Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
jim
PENSACOLA TOURNAMENT
December 07, 2002 11:56AM
dec 14th come play one of the fun course in the south ,lots of extra, pensacola fl. at blue angel park ,bag tags will be there , hope to see you there , they will cook lunch and have drinks to.jim
SSW
Re: PENSACOLA TOURNAMENT
December 07, 2002 02:15PM
This is a great course, with tight fairways, and many possibilities for ace runs.

Just ask Matt Orum; He hit 3 in one day there!!!!!

I'm planning to be there to get revenge on my humiliating crushing defeat last yer.

Later,
Willy BTc
December 08, 2002 01:58PM
I'm coming from Biloxi. What is the best way to get to the course?
david
December 09, 2002 11:59AM
coming from tillmans corner what is the best way to get there
December 09, 2002 01:19PM
Guys coming from the west you should come over on 10 to the foley exit get off and go to highway 98 east. Go through Lillian Alabama over the bridge into Florida, you will go about 2 miles into fla. untill you see a white sign on the right that says blue angel naval rec. area. Turn right there and go about 2 miles untill you run into the welcome center, stop tell them your there for the tournament they will send you down the road about a 1/4 mile on your left and you will see where all the cars are. So drive safe and we will see you there.
Mike Sidebottom
December 10, 2002 09:59AM
Thanks Mike! See you Saturday.

Crow
December 10, 2002 05:51PM
Just a note of interest to all we have 30 + active duty military commited to play in this tourny and folks I for one think it is a great great big asset to see the military get involved in our great sport. Congrats to Matthew Orrum and our local K.C. FOR SETTING THE NEW BLUE ANGEL PARK DOUBLES RECORD AT -17. WOW! that was 17 birdies and 1 par. Me and Wally witnessed it and it was one hell of a team effort. K.C. will be a member of our team blue angel and if Matthew wants to venture this far we will welcome him aboard as well. Talk to me Matthew.
Tony Bass
December 13, 2002 09:17AM
Mike,
I agree wholeheartedly. Getting the military involved in our great sport is probably one of the best things that could happen to disc golf at this time. When you get any organization involved that could send 20-30 guys out to play at once, you are definately helping the sport to grow to its fullest potential. I am very glad to hear that there is a course near some sort of military base because this could draw all kinds of attention to our great game. And this would be the "right" kind of attention, that could elevate this sport to the next level. I can see it now, courses going up on almost every military base in America. This would help the sport to grow phenomenally. Can you imagine how many new courses that would mean. I'm sure the military would be interested in giving soldiers a way to have fun, without ever having to leave the base, much less staying out all night getting drunk. Yes, Mike I would definately have to agree, getting the military involved is a great thing. This could also give disc golf a little bit better reputation to the public than what it has now, which in turn could be the difference maker when it comes to getting those corporate sponsorships. Just some of my thoughts on the subject. Lets hear yours!!

Tony Bass
December 13, 2002 09:26AM
Tony,
Just to add a bit to what you said Whiting field in Milton Fla is in the process of building there course as we speak. All they are waiting on is deleivery from calif.
December 13, 2002 12:00PM
The course at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville is one of my all-time favorites. I don't know how many of the soldiers based there use it, but I've played with many guys with military backgrounds and quite a few of them played at Redstone.

What was really convenient was that they could get us cheap beer at the PX and there was no problem drinking on the course. During casual rounds, of course :^) RwC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013