Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

course cleanliness

Posted by Bill 
course cleanliness
November 28, 2002 10:16AM
This morning I awoke early before anyone else and went to play a few holes at Bucanneer in Waveland, I just wanted to get my appatite up for the bird to come later. Overall, the course is getting in beter shape each time, but whoever had a party on hole 7 should be shot, yes the tree decorated with lights and beer cans was sort of humorous, but all of the beer thrown on the ground was amazing, I am sure it was one hell of a party, but it is each persons responsability to clean up his or her mess.

The park rangers are not our janitors, and do not have the time or want to clean up after a bunch of DG'ers. This type of action will only lead to courses being taken out o parks and other parks being reluctant to allow new parks in.

I am for everyone having fun, and have nothing against having drinks on a course, but for the sake of the sport, clean up after yourself.

Lastly if you are on of the people or know the a person that trashed hole 7 at Bucanneer, GO CLEAN UP YOUR MESS!
Stephen Heaps
Re: course cleanliness
November 29, 2002 12:56PM
Bill, I saw all of that crap on hole 7 yesterday. I agree with you, it looks sort of humorous but what was the point of someone doing that. All it did was make the hole and that part of the woods look like a dump. I didn't notice but I'm sure if someone looked hard enough they could see it from hole 3's fairway. Maybe the same people that had the party also broke the tee sign in half.
ANYONE who plays Disc Golf should help to keep the course and the Park it is in clean. That is a major reason I play, so I can go out and enjoy natures beauty, not to see how lazy people are and how much trash they can throw down on the ground or stick in the trees for that matter.

O.K. Off my soap box.

Bill, Will you be playing @ the Buc today?
I'll be there in about 30 mins if anyone wants to come play some golf.
Hope to see someone there.
December 01, 2002 12:37AM
I'm glad to know that there are still other people who paly Buc. Sorry I missed your post till later.
I usually play odd times, early am, a few holes before work etc.
jim
December 01, 2002 12:29PM
hopefully it was not disc golfer but some kids looking for a hidding place. not all trash is ours , but we must assume it is . you will be supprise how many aces come after someone has just picked up some trash that did not belong to them .jim
December 03, 2002 11:18AM
This is definatly an issue with all courses and the disc golfers playing. The courses need to be kept clean by the park employees but most importantly by the disc golfers. I myself did not go to cottage hill for about a year because of all the trash and destruction to the baskets. I played chicksabogue park last week and i will tell you first hand that the people are taking better care of it. Just one more thing to add.

*A CLEAN PARK MAKES FOR A BETTER GOLF GAME AND ENVIROMENT FOR ALL PLAYERS. THROW YOUR TRASH IN YOUR BAG UNTIL YOU GET TO A TRASH CAN.

Later

Troutonia
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013