Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Orleans Doubles Championships

Posted by PMurrdah 
New Orleans Doubles Championships
January 07, 2010 11:42AM
Feb. 20th 2010

2 rounds of best shot at Lafreniere Park

*Players meeting: 9:30 am
*Tee off: 10am sharp
*2nd round 1 hour after last card turned (*may change)

Entry Fees: Per Team
Open Pro - $70.00
Pro Masters - $65.00
Pro Grandmasters - $60.00
Pro Open Women - $60.00
Advanced Men - $60.00
Am Masters - $60.00
Am Men - $50.00
Am Women - $50.00
Novice - $30.00
Juniors - $30.00

Tee assignments:
All Pro Divisions, Adv Am, Int Am, Masters: Gold Tees both rounds
Women; White tees 1st round Gold 2nd round
Novice & Juniors: 2 rounds White Tees

Lunch Will be served at the course

Takes Place of the Doubles Typically After Pot Of Gold

$1000 will be added to the pro payout if we reach 60 players

Hole sponsorships $25 email me with your info

For more info email: Pmurrdah@gmail.com

Pot Of Gold March 13 2010

And Thanks to our sponsors so far:
Hyzer Nation
GottaGoGottaThrow
Discs Unlimited
Shop Boy Paul
Re: New Orleans Doubles Championships
January 07, 2010 12:11PM
There will also be free food and beer for the players
UPS Steve is supose to be making some jambaylaya I believe
and the Shark is getting a keg
January 07, 2010 01:33PM
Sounds like a hell of a time. (as always)
The only question I have is how come you have ams playing gold tees both rounds? I'm just wondering because I've never seen a tournament where ams play gold tees at all, let alone two rounds of them.
January 07, 2010 02:08PM
Can I suggest making the Pro Masters the same as Open in the entry fee department. $65 is a strange number to split with a partner. ($32.50 each)

Who you teamin' with Mikey?
January 07, 2010 02:48PM
Gold tees because that's the same way Pot of gold is.. The am tees are more novice tees and played for fun.. I think Nageeb can shoot -18 playin am tees I've shot -10 there retardedly easly but fun for skins an doubles
January 07, 2010 03:16PM
When you say 60 people, is that for the event or 30 open Teams?

January 07, 2010 03:31PM
Event
January 07, 2010 04:14PM
sounds like a no-team event . I hope I am off work . I would hate to miss this one

leo
January 07, 2010 04:31PM
course record from the shorts is -19!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone always ask me how i throw far and the only answer is........... FORM!!!!!

2009 Junior World Champion
Team Innova
Team LsDiscs
Anonymous User
January 07, 2010 08:12PM
WillyBT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can I suggest making the Pro Masters the same as
> Open in the entry fee department. $65 is a
> strange number to split with a partner. ($32.50
> each)
>
> Who you teamin' with Mikey?

I'm the emergency backup for Blessed Lettuce on Nageeb's team in Open, but I am considering playing Am Masters with Bitterman Roser because I heard there is going to be worse than usual bagging in that division. I haven't cashed in doubles in six months so I'm bagger eligible nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk

Donovan, Big Perm is correct, the gold tees at Lafreniere are fine for intermediate am teams.

Big Perm, I thought y'all were trying to keep this under the radar of the park...adding 1k to pro payout will certainly make the park rangers notice that there is a tournament going on. That was why you were not sanctioning it, remember, to keep it on the down low so you wouldn't have to pay insurance, tournament fees, etc. I don't want to discourage you but you could land in trouble if too many people show up...the park rangers do a good job of keeping people off the course for the Pot of Gold but they know about it ahead of time.

Kids these days, that music they listen to on their I-pods really scrambles their brains.

Have you bothered to rent a shelter or even asked what other events might be going on that day?
January 08, 2010 08:21AM
Puff, you cashed last week so I do not think you can play Advanced????

Have fun and good luck! Heard there was a big arts and crafts show there that weekend ;o]~ j/k

January 08, 2010 09:09AM
Doubles is different from singles and its not sanctioned so it does matter....... bag it up!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone always ask me how i throw far and the only answer is........... FORM!!!!!

Team Innova
Team LsDiscs
January 08, 2010 09:19AM
*doesn't ?
January 08, 2010 09:46AM
TheKid Wrote:
> Doubles is different from singles and its not
> sanctioned so it does matter....... bag it
> up!!!!!!

It does matter for the spirit of the game!

January 08, 2010 09:47AM
I agree 100%
January 08, 2010 10:02AM
Yeah, Mike brings up some good points. With it not being sanctioned, anyone can play any division they choose? Also, after attending the Southern National Doubles Championship last year, and seeing how much money that event got from doubles events throughout the season(not a whole lot), it seems that we need more sanctioned doubles tournaments. Just a thought.

