Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

THIRTEENTH ANNUAL LAFAYETTE SPRING FLING-APRIL 17 & 18, 2010 - LAFAYETTE, LA

Posted by misterbogey 
Re: THIRTEENTH ANNUAL LAFAYETTE SPRING FLING-APRIL 17 & 18, 2010 - LAFAYETTE, LA
March 28, 2010 10:20PM
putz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> awright...put up or shut up huh?
> you got it
> belt and suspenders.
> loser must wear both at tourney's for the next 3
> months.

and nothing else?
well guys, i hope i win and i speak for the whole of SN land when i say that I am tired of seeing both or your a$$es slip out of your baggy jeans/shorts.
Re: THIRTEENTH ANNUAL LAFAYETTE SPRING FLING-APRIL 17 & 18, 2010 - LAFAYETTE, LA
March 31, 2010 08:52AM
I already asked about camping but how about hotels? What is the closest one to the courses?

It would be cool if out of towners all stayed at the same hotel...someone bring a basket for late night putting/betting.
March 31, 2010 07:10PM
JasonATL Wrote:
> I already asked about camping but how about
> hotels? What is the closest one to the courses?
>
>
> It would be cool if out of towners all stayed at
> the same hotel...someone bring a basket for late
> night putting/betting.

We're working on that now and should have something in a few days.
April 02, 2010 06:54PM
Just wondering why this one was scheduled so late in the month this year. There doesn't appear to be another tournament scheduled for the first weekend in April, when the Lafayette Open is usually scheduled for. At least, not according to this site. Looks like you're now competing with Wall Doxey in neighboring MS.

Sure it will be good either way, but I was just curious.
April 02, 2010 07:13PM
blueboy Wrote:
> Just wondering why this one was scheduled so late
> in the month this year. There doesn't appear to
> be another tournament scheduled for the first
> weekend in April, when the Lafayette Open is
> usually scheduled for. At least, not according to
> this site. Looks like you're now competing with
> Wall Doxey in neighboring MS.
>
> Sure it will be good either way, but I was just
> curious.

That would be this weekend...Easter.

I believe Wall Doxey is over 400 miles away so I don't think we would be competing that much.
April 02, 2010 10:50PM
There is West Monroe's Scout tournament. Which has a 200? mile radius being a two day tournament. They CHOOSE easter and do a friday/saturday event.

ADGA prefers not to do Easter weekend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
April 03, 2010 05:28PM
I would like to thank Clint Henderson of Discgolfstaion for sending us a sponsorship of $50 worth of golf discs.

Here is their site url: [www.discgolfstation.com] There is also a link on the Acadiana Park web site.

[www.acadianaparkdiscgolf.com]
[www.acadianadga.org]
[www.pipscause.org]
April 03, 2010 05:43PM
Oh right. Easter. I forgot last year and y'all busted me on it then too.
April 03, 2010 09:16PM

Just finished one of the first place trophies for the 13th annual Lafayette Spring Fling. I've got everything cut out for the rest of them (1st, 2nd & 3rd). To get an idea of scale it is 12" tall and the base is 8"x8". The second and third place ones will be incrementally smaller.

None other than Mr. Barrett Broussard himself has graciously agreed to provide the graphics for these awards. They should look pretty nice once the lettering has been applied.

Anyone on the fence about attending this tournament - come on down to Lafayette and take a shot at winning one of these.
April 04, 2010 12:44AM
Very nice sir... continuing with a good tradition of some kicking a$$ trophies like Bedo started last year!

April 04, 2010 11:25AM
That's nice work, Jacques. Makes me wish I could play for it.
April 04, 2010 07:05PM
Wait til' you see em' in person. Great work Jacques!

[www.acadianaparkdiscgolf.com]
[www.acadianadga.org]
[www.pipscause.org]
April 05, 2010 04:56PM
I should have some info on the hotel rooms by this Thursday.
April 06, 2010 09:32PM
Nice work Jacques! Hey i found Gregs 11 aces Rhyno sunday will somebody give him my # 225 330 9094
April 06, 2010 09:43PM
He's gonna be at the SN Cup if you want to send it up that way this weekend.

like Bedo started last year!
like Bedo started last year!

