Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Bring your A- game!!

Posted by happycamper 
Bring your A- game!!
September 13, 2010 06:03PM
Finally!! Columbus,GA has a disc golf course. Flatrock park holds this 6400 ft. pro caliber beauty! Get plenty of rest.....you will need it! This is not a flip-flop course, so bring your hiking boots! This course has 18 awesome bright yellow Kingpin (discking) baskets, concrete tees, and in my opinion, this is one of the elite courses in GA., and that is saying alot!! A must play for all disc golfers. It is not in the pdga directory (yet anyway). But Flatrock park is very popular, and just about anybody in Columbus can give you directions if needed. See you on the course! e-mail me at jaybirdcsg@aol.com for feedback or call my cell at (706) 332-1748.
Re: Bring your A- game!!
September 16, 2010 10:26AM
He speaks the truth SN's land...

This is a beaute of a course! We have been talking about getting a course in this park since we all found out what disc golf was years ago. It is one of those destinations where you think, "man, this park was made for disc golf"! Gently rolling hills with lots of trees and giant rock formations. Huge granite rocks run all throughout the park which gives it an "out west" kinda feel.

The course has everything but water coming into play. Uphill, downhill, left, right, straight, roller shots, and even par 4's. It demands a plethora of shot making skills to navigate this 18 hole beast, and Jayson is right about not wearing flops. Wear some good, comfortable shoes/boots. You will need them. The course plays a par 58 ending with an 850+ foot par 4 to finish.

This will be a jewel of an addition to the SN courses, and will undoubtedly be a must stop on the SN tour once they get an annual event established. Columbus is only about 3 1/2 hours from Mobile & Birmingham so please DG'ers, go check it out. t to You will NOT be disappointed!!!

Huge props goes out to Jody Mitchell & Jayson Camper for getting this thing done, and of course all the other guys from North Highland who helped with the design and installation. It truly was amazing seeing what ya'll had done with the design, considering that this was all of your first course projects'. I was blown away at how awesome it was!!!

Columbus is a huge town that will for sure become a hotbed for disc golf in the years to come now that the door has been opened. Great job guys....Almost makes me wish I was living back home. Almost......

TB
Anonymous User
Re: Bring your A- game!!
September 27, 2010 10:55PM
Anybody gonna be out there Sunday afternoon? May be rolling in on the way back from Rock Hill SC...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013