Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Weekly tosses in your area
March 16, 2011 08:55AM
This was a valuable thread for me last year so I thought we should have another one this year.
It just makes it easier for those traveling throughout the Southern National area to find a weekly
toss or tourney without having to wade through 20 threads covering the entire area.

FLORIDA

In the PENSACOLA area:

Sunday mornings at Blue Angel Park with Wally, KC, Smoothie and the gang. A casual friendly round.
Might be doubles, or singles depending on who all shows and how much money they're willing to wager.
Usually starts around 7:30am or so with a second round later.

Wednesday Doubles at 5:00pm at Sunset Park In Gulf Breeze, Florida. Join Mike Florey and the gang for
a competitive round of random draw doubles. Basic entry fee is $5 with an additional optional $1 Ace Pot &
$1 Birdie Fund available.

Thursday Fling For Food Round at 4:30pm at Sunset Park in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Entry fee is a non-perishable
food item or $2 if you forget your food. All entry fees will be donated to the Manna Food Bank in Pensacola. $1 optional Ace Pot is available. It will be starting at $101, as it was not hit late last season. Emerald Coast
Disc Golf Club Bag Tags are on the line each week.

So, who's throwing down in your neck of the woods?

In the FORT WALTON BEACH Area:
Thursday's ~ sign up @ 5:00, tee off @ 5:30..... WEEKLY FOOD TOSS ~ 2 -canned goods or $5.00 for the local food closets! KEY CHAINS BIKE & DISC donates prizes to the top 2 winners each week :)

The 1st and 3rd Sunday's ~ PLAYGROUND DISC GOLF CLUB has bag tag rounds..... sign up @ 1:00, tee off @ 1:30

The 2nd and 4th Sunday's ~ PLAYGROUND DISC GOLF CLUB has random draw doubles and "fun doubles". The fun doubles are for those that do not want to be as competitve or play for $$$ and KEY CHAINS BIKE & DISC donates a prize to the winning fun doubles team.

The random draw doubles are $ 7.00 which includes a birdie pot, ace pot, and CTP...sign up @ 2:00 tee off @ 2:30

Wednesday & Saturday Glow Rounds.... tee off approximately 8:30 pm..... super fun times ;)

I hope to see some of the SN family at any of our club events @ Ferry Park ;)

Mango in Fort Walton Beach -

*Tuesdays @ Ferry Park 5:30pm Mango Random Doubles toss
*Saturdays @ Ferry Park 10:15am Mango's Random Doubles toss
*Saturdays @ Ferry Park 1pm Mango's weekly bag tag round

Mango in Freeport -

*Thursdays @ Chain Dragon 5:30pm Mango's Randon Doubles toss
*Saturdays @ Chain Dragon 10:15am Mango's Random Doubles toss
*Saturdays @ Chain Dragon 1pm Mango's weekly bag tag round

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

MISSISSIPPI

HATTIESBURG:
- Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (5:30 pm) out at Tatum Trails DGC.

TUPELO:
Every Thursday @ 5:30pm , For the rest of the month of March it will be at Ballard Park , Next month (April) they will be at Tombigbee.

Every Sunday @ 2:00pm Veterans Park.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

ALABAMA

MOBILE:
Mondays: Casual Toss municipal 5$/ format changes depending on turnout.
Tuesdays: Mobz random doubles at Cottage Hill starts March 29 5:15pm 5$
Wednesdays:Casual Toss USA, usally singles, one division
Thursdays: TBA Chickasabouge 5 pm / Baker toss:Baker HS 5:20pm random doubles $5
Fridays: TBA Chickasaw toss
Saturdays: 28 hole marathon toss Muni and Muni Gold 10am 5$ changing format
Sundays: USA doubles 10am pro-am 5$ / Muni club toss 2pm random doubles 5or 6$/ TBA Chickasabouge toss 2 pm

Most of this information is unofficial, subject to change a little. Club getting together official info soon.

