Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

National Players Challenge

Posted by Trackin01 
May 23, 2011 10:54PM
Thats right! It is finially here. It has gone through some major changes and updates to fit the disc golfing needs and wants.

Check it out at [www.npctour.com]
This is a membership based tournament series that has finially begun.

$30 Membership
Includes:
$2 discount at all NPC sanctioned events
2011 Hot Stamp Disc
Membership I.D. Card
NPC Sticker
Lifetime Member Number
Quarterly e-newsletter
Access to Website & Discussion Board
Qualify to compete in Your NPC second chance qualifier
Qualify to compete in the NPC Championship
Renewal Membership:
Includes:
$2 discount at all NPC sanctioned events
Current Years Hot Stamp Disc
Updated Membership I.D. Card
NPC Sticker
Quarterly e-newsletter
Qualify to compete in your NPC second chance qualifier
Qualify to compete in the NPC Championship

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2011 10:54PM by Trackin01.
Re: National Players Challenge
May 23, 2011 10:55PM
NPC TOUR

NPC National Championship
The TOP TWO players in each division at an NPC first chance qualifier will
be awarded a bid to represent and compete in the NPC National Championship.

All PDGA reps will have an automatic bid to use foror to give away in their state.

First chance qualifiers are NPC sanctioned events that are given to each state to host the states first bid process. Players will have until April 1st leading up to the NPC championship to pay for a membership and pre-register for the NPC championship.

Second chance qualifiers are NPC sanctioned events that are given to each
state to host the states second opportunity to award bids into the NPC championship. This bid is given to IN-State players only. All players
are allowed to compete in this event, but only the in-state players are awarded
the bid. Four bids will be awarded at the second chance qualifiers.

Last chance qualifier: is an NPC sanctioned event that is held in Arkansas to give players a chance to make the last bid into the championship. All players are welcome to compete and any player has a chance to earn a bid.
Only the top five players in each division will receive the bid.

*Any player can travel to any state in order to compete in the first chance qualifiers. Example: You did not qualify at your state? Travel to another
state and give it a try there.

*If players have qualified already and place ahead of you, the bids slide down to the next best score. Example: You place 3rd at a first chance
qualifier and the top 2 players have already qualified, then you receive the bid.
May 23, 2011 10:55PM
The popularity has even moved to Disc Golf Planet and they have taken some interest in filming the NPC Championship May 26-27, 2012. We are in the works with it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2011 10:59PM by Trackin01.
May 23, 2011 11:11PM
Top 10 Benefits of the National Players Challenge

1 No Non member fees
2 A website that shows you how much money is added daily to the NPC Championships. www.npctour.com
3 Events offered across the country
4 Affordable memberships with renewal packages that can't be beat.
5 A lifetime member number that is linked to your name to have the correct spelling with your players stats
6 $2 Discount to all NPC events for current members
7 Discussion forum for all clubs to have their own topic. A way to update your club news, mini events, club tournaments and more. . . .
8 NPC college scholarship program set up for the players who want to jump start their college dreams
9 NPC championship held on memorial day weekend to give those players an opportunity to play disc golf and have Monday off from work.
10 A professional staff dedicated to the players needs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2011 11:16PM by Trackin01.
May 23, 2011 11:18PM
Any TD interested in hosting a NPC qualifier for your state, feel free to send a PM or post here. I will send you the TD package information and get you involved. Check out the website and view the NPC Handbook if you like. This is a detailed book that explains it all.
May 24, 2011 06:19AM
This is a great idea! I would definitely be interested in hosting one of these qualifiers.

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
May 24, 2011 08:09AM
I forgot to mention........the first 50 members will receive a choice of a champ katana, champ mako, or a champ glo firebird...................with that being said. I have very limited supply of those. I have already sold a quick 31 memberships and they are going really fast! Once those are gone, I will have another stock of something else
May 24, 2011 09:07AM
If you have a graduating senior of 2012..........get involved! The National Players Challenge is giving away a college scholarship to a graduating senior of 2012!

Requirements: Must be a NPC member, Must have a 3.0 GPA, and Must have two references.

This is free money for college.......want to learn more? Go to www.npctour.com or email the National Players Challenge at npctour@live.com
May 24, 2011 12:29PM
If your interested in a club forum that displays local events, meetings, mini's, etc . . . . request it on the website www.npctour.com
send a PM here or email us at npctour@live.com

Your club will have its own page and own forum to post messages. This is request only. Put your club on the forum and get started!
May 24, 2011 02:57PM
Looks like it's just you that's interested. LOL

Not taking a jab at ya. Just laughing at the lack of posts from anyone other than yourself.
Good luck with it. Sounds cool :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2011 03:30PM by Wheeliesareforserious.
May 24, 2011 03:58PM
Wish I could agree with you on that one. You are correct though.........you only see the post. What isn't displayed are the PM's that have been sent and replied to. Its been keeping me kind of busy. Thanks for the post though.
May 25, 2011 08:01AM
I have my first TD to sanction an event today!

PDGA B-Tier
Alma Greens Alma, AR
Arkansas 2nd Chance Qualifier
*Special exemption is being made for this. I am
allowing all 4 spots per division to go towards the top 4 players instead of just Arkansas only players.
This is upon TD request that I will allow if asked.

The NPC Championship will be at Russellville, AR at their two newly established championship courses. You don't want to miss out on this event.
Players who earn an invite will receive their entry fee back in their custom player packs. As I said before, this event is getting popular. TD's from South Dakota have made some interest!

Don't forget about the College Scholarship, this is fee money! $500 to get started in college!
jcb
May 25, 2011 08:10AM
I believe this thread should be removed. You should not come on one tournament series website to advertise another tournament series. Not the way to do things in my opinion.
May 25, 2011 08:44AM
James-

I do believe that I duel sanction SN events with NPC events and run many SN events annually. If you have noticed, there are multiple tournament series sanctioned and advertised on here................Example: Eat Sleep Disc and Disc Caddie Event are a few.

