Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Info about Brad Greiner - Ohio DG'er that was in LA for Katrina Roofing Work - A True Hero

Posted by WillyBT 
Info about Brad Greiner - Ohio DG'er that was in LA for Katrina Roofing Work - A True Hero
December 15, 2009 10:08AM
I know this should go in the off topic thread, and it may get moved, but many people don't go to that forum, and I wanted to get this info out to all.

Attached is an article from Columbus, Ohio paper describing what happened to Brad Greiner.

[www.dispatch.com]

Brad was a roofer from Ohio that came to LA to help with roofing work. I met him at Highland, and played many rounds of disc golf with him and his brother. Most local disc golfers may remember him as the guy that would get discs out of the creek and actually return them!! Many - many discs returned!!

He was back in Ohio and was staying with friends, when two robbers broke in and threatened the wife of the couple he was staying with. He was shot and killed trying to protect her and the house sometime in late November. He was a true hero that will always be in my thoughts and prayers when I throw a disc. Or if I find one with a name on it - I'll actually call them and let them know I've found it.

A real tragedy - and just wanted to share it with the rest of the SN community.

Willy BT

[www.dispatch.com]
Re: Info about Brad Greiner - Ohio DG'er that was in LA for Katrina Roofing Work - A True Hero
December 15, 2009 10:16AM
Thats horrible. Sorry to hear that BT. Thanks for posting this.

Dont take things for granted people. Life is a great thing.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
What a shame!

Freakin' thieves.....
Thieves my arse ....try upgrading that bull to KILLERS. Once again the good guy gets the short end of the ugly stick. In the end these murderers will get theirs. Sounds like a guy I would have liked to have met. What a shame for sure. Life is indeed short enjoy YOURS to fullest.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
Will,, thank you for posting this as i for sure remember this guy. This is sad and my prayers will go out to his family and friends.

Terry Zeringue
Very unfortunate. Makes me sad.
Hope they catch those MF'S!
wish more people were like that.willing to give and not just thinking about themselfs.thanks for sharing that story.

team birdiemonster.com-bill tyler
WillyBT or TZ jog my memory. What did he look like. I'm sure I saw him around, just trying to remember.

Regardless, sorry to hear that. That's truly terrible and sadly is just a reminder of the world we live in. All the more reason to enjoy each moment.
Sorry Will, I miss ya my brother. SNDG is a great extended family. Truly are good people and I'm blessed to have y'all as friends even if I've haven't met you personally. Peace to all.
Man That really sux always the good die to soon
kinda puts things in perspective. thats why i love disc golf, good honest people.

southside/ thanks for sharing that/ happy holidays,( brad wells, good to hear from you my brother, you are personally invited to the smack down VI)
seeing this post made my day...i'm brads little sister and to see something nice said about him is a relief...there has been so many disgusting things posted on the internet about him and they obviously didnt know him...i too have taken on his good deeds like not littering my cig butts even tho he would have wanted me to quit and i have taken up disc golf and love it tremendously. thank you again.
thank you all for your posts and getting his story out much appreciated...theres a disc golf course here in ohio that actually has a dedicated plaque for him which i know he would get a kick out of...thank you all again i cant say it enough :)
Rouster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WillyBT or TZ jog my memory. What did he look
> like. I'm sure I saw him around, just trying to
> remember.
>
> Regardless, sorry to hear that. That's truly
> terrible and sadly is just a reminder of the world
> we live in. All the more reason to enjoy each
> moment.

Rouster, here is an article with a picture of him.

link

thats my bro...he looked like a grizzly man lol thats just proof of a hard worker

heres a better picture of em if anyones interested
meganramsey88 Wrote:
> thats my bro...he looked like a grizzly man lol
> thats just proof of a hard worker

Megan, glad you are slinging the disc!

Did they ever catch the guys that did this?

Like Will said he was a BRAVE man to do what he did and I am sure he is being paid back in his afterlife.

Yah i love disc golf...its a great way to get out and relieve the every day stress.

We actually just found out yesterday that they found one of the guys, not the shooter, and he is going to be extradited from indiana to ohio sometime next week for murder, were hoping that this will give us some information to brads actually murderer.

And most def he will get paid back...hes a wonderfully brave man

Thank you for your comments

Megan
great to hear
Sweet!
That coward will roll on his partner
and they will both get theirs!!

JUSTICE!
Amen

it MUST be the plastic
yes indeed they will all get theres...thank you all for taking the time to read this post...its been wonderful to see so many nice things said unlike the stupid blogs that appear...i will keep you updated...thank you again
meganramsey88 Wrote:
> yes indeed they will all get theres...thank you
> all for taking the time to read this post...its
> been wonderful to see so many nice things said
> unlike the stupid blogs that appear...i will keep
> you updated...thank you again

Megan, the world needs more Brads! take Care and keep us posted on what comes of the piece of s H i T that was involved with this.

and Happy Easter to you and yours ;o]

Tax Man Wrote:

Megan, the world needs more Brads! take Care and keep us posted on what comes of the piece of s H i T that was involved with this.

and Happy Easter to you and yours ;o]

Thank you so very much! Will do and i will let you know of anything else that comes about....Hope you had a happy easter as well!

Info from the columbus dispatch
i recall meeting Brad and remember a warm smile as in the picture you posted Megan. i am sorry for your loss Megan and for OUR loss as well.
if you ever make it down south let us know and we will play a round in his memory. he is a HERO.

Thank you so much, he is def unforgettable. If i ever make it back down south i'll let you all know...and yes, he truly is A HERO...

thank you all again for your kind words.

Megan
just to update everyone ....they caught the getaway driver not long after my lil sis posted her comments about catching one of the guys ,and this last monday they got the guy that shot brad and know the name of a guy that was the lookout.so they have caught 3 of the 4 so far and the most important of which is the shooter , so hopefully in the next 2 to 3 years we will have justice for our family. and i wanna give a big thanks to Will for letting the story out , your a good man. please keep my brothers memory alive and return them discs!
Re: Info about Brad Greiner - Ohio DG'er that was in LA for Katrina Roofing Work - A True Hero
July 23, 2010 03:09PM
Well, at least that is some good news... maybe you guys can get some closure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
That is great to hear

Terry Zeringue
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 43
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013