Gillicoward, why on earth would you disrespect the beautiful trophies our volunteers put together year after year before you ever started playing? Heck some where made out of MARBLE. You should have seen them. Perhaps if you weren't such a noob you
wouldn't be so disrespectful but who knows.

Surely you must realize disc golf existed before you showed up and started your grand quest to do nothing?

BTW how on earth did YOU qualify for any kind of competitive cup competition?
Is there a Coward Division? Is there a VP of Wheelie Division?

Is gilligan in the Division of VP's that went to TWO MEETINGS while VP?
I have the notes. Please deny it so I can call you a liar some more.

edit: I think I get it... there is a division for folks who can't putt at all?

really, what gives?

an Oprah Cup division?

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 05:53AM by VPofParkingLotWheelie.
April 09, 2010 06:00AM
VPofParkingLotWheelie Wrote:

>
> BTW how on earth did YOU qualify for any kind of
> competitive cup competition?
> Is there a Coward Division? Is there a VP of
> Wheelie Division?

VPofParkingLotWheelie (aka E-THUG) Why do you hide behind your screen name? Your crying is worse the his wheelie

Y'all are still crying about the wheelie thing, what gives, move on. where here to talk about disc golf not complain about every little thing somebody does.

...trophies look awsome already cant wait to see them in person, hopefully i'll win one this year to put next to last years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 06:05AM by Eric Day.
hey gilligan.

ask jimo how much the entire SN tag system has raised.

next time you see jabba, thank him.

every time you buy a tag for the rest of your life remember that REAL volunteers started stuff like that.

we didn't have to have DUI drunks do the mowing for us.

we actually took pride in the course and did it ourselves and drank beer too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 06:01AM by VPofParkingLotWheelie.
This years quest, when are ya'll gonna open your eyes?

As you walk around the course during this event LOOK at the erosion problems.
You should have seen how nice it used to be!!

I've shown old photos before. You'll have to go find them unless gilligan censored them out.

Some folks have been asking the club to get flagstone for years now.
Do ya'll like erosion?

Are you blind and do not see it? Are ya'll so lazy you'll let the fairway trails just erode to ugly gullies?
Say it ain't so.

Do you not care? Well then get out of the way and let those who DO
deal with the erosion problem.

The club has the money. Do the right thing. We've been an active part
of the cause of the erosion and owe it to the old growth forest they've
allowed us to use... we are leaving scars in a beautiful place.

Shame on us.

FLAGSTONE IS NEEDED.

I noticed the new guy moved a basket?
DID YA'LL GET THE PARKS DEPARTMENT PERMISSION?

edit:

those are some cool trophies. nice.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 06:17AM by VPofParkingLotWheelie.
April 09, 2010 06:12AM
VPofParkingLotWheelie Wrote:
> This years quest, when are ya'll gonna open your
> eyes?
>
> [farm3.static.flickr.com]
> 08f282a_o.jpg
>
> Some folks have been asking the club to get
> flagstone for years now.
> Do ya'll like erosion?
>
> Are you blind and do not see it?
>
> Do you not care? Well then get out of the way and
> let those who DO
> deal with the erosion problem.
>
> The club has the money. Do the right thing. We've
> been an active part
> of the cause of the erosion and owe it to the old
> growth forest they've
> allowed us to use.
>
> FLAGSTONE IS NEEDED.
>
> I noticed the new guy moved a basket?
> DID YA'LL GET THE PARKS DEPARTMENT PERMISSION?

Maybe you missed the post from above about you crying please go read, this is so lame.....
April 09, 2010 07:53AM
Vic, I appreciate your super awesome bashing insight. But it's pretty d*ck to do it in our tournament thread. You're making all of ADGA look bad. And this is part of the reason you were banned from the club. I was just talking to someone two days ago answering why we can't pull people to our tournaments. You know what I said?
"Well some of the reason USED TO BE all the Victor drama that used to go on. People would associate his nonstop rants and bashing with the ADGA and think that the club had all sorts of internal issues, and thus not want to even come near us. But Vic's been away for a while and I think a lot of that's blown over"

And HERE YOU ARE TO GRACE US WITH YOUR RANTS AND RELENTLESS BASHING. I figured you'd laid all that bs to rest but I guess shame on me for putting a little faith in you.