They host SN tournaments duel sanctioned of their own.

I try to do my part in supporting it all..........players from all around deserve good disc golf tournaments. Rather it be SN, PDGA, or NPC.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings on this. Thank you though
May 25, 2011 09:21AM
One love... Disc Golf

We don't stop Bernie from advertising his Crosstown Traffic Series either.

It's all about growing the sport!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
jcb
May 25, 2011 01:18PM
Oh you haven't hurt my feelings at all.
BUD
May 25, 2011 04:04PM
BIG difference- without the support of Crosstown Traffic Series at the beginning- SOUTHERN NATIONALS would not have survived. Bernie sanctions when there are no conflicts- so several touneys a year pay the "pot". This should be removed UNTIL approved by the whole BOD. It is not just one tourney BUT a whole series. Any DUAL santion event has every right to be here- all others ?????? - BOD should make the call. bud5996
May 25, 2011 05:20PM
When is Alma Greens this year?
May 25, 2011 05:40PM
BUD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BIG difference- without the support of Crosstown
> Traffic Series at the beginning- SOUTHERN
> NATIONALS would not have survived. Bernie
> sanctions when there are no conflicts- so several
> touneys a year pay the "pot". This should be
> removed UNTIL approved by the whole BOD. It is not
> just one tourney BUT a whole series. Any DUAL
> santion event has every right to be here- all
> others ?????? - BOD should make the call.
> bud5996

Just wondering if you have had a problem with non sanctioned events posted on the SN site before? Over the years, I've seen many non sanctioned events on the forum. Regardless this is a tournament series that will have SN events, PDGA events and just NPC events. Believe it or not it is what the players have asked for in a tournament series. Memberships, no non member fees, member numbers, annual membership package, qualifying events, championship, sponsorships, member discount at all NPC events $2 off entry, .25 of each sanctioning fee goes towards the NPC college fund as it progresses it will get better too.
In the end, promoting disc golf and providing awesome tournaments for the players will is the key.
May 25, 2011 05:49PM
Rebel Discs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When is Alma Greens this year?
June 25, 2011 one day event
A flyer is being worked up.
MPO/WPO = $70
All other pro divisions = $60
All Amateur divisions = $40
Juniors and Intermediate women = $25
Remember $10 non-member PDGA fee
As soon as more details are in, it would be posted at www.npctour.com/forum
May 25, 2011 06:01PM
Thanks Doug,

Keep up the good work. You have a true passion for the sport.
May 25, 2011 06:37PM
FYI - Juniors will not have to pay a PDGA nonmember fee
Anonymous User
May 25, 2011 08:33PM
Buddy, they should allow the NPC thread here just so the SN can learn from it. I mean Doug has done more work for his series in a short time than the entire current SN Board of Nonaccomplishments have done their entire terms.

And whatever it was that you were smoking before you typed "without the support of Crosstown Traffic Series at the beginning- SOUTHERN NATIONALS would not have survived", please save some for me. That's easily the dumbest statement made on this forum this month, and there is of course plenty of competition for that dubious honor.

I hope the NPC takes off and gives the lousy, overpriced pDGA a run for its money. Where do I send my membership?
May 25, 2011 11:18PM
Keep up the GREAT work DOUG!!!!! IF only this sport had more people such as yourself!!!! IF anything should be deleted,it should be the 2 stupid,ignorant posts made by somebodys buddy and jcb.QUIT hatin on a man who has given lots n lots n lots of his personal time to improve the quality of DISCGOLF events nationwide...GREAT WORK DOUG!!!!!
BUD
May 25, 2011 11:38PM
Bluff- if will go back and look at the record- Joe Sherrod started the Crosstown and he did sanction SNs. The ONLY tourneys that did at that time were CROSSTOWN and tourneys Jim and Terry ran together. Citronelle, Jubilee, ALL the tourneys at Cottage Hill,Fourth of July ....Magnolia... Howler, Dead Lake , West Mobile,Icebowl, Miss. States(when they were GREAT), Buccaneer, Gautier....ARE you joking?????? STUFF that in your pipe and smoke it... AS for using SNs site without permission for a series-- that is way different from letting a charity or small group promote 1 tourney. And all I said is the BOD should make a call -- 2 statements ??? SCOTTYD your are seeing double- quit smoking that METH. bud5996
May 26, 2011 12:23AM
Kernan
I mean Doug has done more work for his series in a short time than the entire current SN Board of Nonaccomplishments have done their entire terms.

The most poetically ironic statement you have ever made Kernan... and that is saying a LOT!

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
May 26, 2011 10:57AM
thats ok buddy patwate.run your lil mouth chump.the good thing is we will cross paths eventually and we'll see how you wanna talk on that day and not behind a keyboard.SORRY DOUG,for the trash on your thread brought by such an imbescile as buddy patwate .hope no potential sponsers are lost by his ignorant posts for your series or any other discgolf series.
Anonymous User
May 26, 2011 11:32AM
Lol.
Anonymous User
May 26, 2011 11:56AM
Buddy, really dude, step away from the pipe and recall that Memphis, baton rouge and new Orleans all sanctioned with SN from the very 1st year.

Try to get out of Mobile more often but please drive sober.
BUD
May 26, 2011 02:04PM
Not true my friend- not true- the first year was ALL Mobile tourneys AND Gautier, Icebowl, Miss States. Bucaneer, . I know because I played in all of them. You guys came later. SCOTTYD - I aint hiding- You are barking at the WRONG dog- Anyway- as I said the BOD should make the call. bud5996
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013