Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Flanacher Grand Opening

Posted by Dex 
Dex
Flanacher Grand Opening
October 13, 2009 01:41PM
It is finally official !!!!!

The Grand Opening of Flanacher Disc Golf Course in Zachary La. (North of Baton Rouge, Baker) is Saturday, October the 24th. 9:00 to 11:00 A.M.

21 hole course, concrete tile pads 5 ft.X 12 ft. for the pro tees, natural tees from the orange (maybe concrete in the future)

Small hill for # 19's tee box, mound for # 17's basket, why? because we asked them to.

BREC has installed 6 redwood stained wood and pipe benches (concreted) and permanet trash cans (barrels) mounted on treated wooded 4''x 4'' poles, actually bolted to just tilt and empty.

Message Board should be up soon, not sure if it will be ready for the 24th., but the whole park, Soccer complex, Rec. building, and play ground will be open to all.

I, Will Timmons, Joe Braud, Chad Rouse, Stephan Harrison, and the B.R.D.G.A
would like to extend a really big ''THANK YOU'' to the Mayor of Zachary (Henry Martinez), BREC, and especially to Ted Jack, Dan Hebert, and our main Contact, Brett Wallace, who went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with the outcome.

This park proves that by just being a good neighbor, and people working together, that good things can and will happen for Disc Golf.

So please come and play OUR new course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dex Braud
Re: Flanacher Grand Opening
October 13, 2009 02:00PM
Sounds Awesome!
Can't wait to get up that way and play.
October 13, 2009 02:45PM
Sounds great!

Awesome job guys!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Dex
October 13, 2009 03:20PM
Here are the distances of the hole's, # 1 though # 11 is moderately wooded, the back 10 holes are more open , some tunnel shots, and things to navigate . The back of the park is ''ONLY'' Disc Golf.

out
Pro Par 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 30
Distance 245 236 280 367 399 558 283 461 360 213 3402
out total
3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 33 63
336 266 591 323 309 559 666 238 412 348 296 4344 7746

out
Distance AM. 175 190 220 267 316 286 245 356 261 213 2529
out total
234 261 415 225 309 300 350 238 337 283 260 3213 5741

Dex
Anonymous User
October 13, 2009 07:28PM
Dex, congratulations! I'm looking forward to the next tournament out there. I hope these ladies show up for the Grand Opening

Dex
October 13, 2009 08:01PM
Dude, You must have E.S.P.

I just got off the phone with these Ladies, they said if you have a Z -Town Throw- Down

They would attend to meet the Forum Famous ''Bluff Magee''

So there it is

Dex
October 13, 2009 09:34PM
Let me know if they're coming, I call dibs on the one on the right!
October 14, 2009 08:52PM
Technically holes 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16, and 17 are par 4's and the overall course par is 70...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2009 08:53PM by cox3.
Anonymous User
October 14, 2009 08:58PM

Casey, please, think before you post. 6, 13, and 17 are the only par 4s out there.
October 14, 2009 09:03PM
Maybe from the Gold... 17 is definitely long from the gold.

October 14, 2009 09:46PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Casey, please, think before you post. 6, 13, and
> 17 are the only par 4s out there.

People who don't understand golf annoy me. Any hole where the objective of the tee shot is to get in position to have a clear second shot at the basket is a par 4, no matter how short the hole is. 4, 9, 11, and 16 are not 2'able without an insanely lucky drive or making a very long and/or difficult second shot, either of which would warrant an eagle.
Dex
October 14, 2009 10:46PM
Actually Casey, I wanted to make pro par 66, but was talked out of it. All involved discussed just what you mentioned, but there it is, pro par 63.

I personally believe 70 is to high, and to simple to achieve. Thanks for the input though, will keep it in mind on the future expansion

Dex
October 14, 2009 10:59PM

October 15, 2009 02:28AM
Gilligan Wrote:
> [rlv.zcache.com]
> 7121446887083smi_400.jpg

*sorry Matt, but that pic had to go... come on*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2009 09:24AM by Gilligan.
October 15, 2009 05:35AM
Yea casey i agree but seventy is a little too high because sixteen isnt really a par four, i put it fifty feet and hit the basket on my putt and i have heard that 11 was birdied by J.T with a tomahawk so im thinkin like 66 or 67

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone always ask me how i throw far and the only answer is........... FORM!!!!!

2009 Junior World Champion
Team Innova
Team LsDiscs
Dex
October 15, 2009 07:10AM
Mike; I agree with you. As a matter of fact, Ted Jack, the Man who makes the call for BREC, told me at the States, he wants to put bigger and better tee signs out there. I don't think he liked them much. So at that time, I am thinking about having the signs reflect the pro pars, with 6, 13, and 17, as par 4's. Will wanted to put what an AM would shoot from the pads, so they would have a better feeling about the course.
Please give me your thoughts on this, I appreciate your help.

