Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Our next Lafayette tournament is set for January 11, 2003. To view a flyer with all the details, please go to the URL below:

[www.angelfire.com]
Yo Bogie master,

Are ya'll going to handle this one, or will ya'll need the services of SSW again?

I am willing and able to work with ya'll either way, and will be there either way so it really doesn't matter to me, I'll have discs and such anyway, and we canwork something out I'm sure.

Keep in touch and Keep 'em flying!!!

Peace,
Will T
I'll have to put that question to Pat and Brannon. We will probably still need your "expertise" on the awards...

Joe T
Re: ACADIANA PARK 2003 MID-WINTER OPEN
December 10, 2002 06:56PM
I need info on camping at the park, I will be coming from Bay St Louis, Ms. to play in this tourney and hopefully the weather will cooperate so that I can camp.

Thanks, any info about tent camping at the park would be appreciated
vl
December 10, 2002 07:58PM
for camping info, call (337) 291-8388
Glad to hear you're coming Bill. Your best bet for the camping info would be to call the Acadiana Park Campground at: (337) 291-8388.

The campsites are about 100 feet from hole #4 so bring your glowbies!

Joe T
Opps didn't mean to be repetetive...Vic beat me by 3 minutes...;-)
December 17, 2002 01:56AM
HOW IS THE COURSE SINCE THE HURRICANE CAME THROUGH?
Local Pro
December 17, 2002 12:17PM
We have been working very hard cleaning all branches and debris from the storm. We did loose a few very old and very large trees. But nothing to prevent us Lafayette DG freeks from playing everyday. We still have a few holes that have some more cleaning that needs to been done. But over all...the course (by Jan. 11th) will look better than it ever has before. Thanks to Misterbogey and his trusy loppers. Bring all your friends Bill and then some. The campground is behind the golf course and is ideal for any traveling DGer's. Like misterbogy said, Hole #4 runs along the length of the campground.
January 03, 2003 11:24PM
One week to go, and I can't wait to get back to one of my favorite cities in the world.
I will be camping unless it is a monsoon, and from the 10 day forecast that I looked at today it looks nice and dry all the way through the weekend.

I would like to hear if anyone else is going to be camping for the tourny?
I'd just like to say thank you to all the Laff Disc Golfers that put in their time and energy Saturday Morning last week. Me and two of my cronies traveled over there to get in some well needed practice, and they were out there with chainsaws, loopers, and man power, just to make sure that their course is ready for this weekend.

REMEMBER:
LAFF DISC GOLF IS STILL "THE HIGHEST PAYOUT, WITH THE LOWEST ENTRY FEE" THEY ROCK SO COME JOIN US FOR A GREAT DAY OF GOLF IN lAFF, LA

Till Then True Believers,

peace
thanks will for the compliment and i hope to see alot of out of towners because if your playing am i would watch out cause im gonna OwN jO!
misterbogey
January 07, 2003 06:22PM
I'd like to thank you too for the kind words Will...the BR players have always been very supportive of us and we really do appreciate it.

Here is the latest on the tournament:

WE HAVE A MIMIMUM OF $200 ADDED TO THE PRO PURSE!

FREE TEE-SHIRTS FOR THE FIRST 75 PLAYERS TO ENTER!

PLENTY OF CTP'S FOR EVERYBODY!

Sorry about the caps, but this is something to shout about! ;-)

To view and print a flyer for the tournament click on the link below:

[www.angelfire.com]
January 07, 2003 07:17PM
just curious... what will the format be?

(all holes?... partial course the first round?)
misterbogey
January 07, 2003 07:53PM
I believe we will probably play 27 holes for the morning round and 18 in the afternoon.

I'm not sure how the 18 would be broken up; it may depend on the number of players.
The new 9 holes have really matured with the fairways having opened up thru pruning from the hurricane and folks working on the course, in fact hole 18 has really turned into a gorgeous 330+- hyzer drive thru the trees.
If you folks haven't played this course lately, the whole course has opened up and changed in the last year to some degree. It is just flat out fun to play!!!
are y'all gonna put the pro's with the pro's in the first round? i'd hate to hear those ugly rumors about some scorecard shenanigans again.
misterbogey
January 08, 2003 08:10PM
Due to road construction, E. Alexander which leads into Acadiana Park is closed at Louisiana Ave. For new directions please go to the link below:

[www.angelfire.com]
misterbogey
January 08, 2003 08:15PM
I believe in the past we have mixed the divisions on the first round. While that is not my call, I don't see why we would change it.

