Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Memphis Disc Golf website

Posted by StaRPlaStiC 
Memphis Disc Golf website
October 22, 2010 09:12PM
Does anybody know what is going on with the Memphis Disc Golf website it has been down for a while and league is over. Would really like to know where we stand and when we will be getting payouts. I dont know if anybody from memphis even gets on this forum but any feedback would be awesome
Re: Memphis Disc Golf website
October 22, 2010 09:14PM
Saw a facebook message a week or so ago saying the site went down hard and they were working on it....Check the Memphis Disc Golf Facebook page.
October 22, 2010 09:22PM
Here is the facebook message from Jimmy Nelson:

Jimmy Nelson October 17 at 7:00pm Reply • Report
What's up Memphis Disc Golf members.
As most of you know the Memphis Disc Golf website is down. Apparently it had an attack or something of that nature. We're not sure when it will be back up but it's definitely being worked on. I will try to notify all of you on here when it will be back up. Since we're without forum I will do my best to keep all of you updated on information pertaining to the club.

=============================

Shelby Farms and Orgill leagues have ended for the season and will start up again in the spring. The spreadsheets of results are going to be up on my Google documents account for your viewing pleasure. Please feel free to share the links with everyone you know that needs to view them, as anyone with the link will be able to view the results. Congrats to the winners, it pays to play!!

Orgill Final Results link:

[spreadsheets.google.com]

Farms Final Results link:

[spreadsheets.google.com]

Winter League is approaching and Jeff Karl will be running it. It was a
pretty big success last year and this year should be even better this year just by viewing summer league attendance.

Here are the details on the subject as per him:
"Winter league will begin the weekend AFTER Lee Naquin on November 13th at 1PM Shelby Farms. I will have the details of the handicap plus weekly updates etc on the DKG Website.
[www.dkgdiscsports.com]

The league will be CASH payout.

Updates to the calculation method have been made accounting for different course layouts!!! This means we will be able to change the holes up at will!!!"

This league is a great opportunity to get some rounds in on a weekly basis as well as meet some of the Memphis club members. More details will follow.

Upcoming tournaments in the Memphis area:

Oct 23rd @ Valentine Park in Munford, Tn
Details can be found on the Southern Nationals Website:
[sndg.org]

Oct 30th @ Arkabutla Lake in Hernando, MS
details are here:
[www.sndg.org]

&

Nov 6th & 7th @ Bud Hill The Lee Naquin Memorial
This event is usually high in attendence, so register early if you can.
more info again on Southern Nationals Site:
[www.sndg.org]

Be sure to check out the forums on there as well, as information
pertaining to these tournaments is subject to change.

Golfers, that is all for now, will be sure to update you on anything else I know or get my ears on.
Happy birdying!!

JN
October 22, 2010 10:20PM
Thanks for the quick feedback I figured Rich was going to get me with that last rd
September 04, 2012 11:14AM
Since this thread is still very high in Google's search results, I thought I'd provide an update for anyone looking for Memphis area disc golf info.

Memphis Disc Golf Club is no longer active (and neither is their website).

Circle 3 Disc Golf is a new Memphis area disc golf club aiming to foster the development of the sport in the Memphis area. If you are interested in Disc Golf leagues or tournaments in the Memphis area check us out.

More info here: Circle 3 -- Memphis area disc golf club

Please note that Circle3 disc golf is not affiliated in any way with the former Memphis Disc Golf Club.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2012 12:11PM by joshwlewis.
September 04, 2012 11:23AM
deleted at posters request.....

JOhn k

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2012 08:17PM by John K.
September 04, 2012 12:16PM
Wayne, thanks. I've updated my post to make that more clear.

This page still ranks high for searches on 'Disc Golf in Memphis' and similar searches. I'm just trying to steer people interested in disc golf in the area (people new to the sport or new to the area) to a place with relevant info. I initially had a difficult time finding information about Memphis area minis/leagues online when I started.
September 04, 2012 12:38PM
So is there no longer a MDGA in Memphis? THIS IS SOMEWHAT CONFUSING
September 04, 2012 01:06PM

JOhn k

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2012 08:15PM by John K.
September 04, 2012 01:22PM
So much drama...throw frisbees.
September 04, 2012 01:39PM

JOhn k

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2012 08:16PM by John K.
September 04, 2012 02:04PM
INteresting news to say the least......

sad day for Memphis - I have a feeling (as a past President and 6 year officer....many years ago now) it will be a long time before Memphis disc golf will recover....

especially as the courses increase and the "centrality" of the Memphis Club seems lost....

