Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Columbus, GA tourney - July 3rd

Posted by sand2bass2 
Columbus, GA tourney - July 3rd
May 30, 2011 06:32AM
There will be a tourney on July 3rd in Columbus, GA at the Flat Rock Park disc golf course. This is an amazing course that I have posted pics of in the past and is not far at all from Mobile and Birmingham so please come over and check out one of the latest additions to our SN family.

More info later...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 09:52AM by John K.
Re: Columbus, GA tourney - July 2nd
May 31, 2011 07:35AM
Tony, is this an SN tournament? Just clarifying because it isn't on the SN schedule yet....

JOhn k
May 31, 2011 08:35AM
Yes John. Please add it to the schedule. More info will follow. Thanks.
June 07, 2011 10:31PM
Sorry for the confusion, but there was some miscommunication between myself and the TD. The tourney will be held Sunday, July 3rd and not the Saturday before (July 2nd). Hope this doesn't mess anyone up. Please make it if you can.....

John, can u change it on the schedule page please??? Thanks.

TB
June 10, 2011 09:14PM
June 14, 2011 09:07AM
Sunday, July 3rd this tourney will take place, not the Saturday before. Will someone please change it on the schedule page....

TB
Re: Columbus, GA tourney - July 3rd
June 26, 2011 09:13AM
Am I the only one going to play for all this $$$????
June 26, 2011 11:10PM
I think im going to make the trip there! 500 dollars added to the pro payout, thats awesome!
June 27, 2011 10:13AM
That's great Cam! Bring some others with you. They need the support of the SN family at their events!!

It really is not that far.....

TB
June 30, 2011 07:23AM
Anyone else plan on making the trek over to this AMAZING new course??? It really is worth the trip....
June 30, 2011 01:34PM
I'm seriously considering it. The added payout might just be enough enticement. If anyone from the Panhandle wants to go let me know.
BUD
June 30, 2011 02:38PM
Mmmm, 256 miles from Mobile--- 4 hours there, 4hours back = 8 hours to play for 5 hours....would like to go, but that seems a bit crazy. Have to think about it some more. bud5996
June 30, 2011 02:53PM
cam32092 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think im going to make the trip there! 500
> dollars added to the pro payout, thats awesome!......Do not be fooled young man.it says to pro purse NOT pro open..$500 aint goin very far when you split it up between pro open men=pro open women=master men=master women=pro grandmaster men and so forth
June 30, 2011 04:08PM
Looking at the last tourney held at Flat Rock only TB played in any pro division hence the comment is he the only one that's going to play for the $$$. I have to drive far to play any tournament so might as well.
July 01, 2011 08:19AM
I heard this was a great course. Might be worth the drive. Wish I could go, but will be in Huntsville again.

Have fun!!!!

peanut butter
July 01, 2011 10:51AM
Heck yeah Snappy! Hope you make it. The course is worth the drive and the park itself puts it over the top for sure. It's one of those parks you know, where you look around and think man, it was made for disc golf. Lots of hills with HUGE rock formations and many, many scenic views of the creek that winds through. You won't be disappointed! See you there.

TB
July 02, 2011 09:01PM
So who is going to make it??? Played the course today and it looks fabulous out there. Come get ya some of the newest hottest thing in West Ga....
July 03, 2011 02:43PM
Good luck Cam!

BOOM! pdga# 41853
July 03, 2011 10:26PM
The Columbus Disc Golf Club would like to thank everyone who was able to make the trip. We had a great time hosting the event and hope everyone had a great time. As we mentioned, we were able to add $500 to the pro purse, so hopefully that made the drive worthwhile. We're looking forward to the next one and hope to keep building attendance as more folx discover our course.

Thanks!

The results(prior to being received by SN) can be found here:

SCORES
July 04, 2011 09:01AM
That's how it should be done, same day as the tourney the results are posted! Given a small turn out, other TD's should take this as an example. Great job CDGC!!!!!

BOOM! pdga# 41853
July 04, 2011 09:21AM
Didnt get to make it, but I will play this course in the near future I hope.
July 05, 2011 10:10AM
The course and the tournament exceeded my expectations. The course was fair but challenging and the tourney went smoothly with all the events moving along quickly so there wasn't alot of waiting around. I appreciate the little extras beyond the regular payout which is always a nice touch. So, good job Columbus and I'll be back for sure.

See ya next time,

Snappy
July 05, 2011 06:23PM
Man what a payout!! Thanks to all the area pros for NOT showing up and letting Snappy and I have one of the best paydays in the history of the SN's series. We both played so horribly the first round that there is no doubt in my mind had a legit pro shown up, that they would have whooped us. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Also, want to give a big thank you to Jayson Camper and Connan Barnes who worked their butts off (with what seemed to me not a lot of help) and put on a great show! They had added cash, ctp's, ring-o-fires and gave away a portable basket (that was won by a 10 year old) to boot. They made not one penny off the tourney, as everyone was paid BIG!! Outstanding job guys!!

Thanks to all the sponsors that helped boost this tourney up!!

The word will get out about these events and will soon be a great destination for tourney play. Just you wait......

TB
July 07, 2011 09:40AM
Results are on the site....any changes pm me or email at johnk@sndg.org. I agree as well thanks for the timelyness!! (I'll work on getting them up sooner as well)

JOhn k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013