Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

TDs being run off

Posted by Keith Bodin 
TDs being run off
March 08, 2011 02:54PM
I know of 3 excellent TDs that are not going to run events anymore. I thought SN needed all the TDs it could get. What can SN do to keep it's TDs? How can Sn continue to grow if it is going to run off TDs?

Random thought before I can't post anymore.......

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Re: TDs being run off
March 08, 2011 04:56PM
Keith i know what you are talking about but remember its not the SN thats runnig off TD's but all the hard work planning, responsiblity, then the stupid comments, If they deserved it, OK. But nobody needs brow beating for no reason at all. My thoughts only
Danny
March 08, 2011 05:40PM
Agree with danny x2!
March 08, 2011 06:17PM
Nobody has run a TD off. If a person does not agree with the rules, that person can run an event in whatever manner they decide.
March 08, 2011 06:52PM
Danny&Barbara Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith i know what you are talking about but
> remember its not the SN thats runnig off TD's but
> all the hard work planning, responsiblity, then
> the stupid comments, If they deserved it, OK. But
> nobody needs brow beating for no reason at all. My
> thoughts only
> Danny

Danny hit the nail on the head.
There's way too much crap being said BEFORE events are even being held these days.
Everybody needs some time off because burnout can be permanent!

Think before you rag a TD! Or better yet, take a shot and see what goes into it.

rWc3523
March 08, 2011 07:09PM
Maybe if you'd just "Shut up and play" instead of making nit picky little troll posts about every minute detail that goes on here on the boards.

Seriously. A lot of your posts are just BEGGING for trolls. And that's half of the problem. Maybe if people would behave themselves in a half civilized manner, they wouldn't have to worry about facing the consequences of their actions. And then they wouldn't have to deal with the wah wahing that goes along with said consequence.
March 08, 2011 07:40PM
AciDBatH666 Wrote:
> Maybe if you'd just "Shut up and play" instead of
> making nit picky little troll posts about every
> minute detail that goes on here on the boards.
>
> Seriously. A lot of your posts are just BEGGING
> for trolls. And that's half of the problem. Maybe
> if people would behave themselves in a half
> civilized manner, they wouldn't have to worry
> about facing the consequences of their actions.
> And then they wouldn't have to deal with the wah
> wahing that goes along with said consequence.

OK..No problem with that response...never claimed to be perfect.

Alxtgr
March 08, 2011 07:51PM
Danny&Barbara Wrote:
> Keith i know what you are talking about but
> remember its not the SN thats runnig off TD's but
> all the hard work planning, responsiblity, then
> the stupid comments, If they deserved it, OK. But
> nobody needs brow beating for no reason at all. My
> thoughts only
> Danny

Danny,
I have known you and Barbara for years....

I remember when Audria and I meet you in Hattiesburg for the 1st time. Ya'll were talking about building a course on your land. We cooked at our cabin and ya'll cooked at yours. We all had some of the best times. We talked and thought about what would make thing better for our growing ideas.

We have come along way my friend!!! I respect you and Barbara more than you will ever know my friend!!!

With that said common sense should prevail.......Running off TDs for any reason is bad, but for the SN BoD actions to run them off well something needs to be looked at........

I respect you and Mrs. Barbara and I understand.........

Just sayen..........

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alxtgr
March 08, 2011 08:00PM
I'm not saying it's just you. But it's the trolls that post here bickering about every little detail. I don't think the SN ran off any TDs, they chose their own path.
You've got the BoD having to micromanage way too much and if people keep complaining about petty stuff, it's going to go nowhere. Kind of like how it is now!
Woooooo!
March 08, 2011 08:32PM
Explain yourself. How has the SN BOD run off three excellent TDs? I don't see it so I have no doubt that you have the answer to another negative thread you started! Also, if there are three, who are they?

Another thing, I refuse to be drug into posting negative feelings toward anyone on this forum!
March 08, 2011 10:03PM
I don't get it? It appears to me that there are more events on the calendar these days than ever, which means that more folks are stepping-up to TD than stepping down. What are we going to do about that? Give the credit to the BOD and start a thread praising them for it? Yeah right!
March 09, 2011 05:57AM
Thanks Keith, There are a lot of tournments now so we do need to keep all our TD's we can figure this out with everybody's help.
March 09, 2011 07:16AM
As one step up to TD he or she has already decided they want to run a DISC GOLF event. So at that point you need to think about all the events you have been to, think of your likes and dislikes that have went on at events you have been too. Now is a chance for you to see what you can do. Plan your event very well, find great helpers. With great helpers you as the TD can make sure all players are taken care of. Then think of each division and what are their needs as a group. Then how deep you will pay in each division is very important. Also think why are players going to event, taking home cash and prizes is last on most players list of why they are coming to your event. Player packs and t-shirt are great things at any event . Most players like the ride home with a little something to remind them of a great day of DISC GOLF WITH THEIR FRIENDS AND NEW FRIENDS. Many players think of DISC GOLF as their second family always keep that in mind, that is why we laugh and cry together, just like a family. #1 be ready to accept the challenge your about to face, have fun and if 95% go home happy you did very well, sometimes on the forum we mostly hear from unhappy players, which we need to hear from, but thru a PM first or better yet face to face. Sharing information from TDS to TDS and from TDS to PLAYERS would help more than anything else. Just a few thoughts, Jim!

PS, thank all of you who are stepping up to run for the BOD , please let me know if I can help you in any way. Just great to see a group that even I do not know who to pick, so speak up.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
March 09, 2011 08:03AM
AciDBatH666 Wrote:
> Seriously. A lot of your posts are just BEGGING
> for trolls. And that's half of the problem. Maybe
> if people would behave themselves in a half
> civilized manner, they wouldn't have to worry
> about facing the consequences of their actions.
> And then they wouldn't have to deal with the wah
> wahing that goes along with said consequence.

I agree BB. If someone draws a line in the sand and you decide to cross that line. Then they pop you in the mouth when you cross it, it's kind of hard to be suprised. Now was the line being drawn for the right reason? Depends. But, the outcome should be expected.

Are TD's being "Run Off'? Or have some choosen to "Run" themselves off? There is a difference.

And Danny I totally agree with you. And that's part of the reason that this site needs revamping. Tournament Threads should be "ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT" Nothing more, Nothing less.
March 09, 2011 08:10AM
Great point Chad about tournament only, sometimes we all need reminded even myself.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
March 09, 2011 08:59AM
Having just TD'd my first tournament I was shocked at how much went in to it. I will definitely do it again and hope to improve the next time around. I agree with whoever said, don't bash the TD until you've stepped into his/her shoes. Jim is right about having great help to get you through the event. I was fortunate to have outstanding assistants that made my job before and during the event easier. I now understand why most TDs don't play in their own events, you are just to be busy. A big thank you to all who have stepped up as TDs!!!

Ty
March 09, 2011 07:01PM
THANK YOU TDs!

Have you hugged a TD today? :)
March 10, 2011 08:31AM
lesliez Wrote:
> THANK YOU TDs!
>
> Have you hugged a TD today? :)

I have! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013