Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Weekly tosses in your area

Posted by Matt D 
Re: Weekly tosses in your area
April 18, 2011 10:45PM
There used to not be 3 on Thursday. It used to just be Baker and the 'bogue. With that, attendance wasn't affected much. People would play Baker or the 'bogue depending on how much time they had for travel. Guys getting off of work late would just come out to Baker and play that toss.

Now there's one at Muni Gold? That'll definitely affect attendance at both tosses. I'm not complaining really. I know we have no direct ties to MADGA. We're taking a $ out of our entry fees to cover the cost of new trees that will be planted, club t-shirts, etc. A little bit of the money was just used to help keep our videos on YouTube! [www.youtube.com]

I can understand how the situation at the 'bogue could cause a drop in attendance. Having that happen wouldn't sit well with many individuals. I'm not sure how MOBZ runs their toss, but I know that I always have to pay my $5 to play my toss. If I don't have the money, somebody will either sponsor me, or I'll just sit out and record video, keep score, etc. The situation could cause a LOT of ill feelings if Scott has won multiple weeks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
April 19, 2011 12:08AM
PB
Now on the playing for free. If you are going to let the person running it not pay, then someone else should be putting up the money? Everyplayer that plays should be putting in the money to build the pot. MADGA should put up the money for Scott or who ever they want to pay to run it?

Agreed... I thought this might be what they were doing so I thought that might be kosher... but yeah, someone should cover it. Then no one can say anything... MADGA can spend their money however they want. Then the club answers for it and not the "TD" of the tosses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
April 19, 2011 09:18AM
Shane could confirm, but I think the Muni Gold Toss is on Friday????? Not Thursday????

peanut butter
April 19, 2011 09:28AM
when i first posted that i didnt realize there was a muni gold toss too(on the numbers bein so low!). Im sure thursday will be jus fine on numbers, when the pot is up!!! And there is nothing to discuss on the other part, my money is and will be in the pot for every week i play(ed), and there are records to prove so. Thanks Scott G.
April 19, 2011 09:29AM
Thanks Scott for running this toss for MADGA! Your time and energy spent does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.
April 19, 2011 12:31PM
I agree with Pat. If whoever runs the toss isn't paying to play, his entry fee should be deducted from the cash holdout for MAGDA. For those who remember (or even care), I ran the Sunday toss for 3 years, payed my $5 & still collected money for MADGA. This money paid for the food for the Howler cookout so that MADGA did not have to cough up any.

Other listening to a lot of complaining about petty things, my only payment for my time was a dozen "nattys" at the Sunday Super Toss. Yes, running a toss does take some time and a little gas, but the success of the Sunday Toss and Disc Golf, in general, should be worth at least that.

I greatly appreciate those who will volunteer to run the tosses (of assist with Tournaments) including but not limited to Eddie, Buddy, Turbo, Scott, Cabbage, etc.... none have expected compensation for a few minutes of time to further the sport.

Mark A. Mann
April 25, 2011 02:12PM
I made the mistake, there are 3 tosses on Thursday.

pb
peanut butter
April 25, 2011 03:50PM
**UPDATED**

Weekly Tosses in Mobile, AL

Sunday
Taylor Made Birdies Pro/Am Doubles - USA - 10:00am
Bogue Ace Toss - Chickasabogue - 2pm

Monday
MADGA Singles Toss - Municipal Park - 5pm

Tuesday
MOBZ Random Draw Doubles - Cottage Hill - 5pm

Wednesday
MADGA Singles Toss - USA - 5pm

Thursday
MADGA Ace Toss - Chickasabogue - 5pm
Baker DG Club Random Doubles - Baker High School - 5pm

Saturday
MADGA Muni Marathon - Municipal Park and Municipal Museum Course - 10am

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2011 04:23PM by Bolty-Bolt.
HB
April 30, 2011 08:38AM
BOWLING GREEN

