... that is why i put them up here in an effort to get folks to help check for errors before a "finished list"

as far as the Florence / W. C. Handy is posted on teh 6th, this is a Wednesday?.... the 6th stands for the sixth annual... and according to the guy that emailed the event to me it is not yet a "firm" date...

again, thanks for the assistance... it gets kind of confusing there are so many events...

i will make the corrections you point out to the "master list" i'm working on...
vl
November 19, 2002 08:47PM
Tombigbee / Fall Classic will be the 13th & 14th

which month is this in...
November 19, 2002 09:01PM
VL, I'm probably the guy who e-mailed you the info about the W.C. Handy event, unless it was Bill. You're correct. It is the 6th (Sixth) Annual and I can only assume (safely, I hope) that we will once again have this event. It's a one day that is usually held during the W.C. Handy Music Festival, itself a good enough reason to come to the Shoals.

I don't know who posted the info about the Alabama State Disc Championships. It was in May 2002, but we have yet to determine which city will host it (Florence, Huntsville, Birmingham or Mobile(?). As soon as that's decided I or someone else will forward a date.

The Spring Fling-It has probably been in March, with one or two exceptions, in March since 1983!

I'm running the Ice Bowl on Jan. 18 so that date is correct. I also e-mailed Jim about this one.

Thanks for all the work on the calendar. Russ C>
vl
November 19, 2002 09:13PM
thanks for the info, russ.

whenever possible, folks, please list as much info as possible.

i am not as familiar with these events as a local might be so when refering to an event, please list month, day, event name, course, etc...

it really helps.

btw, what are the dates for the WC Handy event? :)

Sat, August ?
November 19, 2002 09:53PM
VL, That date has not been set, but if we need to set one this early, I can talk to Kyle and see which weekend he wants to have it. It's usually the last week of the festival, so first I'll have to find out when the last day is. Complicated, Huh? I really don't want to speak for him at this point, so give me a little time. I believe I heard that the festival was being moved up a week because school was starting earlier. That would mean the festival would end on Saturday Aug. 2. But don't go with that till I can confirm something. It could be that we wouldn't want to set the date because our course might not be here and our new one might not be in the ground yet. But now I'm really getting off the subject and into one that deserves its own thread <G> Thanks, Russ >C
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013