One can only hope.......

WHAT IS A CIRCLE 3 anyway???? A PAR with a PENALTY STROKE????? Geesh!!!! lol.......
September 04, 2012 03:04PM
That would be a 3p now...
September 04, 2012 05:56PM
So when the dude cut/hurt his foot at Shelby Farms he decided he needed to sue Memphis Disc golf? I mean were there names mentioned as far as the actual people that were being sued?
Anonymous User
September 04, 2012 06:25PM
Wayne, no one already likes you might as well give us names and details.

I see Ernie is Club Prez and Robby Urhman is also on board , can't be that bad of a club, although Jim Gregory and the other guy did do a great job too.
September 04, 2012 07:53PM
I was asked to not comment on the topic anymore.

Before I go, I saw Dillon's profile on a dating website...
September 05, 2012 09:26AM
Funn, I saw Big E on Monday at Johnson Road - he didn't mention the new Club....

I'm just BS'n on the name - at least someone is trying to pick up the pieces.....imho, no effort will work unless it is based on inclusion of all Memphis area courses....

If it were I, it would be set up as a Memphis Area Club with spots on a BofD for each of 3 regions (SOUTH - for North MS courses - Sothhaven, Hernando, OB and Arkabutla, EAST for Shelby Farms, Johnson Road, tha Church course, etc. and NORTH for Bud Hill, Shelby Forest, Orgill and Munford)....

If we approached the idea in unison, the regional benefit would be huge (plus sponsors like populus exposure for their spend).....refgional meetings would encourage local attendance - uniformity of overall goals would encourage more sponsorship participation, etc.

But hey, as a longtime former officer for the defunct MDGC, I know the liklihood of such being a success will not be high UNLESS ALL AREAS are supported both internally and externally at the outset......otherwise any "club" will be facing a real "uphill" battle.....

I am interested to hear from these "new Club" officers - maybe they can shed light on all this........

I know if it's going to be based/hidden on facebook sites and computer access, then unfortunately we are already alienating some very good supporters and volunteers......just my 2 cents....

ANY effort is a good effort in the present state of Memphis area disc golf........

One thing is for sure, the Dogwood and Naquin will continue to live on and prosper - with or without the rest of the area in support.....that's just a fact unless and until the Daniels clan decides they've had enough of disc golf! (which I hope is NEVER!!!!!)....Griff
September 06, 2012 08:14AM
I don't know Griff, I like the idea of having a "Memphis" Disc Golf Club but I also like how things have been going lately. For instance in the past we collected $1's for the "club" at our mini's and over the years Shelby Forest,my home course, was neglected as the money collected there went elsewhere. From what I remember the money usually went to tournaments, other courses, etc.

Here lately the money has been staying at Shelby Forest because there is no "club" to give it to, and since we have gotten new baskets, new benches, and ideas of fixing some of the super slick tee pads. From my standpoing, I like it fine the way it is. Back in the MDGC Hay Day the Hill and Shelby Forest were it. Now it's so spread out that it's difficult to manage and satisfy all golfers.

But yes, long live the Dogwood and Naquin!
September 06, 2012 09:11AM
Actually, I agree, Tom. And what you are bringing to light is exactly why the Memphis Club (in whatever form) should follow a regionalized set-up.

Essentially, clubs within a larger organization - much like we are all in the SN series, but each city cares for its own courses - the problem with Memphis is that we have become quite spreadout and folks on the South and East don't consistently make it to courses in the North and vice-versa.

Any efforts to help our courses is good.

It sure is a shame one idiot, lying A$$ can think only of themselves and seek to profit off they're own indescretions.......wiat, that sounds like politics again.....

Enter lake to steal discs, to sell other people's property in a venue WITH POSTED SIGNS STATING DO NOT ENTER and yet still they are allowed to recover because they can't help themselves from getting their own THIEVING FEET CUT........sounds like a McDonalds cofee example......

sorry to digress but that punk will get theirs.........karma is a B!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2012 09:13AM by bryan griffin.
September 06, 2012 12:39PM
@#$%& attorneys!
September 07, 2012 02:05PM
I resemble that remark!........
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013