Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

State Games of Mississippi Tourney Roosevelt State Park June 18

Posted by discdaddydale 
Re: State Games of Mississippi Tourney Roosevelt State Park June 18
June 17, 2011 09:45AM
what a great sounding tournament! wish i could make it up for some open competition. but i dont know of anyone coming up to catch a ride with.... Next time i'll be there Dale! Im sure u will run an awesome event. Scott G.
June 17, 2011 10:21AM
all i was asking was for someone to show me where the SN says that you can only play novice once...and nobody can. i think it is a big turnoff for newer players that want to compete that there is no division between novice where most of the people shoot 4-8 over on 18 holes and intermidiate where folks shoot 4-6 down on 18...that is like a 10 shot difference. There should be a division between novice(if you can only play it once) and intermediate more newer players would play because they can be competitive in their division until their skills improve. But instead of anyone answering the real question they just accuse you of cheating.

BTW i will not be able to make it this weekend but girly you can go ahead and write down what you have to say to me and next time i see you you can tell me exactly what you want!!
June 17, 2011 10:24AM
Good Post^^^^^
ideas anyone?

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!
Mark, there is division you speak of, REC.

Who called you a cheater ? I was talking to JBreezy when he said he would follow the rules if they were inforced. Please, don't put words in my mouth.

As for novice being an actual division - I always heard and have always thought novice was for FIRST time tournament players. If you've cashed in novice, MOVE UP.
June 17, 2011 10:41AM
SN does not have a rec division that is my point...PDGA does. I would like to ssee SN put in a rec division for developing players maybe that is something that the board of directors can discuss. I think it would encourage more play from "middle of the road" players.

and Girly if the cheater remark was not aimed at me i am sorry for flying off the handle, maybe you should have clearified that in your post.
June 17, 2011 10:43AM
good way to bring new players, call them a cheater. thanks for making me feel welcome to the sport.

josh sullivan

P.S.
I HOPE THAT NOT ALL NEW PLAYERS ARE TREATED LIKE THAT. see you all there for a great day of Disc Golf! Blue shirts gunna take it.
June 17, 2011 10:50AM
Here is my answer to the novice thing.

If you cannot shoot under par be it tourney rd or casual rd play int. I agree with you that 4-6 up should not be playing with people who shoot 4-6 down. If you can shoot even or under par on a consistant basis then play adv.

If people would play where they belong then novice wouldn't need to exist. Int/novice should be the same thing. But until people play where they need to be playing them I don't see a problem with people playing novice more than once.

At the end of a tournament. Int winner should not be 4-6 under pat for the tournament. 4-6 under is not intermediate that's adv

So mark and whoever asked until this problem of bagging is fixed play in whatever division you feel comfortable and have fun and try to teach people rules that don't know them.

I feel we need as many people playing as possible so I will offer nov at my tournaments from now on but if someone shoots under par in novice I will not pay them out.
June 17, 2011 10:56AM
I think this is a perfect argument of why SN needs some kind of ratings scale. I think we should go ahead and implement a ratings scale and that would solve a lot of problems.

Jbreezy please dont be turned off...disc golf is a great sport with a lot of great people playing.
There use to be a REC division in the SN, not sure if it's still used. It's not used around here.

JBreezy , I have yet to use the word cheat,cheater in any of my post. I was simply quoting you, correct? You said you would follow the rules if enforced. Now you are putting words in my mouth. Who's next?
June 17, 2011 11:00AM
Thank you and im not. I love this Sport. i just dont want to see other new people get turned away because of select individuals. mainly i have met alot of great people here. Cant wait for a great 2 rounds tommrow.

Josh Sullivan AKA JBREZZY
June 17, 2011 11:01AM
there was a REC at Paul B. but no Novice so really the REC at that one was NOVICE. and to set record straight ive been playing maybe 6 months, 3 months truly playing. and only been to two tournaments, which i did not win still was plenty of competiton.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2011 11:02AM by JBREZZY.
June 17, 2011 11:07AM
Dude your not worth my time, Im hear to learn and have fun. everything has been settled, there will be Novice and you can play more then once. Sorry didnt go your way. either way im done with it, I get to Play so Im going to Play, and all the pettyness isnt going to distract me or run me off. Now like i said befor, GOOD LUCK!