FAIRHOPE:
The Fairways of Fairhope welcomes all for Random Doubles Sundays at Noon
$5 to play
50% to 1st place team
30% to 2nd place team
10% for closest to the pin
10% into the Ace Pot
Ace Pot is $100
See us on Facebook - Fairways of Fairhope

LOUISIANA

NEW ORLEANS
Wed Doubles @ 6:00pm City Park
Sunday League @ 10:00am City Park

LAFAYETTE
Sunday doubles - 10:00 a.m.
Acadiana Park 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sundays; 'Pa' Davis 4th Sunday.
Running Ace Pot

Handicap league on Tuesdays at 5pm (4pm during non-DST), 1st Tuesday is Pa Davis, other ones are at Acadiana (random course). Rolling Ace pots (one for Acadiana and one for Pa Davis).

Flight Club has Am only (I assume that is still policy) league that runs on Saturdays 1pm. Various formats, always fun always friendly payout in plastic.

ARKANSAS

JONESBORO:
Craighead County Park

Weekly Tag Match currently at 2:00 (soon to change to 4:30 for daylight savings time).
Anyone present, tag or not, can join a card and play.

Flip doubles after tag matches. All welcome.

Join us on Facebook @ JonesboroDisc-Golf

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2011 05:19AM by John K.
Re: Weekly tosses in your area
March 16, 2011 09:18AM
If this takes off I'll update the link in the Sticky so this will be the one that stays on top.

Will do it now if that is what most want. I just figured the old one is harder to find and has more (granted, outdated) info so far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
March 16, 2011 09:38AM
In the Fort Walton Beach Area:

Thursday's ~ sign up @ 5:00, tee off @ 5:30..... WEEKLY FOOD TOSS ~ 2 -canned goods or $5.00 for the local food closets! KEY CHAINS BIKE & DISC donates prizes to the top 2 winners each week :)

The 1st and 3rd Sunday's ~ PLAYGROUND DISC GOLF CLUB has bag tag rounds..... sign up @ 1:00, tee off @ 1:30

The 2nd and 4th Sunday's ~ PLAYGROUND DISC GOLF CLUB has random draw doubles and "fun doubles". The fun doubles are for those that do not want to be as competitve or play for $$$ and KEY CHAINS BIKE & DISC donates a prize to the winning fun doubles team.

The random draw doubles are $ 7.00 which includes a birdie pot, ace pot, and CTP...sign up @ 2:00 tee off @ 2:30

Wednesday & Saturday Glow Rounds.... tee off approximately 8:30 pm..... super fun times ;)

I hope to see some of the SN family at any of our club events @ Ferry Park ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2011 09:57AM by KeyChains1.
March 16, 2011 09:52AM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If this takes off I'll update the link in the
> Sticky so this will be the one that stays on top.
>
> Will do it now if that is what most want. I just
> figured the old one is harder to find and has more
> (granted, outdated) info so far.

Thanks, G.
March 16, 2011 11:30AM
Hattiesburg, MS - Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (5:30 pm) out at Tatum Trails DGC.

Formats:TBD

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
March 16, 2011 12:09PM
Mondays: Casual Toss municipal 5$/ format changes depending on turnout.
Tuesdays: Mobz random doubles at Cottage Hill starts March 29 5:15pm 5$
Wednesdays:Casual Toss USA, usally singles, one division
Thursdays: TBA Chickasabouge 5 pm / Baker toss:Baker HS
Fridays: TBA Chickasaw toss
Saturdays: 28 hole marathon toss Muni and Muni Gold 10pm 5$ changing format
Sundays: USA doubles 10am pro-am 5$ / Muni club toss 2pm random doubles 5or 6$/ TBA Chickasabouge toss 2 pm

Most of this information is unofficial, subject to change a little. Club getting together official info soon.
March 16, 2011 12:13PM
matt d. great post; hows your ankle??? and i still have your sun glasses.
Anonymous User
March 16, 2011 04:23PM
Tupelo, Ms

Every Thursday @ 5:30pm , For the rest of the month of March it will be at Ballard Park , Next month (April) they will be at Tombigbee.

