Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CAMP SMILE TIME AGAIN... PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN

Posted by "JC" jose cuervo 
CAMP SMILE TIME AGAIN... PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN
June 14, 2011 01:29PM
Camp Smile has asked for our help again this year... We just need a few hours to make a big difference in a campers life.. Like last year we (the disc golf community of Mobile) will meet at the camp located just off Eliza Jordan Rd. at 09:00 till noon.. We get to share our sport with the campers and staff then we are invited to have lunch with them.. This was a real good time last year for those that were able to make it.. The dates are as follows:
JUNE: 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th, 30th..
JULY: 1st, 7th, 8th 15th

If you are able to make one or more of the dates listed please let me know here on this thread or on faccebook or call me...
i appologize for the late notice on this first week of camp, however there are still several weeks available to come out and have fun..

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
Re: CAMP SMILE TIME AGAIN... PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN
June 14, 2011 01:33PM
nice work JC...... wish I lived closer !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
BUD
June 14, 2011 01:42PM
Do you need any portable baskets I will deliver them if you do. I think I have a box of mini discs you can give away as well. bud5996
June 14, 2011 01:48PM
I believe the camp has their own baskets buddy. It's was good to be able to help out this great cause last year and I look forward to doing it again this year.
June 15, 2011 01:12PM

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
June 15, 2011 03:14PM
I'm going to try and make it out on the 17th.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
June 16, 2011 08:22AM
If everything works out today I will be there tomarrow
June 16, 2011 04:09PM
there were 4 of us out at CAMP SMILE today and we had a great time with the campers... i hope to see more of our mobile players out there as the weeks go by.. i know that thursday and friday mornings are almost impossible to make but if you can it is well worth the time.. thank you trey , andrew , david for making it today,,,
i will be there again tomorrow (friday) morning at 09:00 ... if you need info how to get there just call me at 251-377-8551...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
June 17, 2011 06:25PM
today was even better that yesterday... we had kenny & trey from our disc-family.. and 3 young ladies who were informed in here church about this from one of my facebook contacts...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
June 19, 2011 05:30PM
today is father's day, so Happy Father's day to all you dads out there...
i am in need of help on june 23rd (thursday) out at CAMP SMILE... i have to work day shift and can not make it out to CAMP that day.. could someone please step up and help me out on this day.. if so please post on here so i can let the camp officers know who will be there (for security reasons).. this is an awesome, heart warming experience that should not be missed, if you can make it...
if you have any questions please contact me here, or on facebook @ Jc Cannon , or just call 251-377-8551..
thanks in advance for the help...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
June 19, 2011 07:17PM
I can't, I am working night shift wednesday and Thursday night.
June 20, 2011 07:43PM
I am only teaching summer school monday through wednesday so i can come out thusday and possible friday as well. What do I need to bring with me?
Kimberly
BUD
June 21, 2011 10:51AM
JC- I will take your spot-- call me and tell me WHAT you want me to do/be ready for. bud5996 509-4673
June 21, 2011 01:35PM
THANK YOU KIM, I SENT YOU A PM TO CALL ME WHEN YOU CAN AND I'LL GIVE YOU ALL THE DETAILS (typing is not my strong point)
THANK YOU BUDDY, I'LL CALL YOU IN A FEW MINUTES WITH THE DETAILS...
KENNY KEASLER MAY ALSO BE THERE AGAIN, THANKS IN ADVANCE TO KENNY AND HIS BOSS FOR ALLOWING HIM TIME OFF FOR THIS...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
June 23, 2011 04:08AM
THANK YOU ALSO GOES OUT TO JOSH YORK & CLAYTON FINCH FOR HELPING WITH THIS IN MY ABSENCE TODAY.. I KNOW THAT EACH OF YOU WILL BE BACK AS YOUR SCHEDULE ALLOWS... I'LL BE OUT AT CAMP SMILE TOMORROW (FRIDAY 6/24) WITH KEITH ROBINSON AND MAY BE A FEW OTHERS.. COME JOIN US IF YOU CAN,,,,

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
BUD
June 23, 2011 06:00PM
We did well today- Kim and Josh were great with the kids and I think we were a hit. Good luck and good fun on Friday..... bud5996
June 23, 2011 06:15PM
Disc-golfers, if you haven't taken a few hours to do this, you are missing out.

