Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2011 Fox Hunt presented by F.B.I.

Posted by sand2bass2 
2011 Fox Hunt presented by F.B.I.
June 28, 2011 10:24AM
2011 Fox Hunt
Paul B. Johnson State Park
Hattiesburg, MS

Am version - 9/18
Pro version - 11/19

This year's Fox Hunt is going to be special and will be one that you don't want to miss. Sponsorships have been coming in nicely and we will be giving away LOTS of extra stuff at both events. For the Am Fox Hunt the champion of the Intermediate divison will take home a portable basket, and the Advanced champion will take one home as well at the Pro Fox Hunt. Also, the first 40 PAID entries (no exceptions!!) at both events will get a FREE tee-shirt for their early commitment to this great event.

Amateur Fox Hunt

*Field STRICTLY capped at 81 players*
*All Novice and Juniors get a choice of ANY disc at sign up*
*All Intermediate divisions get a DX disc at sign up*
*Safari skins for top 3 Advanced Men*
*added $$$ to Advanced Men division*

All Adv. div.'s - $30
All Int. div.'s - $25
Novice div.'s - $20
Junior div.'s - $15
*No Pro divisons offered*

Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
Tee off: 10:00 Sharp!

Pro Fox Hunt

*Field STRICTLY capped at 81 players*
*New 9 hole course will also be used*
*All Adv. divisions will get a Pro plastic disc at sign up*
*Adv. Men Champ will win a Discatcher Sport portable basket*
*Added $$$ for the Pro Div.'s*
*Safari Skins match for the top 3 Open players*

Open & Masters - $40
Pro Women - $30
Grandmasters - $35
All Adv. div.'s - $30
*No INT., Novice or Junior div.'s offered*

Player meeting: 8:45 a.m.
Tee off at 9:15 SHARP!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2011 11:47AM by John K.
Re: 2011 Fox Hunt presented by F.B.I.
June 28, 2011 10:33AM
I'm hoping to make this one.

Adv divisions get to play in both tournies?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
June 28, 2011 11:20AM
Yes!! Bring em on....
June 28, 2011 04:18PM
Tony,

Unless we are having the Am Fox Hunt on a Wednesday, I think you mean 9/18...lol. You know I'll be at both.
June 28, 2011 05:19PM
Actually, Sept. 17th right??? Sorry for the confusion....
June 28, 2011 11:34PM
SPONSORS NEEDED!!!

In order to make this event as high a caliber as I am hoping to, we will definately need some more sponsors. I personally have sponsored quite a few events over the years with MY OWN cash (not club money), so I am hoping that the generosity will be recipricated in some way. We will need the support of the SN family to help cover the costs of the park fees, baskets that will be given away and not made up through entry fees, CTP prizes (one for every card the 2nd round I hope, but not sure yet), ring-o-fires and all the added cash and plastic that will cover the (2) skins matches and payouts.

We are asking for donations of any kind. If you have any discs, bags, shirts, etc... that you are not going to use and you want to help a tourney that is for the players alone (100++ % payout) we would love to have you as a sponsor! Please help out if you can. Thanks.

Current Sponsors:

Franklin Builders Inc.
Magnolia Insulation
Southeast Insurance (Steve Napier)
Wards 98 West Hattiesburg
Stacy Pace (Realtor-Coldwell Banker)
Carnival Video Hattiesburg
Hornsby's Auto Parts Petal, MS
Chad Rousse
July 14, 2011 12:00PM
SPONSOR UPDATE:

Innova Champion Discs
Sanford Cement Construction
BirdieMonster- Mobile, AL

A big thank you to Innova for their continued generosity that never ceases to inspire!! They sell us quality hotstamped discs at a great price and throw in free sponsorship items on top of that. Rock on Innova, rock on!!

I will soon have KC Rocs and KC GLOW Aviars with the Fox Hunt stamp so please hit me up and help boost the tourney. Thanks

TB.
July 14, 2011 12:16PM
KEY CHAINS BIKE & DISC in Fort Walton Beach, FL would like to donate some goodies as well as $50.00.....

let me know where to send it to :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
July 14, 2011 02:20PM
Awesome!! Thanks so much!

Tony Bass
2300 Lincoln Rd. Apt. 130
Hattiesburg, MS

Thanks again!!

TB
July 21, 2011 08:44AM
SPONSOR UPDATE:

Canebrake Country Club
Hub City Drag Strip
Rick Pierpoint
AMED - Medical Insurance Brokers
Keychains Bike & Disc

Once again, Canebrake Country Club will be sponsoring a voucher for a free round of golf for 4 at our private golf course. I will be auctioning it off just like last time and it will go to the highest bidder.

Let the bidding start at $40 ($10 increments please). Who wants it????

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2011 08:45AM by sand2bass2.
July 21, 2011 09:24AM
Is there going to be online or advanced registration for the AM Fox Hunt. I think I might come down for it and I want a t-shirt.
July 21, 2011 10:10AM
Yes, pre-registration is very much encouraged. As I said above, the field will be capped at 81 and I am pretty sure this tourney will fill up. Only the first 40 pre-registered competitors will receive a FREE tee-shirt. Again, pre-registered meaning entry received prior to the tourney date (NO EXCEPTIONS).

Send entries to:
Chris Bass
2300 Lincoln Rd. (Apt. 130)
Hattiesburg, MS 39402
July 21, 2011 10:35AM
Just curious to know why 81 player cap and what does F.B.I stand for?
Anonymous User
July 21, 2011 10:42AM
Federal Bureau of Investigation.
July 21, 2011 10:53AM
Franklin Builders Incorporated of Hattiesburg.