Thanks Mike
Dex
October 15, 2009 07:41AM
Actually, I can see Casey's point on this.
But, 66 would probably be right.
Dex
October 15, 2009 09:15AM
Yeah; I see his point, also starting to see some of these holes getting easier to throw. Players are finding alternate shots, (something Ronnie and Ian) kept telling me, on alot of these harder holes, and I think the scores will reflect that in a few months. So by the time we get new signs, I am sure we can all be in agreement on what they should read.
Jose brought up a great point about distance from tee box to basket should be a straight measurement. Alot of the holes where you can't see the basket, is measured like ball golf, going down the middle of the fairway. With all that being said, Players from Baton Rouge, are usually adamant about par 3s.
So I guess we will play the course for a few months, get together, Cuss and Discuss, like here on the forum, then play a round. Hopefully it is a big round of Wolf

Dex
October 15, 2009 09:30AM
I say break that mold and make some par 4's!!!

Lex
October 15, 2009 10:39AM
4, 11, and 16 are definately 2able Casey. I pretty consistantly have a putt at 4 and 11 within 30, and the long arms can reach 16, even I had a shot at it with a roller and I've seen about four people put it close enough in the air.

225-268-9315
October 15, 2009 12:44PM
I stand by my opinion that it is par 70. Just because you throw a huge turnover that somehow manages to fly through the trees into putting range(hole 4) or an insane backhand cut roller that also manages to miss all the trees in the route to the basket and mkae it to putting range(hole 9) or just throw it as harder as you can in some variation and get lucky enough to make it through the woods into putting range(hole 11) doesn't make the hole a par 3. Some major clearing would be required on these 3 holes to make them par 3's. The smart and skillful play on these 3 holes is to place your drive in a position to leave yourself a clear second shot at the basket. Throwing through woods and hoping to get into putting range does not constitute a viable drive option on a par 3. Hole 16 may be a par 3. Maybe I just haven't seen the right people play the hole. To me the length in combination with the wall of trees surrounding the basket makes it a par 4. I don't think anyone could get a putt inside of 50 feet more than 1 out of 10 times AT BEST on that hole. People need to realize that a) length is not a factor in determining the par of a hole, and b) just because a hole CAN possibly be 2'ed on occasions does not make it a par 3. Old hole 9 at Greenwood was a par 4 and it was very short and was 2'ed from time to time. But if a professional player can't stand on a tee and think "if I throw this shot on this hole and execute it the way I intend to I will definitely have a putt at a 2" the hole is most likely a par 4.
October 15, 2009 04:26PM
Yea you have to think about if anyone would play the hole, what if avery jenkins or dave feldberg came they would probably birdy some of those holes, i would definately agree with dex with 6, 13, and 17 but i think nine would be one too the dogleg left hole, there is no way of birdiing that one

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone always ask me how i throw far and the only answer is........... FORM!!!!!

Team Innova
Team LsDiscs
Ian
October 15, 2009 05:03PM
cox3 Wrote:
> Technically holes 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16, and 17 are
> par 4's and the overall course par is 70...

I had a 25 foot put for two on hole 4 from the pros....I missed it but thats beside the point.
October 15, 2009 05:21PM
Ian Wrote:
>
>
> I had a 25 foot put for two on hole 4 from the
> pros....I missed it but thats beside the point.

That message brought to you by:

Anonymous User
October 15, 2009 07:55PM
Casey, if you use your logic to deternine par, then you would also have to make hole 18 a par 2.

9 times out of ten an average pro will birdie hole 18.
October 15, 2009 08:23PM
In that case nineteen could be a par four toooo lol

Team Innova
Team LsDiscs
October 15, 2009 09:18PM
If you can make it on the "green" in one shot, then it's a par 3, if you can get on the "green" in 2 shots, then it is a par 4, if you can get on the green in 3 shots then it is a par 5.

Hole 16 is a par 4 because the most people can get to the green in 2 or more shots, not 1. Tiger Woods and others make eagles on par 5s while many more either birdie it or par it.

Terry Zeringue
October 16, 2009 05:56AM
but even though it is a par for or five doesn't mean its un eagleable because at USDGC i was looking and there were lots of eagles on three or four holes

Team Innova
Team LsDiscs
October 16, 2009 07:36AM
zing i like your idea; that makes everything a par 4 for me.
Dex
October 16, 2009 08:40AM
So would that mean, at Highland, Am par would be 58

and Pro par would be, what 62 ?

and I believe it would have made Greenwoods 57

Just curious, by the way, would love to see a good show of players at the opening, if your not at the Howler

Dex
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013