Wednesday 5pm Kereiakes

Thursday 4:40 pm Miller Park

Saturday 10 am Hobson Grove

All $5 doubles (a/b players) with optional ace pools per course
May 16, 2011 06:30AM
we are starting a monday doubles at 5:15 at blue angel park...$5 plus $1 ace pot
May 16, 2011 07:55AM
ACTUALLY STARTS TODAY THE 16TH; CHRIS WILL BE RUNNING IT AND THERE WILL BE NO FEE TO THE PARK AFTER 3:30
May 20, 2011 08:51AM
Do the Monday through Thursday weekly tosses in Mobile start exactly at 5pm? That's when I get off work and I'm just wondering if I'd be too late to participate if I arrived at 5:15.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
May 20, 2011 11:03AM
I believe they have pushed start time back to 5:30 now.
May 20, 2011 11:15AM
Most start around 5:15 to 5:30

BOOM! pdga# 41853
May 20, 2011 02:37PM
Tuesday random draw doubles @ cottage hill draw @ 5:15 & tee off @ 5:30. The last 2 weeks anyway
HB1
May 20, 2011 05:44PM
Nothing at Highland in BR? Or did I over look it?
jcb
May 24, 2011 07:59AM
Florence

Wednesday Doubles at McFarland starting at 4:00.
Sunday Doubles at Veterans starting at 2:00.

Cost for each is $3 with an optional ace pot for $1 extra.
$1 goes to club and $2 in the pot out of each entry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2011 08:02AM by jcb.
Dex
May 24, 2011 03:07PM
Wed doubles at Highland in B.R.

Dex
May 25, 2011 03:45PM
Memphis, TN
-----
Sunday -
-2 Rounds at Shelby Forest, at 8:00am and 10am. $7. They play singles on 1st and 3rd sunday, doubles the rest of the time.
-1 Round, Bag Tag, at Bud Hill, at 1:00pm. Cost is $3 to play, $15 for a Bag Tag (one time fee. You dont have to have a tag to play, but you MUST sign a waiver, NO EXCEPTIONS)

Monday -
1 Round at Johnson Road Park, flip-up doubles, at 5:00pm(sharp). Cost is $5, optional $2 ace pots.

Tuesday -
1 Round at Edmund Orgill, handicap league, singles, at 5:00pm. Cost is $5, optional $1 ace pot. MDGC membership required.

Wednesday -
1 Round at Shelby Forest, not sure format, starts at 6:00pm. Cost is $5 i think.

Thursday -
1 Round at Shelby Farms, handicap league, singles, at 5:00pm. Cost is $5, optional $1 ace pot. MDGC membership required.

thats all im aware of in memphis. they had been doing a singles/doubles 2 round saturdays at two different course that changed weekly, but i think that was just for winter.
May 28, 2011 07:18PM
No MOBZ last week, ran by a volunteer! Wasn't there 30 people there?

BOOM! pdga# 41853
June 01, 2011 03:24PM
Anybody going to the USA toss today 6/1/11.

peanut butter is coming to play so dont start at 5 wait until 5:15 or 5:30 I will be there right after five.

Thanks

Patrick
June 02, 2011 03:59PM
Arkansas (Little Rock area)

Diamond State Disc Golf Association Schedule for Mini tournaments

We as a club have mini tournaments that we run every Saturday and Sunday @10am.
Below you will see the schedule for those events and where we will have them. Playing casually is fun but learning tournament play can really sharpen your skills and be just as enjoyable. Come and join us.

Saturday and Sunday @ 10am
Cost: $6

June 4th and 5th Burns Park Red Course
June 02, 2011 04:01PM
THURSDAY = THROWDAY!!!

Back by popular demand!! The Diamond State Disc Golf Association will hold a Thursday mini EVERY Thursday!!! Just because you work at night or have other obligations on the weekend doesn
June 14, 2011 07:05PM
Dex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wed doubles at Highland in B.R.
>
> Dex

What time and what format?
Dex
June 15, 2011 08:54AM
6:00 P.M. and best shot

Dex
June 17, 2011 05:31PM
Buccaneer State Park

Tuesday 5:30 PM

Random draw doubles

$5 to enter with a $1 ace pot.
June 17, 2011 08:41PM
Just came from Chickasaw toss..fridays at 5:30..it has become a very competitive toss..course setup is great!!!
July 05, 2011 11:05AM
Still random draw at the Rez on Wednesday nights? If so, still at 5 p.m.?
July 07, 2011 08:16PM
glad to join

______________________________________________________________________________________
louis vuitton handbags louis vuitton bags
July 07, 2011 08:17PM
glad to join
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 36
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013