Every Sunday @ 2:00pm Veterans Park.
March 17, 2011 11:46AM
Mobile on Saturdays is probably 10am instead of 10pm. I could be wrong though....

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
March 17, 2011 06:32PM
Lafayette, Louisiana

Sunday doubles - 10:00 a.m.
Acadiana Park 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sundays; 'Pa' Davis 4th Sunday.
Running Ace Pot

For more info: fotojoet@charter.net

[www.acadianaparkdiscgolf.com]
[www.acadianadga.org]
[www.pipscause.org]
March 17, 2011 07:40PM
Come on Joe... you just gonna leave me and flight club hanging?

Handicap league on Tuesdays at 5pm (4pm during non-DST), 1st Tuesday is Pa Davis, other ones are at Acadiana (random course). Rolling Ace pots (one for Acadiana and one for Pa Davis).

Flight Club has Am only (I assume that is still policy) league that runs on Saturdays 1pm? Various formats, always fun always friendly payout in plastic.

*Corrected time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2011 07:11PM by Gilligan.
March 18, 2011 09:37AM
Mango in Fort Walton Beach -

*Tuesdays @ Ferry Park 5:30pm Mango Random Doubles toss
*Saturdays @ Ferry Park 10:15am Mango's Random Doubles toss
*Saturdays @ Ferry Park 1pm Mango's weekly bag tag round

Mango in Freeport -

*Thursdays @ Chain Dragon 5:30pm Mango's Randon Doubles toss
*Saturdays @ Chain Dragon 10:15am Mango's Random Doubles toss
*Saturdays @ Chain Dragon 1pm Mango's weekly bag tag round

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com
March 18, 2011 09:51AM
Flight Club in Jackson,MS is just getting cranked up. Bag tags are now in so if you want one ask a member. We have weekly toss usually on Saturday in the A.M. Format is usually decided when we arrive. Payout will be either cash or plastic. Everyone is welcome to attend. (even JUDGES)

We will be meeting up this Saturday at the Res for an 8am round. We are having it early so that people can attend the St.Patty's Day Parade downtown.

If you have any questions just send me a PM and I will get back to you asap.
March 18, 2011 08:44PM
The Fairways of Fairhope welcomes all for Random Doubles Sundays at Noon
$5 to play
50% to 1st place team
30% to 2nd place team
10% for closest to the pin
10% into the Ace Pot
Ace Pot is $100
See us on Facebook - Fairways of Fairhope

RMFT BamaJim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2011 08:46PM by BamaJim.
March 19, 2011 07:19PM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come on Joe... you just gonna leave me and flight
> club hanging?
>
> Handicap league on Tuesdays at 5pm (4pm during
> non-DST), 1st Tuesday is Pa Davis, other ones are
> at Acadiana (random course). Rolling Ace pots
> (one for Acadiana and one for Pa Davis).
>
> Flight Club has Am only (I assume that is still
> policy) league that runs on Saturdays 2pm?
> Various formats, always fun always friendly payout
> in plastic.

Didn't have the info on the flight club. But I knew you'd cover it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2011 07:21PM by misterbogey.
March 21, 2011 08:43AM
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Craighead County Park

Weekly Tag Match currently at 2:00 (soon to change to 4:30 for daylight savings time).
Anyone present, tag or not, can join a card and play.

Flip doubles after tag matches. All welcome.

Join us on Facebook @ JonesboroDisc-Golf
March 21, 2011 06:42PM
Flight Club Lafayette is every sat at 1pm.. thanks
March 22, 2011 10:21AM
BR

Tuesday Doubles - Greenwood when it opens! - Flanacher Dubs (if enough) Tues 5pm Singles if not

Wed Doubles - Highland Road

Dex
March 22, 2011 03:07PM
Racer you left off Leauge on Sunday at Flanacher 1:00

Every afternoon Dex and the Dog at Flanacher

Dex
April 13, 2011 04:00PM
Jackson, MS

Judges - Most likely at the Rez

Wed Mini Double - Random draw - 5:00pm start time - Cash round ($5 entry, $ 1 ace pot for members, $ 1 CTP)

Saturday Mini Tag Round - 10:00am start time - ($1 ace pot for club members, $1 CTP)
might be having a double and a tag round coming soon on saturdays.