The reason for the 81 player cap is so we can play in 3-somes (27 x 3 = 81). We will be using the 9 hole course as well, thus the 27 holes....

I am pushing 3-somes so that we finish in time to have a Final 4 hole Safari Skins match for the top 3 Advanced players.

Another reason for the cap is to encourage Pre-registration. My goal for The Fox Hunt in the years to come is to have it filled before the weekend of the tourney arrives. Hopefully, that will happen this year....

TB
July 21, 2011 10:56AM
oh ok thanks tony.
July 21, 2011 01:33PM
sand2bass2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Send entries to:
> Chris Bass
> 2300 Lincoln Rd. (Apt. 130)
> Hattiesburg, MS 39402

Do you take Pay Pal or only checks?
July 21, 2011 08:58PM
No paypal. Sorry. Checks or money orders....
July 23, 2011 03:03PM
Glad to see a tourny thats stackn the adv division...
July 24, 2011 05:34PM
Yeah, Robby there has been a horrible trend down this way for quite some time now, that I (and many, many others) have noticed. The Advanced Men division is struggling, PERIOD. I personally have always thought that the Adv. division should be your biggest field at a tourney because imo that is where a player who possesses much skill at all should play. But that is not the case in SN land. Most of our top intermediates possess MUCH skill and should be competing in a higher division, but have no incentives to move up.

The Intermediate division should be just what it sounds like, a temporary division between just beginning the game (Recreational) and PLAYING the game. And by PLAYING the game, I mean simply being able to throw flat, straight drives and make a few putts here and there, basically shooting around par. If you can do this (50% of most Int. fields at our tournies today does this WELL) then you should move up to the division you belong in (Advanced) and leave the Intermediate division to the true Ams of the sport. Those that will never win in today's tournies, who lack the physical gifts of most, or that have sustained injury, or those that have played their Rec tourney and move on up even though they are not very good. They should have a chance to win a division that their skill level matches and not get killed at tournies by players who just won't move up. It is total B.S. and everyone knows it, yet we do nothing about it.

With those thoughts in mind, I am going to try very hard at my tournies to boost the payouts in the Advanced Men division, like I do for the Ladies and the Open divisions, starting at The Fox Hunt. A skins match for the Top 3 players hopefully will entice some people to step up, if not a guaranteed 130% (maybe more depending on sponsors) payout might. At the Pro Fox Hunt, all Adv. div.'s will get a choice of a hotstamped Pro plastic disc, plus we will have ctp's for every card 1 of the 2 rounds, as well as a guaranteed Dicatcher sport portable basket (retail value $200) for the Champ. There will be no Intermediate divisions at the Pro event, so if players want to compete for all that, they will have to step up and give it a try. Hopefully, some of them will play well and realize that maybe they do belong there.

I hope you (Robby) and your wife can make it. It should be a rewarding event for the Advanced players!!
July 24, 2011 08:33PM
I have notice the past few tournaments I've been to have been paying out more to the advanced division, which is a very good thing. TD's are realizing they should pay more to advanced.

Im hoping I will be able to make the pro version if I dont get too caught up in school. This sounds like it's gonna be an awesome tournament.

And before you ask Robby, I'm not going to play pro ha

Mississippi State Disc Golf
July 25, 2011 03:45AM
I will try to make it, somehow there is always something going on when there is a tournament there. I Will Be Playing Adv!
July 25, 2011 06:33AM
Glad to hear it Ethan and Eric. I don't think ya'll will go home disappointed....
July 25, 2011 08:42AM
I couldn't agree more Tony. If you are playing in the advanced division and are shooting the same or better than the last in cash of the professional division MOVE UP!!
August 02, 2011 01:06AM
PRE-REGISTRATION LIST:

Dan Koehler
Robert Payne
Larissa Bass
Dustin Sasser
Adam Grimes

At this point they are the only ones guaranteed a tourney shirt.

I have received the rocs and aviars and have begun sale of them. I want to thank everyone that has bought one so far. Your contributions will help make this tourney go far. Thank you again!

Anyone want to bid on a great golf voucher for only $40???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 01:06AM by sand2bass2.
August 02, 2011 08:38AM
i bid 40

August 02, 2011 11:47AM
Thanks Stephen. WHAT!!!

Do I hear $50 for a round of 4 at a private and beautifull golf course??? All proceeds go back into the tourney so please help a TD out.

TB
August 06, 2011 12:47PM
Made a few more contacts this week that I think are going to be great contributors to this tourney. Talked to a chiropractor, a dentist, an H&R Block owner and RainForrest Car Wash about sponsoring and I feel pretty good about them all getting on board. In fact I am running out of sponsor packages to offer that could net anything more than $50 (Hole Sponsor).

Does anyone have any ideas on other sponsor options? Thus far I have covered the title sponsor, tee shirt sponsor, scorecard sponsor (hopefully) and numerous hole sponsors. I need another option that I could ask $300+ for. I am already putting most logos into the program so that option is out. Any ideas??

TB
August 06, 2011 02:58PM
maybe ask a trophy shop to see if they could make some trophy's for your $300 sponsorship, i dont really know how that would work out.

Mississippi State Disc Golf
August 06, 2011 06:11PM
I had this Issue in my tournament, I made a banner with all the larger sponsors and hung it from the players meeting area. Also if you use all the holes up on hole sponsors, you could use more on the skins round. Or CTP sponsors if you have CTPs, which is what I had to do as well, so basically two sponsors on one hole.

May be bringing a couple people with me if all works out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 46
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013