Anybody looking for a partner in adv or pro?

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
January 08, 2010 10:10AM
J, I'm looking for a partner for adv. If you'd like to be my life partner that's ok too, just be sure you've had your shots.
January 08, 2010 11:20AM
maybe i shouldnt of said that because now PROS are goin to be scared to play pro

Team Innova
Team LsDiscs
January 08, 2010 11:26AM
LOL, Sure Barrett, we can team up for this event, that'd be cool. Not sure if you and I are compatable enough to make the move to Vermont yet though.

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
January 08, 2010 11:49AM
Steppin down from pro divisions would be dumb with $1000 added to thier payout
January 08, 2010 02:54PM
PMurrdah Wrote:
> Steppin down from pro divisions would be dumb with
> $1000 added to thier payout

either that or they will be pissed you took the money from them and moved it to open. By you stipulating that after 60 enter you will be adding the 1k, it becomes questionable/obvious/may not be the case where the money is coming from.

And Nageeb if it only matters that 60 play then why would you give a rats if there where only 2 open teams playing for the 1k. La. schools appear to be a waste!

Phil, like Mikey, I am just pointing things out that I have learned by being a TD in the past. Hope the info helps.

Massive, very good point about the money for the SNDGC, If they have 1k to add, paying SN fees would be a drop in the bucket. And the park still does not need to know that. I do worry about events like this as IF something goes wrong or some one gets hurt; will poor ole Phil be up shirts creek without a paddle.

Im jusy saying.....................................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2010 02:55PM by Tax Man.
January 08, 2010 05:20PM
Well when that 1k is comin from my bank account I can do that to help the turn out; no disrespect or nothing but no one bitc.hes when JimO puts a basket worth $130 up if a tourney reaches 100 players

waivers can be made for players to sign to remove liability from the park and those running the event

And the 1k goes to the payout in Open, Pro Masters, Open Women, Open Women Masters
January 08, 2010 05:31PM
Great job Phil

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Anonymous User
January 08, 2010 07:14PM
Big Perm, have ya checked that waiver situation with the park, or are you an attorney and didn't tell us? Sanctioned or not, you do realize NO Team has a reputation for quality tournaments (and quality poon I might add)...hate to see ya tarnish that with a cockamamie event. I don't think you can pull off a 1000k added event without the park finding out about it, and somehow I don't think they'll take "I didn't know we had to tell the park about it" as an excuse. But hey, life's a big gamble anyways, so maybe it will work. Just sayin
January 08, 2010 08:11PM
And the doubles you did the day after PoG last year was fantastic, right? I don't think I could try to put on an event so failing... 36 people? Really BR has that many people for thier league rounds
I've got everything under control kern dogg don't worry
I take pride in everything I do from taking a sh.it on up.. If I didn't think I could do it I wouldn't be taking the risk...

Try supporting members of your club for a change rather than putting all this on here, you could call me and tell me this next time judas, u have my number
Anonymous User
January 08, 2010 09:10PM
Do you like put yourself on a pay-per-view webcam when you #2 because you're so proud? Is that how you're raising the 1000 to add? LOL

I'm trying to help. I'm a TD pimp, you can check my stats. I really hope you draw lots and lots of people, and goodness knows that Bagger Shark and his nephew have beaucoup plastic to donate---it could be a real big event, which is great, but I think it's a possibility that if you don't tell the park that you're holding an event they could shut you down because you didn't line up the permit. And that would make all your attendees a bit more disappointed than some 36 player event that wasn't promoted on purpose and that took place the day after a 48-hole extravaganza that lasted into the night that was played in moderate rain.

Sheesh dude, you have my number as well, I tried to tell y'all your original date was conflicting with Lafayette and Fairhope, how did that turn out...oh wait, let me support NO Team for a change! Yep, never once have I ever done anything, I just realized that. You busted me Big Hair, I guess it just took you calling me out to realize how selfish I have been all these years. Gosh, all that profit I made as a TD since 1998, it really has paid for my cosmetic surgery to make me so so beautiful that the rest of NO Team is so jealous. It's a good thing I have a billion dollar trust fund that allows me to spend so much time doing course maintenance.
January 08, 2010 09:50PM
Massive, I'm your Huckleberry if you want to play Open.
January 08, 2010 10:15PM
Do it massive!! Go for the money!! Show the people what a mullet can do!!!
January 08, 2010 10:37PM
If you wanna go for Open Massive it's cool with me. I've still got time to possibly find another partner. No biggie.
All I wanna do is gun down Beau and Donovan. Donovan's growing a lil beard because he envys Beau's. I believe he said it makes him moist or somethin like that.
January 08, 2010 11:17PM
Bluff, if your having plastic surgery you need to get a better doctor bro.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013