Sunday Mini Doubles - Random draw - 10:00am start time - Payout in Plastic ($5 entry, $ 1 ace pot for members, $ 1 CTP)

We always meet by hole 13 tee pad right next to the parking lot. All rounds open to public, ace pots only for club members.

More info on website.

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
April 15, 2011 09:30AM
the thursday ace toss at chickasabogue has had low numbers for its 1st two weeks... and i heard from sources that it was because the board was allowing me to play for free.... i no longer will accept this free entry and/or i could let someone else take over.... but jus clearin it up, the toss coordinator for the thursday toss (does not) have free entry to play!!! thanks and i hope to see the numbers back on the rise.... $100 ace pot next week depending on the crowd to show up.... this toss will start sign-up at 430 and end around 515 for those that want to play all 27 holes or jus play the regular 18... Thanks Scott G
April 16, 2011 08:11PM
WE'D HAVE ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE VOLUNTEER TO DO IT IF THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY. jus sayn.

BMB
April 18, 2011 08:51AM
well i was only doin what i was told to do.... but i figured there would be a problem with it when i was told to do it that way.... no problem payin to play.... :) hope to see a crowd thursday!!!
April 18, 2011 09:49AM
If a non-MADGA BoD member is running a MADGA toss then that person (no matter who it is) should not have to pay to play. This person is taking time out of his day to help out the club which will ultimately go back to the players. Scott...you shouldn't have to feel like you have to pay to play for running this toss, and I am little disheartened to hear that people have a problem with this. MADGA Thanks you for your time! And for that we want to re-pay you. If someone has a problem with this, please have them talk to either me or Shane. Once again...thanks for running this toss! See you on the course soon!
April 18, 2011 10:16AM
Weekly Tosses in Mobile, AL

Sunday
Taylor Made Birdies Pro/Am Doubles - USA - 10:00am
Bogue Ace Toss - Chickasabogue - 2pm

Monday
MADGA Singles Toss - Municipal Park - 5pm

Tuesday
MOBZ Random Draw Doubles - Cottage Hill - 5pm

Wednesday
MADGA Singles Toss - USA - 5pm

Thursday
MADGA Ace Toss - Chickasabogue - 5pm
Muni Gold Singles Toss - Municiple Museum Course - 5pm
Baker DG Club Pro/Am Doubles - Baker High School - 5pm

Saturday
MADGA Muni Marathon - Municipal Park and Municipal Museum Course - 10am
April 18, 2011 10:21AM
WHAT?! No toss on Friday? Slackers! ;)

April 18, 2011 11:25AM
I don't know, but if he can play in a MADGA, while not being a MADGA member, and gets to walk away with money taken from MADGA members, why shouldn't he have to pay. I know I'm not in mobile, and maybe I haven't a clue as to what the entry+payout is, but I wouldnt like the situation as it is (if I'm reading it correctly). Sorry, didn't mean to butt in.

Terry Zeringue
April 18, 2011 11:46AM
It's not a MADGA Member thing..but a MADGA BoD Member thing. He isn't a Board Member but is volunteering to run our toss. For that, he deserves something.
April 18, 2011 12:02PM
I understand, don't agree, but respectfully understand. :-)

Terry Zeringue
April 18, 2011 02:34PM
3 tosses on the Same day. Maybe that is why the numbers are low?

You know there are so many tosses (which I like) during the week that the numbers are down anyway. We used to have one or two a week, so we had a lot of players show up. Now that there are so many, you can pick and choose when you want or can play.

You are not going to get a big number unless the Ace Pot is large.

Now on the playing for free. If you are going to let the person running it not pay, then someone else should be putting up the money? Everyplayer that plays should be putting in the money to build the pot. MADGA should put up the money for Scott or who ever they want to pay to run it?

Just my opionion.

peanut butter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013