Josh Sullivan AKA JBREZZY
--------------------------------------------
JUDGES
June 17, 2011 11:09AM
anyways, from what areas is everybody from that knows there coming?
June 17, 2011 11:13AM
LunchMoney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry Josh, aint going to be able to make this
> one. Dont have anywhere to stay. Yall have fun.

Its a state park...go camping...cheap and easy plus it's on site. What more could you ask for?
There is also cabins and a hotel IN the park!!!

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
June 17, 2011 11:17AM
There is a hotel in the park? Which one? Is Morton a pretty safe area? By safe I mean not a lot of riff-raff?
June 17, 2011 11:29AM
"breaking the rules"...thats cheating wheather you say it or not.
June 17, 2011 11:37AM
let me reword what i said, if it is a documented rule that everyone follows then i would do the same. but its not a rule, so im not breaking, so im not cheating.
June 17, 2011 11:52AM
Ok, I have a way to settle all this cat fighting on the message board between Sullivan and Gourley. There is a log/downed tree going over the water between hole 4 and hole 17. I say y'all walk out on the log from seperate sides and joust it out like American Gladiators, winner gets a sweet 146g Dolphin and a cookie. Not sure it will be as epic as Nitro vs. Gemini but should still be fun to watch.

Wesley Hall
-------------------------------
JUDGES
June 17, 2011 11:53AM
i agree with you jbreezy...thats the whole point i was trying to make.
June 17, 2011 11:54AM
lol, im down, i have nothing else to say, no drama, just disc golf, Thanks Wes i needed a good laugh.
June 17, 2011 11:56AM
So Wes, do i need to bring plenty of extra plastic, i was told probally lose a good bit.
June 17, 2011 12:05PM
going to be a hot one tommrow, 99 is what the weather says but could break a 100. drink plenty of water.
June 17, 2011 12:13PM
I think you will be ok Josh. Hole 4 (over the water where you will be jousting) and maybe hole 16 or 17 if you over shoot the basket on your approach (kinda like 17 at the Rez if you over shoot basket going towards the water you are wet) are the only ones that you should really go into the water unless you just got unlucky and hit a tree on hole 2 or 3 and shot into the drink. I would keep the green tie dyed discs at the house though or anything that is dark or not clear to see or easily find. My brother lost a dark green tie dye monster on hole 5 and it only looked like it went 5 ft in the woods from the box and disappeared. He is a novice, for sure, and played every hole but hole 4 and only lost that one disc b/c it was not a bright color so you should be good.
June 17, 2011 01:12PM
Everyone have fun this weekend.....

For those interested historically novice and recreational are the same when it come to posting results. They are interchangeable name-wise and receive no sn points since there is no novice/rec division at the SNAC.

Many TDs including myself, think of it as an intriductory division but there has never been a rule stating that a person can only play novice once. Ideally novice and ams play the same courses so someone new to tournament golf can see where they would finish if they had played ams. If a player wants to play novice more than once it is ok by me because at tournaments I've ran novice was paid out as a noncompetative division with every player getting something. Jim Orum typically gave ALL novice players the choice of 2 discs or a small disc golf bag at past tournaments. The payout was the same across the entire division. I've emulated this approach myself.

JOhn k
June 17, 2011 01:23PM
Thanks Wes, Good to hear.
June 17, 2011 01:38PM
Suggestion to the board of directors:
novice division-newcomers to the game. Players may play a total of 5 novice tournament after that they must move up to the next highest division.
This will give new players a chance to get some tournament experience before they make the jump to a higher division. I don't think that one tournament gives anybody a clear understanding of what tournaments are like.

Then have the other divisions either based on the current points system or a rating system like the pdga.
June 17, 2011 01:40PM
good ideal.
JK , you are right on the money about what novice should be. Every player should get something across the board, a non competitive division.

Mark Box, you are nominated for BoD maybe you can make this happen! You can have the #1 covetted seat I sit in.
June 17, 2011 01:55PM
the novice tournament i was in was just that way. we all knew we were getting something. it was mainly so we could all get the experince with people that are at the same level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2011 01:57PM by JBREZZY.
June 17, 2011 01:58PM
I am of course appalled by an argument about a rule without even referring to the rule.

It reads: (1.4.3) Novice: an amateur division for beginning players.

What is a "beginning" player? I suppose that is debatable but in this case we don't have to because the Commissioner has spoken.

Wish I could come get my GM gold but no can do.

Does the Commissioner have a partner for the SNDC?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013