Dude, get over the wheelie thing. Seriously... It was a wheelie. Big F'n deal.
And as for the erosion, Jeremy Breaux commented on your last erosion rant by saying WE LIVE IN A MOTHER F*CKING FLOOD PLAIN THAT GOES INTO THE ATCHAFALAYA. You can't control that. We can manipulate things a little bit, but ultimately you can't seriously think that we're gonna control every inch of the park from melting away.

Thanks for proving to Lafayette that you can't learn to control yourself. You've just got to jump on and do some bashing. Why no mention of Psychofish in there? No gypsy moth comments? Come on man, it's not a true Vic posts with out some form of Russ and Don bashing! I guess since they never come on here to read it you don't see a point in wasting your time with that sort of nonsense... But wheelies!! Now that's a topic!
OMG I'M THE WHEELIE KING!!! WHEELIES FOR ALL! REJOICE! THE WHEELIE POLICE ARE HERE TO PROTECT YOUR PARKS!
ALL YOUR WHEELIES ARE BELONG TO US!!!
April 09, 2010 08:05AM
Can we get these moved/split?
April 09, 2010 08:07AM
You know Vic, you talk about the old guys that have done a lot for disc golf in Lafayette. With that being said, we are trying to raise money for the Hawks and this is a direct slap in their face. I will make sure to let them know that Victor ran people off from this tournament. I will make sure to let them know that if we come short on raising the money for their MOTHER'S HEADSTONE, that dumb @#$%& Victor decided to run his mouth again. You really have no respect for anything. You are a dissapointment. You had a lot to offer to disc golf and instead you decided to be a d!ck. Maybe one day you will realise how much you have hurt the cause for disc golf in Lafayette.
April 09, 2010 02:44PM
Erosion (yesterday's dreams)

Yesterday’s love’s blown away in a storm.
Yesterday’s dreams have gone by your door.
Echoes are the shadows of the words you let slip away.

Dreams may be sweet, but awakening’s rude.
Tears are the prisms, love’s lost light passes through.
Memories are windows you can see, but not pass through the pane. Until it’s broken.

Wave after wave breaks on your rocky shore.
But each wave rolls away, still you stand as before.
Another grain of sand drops, you’re older, and wiser you pray.

For a stone to throw through the window,
For a way to get through the pain.
For a sign in the sky to show you the way.
Take a look at the rain,
And how it makes things grow.

Fear is a sculptor, that shapes you as you age.
Pain is the chisel, that cuts away the rage.
Carving away at your vanity,
As the sea carves away at the rocky shore.
Washing away your sanity
‘Till you’re sure that you’ve got nothing more.

But, like the sand in an hourglass,
With each grain gone, a moment’s past.
So you lose a little of your sand,
But the stronger stone remains.

So you’ve given up your weaker part,
But the sea can never salt your heart.
‘Cause it can’t destroy, what it can’t reach
and you’ll rise and start again.

Yesterday’s pain’s blown away, no more storm.
Yesterday’s tears have gone dry once more.
Echoes are the shadows of the words that had to be said.

Dreams are renewed and awakening’s keen.
Tears are the prisms through which wisdom is seen.
Memories are windows on the good times we shared, between the pains.

There’s no way to get through the window,
But there’s a way to get through the pain.
There’s a sign in the sky to show you the way.
Just remember the rain, and how it makes things grow.

Albert Ralph
April 09, 2010 02:57PM
Beau, you forgot to post a picture of an LP (that's a record to all you young kids who don't know poop).

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
Does anyone know if the novice division will be playing both days of the tournament? I have a friend that just started playing and I told him I would ask and find out.
April 09, 2010 04:47PM
UsmLaGuy70506 Wrote:
> Does anyone know if the novice division will be
> playing both days of the tournament? I have a
> friend that just started playing and I told him I
> would ask and find out.

Stafford (Rinkelstein) in the TD so it's his call but, In past tournaments the Novice division played only on Saturday and only at Acadiana Park.
April 10, 2010 07:17AM
Joe todd is correct. Novice is Saturday only.
April 10, 2010 09:32PM
I really want to go, but idk if anyone from the north is headed that way... I really hope so
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013