I'm not sure what you mean about the scorecard shenanigans??? If it is something that was done at one of our Lafayette tourneys, I'd sure like to know about it.

If you'd rather not air it out in here, please e-mail me at <fotojoe@cox-internet.com>

Thanks
I like the way it was done the last tourniment misterbogey. I think all of the advanced and pro on the back 18 holes made it a little more challanging.
misterbogey
January 09, 2003 11:31AM
If we do 18 on the 2nd round, I'm feel sure it will be Holes 10 thru 27 for the pro divisions. Ams could be 1-18 or 2 rounds of 1-9 like the last tournament.

By the time our April tournament rolls around we'll have two 18 hole courses and everyone will probably play at least one round on each course.
misterbogey
January 09, 2003 12:00PM
ON SECOND THOUGHT...

I just got off the phone with our leader and he told me that on the second round the pros will play from the pro stakes on the "original 18". I'll sure be glad when we have two 18 hole courses and that "original 18" BS is history!

Take it from the guy who checks the scorecards, it is total confusion for the players.
So if the pros are going to play the long orriganal 18, then what are the other am and women players going to play? The third 9 twice?

just a suggestion, 27 the first round, for everybody, cards mixed as always, 2nd round, ams, am women, and nov, and beg play the first 9 twice, adv, open, masters, and depending on the turnout and numbers per division, the am masters and others will fall in to where they need to be.

if there is not a huge turnout, and the first round goes quickly, I woulsd not be opposed to 2 rounds of 27. We'll see come Sat morning.

See Ya'll there,
Willy BTc

PS- there will be bag tags for sale there, just see will T at the SSW Saturn.
scorecard shenanigans can occur when players in different divisions play on the same card, because since the players are competing in different divisions, they don't have a real big incentive to make sure a score called out by another player is accurate. if players play in their own division, this won't occur.
just for the record, i only brought it up because i did hear a few words about some scores the last tourney out there, and it's only a suggestion to put players on cards with their own division, but you might be surprised that some people actually like that format much better if ya'll tried it.
but since the pros will be playing with the ams, please feel free to put me in a group with the most drunk people you can find...i'd like a good lead heading into the second round :)
misterbogey
January 09, 2003 04:14PM
Any refractions on scores need to be settled at the hole at the time the score is called out. It's usually just an honest mistake and, if not, questioning it might keep the "mistake" from happening again.

We normally mix the divisions on the first round to let you pros show the newer players how it's done...golf etiquette, proper scoring, calm professional demeanor...;-)

Mike, I'll see what I can do about putting you on a card with the most drunk, highest tag numbered players...;-p

Will, I think the ams will play the same "original" 18 as the pros but from the regular tees.

Also, because of the difference in holes and tees played in the two rounds, we will probably have the CTP's for the first round only.

Hope I'm not confusing anybody...other than myself!
January 09, 2003 08:29PM
Boo and hiss on ams et al. playing the front 9 twice for the second round. Give 'em some variety. I'm all for two rounds of 27, but if it's a round of 27 followed by a round of 18, at least let the second round be a TRUE 18 holes (not 9 twice).
misterbogey
January 09, 2003 09:49PM
I agree Goby and the am's will almost surely play the "original" 18 holes in the second round...same as the pros will play but from the regular tee pads.

If you're not familiar with the "original" 18, they are 1 thru 12...19 thru 22...26 and 27. Can be confusing, but we will have signs directing your to the right holes.
We are going to play 27 holes the first round and 18 the second. Allplayers will play the same courses. Of course this is depending on the crowd that shows up,we can always hope we will fill up all 27 holes. We have seen a lot of new faces out on the course. Disc golfing is really catching on here.
By the way Joe, you sure talk on the computer alot.Just kidding Joe we appreciate all your hard work in spreading the word for us.
January 10, 2003 03:28AM
Good news, guys. Thanks. And thanks misterbogey for keeping an eye out for my discs. Looking foward to lowering #55.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013