We go out there to help the kids out, but we left having been helped out. I left today with a fulfillment that I haven't experienced in quite some time. These kids just want a chance to be normal and this Camp allows them such a chance.

I had a great time and I will be there again on Friday. Thank you JC for drumming up awareness, and thanks Buddy and Kim for all you did today.

Josh
June 23, 2011 09:08PM
Buddy, Kim, & Josh, thank you so very much... i will be there in the morning (friday 6/24) and i look forward to seeing those of you that can make it out... Josh i see you are hooked as i am on this experience, words cannot really express the way you feel when the day at CAMP SMILE is finished.. THANK YOU again to each of you for keeping a promise that i was not able to today... There are still many opportunities left to come out and have a day of fun that will make a campers day a little brighter...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
June 24, 2011 10:23AM
Woulda been there today but I am with Ana having to do a bunch of stuff for something she has planned for tomorrow.

Have fun!
BUD
June 24, 2011 11:14AM
FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY PARTY????? Happy Birthday Josh and many more.... bud5996
June 25, 2011 12:36AM
Thanks Buddy!!!!!!
June 27, 2011 09:28PM
If anyone is out there reading this please let me know on this thread if you can help with CAMP SMILE on the following dates:
Friday 7/1
Thursday 7/7
Friday 7/8
My schedule at work has experienced massive changes and as a result i will not be able to attend to my CAMP SMILE commitment as i had hoped.. I just received notification of these schedule changes today.. SO... if there is anyone out there who still reads the forum for positive opportunities to promote our sport, PLEASE reply on this thread.. If you can help out on any of the 3 dates listed please let me know...
To those have already made it out to CAMP SMILE you know what a great time this is for EVERYONE involved, and again THANK YOU to each of you for the help...
The time frame is still 9:00am till noon, or however much of that time frame you can donate to a great group of people...
THANKS in advance to all who can help..

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
June 27, 2011 09:47PM
I am not sure which of those days I can make it, but I am almost certain I can do 1-2 of them.

Sign me up.
June 28, 2011 08:25AM
I may be able to do both Fridays. I'll call or text you can let you know for sure. Sometimes my Fridays are up in the air until Thursday night :)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
June 29, 2011 07:52PM
JOSH AND JUSTIN,
THANKS FOR STEPPING UP......
IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WHO MAY BE ABLE TO GIVE A LITTLE TIME ON JULY 1st, 7th, & 8th FROM 9:00am TILL NOON?...
ANYONE??
ANYONE???
THANKS....

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
June 29, 2011 08:13PM
BUDDY,I'D LOVE TO ,BUT MORNINS ARE TIME FOR WORK.I'M AVAILIBLE AFTER 3

BMB
June 29, 2011 11:22PM
i understand "B" ... i'm just looking for those that can... i hope there are a few out there that are able to get off work or may not be working and willing to have a great time...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
BUD
June 30, 2011 01:06PM
Thought I would be able to help out, but just got off the phone with work and they got ALL your dates-- might be able come on 7/7/011 before I go in...will let you know. bud5996
June 30, 2011 02:35PM
THANKS BUDDY, ANYTHING YOU CAN DO WILL BE GREAT...
WE (KIM INGRAM & I) HAD A REAL BLAST WITH THE CAMPERS AND STAFF THIS MORNING..
KEITH "THE BODTGUARD" ROBINSON WILL BE AT CAMP SMILE TOMORROW (7/1/11) , I HOPE OTHERS CAN COME TO HAVE A GREAT TIME LIKE WE DID THIS MORNING...
IN HELPING OTHERS WE ARE REALLY HELPING OURSELVES...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
June 30, 2011 03:45PM
This is a fun week. Camper are mid-teens through early 20's, They are a blast. Anyone that shows up this week WILL have a great time.

Next week is my favorite week. All the old cats... Mid-20's through 60. Ya'll come out. It's a good but hot time. Not much shade other than by the ropes course.

Thanks to everyone who has made it out so far.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 35
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013